PDA

View Full Version : Ellemental Summonerr

DAmarok
08-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Hello everyone.
I'm an Elemental Summoner and i want to know what ''SET'' i need to craft.
Blue Wolf Light Set , Because is a Light Set and give me casting Speed //
Dark Crystal Robe Set //
Majestic Robe Set //
And Some tips about the class please .
Thank you .

Trensharo
08-03-2009, 10:06 AM
From No Grade to S80

N: Devotion Set
D: Knowledge Set
C: Karmian Set
B: BW or Avadon Robe Set
A: Tallum, DC, or Majestic Robe Set
S: Arcana Robe Set (and keep A Grade Set)
S80: Dynasty Robe Set

Would not bother with Light Armor.

My tip is to just play the class. You have no choice but to learn, and when you have a more specific question (or tip request) you can post the question here (and get a more specific answer).

Laby
08-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Personally I'll keep Devotion until lvl 40, Cast Speed is too good :p

Majestic set seems pretty useless for me. If I need Mp during xp, it's because I'm not xp-ing as I must. So I change my way to xp and I don't need ^^

Or use a Tallum Robe set with +4 MEN Dyes as I do ^^

Trensharo
08-04-2009, 02:03 AM
If you don't need MP during XP, you're probably leveling in some uber-easy place (or have rediculous support).

An AoEing ES needs mana, as does one who levels in places of adequate difficulty (i.e. places that won't bore you to death with monotany, Lol).

I much prefer majestic on support-type toons. It is more universally useful than Tallum or DC.

Top A Grade P.Def, MP, Stun Resist, MP Regen, Casting Speed, Fame PvP Enhancement, etc.

It's an extremely balanced set.

Laby
08-04-2009, 07:38 AM
The fact is I haven't AoE since My 63 Level. There is no good place for AoE at 7X since they changed Silent Valley

At level 74 I'm xp-ing with only my Buffs for the Unicorn (i.e Shield, MShield, Haste,Empo,Might 1) at Ketra or Hotsprings, Even in Silent Valley with my Tallum Set and I've no problem of Mp ^^
Yes this places drop Herbs, but it's not forbidden to pick up them :P

Tiffy
08-04-2009, 09:06 AM
From No Grade to S80

N: Devotion Set
D: Knowledge Set
C: Karmian Set
B: BW or Avadon Robe Set
A: Tallum, DC, or Majestic Robe Set
S: Arcana Robe Set (and keep A Grade Set)
S80: Dynasty Robe Set

Would not bother with Light Armor.

My tip is to just play the class. You have no choice but to learn, and when you have a more specific question (or tip request) you can post the question here (and get a more specific answer).

Just wondering if you said Karmian set for CG, because of the casting speed?

If I've got a Homu sword with acumen on it, wouldn't it be better for me to get Divine set for the extra MP? & +2 WIT?

Krissa
08-04-2009, 09:23 AM
If I've got a Homu sword with acumen on it, wouldn't it be better for me to get Divine set for the extra MP? & +2 WIT?
If you need extra MP in C-grade, just call Boxer. Of course, if you can afford it.

Tiffy
08-04-2009, 09:48 AM
If you need extra MP in C-grade, just call Boxer. Of course, if you can afford it.

So, you're saying it's not worth the little boost of MP, compared to the extra casting speed I would be giving up if not wearing Karmian....

Krissa
08-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Not worth for ES soloing as nuker (which is the fastest way in C-grade). A summoner grinding as a summoner in C-grade with newbie buffs (including VR on summon) can wear whatever they want (even PL set will work as good - or as bad, depending on your spot).

DAmarok
08-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Mana isn't a problem to me Yet , but im lvl 60 too , (I do not know if I'll have problems after with that).
My Support is Newbie Guild And Herbs .
I ExP in moobs with White / Green Color.
And when I reach a level higher , into a party , If I have a dual of swords and a light set , could help with damage? Or take the role of Healer ?

Thanks.

