PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering for a TK?

Salerah
12-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Besides a WC what support would be nice for a TK just speed things up ?:confused:

Salerah
12-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Dont need to get to into detail; just need a small overview..?

Salerah
12-25-2009, 09:17 AM
nvm (: gonna use a EE (:

Keleka
12-25-2009, 10:13 AM
simple do wolf with WC/EE just make sure to take haste 2 pots with EE setup.

Solo leveling so +5 STR

group balanced stat's with HP weapon

Have fun and good luck this toon is cake to level IMO

Salerah
12-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Yep haste pots all the way (: . And how are the so simple to lvl?? o-o

Chia
12-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Wear **** armour, then you can stare at it a lot without getting bored.

Smittie
12-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Besides a WC what support would be nice for a TK just speed things up ?:confused:

Bladedancer always speeds things up.

Salerah
12-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Well of course remember I use to play one b4.. (: But yeah im 100% taking your advice

Chia
12-26-2009, 02:34 AM
It's the only way to level characters in Lineage II. If you get bored staring at it, you won't level it.

Salerah
12-26-2009, 06:04 AM
Yep. Its why you have not quit yet :P

Keleka
12-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Yep haste pots all the way (: . And how are the so simple to lvl?? o-o

There are simple to level with a wolf. The setup is if the wolf is equal level +or - 6 levels is good, but within 20 +or- is not bad either. You can also add in Smittie’s idea with the BD and do more than just speed it up, but destroy mobs. With that kind of setup TK/BD/WC or EE and wolf you’ll have everything you need for a small exp group just about anywhere outside of aoe. Also with BD you can eat up holy weak mobs for lunch light/holy weapon.

I personally think an EM with the TK and wolf with EE buffer on haste 2 pots would be **** death proof setup add SPS and round them up. Anyway won’t really need a wolf if you have that setup and in the right place.

I can go on about setups and whatever, but overall they are easy once you find your grove and know your place.
Ps: sorry for typo’s :D

Salerah
12-27-2009, 07:04 AM
There are simple to level with a wolf. The setup is if the wolf is equal level +or - 6 levels is good, but within 20 +or- is not bad either. You can also add in Smittieís idea with the BD and do more than just speed it up, but destroy mobs. With that kind of setup TK/BD/WC or EE and wolf youíll have everything you need for a small exp group just about anywhere outside of aoe. Also with BD you can eat up holy weak mobs for lunch light/holy weapon.

I personally think an EM with the TK and wolf with EE buffer on haste 2 pots would be **** death proof setup add SPS and round them up. Anyway wonít really need a wolf if you have that setup and in the right place.

I can go on about setups and whatever, but overall they are easy once you find your grove and know your place.
Ps: sorry for typoís :D
Yeah I can see where your coming from and yeah its true.. but **** im already 36 so what to do to get the wolf o-o??

and I had a 74 TK but it was when I had cash for accounts lol. had a TK/BD/WC party going was pretty nice. but i only have 2 accs now so =/

Smittie
12-27-2009, 09:52 AM
If you are only gonna play 2 accounts, go TK and WC (well if you are hellbent on playing tk, any class is better for 2 box lol).

Have the WC help you hit too.

Keleka
12-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah I can see where your coming from and yeah its true.. but **** im already 36 so what to do to get the wolf o-o??

and I had a 74 TK but it was when I had cash for accounts lol. had a TK/BD/WC party going was pretty nice. but i only have 2 accs now so =/

Get wolf in quest from Gludin this will be a low level 15 wolf. This might be a bit difficult but still doable @ level 36. I think best place level it and you will be inside hereticís just take it slow till your wolf gets an equal level to you. Also once C grade think about getting a blessed body staff and load it on the warcryer/elven elder. I think elder would be a good option for a buffer although making an automatic buff macro might be a bit more tedious, but once again doable. Overall your wolf will be your friend/damage dealer forever, it will help raise your main, subís, and support. Once the wolf is high enough and with good gear it is all possible. Just keep in mind this is just a way to get anytime exp when you canít make a group.

Anyway good luck and have fun.

Galendal
12-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Newbie buffs now last to 76. So the WC will not be as useful to you as a BD would be, at least to 76. The BD with a wolf could actually plvl your TK:)
Also after 76 and elemented weapons the wolf is not worth the xp he takes, even for a low dps class as the TK. If after 77 you can't find a party with a TK and a BD, then what can I say....

