PDA

View Full Version : Plains Walker - Mortal Strike

GabrielK
01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Temporarily increases your chances of making a critical strike. An equipped dagger weapon is required to use this skill. Effect 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this do exactly? Does anyone know for a FACT?
I can assume just as anyone can, but what does it really do?

I hope someone knows for sure. Thanks.

P.S. The AW gets it too.

GabrielK
01-24-2008, 03:15 AM
Astounding, no one knows or no one cares to share? :(

Darewin
01-24-2008, 11:51 AM
It gives a higher lethal strike landing rate when using your skills.

IceBunny
01-24-2008, 04:55 PM
You know ur special attacks? deadly blow/backstab/etc.

It makes them land more.

Venaja
01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
2 difrent answers.. interesting.

GabrielK
01-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Great, so together they make no straight answer :eek:.
Well, since NCSoft doesn't seem to care that we don't know for sure what a skill does, I guess we're just left wondering.
How can I believe one player over another? I can't so I'm left wondering.
Also, if NCSoft suggests we "TEST" the skill and notice what it does they need get a clue and realise that you are NOT supposed to test skills to notice what they do, they are SKILLS that you should know exactly what they do, not an misterious item that you have to figure out, ok?

If it would've increased the chance of Mortal Blows it would've been normal to say so like other skills that do this OR if it was supposed to increase lethal chance it should've said just that and not that it increases "critical strike" which means.. NOTHING.
Critical strike does not show up in any other skill name, skill description or "specifications" we have on the official website (or anywhere else). So it increases something that makes no sense in the given context?

Bleah, this is pointless, I'm 99% sure noone will officially say what the skill does, as obviously players can only assume (as expected, no offense !) what it actually does.
1%...

Thanks to those who answered, even on pm :p.

... still hoping for a clear answer and not "assumptions", but I guess that can only be given by an "official".

GabrielK
01-25-2008, 07:36 AM
I got a very confident (and even a justification) on PM, but I will let that user post the answer she gave me if she wants.

Tha answer as I would sum it up, was it influences eveyrthing, both chance to land a blow and the leathal strike chance. This also based on the fact that when you land a blow it says "critical strike" which I ignored :p. I always notice the dmg but forgot about the text :o.

Still, I find it hidden, intially anyway, they should've just said it more clear in the skill description imho. (like they did with other skills influencing such things :p).

Thanks for your patience.

populus
01-26-2008, 11:53 AM
describe like wut?
Prophecy of Fire - The spirit of an ancient warrior temporarily possesses the user. Consumes 5 spirit ores.

o.o
trust ncsoft to give us *any* information....

Yatta7
01-27-2008, 12:30 AM
On the C5 PTR, I made a PW and tested Mortal Strike on the Giran manor manager. I saw no difference between land rate. I didn't pay attention to crit rate or lethal rate.

I didn't test it very thoroughly, though. So I'm just assuming like everyone else. I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Matsumoto
02-01-2008, 08:22 PM
from what I understand it increase the chance to land a crt on skill.

like wise the only skill PW/AW has that crts is backstab. the other 3 skills PW/AW have don't do crts.

Tho I'm not 100% sure of this.

I know assassination, and hero dagger increase skill chance. I think mortal strike (skill) has a o/e to increase skill land rate. then you also get focus chance at 78; which increases chance to land stabs.

KnightOfDarkness
02-02-2008, 02:24 PM
I guessing it increases the chances of a critical strike like sometimes when you use a dagger skill and it says "critical strike" and you do a ton of damage? it probably increases the chance of that occuring. nothing more, nothing less.

Narem
02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
NO-

The special skills you see are lethal blow, and lethal strike:

Lethal Blow is only gotten when you use the skill "lethal blow" it has a chance to take your enemy down to 1HP.

Lethal strike- is not a skill - but is a percent chance take away 50% of your targets current HP. NOTE- you can land this several times on an anemy during 1 battle. It takes away only 50% of "current" HP. So if enemy has 2000 HP - you land skill it will now have 1000 hp, like wise if in say in Olympiad and your oponent has 2 HP left and you land skill- he will still have 1 hp left - Remember 50%. Also this "skill" (if you will) only lands while ussing dagger skills ie) Back stab etc..

NOTE- while attempting a lethal Blow- it can fail and you could still land a lethal strike.

To answer the origional question: Mortal strike-
IMO and from my experiences: is like haveing a sws in your party- it adds % chance to land criticals... DURING NORMAL SWINGS. I use it during PvE.

