PDA

View Full Version : Favourite elven mage class!

MoonlightRequeim
08-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey everyone ^_^
i was just wondering what everyones favourite mage class was for an elf? What do you like about it?

currently i`m an Elven Wizard and i must say i quite enjoy it! its so much fun to kill mobs in one hit..not to mention the usefulness in PVP.

sdatt
08-31-2007, 07:07 AM
Yeah, you will have even more fun when you get higher in lvls. The Spellsigners (SpS) are fast as hell, and if you do your tattoos right can be pretty strong also. No, they are not the most powerful mages in L2, but again, they are the most fun mage class in the game. And, do not listen to anyone that tells you different. When someone tells SpS are not good in pvp and/or pve, that just means that they never played, or donít know how to play a SpS.
Have fun out there.

Krissa
08-31-2007, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey everyone ^_^
i was just wondering what everyones favourite mage class was for an elf?

[/ QUOTE ]
So far, we have 2 threads about EE, 1 thread about SpS, and 0 threads about ES. Well, basically that sums it up.

MoonlightRequeim
08-31-2007, 07:19 AM
i`m assuming sdatt that you have a spell singer? ^_^
they do look like a pretty kewl class to go but as of yet i havent decided what path i`m heading down :)

sdatt
08-31-2007, 11:39 AM
yes, i have a lvl 72 sps. do you like soloing more, then being in a party? if so, i would think about going ES then. them unicorns can be great meat shields. but you are able to solo with sps just fine also.

Isaydia
08-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Must be EE, havent tried ES yet though but they do seem like a lot of fun :)

MalineII
08-31-2007, 01:40 PM
I can confirm that EEs and ESs are a ton of fun... I'm sorta itching to try an AoE SpS, but I guess i missed the right chronicles for that. ;(

Listof
08-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Well, for parties I like my EE the best but for solo I like my SpS the best. :p And for PvP, it's a toss-up, although I do enjoy healing in PvP, it's nice to sometimes get to dish out the damage too. ^^ (However, I have only played my SpS in mass pvp once, all my other SpS pvp experience has been 1v1 or 2v2. I always play my EE in mass pvp.)

Both are fun to have, hence, I have both! :D

Oh, and you HAVE to love the way the ES sounds when she's summoning or casting on her unicorn! I sometimes pull out my lvl 35 unicorn just to hear it. :p

MalineII
08-31-2007, 02:44 PM
That sound was one of the main reasons my first ES was male (and the look of male elves in BW was the reason the second was a girl...).

I find it horrible. But I guess it's all a matter of taste. XD

Isaydia
08-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Been thinking the exact same thing mate, but as you said.. might be bit too late, although aoe parties = fun fun fun :)

GabrielK
09-10-2007, 05:02 AM
ES. :)
I only wish you had an option to paint your horsies different colors... A pink horsie is somewhat... Umm, no...
To quote Guybrush Threepwood: "But it's PINK?! :(".

mcBuff
09-10-2007, 06:10 AM
ES is definately my favourite elven mage class. They are a soloing machine without downtime. Very fun to play with, however slow exp (with a boxed se) when you get higher lvl as the pony eats up ur exp (a comparsion to sps with boxed se at same lvl).

However, to be able to 1 or 2 shot mobs and 'own' in pvp sps is the way to go. Did 1ish k dmg to a 78 SE in total b4 she can kill me with her augment skill - hurricane, when I'm only a 51 sps, that is maddness @.@

EE is a fun class to play, however you need to be in party to lvl. Unless you are willing to kill undead mobs with alot of downtimes (since you cant recieve recharges anymore =.=).

Champa
09-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I'll have to cast my vote on the ES. If I have to be an elf, that's the one I pick (and I did.. :p)

Ellisande
09-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Yes Maline, the right chronicle to aoe on a spellsinger was C1-C3 when we still had an intact sleeping cloud and aoe spells could hit an inifinite number of targets. These were also the chronicles when it was possible to find an aoe group as a spellsinger.

Once C4 hit, nadda on getting an aoe group in Lionna. I'ts been solo/duo with a se friend all the way to mystic muse. Too bad elves can't subclass into a se, else I would have been able to return the favor.

Kruken
11-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Ya you missed the chronicles for AOEing with an Sps. Not so great now. Sps is still fun if you have access to a buffer, if not you will have alot of down time.

Hutch
11-25-2007, 12:14 AM
I love EEs... such a fun class :)
SpS/MM are fun in pvp... a lot of fun.. but they arent the easiest class to get a party with.