Blauw
08-04-2009, 10:45 AM
bw light is not too bad on an es

Tiffy
08-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Not worth for ES soloing as nuker (which is the fastest way in C-grade). A summoner grinding as a summoner in C-grade with newbie buffs (including VR on summon) can wear whatever they want (even PL set will work as good - or as bad, depending on your spot).

I'm not sure if that answered my question!!! Lol

As an ES, I will be in the play style of healer to my servitor (pony as DD)

I was thinking more on the "healer" side of things, by maybe using Divine instead of Karmian, to gain that extra boost of MP?

Laby
08-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I think the best way to up in C grade is Nuker+ Merrow . You send merrow killing mob when you are nuking others, it's really fast to up 44 or even 48 by this way.

At higher level, your pet will have around 2k PAtk self buffed, so the combo light+dual is really ineffective I think. You'll need to heal it unless you have a support who gives VR

Tiffy
08-04-2009, 01:14 PM
So if I did play as a "nuker" with Merrow, I would be best to go with the Demon set for the extra M Attk?

I'm not planning on using light armour, only robes & my ponies! ;p

Laby
08-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I still think Karmian set is better, you'll have some Cast Speed to heal the pet is there is a Bad Aggro
And your cast speed with Karmia + Acu Wpn is enough to get rid of Bsps C :p

Krissa
08-05-2009, 01:53 AM
As an ES, I will be in the play style of healer to my servitor (pony as DD)

I was thinking more on the "healer" side of things, by maybe using Divine instead of Karmian, to gain that extra boost of MP?
The newbie buffer in town has VR buff for your servitor. Use it reasonably, and you won't run out of MP in any armor (unless you grind on group mobs, but then "that extra boost of MP" doesn't matter, because group mobs don't drop herbs).

Karmian, because your nukes are still potent, and very often you better just kill the add-ons instead of healing their damage to your pony.

Trensharo
08-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Just wondering if you said Karmian set for CG, because of the casting speed?

Divine gives +1 WIT and MP.

I'm not a fan of Divine, because you skill set (like Heals) is still low level in C Grade. I prefer the casting speed of Karmian.

Trensharo
08-05-2009, 07:52 AM
The fact is I haven't AoE since My 63 Level. There is no good place for AoE at 7X since they changed Silent Valley

At level 74 I'm xp-ing with only my Buffs for the Unicorn (i.e Shield, MShield, Haste,Empo,Might 1) at Ketra or Hotsprings, Even in Silent Valley with my Tallum Set and I've no problem of Mp ^^
Yes this places drop Herbs, but it's not forbidden to pick up them :P
I already said that if all you do is PvE in trivial areas the DC/Tallum is fine.

No, you won't have MP in an herb dropping area that you can tank easily with Transfer Pain 5 and Herbs for heals.

The easy areas of Ketra are just that, easy.

You can AoE by pulling multiple MOBs in a field and killing them with nukes. You only AoE if the MOBs come together? A little effort never hurts. I AoE'd entire fields in Valley of Saints on ES in 6x easily. It was faster than single-targetting them, too.

I did it in Avadon, so the Casting Speed was never a problem. The MP Drain from healing and recharging the servitor, however, was.

Laby
08-05-2009, 09:09 AM
I think you missunderstood me, I was talking about the lack of Aoe place at 7X. The AoE of Merrow become pretty useless : Low Damages, Long Re-use

I tried Ketra but I'm faster with One by One Mobs. I tried Stakato but at this place I have difficulties to manage the aggro because mobs are linked. I tried Catacombs, hugh gf Aoeing en x4 HP mobs

What do you mean by non trivial Area ?

Btw at lvl 6X, Aoe at Abg is really nice with holy weapon and Acumen ^^

mcBuff
08-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Holy weapon doesn't help with a water based nuke o:

Trensharo
08-06-2009, 02:35 AM
I think you missunderstood me, I was talking about the lack of Aoe place at 7X.
I said to think outside of the box.

