PDA

View Full Version : Summoner Question (a bit different than others?)

FromNowhere
11-27-2009, 11:29 PM
All right. I have a ES sub, 4x this week =p (45 right now)

I have a 74 PP and a 78 SE, so PoW and Stigma, zerk and resists.

I plan to use a dagger w/o SS for leveling (have common ones lined up) - yes, live.

I don't know why but I'm really into wearing light armor vs robes whenever I have the mastery (main is MM).

I have right now +6 PL set, but nothing greater, like BW or w/e -including robes - until Sg.

1. I don't see anyone else using light armor ever, so I'm assuming the mp/cast spd will save your (summon's) more often than a few more pdef? Dps adavantage is set bonus dependent I guess...

2. With PoW and stigma I don't imagine I'll be needing more dps (using SS on summoner) until... hmm SV to make use of VR, if SV is okay for 7x summoner given buffs. Dunno. Maybe TOI @6x or SoS? Might as well ask two questions. Thanks guys.

3. Oh three, is 79 summon water attribute? Kinda the reason I'm going ES vs... anything else that could use a water AM / same gear.

KuroBear
11-28-2009, 04:11 AM
Still using light armor and it has served me well.. I have never stayed in XP places that over demanded my healing or quick healing so having a slower cast speed has never been an issue.

However, with an ES, casting is more important I imagine therefor when you get higher there might be a greater advantage to being in robes.

Whilst many will disagree, I have until S-grade fought along side my summons even though it helped only a little as I believed it was better than doing nothing and over time did make a difference.

Mega_Chips
11-28-2009, 06:48 AM
1. I don't see anyone else using light armor ever, so I'm assuming the mp/cast spd will save your (summon's) more often than a few more pdef? Dps adavantage is set bonus dependent I guess...
Until 52 your nukes are quite powerful, so you may continue with them.
After, if you are full buffed, your damage isn't near of the summon's. So do the best for help him (casting debuff or trying to overhit last hit to get xp bonus). I used duals just to have something to do while watch him killing mobs, and to trigger cubic, too :P . I always used robes, because in a emergency c spd may save you.

2. With PoW and stigma I don't imagine I'll be needing more dps (using SS on summoner) until... hmm SV to make use of VR, if SV is okay for 7x summoner given buffs. Dunno. Maybe TOI @6x or SoS? Might as well ask two questions. Thanks guys.

If you xp where there is herbs, you will need no more. Since 6x to early 7x I xped at FotD, sometimes with CH buffs, others with my own. No problem at all.

3. Oh three, is 79 summon water attribute? Kinda the reason I'm going ES vs... anything else that could use a water AM / same gear.
It have both water and stun skills, so you will get bonus on the first one.