PDA

View Full Version : ES Pony Seraphim

exiber
01-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Just got Seraphim skill and not sure how to use her. Seems a good pony for parties but most of her skills seem to be incr or decreased matk, mdef -- not so much real attacks. The one that interests me the most requires Runestones of all things -- I recall those from the Ivory Tower pit, but I am way out of that level now.

Just what are the best tactics for this duo? ES & Seraphim...

mcBuff
01-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Seraphim is a buff pony, so it statues are low and you don't really use it as ur main weapon if you don't need its buff.

Seraphim gets mage buffs (Acumen, Empower, Clarity *Runestones = Spirit Ores* and Wild Magic).

You get three buffs. Two of them are 2 mins, the 3rd one is curing abnormal statues of the party. The 2 mins buffs are Blessing and Gift, one decreases the reuse time of spells and one increase mp regeneration rate.

Gratz on getting 56 :) HF with pwny~ <3

exiber
01-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks. That's helpful. Seraphim is my first summon with so many skills attached, and I usually play solo, so its been hard to make sense of testing them out. I did read elsewhere that runestones=spirit ore. I have kept one newbie alt (dwarf) to port all over free -- my scout for cheap ore or long distance exploration. My fav pony is Boxer for the endless MP and cheap fuel (D crystals are easy to get via my dwarf scout). But recent experience with Merrow has been good too. I split their mp attacks so that neither goes down too far. I don't use the 90% pony much; not that kind of farmer usually, but I recognize the value of that option when seeking a particular drop. I really like my ES; I rerolled her from an EE cuz it was sooo hard fighting/leveling with the EE. The ES is the most well rounded class I think -- heal, buff, fight -- what more do you want?

Trensharo
01-27-2009, 09:24 AM
At what level does the pony get Clarity?

Thumpy
01-27-2009, 09:34 AM
At what level does the pony get Clarity?

I don't remember when i got Clarity on my pony, but i had to get it to level 72 to get Clarity level 2.

Trensharo
01-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Then summonbot it is, for mine.

Blauw
01-27-2009, 12:25 PM
ur ponny can also cure party member's anchor/root at chance

they should get clarity at 56 coz my summon pet got it (could be wrong and i accidently lvled it to 58 orsomething but im pretty sure shes only 56 for summon friend =p)

Trensharo
01-27-2009, 04:17 PM
ur ponny can also cure party member's anchor/root at chance

they should get clarity at 56 coz my summon pet got it (could be wrong and i accidently lvled it to 58 orsomething but im pretty sure shes only 56 for summon friend =p)

We shall see. I have a 57 EE that I'm leveling, but I'd much rather level something that can solo quite well on its own. I'll see when I get it to 56, but I'm not gonna level it above 56 to get this buff when I can abandon it at 56 adn just level the EE which is almost at Clarity 1 level.

Blauw
01-27-2009, 04:33 PM
just checked my summoner is 56

Calaire
01-27-2009, 05:27 PM
What I do is that I summon seraphim buff myself (clarity, acumen, empower and wild magic) and then summon merrow, unless on nuker party... because seraphim cant really do much..

batslav
01-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Seraphim`s p atk is lower but it still hits hard i always use it when in party cause of the less shots consum and to help with mp regen to the ppl in party

the cure skill can remove sleep, hold, paralize, silence and i think atk speed debuff but not sure duno if it work for other things too

Trensharo
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
just checked my summoner is 56

And confirmed to have Clarity 1 on Seraphim?

Calaire
01-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Is not clarity 1 is clarity 3...but since i was high lvl already when buffs were introduce to pony, i am not really sure, if the buff lvl when buy stronger pony.

Blauw
01-28-2009, 05:23 PM
And confirmed to have Clarity 1 on Seraphim?

yes

Xarianna
05-25-2009, 04:42 AM
another question.

i cant find it on the forum here.

I have a Seraphim now, i just turned lvl 56. Does it get better buffs everytime i got a higher lvl Seraphim? Or is it only raising in HP and MP?

