PDA

View Full Version : 40+ raid boss TK or SWS

Goddess
01-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone, I am re-rolling elf knight at lvl 40 and need help on picking the class TK or SWS that will help me the most. I want do lvl 40+ raid for those life crystal/egg to get new transform spell. It alway hard to find a tank in raid, plenty of mage and dd all the time. From what is seem lvl 40-46 skill beside life cubic and a few heavy armor master, an SWS has everything that a TK need in thses lvl 40+raid. and lvl 46 get pdef song, lvl 49 an SWS get song of hunter which is very nice. I know at higher lvl raid boss an SWS fail behind a real tank, but for lvl 40-45 raid boss will SWS take on tank job well? as I plan for my elf fighter to do good damage and tank and keep aggro on the boss.

+5 Full plate set
+10 samurai sword with focus
-4dex +4str

thanks for any input..

Yatta7
01-14-2008, 08:00 PM
SwS doesn't get heavy armor masteries after level 40, and the p.def song is at level 55. Level 46 is run speed.

As for how the SwS will perform as a tank at level 40-45, I don't know, I never tried.

_Meate_
01-14-2008, 09:53 PM
SwS does ok until mid-40's. They can be built up to have lots of HP and pdef, but for a tank, you really need hate skills. If you don't get upgraded hate skills, you're not going to be able to hang on to the raid boss and he'll wipe out your party.

However, with that being said...

When we do the Hero Rift boss, our 78 BD does the first 10-15 seconds of hitting before the rest of us jump in. During this time he's in UD and is building up hate. As soon as the rest of us jump in, I spam my <40 hate and it only takes about a minute for me to get agro. From then until we kill the boss, the BD and I ping-pong the boss by using our low hate skills. When we're not getting hit, we build up our HP with VR, thus saving the Cardinal's HP.

Goddess
01-15-2008, 01:02 PM
hmm the SWS and BD combo in single raid party is very interesting. If you both can keep the boss and minion on yourself with you lvl 36 hate skill on an lvl 70+ boss. It would do wonder in my lvl 40-45 boss with a SWS +BD we can dance+sing , take turn keeping boss on us. I know even with mad gear the SWS or Tk will not outdamage a real DD, but do u think those lvl 36 hate are good enough, I mean if a lvl 70 SWS have great sucess on high lvl raid boss, my lilttle 40+ SWS should do fine right.. so far i leaning toward the SWS class- any1 else play these two class can give more advise...

[ QUOTE ]
SwS does ok until mid-40's. They can be built up to have lots of HP and pdef, but for a tank, you really need hate skills. If you don't get upgraded hate skills, you're not going to be able to hang on to the raid boss and he'll wipe out your party.

However, with that being said...

When we do the Hero Rift boss, our 78 BD does the first 10-15 seconds of hitting before the rest of us jump in. During this time he's in UD and is building up hate. As soon as the rest of us jump in, I spam my <40 hate and it only takes about a minute for me to get agro. From then until we kill the boss, the BD and I ping-pong the boss by using our low hate skills. When we're not getting hit, we build up our HP with VR, thus saving the Cardinal's HP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Godin
01-15-2008, 03:51 PM
The SwS is not a tank. As a SwS, you can probably tank some RBs until you're level 43. After that, the RB will ignore your attempts to aggro him; your p.def will be weak as well as your shield defense rate, and the CON stats of a Light Elf aren't the best either. Also, before level 45, you don't get any p.def/HP/evasion song. The SwS will be useful on RB parties only after level 55 because the songs are useless before that...

Yatta7
01-16-2008, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The SwS is not a tank. As a SwS, you can probably tank some RBs until you're level 43. After that, the RB will ignore your attempts to aggro him; your p.def will be weak as well as your shield defense rate, and the CON stats of a Light Elf aren't the best either. Also, before level 45, you don't get any p.def/HP/evasion song. The SwS will be useful on RB parties only after level 55 because the songs are useless before that...

[/ QUOTE ]

SwS will be useful in RB parties at 49+. People want Song of Hunter ASAP.

Goddess
01-16-2008, 02:52 PM
hm so the low lvl raid boss40-45 will be more effective for a lvl 43TK , unless I have lvl 55+ SWS song crit/pdef/hp song I will do badly or fail with a low lvl 43 SWS right..

SacredFlames
01-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I think TK is more suitable for the tank role even at low level raid compared to Sws. TK has more pdef, higher level hate skill, higher shield defense rate. TK also has Hate Aura which is a very useful skill on bosses with minions. Cubics are helpful too (especially life cubic one). Sws is not that bad of a tank at low lvl. Sws can build up hate at the beginning of the raid with UD up (as Meate mentioned in his post) and can hold boss agro for a while. However, you may lose the agro in the long run.

Godin
01-17-2008, 09:18 AM
In a sws, when you finally get a good song that will make you usefull in a RB party, your hate skills, p.def and other will be weak for Tank...
sws is more to help the Tank, sing your songs about p.def and HP to make the tank more "powerfull". BD with them M.atk and Cast. speed dances are more the nukers helper. i dont know how it's now with the kamaels and the others DD, if they can "nuke", or if is always better pure nukers (sps, sph, sorce.).

__Terry__
02-16-2008, 01:57 PM
SWS is not a tanker its a supporter.

TK is the right one to choose.