PDA

View Full Version : Plains Walker Question?

Corvenus
11-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I am level 53 PW and I love the class. There is a skill named Charm that I have and I dont know what it does. It says it decreases a enemies will to attack so sometimes when something is attacking me I will use it to see if it will make the enemy stop but it never does anything. Whats the purpose of the charm skill?

Smittie
11-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Lets say ur in a party with a tank.

Tank does his usual aggression thing, but you crit a few times too many so you get aggro. You can now use Charm to lessen the aggro you have on you.

But you are better off using switch, since you are a dagger. Charm is a part of the elven fighter skill tree, hence why all elven fighters get it, even the Temple Knight, who really should never need it.

You should stop putting sp on that skill.

Corvenus
11-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Thx for the info but what if I am solo? I cant use switch then so is that were charm comes in?

AshleyHunter
11-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Thx for the info but what if I am solo? I cant use switch then so is that were charm comes in?

Charm is a waste of SP stop using it and all your questions will go away :)

I'm a 77 PW and I never got the skill it was long ago discovered that it is a waste of sp.

PimpMyBow
11-30-2008, 08:53 AM
thats true

Varaya
11-30-2008, 09:25 AM

Charm is like "negative hate". It reduces the aggro a mob has for you, but it cannot completely remove aggro. So, if a mob is already attacking you, you cannot make it stop. The only use for the skill is to make the mob "hate you less" and start attacking somebody else who now has a higher hate value. Like you said, switch does not work (if you are soloing). What DOES work though is Trick. With Trick, you can make a mob stop attacking you. Problem is, though, that plainswalkers do not get that skill as far as I know...

serelina
11-30-2008, 02:33 PM
i'm a TK main...i got charm level 1 just to have the skill and never put anything past that.

i've been playing since the third day of prelude and made the mistake of getting charm on my sws. charm has *always* been useless. anyone who claims differently doesn't look at all the factors or is just arguing just to argue.