But on the road to 76, according to the area you choose to xp, it will help you get to 76 faster. However for example in FoD the wolf is of no use, as it dies very often and mobs die quickly anyway, so no need to share xp with the wolf. If you find better xp and it means mobs need more beating, then the wolf will make your xp faster.

Keleka
12-27-2009, 05:20 PM
noobie buffs do not buff wolf + like you said only till 76. Also why use a BD to level up a TK so when hit high level you have no clue how to play it ?

FOTD is ok with = level wolf just put cure's on it. Another idea is cata it works fine points is TK is not weak like it's being implied here. You should be leveling the supports not the other way around. I am simply just giving a anytime exp idea till you make a group.

But highly recommend ET/EE or WC for a decent group.

Anyway since your 36ish like already metioned wolf + tank +wc/ee is the way to go
Noobie buffs are good but they are nothing you can't get from a stick or WC/EE.
Only thing is nice to have is VR4 which WC get around 64 or 66.

Either way I can't tell you to exp the same way I have with success that was only for me and it work and still works. I can farm the new spots with this same setup and without shots but what is easy for me might be easy for others if they think the have a gimp class :D

Anyway once again sorry for typo's :D but you get the idea I hope GL and HF

Salerah
12-27-2009, 07:41 PM
noobie buffs do not buff wolf + like you said only till 76. Also why use a BD to level up a TK so when hit high level you have no clue how to play it ?

FOTD is ok with = level wolf just put cure's on it. Another idea is cata it works fine points is TK is not weak like it's being implied here. You should be leveling the supports not the other way around. I am simply just giving a anytime exp idea till you make a group.

But highly recommend ET/EE or WC for a decent group.

Anyway since your 36ish like already metioned wolf + tank +wc/ee is the way to go
Noobie buffs are good but they are nothing you can't get from a stick or WC/EE.
Only thing is nice to have is VR4 which WC get around 64 or 66.

Either way I can't tell you to exp the same way I have with success that was only for me and it work and still works. I can farm the new spots with this same setup and without shots but what is easy for me might be easy for others if they think the have a gimp class :D

Anyway once again sorry for typo's :D but you get the idea I hope GL and HF
Yeah its one reason I dont want to raise up a BD lol. I have experience w/ a EE and a TK from previous pservers but never had a chance to play em on retail so yeahhh (:

Galendal
12-28-2009, 03:22 AM
First off cata is by far the worst xp in the game, especially for a low dps class like the TK. Catas are good for aoe, and they can be decent for a small party with good debuffs (SE, BD, DD). But in general xp in catas is very bad. It is not only the xp/hp ratio which is very low, it is also the fact that mobs there usually have higher pdef than mobs in open areas, so they take less dmge.

FotD which is one of the best xp areas for late 60s to 77 lvl (maybe the best solo area) has bleed and poison, which can't be cured by pots, so few classes can solo there, the TK being one of them, due to his cure skills and life cubic (and 360 defence comes handy there). But the TK can't cure the wolf, so the wolf dies very often either from the nukers, or from bleed/poison attacks.
The wolf after lvl 55, takes away around 40-50% of your xp. So in order for the wolf to be worth the xp it takes, it should be able to make your killing at least 100% faster, I would say that the wolf needs to be dealing about 70% of the duo damage the TK the other 30% for it to be a great combination. I raised a wolf myself, which is lvl 73 now, but I have not used it for a long time.

As I said it all depends on the area you choose to xp. In a cata the wolf will be dealing much more dmge, but as I said, cata is very bad xp. In open area, in some cases it will be useful, in some others, it would be the same (faster killing, but shared xp+more running around to find mobs)

Also I think the wolf gets newbie buffs now, like all summons, not sure though, will have to check with sub.

Smittie
12-28-2009, 05:38 AM
Also I think the wolf gets newbie buffs now, like all summons, not sure though, will have to check with sub.

No.

Nuku
12-28-2009, 10:05 AM

Unless your TK is a male elf..., oh wait, there are no male elves in L2, nvm

Xentheous
12-28-2009, 11:21 AM
TK can't cure the wolf, so the wolf dies very often either from the nukers, or from bleed/poison attacks.

shouldnt die from poison / bleed attacks just put the potions into its inventory and link them to your hot bar and put the debuff selection on the wolf up so you can see if he gets poisoned/bleed. Works for hp pots aswell even though they light hp pots are small they help regen a bit faster on the wolf

Krissa
12-28-2009, 01:00 PM
First off cata is by far the worst xp in the game, especially for a low dps class like the TK. Catas are good for aoe,
Pull a room or two with Aggression... and then pole them as every other fighter class does?