Xentheous
05-25-2009, 04:55 AM
Yes the buffs will slowly progress as you level increasing in effect. So one level you may go Clarity 2, Cure of Seraphim 2 next may get Empower 3, Blessing of Seraphim

Xarianna
05-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Thank you :D

pretty cool then, i can imagine that mage classes like me having around in their party now.

AquaSpark
05-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Get people/ your friends to know that your pony can cure Stun. (A lot don't realize the pony can do that.)

It's Seraphim's best feature in the 55 to 75 area. There are quite a few good hunting places like Antharas Lair that have stun mobs. People will appreciate.

Xarianna
05-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Get people/ your friends to know that your pony can cure Stun. (A lot don't realize the pony can do that.)

It's Seraphim's best feature in the 55 to 75 area. There are quite a few good hunting places like Antharas Lair that have stun mobs. People will appreciate.

Yes, a spell howler in our clan likes me already :D she is lvl 62 and dont get noob buffs anymore.. i can give acumen and empower.

Smardoaik
05-26-2009, 05:49 AM
The Seraphim+Boxer thing is usefull even at high lvl i am at 79 (and Magnus is such an MP W**RE, even if i have a clarity pasive augment but probably coz i never do singletarget kill always aoe mobs),after a buffround i always get the Boxer out and recharge myself to full then i get the Seraphim to buff me and my se acumen and clarity.

Rarity
06-13-2009, 04:09 AM
Hello fellow summoners!

I figured I'd ask a few questions as well relating to the topic above. The only summoner I see on my server is well myself so I haven't been able to corner a high level summoner and perform a vulcan mind meld on them!

Questions:

1. Level 56 seraphim pony... I've read in this thread that they get a whole bunch of skills. Does the 56 pony get the full skill set up front? or do they get added as you train the higher pony? Kinda like asking if the skills are standard or "sold separately" when buying a car.

2. Next question I have is the application of the skills on group members from the pony. Do these buffs go on party members automatically or do I have to drag the skills to my hot bar and spam them when the buffs run out and re-apply them to my group?

3. As I've read here, I understand this pink pony is for group situations only. How viable is it to use serephim while soloing? How would you go about that exactly? (presently I use good old Merrow because of the aoe I can use on multipled-bunched up mobs)

Sorry for my extreme level of noobness...
I thank you in advance for any feedback to my questions.

==Rarity:rolleyes:

mcBuff
06-13-2009, 05:18 AM
1. Level 56 seraphim pony... I've read in this thread that they get a whole bunch of skills. Does the 56 pony get the full skill set up front? or do they get added as you train the higher pony? Kinda like asking if the skills are standard or "sold separately" when buying a car.

I don't exactly remember when you get what skills at which level, but yes the buffs (acumen, clarity, empower, wild magic) increases in effect as you level (learn) a higher level pony.

2. Next question I have is the application of the skills on group members from the pony. Do these buffs go on party members automatically or do I have to drag the skills to my hot bar and spam them when the buffs run out and re-apply them to my group?

You have to click the buff (group one) every 2mins, unless you have it on macro. The single target buffs are 20mins and you have to target either a pc or npc to give them out. You don't need to put the skills on the hot bar, you can click them from the servitor menu if you want.

3. How viable is it to use serephim while soloing? How would you go about that exactly?

Not viable at all. It's like a mage trying to melee mobs :p

Read above

Smittie
06-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Read above=In between your questions, in a slightly altered font color, is her answers to your questions.

I would add that if a melee party wants your seraphim buffs, you can get away with meleeing with it, it uses less shots than the other servitors, but also has less patk.

Rarity
06-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Ty so much for your answers to my questions. :) you all rock!

--Rarity:D:)

SamanthaSmith
07-12-2009, 05:18 AM
My seraphim has about 150 less pattack than merrow (both +1) You get acu3 emp 2 and clarity 1 i believe at 56. At 58 it gains emp 3 and after u get either 62 or 64 (i forget) gets wm1. At 74 all your buffs will be maxed out. In parties the dmg difference between merrow and seraph is negligible when you consider the buffs (clarity ftw) and the aid in mp management for the whole party. (btw lvl 3 party buffs do the following: 1 does 30% faster magic skill recharge, and the other is +20% mp regen)