AoE to you is 1/2 HP Group MOBs that you can 2 shot with a Merrow that has nothing but Bright Servitor.

Sorry, I assume people at least have basic buffs for their pony. Basic buffs encompasses more than the lolbuffs that Summoners get for their summons.

Laby
08-06-2009, 06:56 AM
At level 74 I'm xp-ing with only my Buffs for the Unicorn (i.e Shield, MShield, Haste,Empo,Might 1)

I said it before, I don't have any buffpet I own myself

And I'm sure it's faster to xp melee when you have more buffs, especially with places like SoS and SV

Trensharo
08-07-2009, 06:12 AM
You can solo Swamp of screams with self-buffs.

If you cannot solo Silent Valley with the mechanics in that area, you simply fail at playing your class and this game.

Zanha
08-07-2009, 10:11 AM
You can solo Swamp of screams with self-buffs.

If you cannot solo Silent Valley with the mechanics in that area, you simply fail at playing your class and this game.

Silent Valley is not an aoe spot anymore, and the mobs go straight after the summoner. I'm a warlock and not a ES but I know it's tricky to solo there. It can be done but you really should have at least some common light armor.

Krissa
08-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Silent Valley is not an aoe spot anymore, and the mobs go straight after the summoner.
Should actually be good for ES AoE if done right. If there are no stunners, of course.

Smittie
08-07-2009, 01:47 PM
The mobs have very high mdef, is that benificial or not to a nuking pony, while kiting around mobs with extremely strong patk?

Could you perhaps post a replay displaying how to do it "right"?

Trensharo
08-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Silent Valley is not an aoe spot anymore, and the mobs go straight after the summoner. I'm a warlock and not a ES but I know it's tricky to solo there. It can be done but you really should have at least some common light armor.
You have Transfer Pain 5, and you don't need to heal you pony. ES has Life Cubic, and Wind Shackle.

I don't see how it is so difficult. I can kill them on Necro with Reanimated man doing nothing but tanking them (i.e. no nukes, they drop HP herbs quite a bit as well as MP Herbs). I don't see how a summoner would have issues. I know a couple who XP there.

Silent Valley is easy-mode for Summoners. The mechanics there make it a very relaxing place to XP, especially when you consider most of the MOBs being non-agro and anti-social.

You don't AoE there (unless you have Magnus and 150 Water Mace). I don't know why you would assume that I meant AoEing with a Merrow. I'm quite aware of the latest changes.

You don't need Light Armor.

Laby
08-07-2009, 09:12 PM

First of All, I don't think I've ever said I could not solo at Silent Valley. I did it, I'll do it again because the Xp at this place is really awesome but Solo it's hard (it work perfectly with a BD or a WC btw)

Secondly, I don't know how I must consider that a lvl 4X Summoner on Sub say to me I don't know how to play my class and the game.
Yes TP transfer 50% Dommages. Yes I have a Life Cubic. Yes I have Windshackle but :

-Considering that cubic heal around 300 Hp each 30sec, I think I've enough time to die
-Monster are Extremly Strong M.Def, so it's easy to say "You got Wind Shackle, use it" but gl to debuff monsters. I tried it and I concluded it's a waste of Mp and it's better for me to save them to heal myself/pony which receive damages from Transfer Pain. Because if the pony is not fully heal, the Life Cubic will heal her, not me -> Good Fight

So Yes I must heal my pony. I didn't speak about herbs, but at this place I don't really expect to get herb of mana easily

Trensharo
08-11-2009, 03:41 AM
Fail more at reading...

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/UbahNecro/ESScreen.jpg

I debuff monsters on OL which cannot get +INT there with little to no resists. You should not have any trouble debuffing them on an ES. I can Wind Shackle them on a 70 ES with no INT Tatoo and Tallum Robes (2 More INT than my OL in NM Robes, BTW). Why can't you Wind Shackle them on a 74? Have you actually tried it? I'm thinking NOT...