UpiryGirl
12-28-2009, 01:02 PM
It's the only way to level characters in Lineage II. If you get bored staring at it, you won't level it.

Why did no one tell me this before?! No wonder I'm always bored. I should have rolled a male orc fighter! Curses!

If you're on Bartz, I have a lvl 30 (or 31, cant remember) wolf I could sell you.

OR

Pull together a raid party and spend a few hours hopping around lvl 30ish raidbosses. You can get a wolf to 30 in a few bosses. (I helped a friend over the weekend do some late 20 bosses and wolf went from 15 to 30-31 pretty easily. Just parked him off to the side and let him leach some xp)

Chia
12-28-2009, 03:25 PM
To hell with using pets to xp imo.

Xentheous
12-28-2009, 03:34 PM
heck no with two good wolves you can two box up to level 62 in kamas ^^

Salerah
12-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Because there ugly

Salerah
12-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys for all the feedback ^^

Chia
12-28-2009, 07:12 PM
You should see my SK now Salarah. It's standing in the middle of Primeval Isle, logged out, with birthday buff, 10 revita pops, and will probably never be played again.

Salerah
12-29-2009, 03:29 AM
You should see my SK now Salarah. It's standing in the middle of Primeval Isle, logged out, with birthday buff, 10 revita pops, and will probably never be played again.
Well that kinda fails (: Oh well your Eva's Saint is pretty legit :D

Galendal
12-31-2009, 05:05 AM
To Xentheous:
Poison and bleed in FotD (I am referring to the rock, with vamps etc) is not curable with pots....

To Krissa:
I tried poling with my TK at lower lvls but it was not possible. I don't know if I could do better with an elemented pole, but my try in the late 60s, early 70s was a disaster. The TK deals so low dmge, that the mobs take a long time to die and the healer is out of mp very quickly.

Maybe now with vanguard buff and after lvl 76 with a 150 element pole, poling in FoG, not in cata things could be better. But poling in a cata with a TK pre 76 is a nightmare. Except if you have a full support party (SwS, BD, warlock etc), at which case it is doable, but few people have so many toons and can handle them all at the same time.

To all others:
Male Elves are ****, you are just jealous.....

Krissa
12-31-2009, 07:14 AM
Theoretically, on small amount of mobs (9 or less) with correct pulling a TK should have about the same (if not better due to higher Dex and maybe Vanguard) DPS as a dorf. Of course you cannot pull and kill the whole ABG, but switching between 2 big room in cata should be fine.

__Terry__
12-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Poleing alone for a tk stops at lvl 4x. After that is just a waste of time and lots of chance to pop UD amd get death penalties.

Salerah
01-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Poleing alone for a tk stops at lvl 4x. After that is just a waste of time and lots of chance to pop UD amd get death penalties.
I agree poling really isn't worth it on a TK :x

Vespertinus
01-03-2010, 03:02 AM

Tsk, tsk - Don't be so rude. :D

5 days ago I started this game as elven fighter - chose the path of the elven knight and now I'm (the mighty) Temple knight.

I just love this class.. Maybe it has lack on attack power- but it's hard to get killed too!

Maybe I haven't yet experienced the boriness of this class.. But I think this class need "special" spirit that can keeps you going on.

Galendal
01-04-2010, 03:43 AM
Theoretically, on small amount of mobs (9 or less)
My tries with anything above 4 mobs was disasterous. The dps of the TK is so low and the dmge it receives is so high, that you need 2 healers oop to finish such a job and then it is still not worth it, as you can get better xp fighting in open areas. So practically and theoretically you are wrong.

with correct pulling a TK should have about the same (if not better due to higher Dex and maybe Vanguard) DPS as a dorf.
Nope, nope, nope. Dorf has 3 more strength than TK, pole masteries and an aoe skill pre 76 and a good aoe skill at 78+. So that means about 50% more patt on a dorf with pole in comparison to a tk with pole. Check l2calc if you don't believe me.

Vanguard has no UD, with pole it has no bonus to patt and only advantage is the buff, which lasts for 2 min and has a 5 min reuse, so you can't use it all the time, less you sit and w8 for 2-3 minutes after each pull.... Higher dex is a joke. It gives a small bonus to speed and then minimal bonus to crit rate (+2-+5 or something), att speed (+5-+10 or something) and evasion (+1-+2), all of which mean +4 dex is about equal to +1 str in dps. I suppose you get my point.