GL

N

AshleyHunter
02-20-2008, 08:10 AM
I think I answered this already in PM but here it is this is what it does.

it increases the chances of a critical strike (Deadly Blow, Blinding Blow, Backstab, Lethal Blow, Mortal Blow) these are all critical strike skills that only have a chance of landing they don't all ways land. Mortal Strike Increases that chance. Works even better with my demon dagger with MM and I +++ my Mortal Strike to +5 and now I land dam near every time with the Mortal Strike Buff on. ;)

GabrielK
02-20-2008, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I answered this already in PM but here it is this is what it does.it increases the chances of a critical strike (Deadly Blow, Blinding Blow, Backstab, Lethal Blow, Mortal Blow) these are all critical strike skills that only have a chance of landing they don't all ways land. Mortal Strike Increases that chance. Works even better with my demon dagger with MM and I +++ my Mortal Strike to +5 and now I land dam near every time with the Mortal Strike Buff on. ;)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again :o .

DPS
02-22-2008, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NO-

Lethal Blow is only gotten when you use the skill "lethal blow" it has a chance to take your enemy down to 1HP.

Lethal strike- is not a skill - but is a percent chance take away 50% of your targets current HP. NOTE- you can land this several times on an anemy during 1 battle. It takes away only 50% of "current" HP. So if enemy has 2000 HP - you land skill it will now have 1000 hp, like wise if in say in Olympiad and your oponent has 2 HP left and you land skill- he will still have 1 hp left - Remember 50%. Also this "skill" (if you will) only lands while ussing dagger skills ie) Back stab etc..

NOTE- while attempting a lethal Blow- it can fail and you could still land a lethal strike.

IMO and from my experiences: is like haveing a sws in your party- it adds % chance to land criticals... DURING NORMAL SWINGS. I use it during PvE.

GL

N

[/ QUOTE ]

lol and where do you get this info from?

Yatta7
02-28-2008, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NO-

GL

N

[/ QUOTE ]

lol and where do you get this info from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this information lies dormant within a source that starts with an "e" and ends with a "bay".

Nightfox
02-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Ashley is correct :)

DPS
03-01-2008, 07:57 AM
it def doesn't always bring hp to 1. . . .i wish it did

KnightOfDarkness
03-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I don't

DPS
03-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I do

Matsumoto
03-03-2008, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I do

[/ QUOTE ]

me to!!

Gecklar
03-03-2008, 07:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do

[/ QUOTE ]

me to!!

[/ QUOTE ]

By the power vested in my by the boards of NC Soft, I now pronounce you man and wife....you may kiss the bride.

(sorry, couldnt resist)

AshleyHunter
03-03-2008, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do

[/ QUOTE ]

me to!!

[/ QUOTE ]

By the power vested in my by the boards of NC Soft, I now pronounce you man and wife....you may kiss the bride.

(sorry, couldnt resist)

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO NICE!

DPS
03-04-2008, 01:08 AM
hahahaha. . .that was good. . .**** it. . .

KnightOfDarkness
03-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Glad I said I don't lol

DPS
03-05-2008, 08:31 PM
liar. . . ur just jealous . . .it's ok tho secrets safe here

Matsumoto
03-07-2008, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
liar. . . ur just jealous . . .it's ok tho secrets safe here

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, hes jelious cause his tank class, can't kill anything, well maybe a silenced buffer/healer.

AshleyHunter
03-07-2008, 05:46 AM
You must never Seen RED Duke in Action. That's a PVP DA

DPS
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
looks like i'll have to move to lionna to test him out. . .

Matsumoto
03-09-2008, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You must never Seen RED Duke in Action. That's a PVP DA

[/ QUOTE ]

lol redduke and I are buds.

We hanged out all the time last PTS.

tho I've not talked to him sence then.

And it was a crack at tanks, just a joke, I know they can kill people, perma stun is a *Itch.

AshleyHunter
03-10-2008, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait till next PTS he's always a Hell Knight and with The same name.

cheaper then moving. or just come and live on Lionna ;)

GabrielK
03-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Wait till he hits 81 and you're all screwed ! Right, 81... good luck with that.

DPS
03-11-2008, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait till next PTS he's always a Hell Knight and with The same name.

cheaper then moving. or just come and live on Lionna ;)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i'd have to wait 6 months. . . but who knows. . . if someone convinces me to then maybe i would. . .but as of now i have no reason to