The M.Def affects damage more than it affects landrate on high BLR debuffs like Wind Shackle, and it's not like you'll have MP Problems if you have to cast it twice. It should be Wind Shackled before it even gets to you... Duh?

You have Battle Heal, and Herbs of Life drop there like candy. That's the obvious point that I made, which you so obviously missed.

P.S. I haven't changed the [deleted] subs in my signature in about 4 months. That's a great source of information!!!

While you're obsessing over my deleted sub, I'm wondering why I should pay any attention to a re-re who talks about how good AoE in ABG is with Holy Weapon on a Merrow... Pr0! Why would I talk about AoEing VoS at 6x if all I had was a 4x ES "sub"?

Tiffy
08-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Sorry, this is a question steered a little away from the last few posts BUT...

Tren, why you got +DEX tat?

Isn't ES tats normally (+INT/+WIT/+CON)/??

Just curious, I've only got a level 40 ES, so far! ;p

Nuku
08-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Same here Tiff :P
I should have named it NukusMuffin or so tho :/

Tiffy
08-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Same here Tiff :P
I should have named it NukusMuffin or so tho :/

Ya, I should of been a bit more creative with my characters name too :(

How do you like your ES? :p

I love mine, I love her more then my main (which is very bad) LOL

Blauw
08-11-2009, 09:22 AM
u rlly dont need the +int on a summoner

Maggie
08-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I even have -int +wit (kept the men) on my ES. Unless they have a nuke augment and need to be competitive in pvp/oly, int is not really needed.

Tiffy
08-11-2009, 12:03 PM
I even have -int +wit (kept the men) on my ES. Unless they have a nuke augment and need to be competitive in pvp/oly, int is not really needed.

I know this is probably already mentioned somewhere else, I apologize!

I believe ES tats are based on playing style. Basically I'm going to be a healer/back up DD in CG for my servitor!

Should I get +4INT (since I'm using Karmian & Homu) +4WIT & +4CON?

I read in here that 40 nukes are decent up to 50!

However, I was at a siege this weekend & grouped with an ES & he mentioned that at 40 the nukes are really sucky & he used a DS, which helped him kill faster & exp faster! Anyone else do it this way?

Someone else mentioned that a lot of ES use duals?!?

Blauw
08-11-2009, 02:18 PM
its not like u do insane dmg with ur +int or heal for crazy lot amount

Tiffy
08-11-2009, 02:53 PM
its not like u do insane dmg with ur +int or heal for crazy lot amount

True..

However, some are saying to use Homu & Demon set, because at 40 the nukes are still decent!

Yet the ES I spoke with on the seige grounds, said NO the nukes at 40 really suck & aren't worth using anymore & recommended a DS along side the Merrow!

A clan member mentioned yesterday, that a lot of ES use duals...

See, I'm just a bit confused on which way to go! However, based on my playing style, I don't really want to use a melee weapon & fight along side my unicorn that way, I would rather prefer to use my homu & fire off 1 nuke well my Merrow does most of the damage!

Which means I'm either in Demon (for the extra m attk) or Karmian for the casting speed, with my Homu!

Which tats are best suited for that playing style?

Blauw
08-11-2009, 05:59 PM
most ppl say nuke becoz b4 u didnt get newbie buffs for ur summon now u do.
so u can go either way rlly go nuke ur way to 52 or fight along side ur summon with newbie buffs

my ES has same tats as tren cept i went -int +wit. Debuffs land fine with it and for pvp well that toon doesnt and just dies xD

Maggie
08-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I would say if it's x1 hp mobs, you can nuke one mob and the pony attacks another mob. For x3/4 hp mobs (such as in necro/cata or cruma), you can assist the pony and nuke some mobs that doesn't have strong mdef now and then for faster kill if you want or just to control the spawn a bit better.

Karmian and homu will be better, since you can keep using that in your b+ grade XD

Celestas
08-12-2009, 12:11 AM
True..