Chia
01-04-2010, 05:19 AM
It works, if you have bd/sws/cov/ant queen/baium/zaken. So in otherwords, lol.

Salerah
01-04-2010, 09:48 AM
It works, if you have bd/sws/cov/ant queen/baium/zaken. So in otherwords, lol.
Well I for sure don't have that :p

Eamonn
01-04-2010, 02:18 PM
To Xentheous:
Poison and bleed in FotD (I am referring to the rock, with vamps etc) is not curable with pots....

To Krissa:
I tried poling with my TK at lower lvls but it was not possible. I don't know if I could do better with an elemented pole, but my try in the late 60s, early 70s was a disaster. The TK deals so low dmge, that the mobs take a long time to die and the healer is out of mp very quickly.

Maybe now with vanguard buff and after lvl 76 with a 150 element pole, poling in FoG, not in cata things could be better. But poling in a cata with a TK pre 76 is a nightmare. Except if you have a full support party (SwS, BD, warlock etc), at which case it is doable, but few people have so many toons and can handle them all at the same time.

To all others:
Male Elves are ****, you are just jealous.....

I poled Ant's nest when my TK was in D grade and had a clannies EE out of party buffing me. So in D grade poling on an Elf Knight is doable. My TK is 47 now and I haven't tried poling on him since though but might in a cata later on small groups to see just how hard it is.

Thoriig
01-05-2010, 05:15 AM
tk poling at 52+ isnt effective till u got a real poler in group.
its more effective to use 2h sword focus, vanguard and hunt herb mobs. dont use a pet (no wolf, no buffalo etc), only get newb buffs. u can solo aoe 1x hp mobs without a boxed. (but its more effective with DW& focus buff)

vanguard main dps comes from the skills, not from the buff or the white dmg. u play 60% of the time w/o boost morale regarding reusetimer.

aoe, single target, single target, aoe -> mobs down. loot herbs -> full -> no downtime, take next bunsh of them.

on 74 with BM i crit for 3200 dmg white and 7k+ Guillotine, 3500+ AOE.

in my opinion its the best option the lvl TK solo.

Nuku
01-07-2010, 04:35 AM
confirmed
TK -> pole aoe = bad
TK-> solo = near perfect, no stops, can keep going and going because of healing cubic/self heal in non-herb area's.

__Terry__
01-07-2010, 04:48 AM
i did pole with my tk till 52 ore near 56

20~30 NOS (easy)
30~36 Heretic (moderate dificult)
till 40 i made in fields cause was not effective to pull deep in heretics.
40~46 First rooms of branded (moderate dificult)
46~56 Pavel ruins (easy)

For that you need a good OE pole, never pull more then 4~6 mobs pop heal pots like no tomorow. Get ready to pop a UD soon or latter if you aggro more mobs then that. After that is just bad xp, unless you are only the puller on a real pole party.

I did this before vanguard, so it was faster compared to kill one mob a time on fields with no damage skill.

Thoriig
01-11-2010, 02:12 AM
i did pole with my tk till 52 ore near 56

20~30 NOS (easy)
30~36 Heretic (moderate dificult)
till 40 i made in fields cause was not effective to pull deep in heretics.
40~46 First rooms of branded (moderate dificult)
46~56 Pavel ruins (easy)

For that you need a good OE pole, never pull more then 4~6 mobs pop heal pots like no tomorow. Get ready to pop a UD soon or latter if you aggro more mobs then that. After that is just bad xp, unless you are only the puller on a real pole party.

I did this before vanguard, so it was faster compared to kill one mob a time on fields with no damage skill.

Yes this is outdated couse of vanguard. u can kill 10-15 1x hp mobs with 2 vanguard aoe easily. As is say pole is a good option but:
U need a real poler in grp with masteries. U need a pole with SA. A common pole only hit 4 mobs (couse no SA, no masteriy for tk) -> sucks. Then u go better to support poler in vanguard with AOE. it has a short reuse timer and a really good power +.

As i say vanguard dmg comes from power + of the skills. its the same like with Gladiator. u can have +100% p.atk. but at then end u only got +28% dmg. BUT. with 30% Crit dmg u got +30% DMG every Crit. with Focus u got more crits.

Vanguard TK with good 2hand sword focus, with DW+ Focus and BD in group -> EVIL. I crit for 6-7k dmg white (only hitting). then pop up boost morale.....

would be nice to oe vanguard skills with element :D