PDA

View Full Version : Sps questions

gouldy
09-30-2008, 03:51 PM
hi i am a elven wizard and goin on sps

i chose sps because i like playing elven wizard

i dont know alot about sps but i know they cast fast and are good in pvp

every one says they are a great class but i am wondering what makes them so great?

Gnatalye
09-30-2008, 04:09 PM
When fully buffed, they can do a very large amount of damage in a very short amount of time. That is what PvP is about, burst damage. Sadly, they have been nerfed pretty bad pre S grade, but after S grade they are great.

However, in terms of unbuffed soloing... or maybe soloing x1 HP mobs, they have pretty much remained the same, and are still good. The problem with a SpS is mana. You will run out of mana unless you hunt in an area with herbs, and even then, you will still run out of mana.

If you don't have a second account, get one, and make a SE. I personally have a 79 EE with mana gain, and +clarity and recharge, a 78 SE with +recharge, and I still have to rest every buff round. However, I don't hunt in an herb area, because having full buffs is overkill there

They are a great class, but VERY mana inefficient in PvE. All that being said, I love mine, and have hated all other classes I try.

WoPkNi
10-01-2008, 12:22 AM
cast speed++
and i totally agree with getting at least a shillien elder behind you at all times

Alexeis
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally have a 79 EE with mana gain, and +clarity and recharge

[/ QUOTE ] What am I now, a boxed buffer mp bank? :p

At any rate without any outside buff support you might be able to get to 62...but once 63 rolls around and you're not getting newbie buffs anymore you'll really be hurting. SPS is the most support dependent mage ingame, get at least an se behind you like suggested and stick to mobs that drop herbs (no dugeons or catas for you unless you want extreme downtime or have at least 2 rechargers with you and se/pp buffs). Fun class, very destructive, but very very demanding on the support side.

DorkAvenger
10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When fully buffed, they can do a very large amount of damage in a very short amount of time. That is what PvP is about, burst damage. Sadly, they have been nerfed pretty bad pre S grade, but after S grade they are great.

[/ QUOTE ]

what nerfs?

Gnatalye
10-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Surrender to water and ice vortex no longer increase your damage. It was balanced out with element stones, but that is only after you get S grade weapon. That's why I said pre S grade. Everyone says element stones made nukers overpowered... but it really didn't. It was great for Necro's though!

What gave nukers the edge now is that I can vortex you and then crusher you, and you won't know what is going on until you are already dead. Vortex crusher is amazing, and the fact you don't have to surrender with a 150 mace makes it so you can sneak up on people and vortex them, then crush of course. So it let us not have to use surrender in 99% of cases, which is good, it is a boost, but it's not like everyone else didn't get a boost from 150 weapons either, and they probably got a bigger one than casters... But, you can't be too mad, unless you did something silly like spent a bunch of XP enchanting your surrender, then you can be mad

And yes, I'm pretty mad about it.

astrix19
11-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Dont forget the cancel during pvp which is a great skill.And if u are with more sps in your grp u cause a lot of pain in others

Trensharo
11-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about mana on an SPS.

They do fine with one SE if you keep it in party and know how
to distribute your Mana Herb Drops.

I have absolutely no MP problems, and don't plan to have any.

This is the end of a buffround (from SE's screen). I usually always have
over half MP on both toons at the end of the buffround. I rarely (i.e. maybe
once every 3 buffrounds) use an MP Elixir on either of them, and I never
have to use Invocation on the SE.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/UbahNecro/Shot00005.jpg

Smittie
11-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Looks like u recharge with spiritshots on o.O

Isn't that a waste?

KnightOfDarkness
11-22-2008, 07:52 PM
It is only c grade bsps, at level 70+ their cos doesn't affect you much unlike bspsa or in Trensharo's case, bspsa and cursed bones

Mordukai
11-22-2008, 08:50 PM
and also so much easier to just keep shots locked when 2 boxing, so you dont have to activate them to heal if its needed ^^

Gnatalye
11-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Now with a SpS, Trensharo is right. It IS possible to run your SpS out of mana... but the time you spend picking up herbs, the regen you get from herbs, and how far apart mobs are spread out now (on top of the low density), you can do fine in a herb area with 1 SE. Now, if it's a non-herb area, that is a totally different story...

KnightOfDarkness
11-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Now with a SpS, Trensharo is right. It IS possible to run your SpS out of mana... but the time you spend picking up herbs, the regen you get from herbs, and how far apart mobs are spread out now (on top of the low density), you can do fine in a herb area with 1 SE. Now, if it's a non-herb area, that is a totally different story...

Yes in terms of mp regen, from best to worst it is

Spellhowler(clear mind, b2m, best damage to cost ratio, ability to use lowest mp cost nuke)>Necromancer(higher Men, b2m, good d2cr,lowest mp cost nuke)> Sorcerer(clear mind, weak b2m, gd2cr) > Spellsinger(clear mind, highest men, worst d2cr)

Smittie
11-23-2008, 03:39 AM
and also so much easier to just keep shots locked when 2 boxing, so you dont have to activate them to heal if its needed ^^

I just put the bsps use in the heal macro instead o.O

Krissa
11-24-2008, 04:33 AM
It is only c grade bsps, at level 70+ their cos doesn't affect you much unlike bspsa
If you use Homu, the shot load costs are about the same (at least on Phoenix). The lower price of cbsps is "compensated" by the higher amount used per cast (3x compared to 1 absps).

AquaSpark
11-24-2008, 05:18 AM
Personally I think it's a HUGE waste of money.