However, some are saying to use Homu & Demon set, because at 40 the nukes are still decent!

Yet the ES I spoke with on the seige grounds, said NO the nukes at 40 really suck & aren't worth using anymore & recommended a DS along side the Merrow!

A clan member mentioned yesterday, that a lot of ES use duals...

See, I'm just a bit confused on which way to go! However, based on my playing style, I don't really want to use a melee weapon & fight along side my unicorn that way, I would rather prefer to use my homu & fire off 1 nuke well my Merrow does most of the damage!

Which means I'm either in Demon (for the extra m attk) or Karmian for the casting speed, with my Homu!

Which tats are best suited for that playing style?

i assume u have no $$$$$ problem...so here's wat i did in the past.

lvl 40 ~ 56 (A)

Weapon - +10 Homun/Acu SA.
Armour - Kamian Robe set
Dyes - +4INT-4 MEN, +4WIT-4MEN & +4Con-4Str

56~61 (B)

Weapon - +10 Homun/Acu SA
Armour - Kamian Robe set
Dyes - +4Wit-4INT, +4Men-4INT, +4Con-4Str

61~75 (C)

Weapon - +3SOM/Acu SA
Armour - Tallum Robe Set

76~79 (D)

Weapon - +3AM/Acu SA
Armour - Arcana Robe set

(A) Dragon Valley - Skeletons, Shackles. Nuke, recharge using boxer then unsummon, nuke again. Possible to nuke till 56 here.

Tanor Canyons (Recommended lvl with merrow is lvl 48) - Send in the merrow 1st without attacking. So that only the boss mob attacks the merrow. Merrow AOE. u then use Flame Strike. Yes thats wat i did. with Flame Strike and a +10 Homun...the flame strike does abt 350 dmg to the 1/2 group mobs. So Merrow does 1 aoe, u do Flame strike.

Skyshadow Meadows (recommended lvl with merrow is lvl 50) - Connabis grp. Right outside oren. Just use merrow to melee.

Personal preference.. Dragon valley. bcuz i can overhit using solar spark.

(B) By now ur spells will fail or u'll hit for very little dmg. This is where u shld start using ur Merrow. Note the change in DYE setup.

Skyshadow Meadows - if you have tested the connabis grp, the rest of the grp mobs here are almost the same. Except...

Pobby main grp boss will do stun (Recommended lvl is 54+), so does Innersen grp (recommended lvl is 58)

I stayed here till i hit 61.

(C) 61 ~ 75 - FOD. Pick up the 2 repeatable quests for $$$ & exp. Whether u wanna change ur weapon to SOM is totally up to u. If u r thinking abt weight for the C shots...yes A shots is way better. If u have tallum robe set, u shld not have to worry abt the mobs bleeding/poisoning u, so u only have to concentrate on removing those debuffs on ur Merrow. Melee ur way to 75.

Reason y i changed to Tallum robe set is bcuz of the 80% resist to bleed/poison. I dont care abt the - INT bcuz my nuke dont really work now except the Solar Spark still hits for...300~350 dmg (depending on wat mob).

I didnt bother with aoe since i left skyshadow meadows.

(D) 76 ~ 79 - Ketra/Mos (but MOS has changed now)

Somewhere around lvl 77~78, i oe'ed my Merrow to +5.

So, my playstyle is..EM has best defense/hp/cp. Let the pony do the rest.

Hoped this info helps.

Tiffy
08-12-2009, 06:46 AM
This does help very much. Thank you ;p

Nuku
08-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Ya, I should of been a bit more creative with my characters name too :(

How do you like your ES? :p

I love mine, I love her more then my main (which is very bad) LOL

was just teasing with the Muffin ;)

but yeah ES is a nice class, i'm lvling one for the summon friend thingy.

Tiffy
08-14-2009, 06:57 AM
[QUOTE=Nuku;2924453]was just teasing with the Muffin ;)QUOTE]

Well I knew that ;)

Honestly I like that name! LOL