PDA

View Full Version : Wild Beast Pastures (Beast Farm) - Spoiling Guide?

Reflex_Point
03-04-2008, 07:50 AM
I am not sure if the spoiling in beast farm is qualified as top secret or not, but I hardly can find useful information (detailed) in the web and forums about the spoiling in there.
When I ask some other dwarfs, they barely share information or gave me a vague idea of what I have found already in the web.
I have experimented with both type of food (spice and golden), but so far the spice food are the ones that has been providing me the better spoils.
Also, in my research, I found out that feeding will morph beasts to either fighters or magic creatures. Depending of the type, they will spoil different mats and recipies. I am pretty much sure most of you might know all that, but what I am looking for is something like this:

**Majestic Circlet 60% rec**
Mob: Cougar 2X
Food used: Spice
Type: Fighter

Is there any dwarfs willing to share info about that? I have been spoiling lots and lots of Majestic circlet 60% recs with cougars at 2X when using spice food. I think there are the fighter type (they stunned me).

I am chasing a DC helm rec, but I can't find it anywhere. I got maj circlets, EWA, EAA, BW parts but no DC helm rec :(.
I am not willing to pay 22M (average price in Devianne) for a DC helm rec.
I would appreciate any useful information.

Sincerely,
Another Brother Dwarf.

LucyfurZaana
03-04-2008, 08:02 AM
well i'm happy to see that you are doing everything right so far in the pastures. :) so kudos to you for being successful there, and them majestic circlet recs bring good money. :)

now i could be wrong but, not sure which particular mob gives the DC helm recs but i believe its Alpen Buffalo, chances are are pretty slim, around 1/150 or so. :/

i'll pm you a site, where you can get some more info about the mobs and spoil types.

/regards and good luck

RedScarvenger
03-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Hmm asking for hints but dont give any yourself.
There are two types of spice at beast farm golden and crystal.
*big hint*
The golden spice will disable item drops but you get adena while they crystal disables adena drops and let items drop.
*big hint end*
For DC helmet rec you need the 4x Buffalo.
While the transformations can give a vary of mobs at 1x and 2x the 4x is always the same of its two versions. Howerver 4x will be harder to get because you could tame that mob too.

There is also a site on the net that gives you the information you look for ( not direcly but with the hint its easy to figure ) but its not allowed to get postet.
Do what most bounty hunters do .... research.
Research in game and internet will lead you to your goal.

No i wont give u more hints i think i already gave u a lot.
GL on thouse DC recs ;)

PainAmplifier
03-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Just to clarify what Red has said.

There are 3 mob types at beast farm, other than the bandersnatches, Raiders and Grendels. They are the Kookabura, Buffalo and Cougar. (L65, L67 and L69 respectively.)

All of these mobs start at a 1/2 HP mob type. At this point they drop both adena and items.

These mobs can then be 'fed' with the Golden or Crystal Spice, which 'levels' them up to 1x hp, 2x hp and finally 4x hp. Of the three, only the buffalo has a chance to become a 'Trained Buffalo' at L4 and follow you around. (Wasting your spice, natch.)

There are EIGHT various *seperate* mobs for each of the 1x and 2x HP mobs, and FOUR for the 4x mobs. Half of each are reached by one type of spice. (And no, I never tried swapping spice in the middle of 'feeding' a mob, so I don't even know if that works at all.) (See Red's post for which spice gives adena dropping mobs, and which give item dropping mobs.)

Thus, starting from a single 1/2 HP mob your progression goes like this:

1/2 HP MOB
[+] Spice
1x HP MOB Random #1 OR
1x HP MOB Random #2 OR
1x HP MOB Random #3 OR
1x HP MOB Random #4
[+]Spice
2x HP MOB Random #1 OR
2x HP MOB Random #2 OR
2x HP MOB Random #3 OR
2x HP MOB Random #4
[+]Spice
4x HP MOB Random #1 OR
4x HP MOB Random #2

Repeat this chart for the alternate spice type, of which the loot tables are seperate for each and every mob. Which means that for each starting mob, there are an additonal 20(!) mobs that it can be 'grown' into. (Using "Korean random".) Half are reached by Golden Spice, half by the Crystal Spice.

[Blech! I just spent way too much time actually sorting out the mobs/spoils for this just to have a chart for myself on this place.]

Champa
03-04-2008, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
only the buffalo has a chance to become a 'Trained Buffalo' at L4 and follow you around.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can all become trained pets (buffalo, kookaburra, cougar).

PainAmplifier
03-04-2008, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
only the buffalo has a chance to become a 'Trained Buffalo' at L4 and follow you around.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they can, I've never seen it happen yet. Either that or the chance to tame a Buffalo is incredulously high and the others ludicrously low. It could be that I haven't done enough non-buffalo 4x, but it wouldn't be unthinkable.

RedScarvenger
03-04-2008, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they can, I've never seen it happen yet. Either that or the chance to tame a Buffalo is incredulously high and the others ludicrously low. It could be that I haven't done enough non-buffalo 4x, but it wouldn't be unthinkable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes all three of them are tameable. The reason you so often Buffalos follow the Bountyhunter is just that only the 4x spoil DC and tallum helmet recs. The cougars just spoil at 2x the maj cir rec and at 4x the NM helmet rec.
The birds spoil a lot nice top B grade at 2x too.
You also need 2x for the meat quest there.

To clarify there are only 2 types of 4x mobs per spice. The mage and melee type makes 4 different in total.
Oh and changing spice while feeded with the other type before will let you loose only more spice but not affect transformations.

Oldfart
03-17-2008, 11:36 PM
They all train (birds, cougars and buffalo), and I've seen the trained Cougar the most.

Blauw
03-18-2008, 12:04 PM
simply looks like:
all 2x-hp-mob-spoils = crystal spice
and all 4x-hp-mpb-spoils = golden spice