PDA

View Full Version : I need help choosing a B Grade Robe Set for my SPS

Inland
01-17-2008, 08:28 AM
I was thinking of either going with Zubei or Doom. Any suggestions?

SoulSoldier
01-17-2008, 08:33 AM
zubei is worst set a B grade imo.

I would either go Avadon/BW personally, i prefer their bonuses, SPS have cast speed as thier racial bonus, its easier to increase your racial advantages.

I.E upping an SEs cast speed by 4 will not yield as good results as if you upped their INT.

Same with SPS, up their Wit/Cast speed since its thier highest natural stat.

Inland
01-17-2008, 08:38 AM
But Zubie gives 10% M.ATK. Would it be better to 2 Shot a Mob wearing Zubie than 3 Shot a Mob with a faster casting speed wearing Avadon or Blue Wolf. I am mainly trying to kill as fast as possible while using less mana as possible.

SoulSoldier
01-17-2008, 08:45 AM
fair point, if you want to kill fast then sure go for zubei. I used Karmian then Blue Wolf on my SPS before he retired. My current one is at 41 wearing demon with +4 SoWD w/MP and +4 int tats. so his m.atk isnt too bad. I one shot most at AI.

SoulSoldier
01-17-2008, 08:46 AM
should also point out this is fighter forum, not mage forum.

Inland
01-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Yea, I made the mistake of posting on the Elf Fighter forums. I am LV 48 and I am using the exact same gear as you are. Demon Set with Sword Of Whispering Death w Magic Power SA. Why did you retire a SPS and make another?

Venaja
01-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Just pointing it out for you. For PvE damage is the way to go.
PvP is about casting speed.

AquaSpark
01-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Nothing beats demon robes. I used demon robes until 61 because I didn't have access to an SE for empower.

If you have access to an SE with empower, then I suggest Avadon because you will still 2 shoot and you will kill faster because of your casting speed.

(of course +4 int and +4 wit tats are a must as soon as you can afford them)

SoulSoldier
01-21-2008, 04:25 AM
i retired a couple of years ago to move to different games, came back for C4 to find my account had been deleted :(
started again, got to 52 PP and found it wasnt deleted, so now i have 2 aco***** and all my old chars.

Your setup seems fine at the moment, stick with your setup and maybe get wit dyes for faster damage, or int dyes for more power, persoanlly i found using no dyes works best since u keep your regen rate which is important for SPS since nothing is weak against water really, so you have to waste about 70mp per mob castin surrender to water.

AquaSpark
01-21-2008, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
persoanlly i found using no dyes works best since u keep your regen rate which is important for SPS since nothing is weak against water really, so you have to waste about 70mp per mob castin surrender to water.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, if you're suggesting we cast surrender on all mobs, you are wasting waaaaay too much mp. I hunt 2xhp mobs and casting surrender is still a waste of mp.

choose mobs you can 2 shoot, not surrender+2 shoot otherwise you waste 1/3 of your mp bar.

SoulSoldier
01-22-2008, 04:54 AM
ye thats what im saying, its a waste of mana.

populus
01-26-2008, 12:02 PM
use demon set for pve... save your adena for a grade (DC robes for sure x100000000000)

Listof
02-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Neither zubei nor doom is a good choice for a SpS. Use demon (or avadon if you can 2-shot mobs w/ it) until A-grade. In A-grade Nightmare is ok if you plan on exclusively PVEing, otherwise go DC.

Always use acumen SA on any weapon you use.