I can't believe anyone would waste shots like that so I assume it was a missclick.

Trensharo
11-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Looks like u recharge with spiritshots on o.O

Isn't that a waste?

I hate slow cast, SE has the VoS quest so she pays for her own shots.

Personally I think it's a HUGE waste of money.

I can't believe anyone would waste shots like that so I assume it was a missclick.

I waste no Adena doing that. I got over 20 Lifestones and loads of common armor/weapons on top of the mats and adena (when I bother to pick up the Adena, depends on how long I've been leveling there that day).

But yea, I hate he slow casting speed, and as long as the SE is in party she will be paying for her shots and thus using those shots to recharge faster :P

I will use sub to take her to 75+, so that will almost always be the case. She just dinged 70! :)

Krissa, 3x CBSpS is 360a. 1x ABSpS is average 500a. The C Grade weapon much better. I don't think it worth it to get an A Grade weapon and put a Conversion SA on it, either. Seems like a waste of money. All the money I saved keeping her in C/B Grade gear (she been A Grade for like.... 9 months). I don't think burning some cheap shots is that bad :P

Trensharo
11-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes in terms of mp regen, from best to worst it is

Spellhowler(clear mind, b2m, best damage to cost ratio, ability to use lowest mp cost nuke)>Necromancer(higher Men, b2m, good d2cr,lowest mp cost nuke)> Sorcerer(clear mind, weak b2m, gd2cr) > Spellsinger(clear mind, highest men, worst d2cr)

Spellsinger also has the Mana Regeneration buff (like 4 Mana a tick at max level, maybe a decimal in that :P).

Spellsinger > Sorc for Mana regen (all of the Spellsinger's Mana Regen is passive which makes it the most "efficient" Mana Regen time-wise) because Body to Mind 1 will be outclassed by Mana Regeneration on an SPS when both are in frequent combat utilizing /walk mode for clear mind. The only time I use clear mind is when I stand in one spot though (which is not often). I hate slow run speed as much as I hate slow casting speed (all I do is think of complaints when I'm on my Necro, Lol).

SH an Necro can outclass the other two because Death Spike is 19 less MP per cast at max level. That's a huge mana savings over long periods of grinding.

And yea, Gnatayle. I don't think I could **** it if I had to level that class in a non-herb dropping area.

Krissa
11-25-2008, 06:09 AM
But yea, I hate he slow casting speed, and as long as the SE is in party she will be paying for her shots and thus using those shots to recharge faster :P
Shots don't increase reuse speed of skills/spells.

1x ABSpS is average 500a.
420-430 if bought in Giran sellshops, 367 if crafted in craftshops using Spirit Ore with 15% tax in Giran and A crystals from Giran sellshops. On Phoenix.

Eamonn
11-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Heres a question whats a SPS'S damage like wearing NM robes? I'm well aware of the only use DC robes for pvp on a nuker since i've heard it since c2 it's gotten old.

The way i want to set mine up when he gets there ,since he's ng and lvling my wolf, is to go high matk so i'm hitting hard not "super fast but like a feather" so with NM robes having matk it will work with what i wanna do but what weapon do i need also to get a hard hitting SPS?

Before i forget if you get ideas in game on a good hard hitting SPS setup with tats , the NM robes and weapon's SA'S i'm on phoenix so mail me your ideas to Deamhan or you can mail my SPS Hickock and i'll get them, plus i'll read the forums so thanks guys.

Trensharo
11-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Shots don't increase reuse speed of skills/spells.
Shots increase the casting speed of spells, like Recharge. I don't spam recharge, so decreasing the reuse is not a concern.

420-430 if bought in Giran sellshops, 367 if crafted in craftshops using Spirit Ore with 15% tax in Giran and A crystals from Giran sellshops. On Phoenix.

We are not on the same server.

Prices are higher here. In any case, it doesn't matter. I make more than I spend putting shots on that SE.

You don't have to use the shots if you don't want to :) I have about 20M in common items and lifestones in the warehouse if I sell them all at half price. I prolly used 3M to put shots on the SE in 4 levels or so.

Trensharo
11-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Heres a question whats a SPS'S damage like wearing NM robes? I'm well aware of the only use DC robes for pvp on a nuker since i've heard it since c2 it's gotten old.

The way i want to set mine up when he gets there ,since he's ng and lvling my wolf, is to go high matk so i'm hitting hard not "super fast but like a feather" so with NM robes having matk it will work with what i wanna do but what weapon do i need also to get a hard hitting SPS?

Before i forget if you get ideas in game on a good hard hitting SPS setup with tats , the NM robes and weapon's SA'S i'm on phoenix so mail me your ideas to Deamhan or you can mail my SPS Hickock and i'll get them, plus i'll read the forums so thanks guys.

Damage probably close to a Human Nuker in NM Robe Set, but you casting speed will suffer quite a bit.

+5 INT +4 WIT is probably the hardest hitting tat set for an SPS, cause noone will take off +4 WIT for an extra point of INT.

That will probably work for PvE, but, at higher levels; when you PvP you will suffer with that setup if you do not have Arcana Set and/or Stun Resist epics.

Eamonn
11-25-2008, 08:16 PM
It's gonna stay a play for fun toon since if i feel like PvP i have a OL,AW or a Tyrant i can set up for that but i want to try OLY on my OL so PvP wise no biggy on the SPS and thanks Trensharo if i do mess arround in a few yrs at pvp on him it will just be arena to goof off :) and see what kinda damage he does to other players.