PDA

View Full Version : Silver Ranger

Alamar
03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I have a 75 level silver ranger and I don't play him anymore. He does very little damage. I just made a 70 level spell howler and I really like his damage. I'm very happy with the spell howler. I will not play the silver ranger unless he gets a boost in damage or something. My bow does not have cheapshot so I use a lot of mana just to shoot with the SR. The SR needs a prophet, swordsinger and a bladedancer to do good damage. However we don't have a swordsinger in our clan. So I'd rather play my spell howler.
Thank you

purp
03-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I think the SR and PR have been dead for a while, the HE is the more popular and more balanced archer. Shame really as the speed of the SR really helps in kiting.

Smittie
03-09-2010, 08:40 AM
I have a 75 level silver ranger and I don't play him anymore. He does very little damage. I just made a 70 level spell howler and I really like his damage. I'm very happy with the spell howler. I will not play the silver ranger unless he gets a boost in damage or something. My bow does not have cheapshot so I use a lot of mana just to shoot with the SR. The SR needs a prophet, swordsinger and a bladedancer to do good damage. However we don't have a swordsinger in our clan. So I'd rather play my spell howler.
Thank you

You're welcome :D

sickhippy_007
03-09-2010, 03:41 PM
I think the SR and PR have been dead for a while, the HE is the more popular and more balanced archer. Shame really as the speed of the SR really helps in kiting.

it's kind of sad actually. PR oly on Phoenix this month only had 6 who qualified. And as a GS i love my class, especially the ability to solo nonstop. Unfortunately there is just no remaining utility for either of the classes outside of that. Oly stinks, aggro in a group setting stinks, damage output pve stinks...only plus is dmg output in mass pvp, which is quite good, although it doesnt come close to the overpowered pole classes.

MalaSuczka
03-09-2010, 11:01 PM
im 79 sr trying to get pass of this crap lvl and hit 80 lol
playing since late c2 when sr actually did good dmg and archers were classes that meant something in pvp
And yeah im thinking of subbing dagger or tank and @ some lvl (i guess 80) change subclass to main.

Starglad
03-23-2010, 08:40 AM
high end sr can be pretty good, perhaps best archer for ganks.
but need high end gear and skills oed.
82+ sr here and pretty satisfied tbh

Pamajere
03-23-2010, 11:09 AM
going to agree with star here i've got my 77 MS and i've been playing since C2 launch i've seen the up's and down's for the classes honestly i'm not happy with how much disregard our developers are throwing at us and our concerns but they's balanced the archers so they don't openly own any pvp situation. while that was fun when we did! you have to pick and choose your battles and know when: "He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day." and as MS with +7 to run spd we can do just that very effectively. i'd say give yourself a chance again you won't be dissappointed once your geared and stacked its quite fun.
Good luck

Sa1en
03-27-2010, 04:10 AM
archers only for ppl which love them class...

Falconek
03-29-2010, 04:34 AM
archers only for ppl which love them class...
I love the class, but recent things were too much. Especially greater bow resist in GC.

Starglad
03-29-2010, 04:38 AM
I love the class, but recent things were too much. Especially greater bow resist in GC.

you forgot songs and dance for bow resist, resist stun from ee or se or cardinal now that can be oed a lot so you cant stun or shoot people. you get rapped.

Corvenus
09-08-2010, 12:11 AM
I am trying a Silver Ranger sub and so far so good.

Corvenus
09-09-2010, 12:33 PM
What are some good archer spots for C Grade - S Grade?

MarlboroMan
09-09-2010, 07:39 PM
40-52 Outside of ivory tower, there are mobs called tarlk bugbears, kill them for a while till 50ish.

54-62 use a dagger in forsaken plains outside of aden, kill the Orc shamens that turn into tigers.

63-70 ish, use dagger/bow to kill mobs in either cemetary/seal of shinlen use bow on doom knights. Or you can kill mobs in forest of the dead. Helps if you have a prophet that can buff you with holy weapon.

70-76 early 70s you have many options. Wall of Argos, can kill the antelopes in the early 70s.
When you feel comfortable, 73ish move more inwards in Wall of argos, and kill bandersnatches/bandersantchlings. Stay away from the buffalos. You might even be able to kill the giant eye monsters in WOA.

73-78 Go to the Hot Springs, and kill spiders or Lava plant like mobs. Best to use maj light since those mobs stun alot. They do however yield the most exp for that lvl range.

73-76 Go to Silent Valley, make sure you have many transformation scrolls that allow you to use physical attacks. If you prefer you can use a fenrir to help. Make sure you have full prophet buffs, and VR from an SE. Stay in the very beginning part of silent valley, and use transformation scrolls to transform into, the Tiger, Cougar, Oel Mahum, Doom Knight, or any other physical type transformation. With VR equipped and nice buffs, you should be able to hunt the Orb like magical mobs, Shamens, or even Warriors if your careful.

76-81 Silent Valley, again use transformations, and get fully elemented Draconic bow, Draconic Light set, and element of your choice for the bow. Get VR full prophet buffs. Transform, and make sure you self buff rapid fire and rapid shot. You can kill any mob there pretty quickly, and all-though you have weak defense, the damage you do to mobs will be covered with VR. Mobs could have you half way on hp, and the amount of critical hits you do will be converted to hp. One critical hit can refill 350-700 hp. Depending on the crit.

Falconek
09-10-2010, 02:30 AM
68-77 best are vampires on cementary (especially spot near tablet). On 78 they are blue, but it's still nice XP. And you can use bow :P Also even newbie or CH buffs are enough, don't need to drag 2 boxes after you ;P

Invisigoth
09-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Marl made some good suggestions for grind locations! :) But I don't know about you... I didn't pick an archer class so I could transform into something else and pretend to be a cat. Or by the same thinking, I didn't pick an archer class so that I could join a pole party in FoG. It's sad, but sometimes that's what archers are reduced to for leveling.

If you can get a duo/trio going with another archer or a blade dancer and a buffer, once you are S-grade, Varkas is what you're kinda stuck with if you want to play yer class the way it's meant to be played. My archer is S80 and I can still grind there pretty effectively for xp when I solo. But, alas... it's lonely.

Mithril Mines just annoys me. It's a cave. Caves just don't seem like places an archer should be grinding. I can't grind there on principle. Additionally, the xp sux and the adena rate is HORRIBLE. On the plus side, you can get S-arrows there! woo hoo (sarcasm). Element stones do drop.

One of my favorite places to grind as an archer is with an archer party in HB doing juniors and the like. Get 5 of your favorite archer pals, a BD, a DC a healer and... I dunno SWS doesn't hurt - and go to town! Not only can you collect tomes for some good stuffs/items, but there are fair drops to be had including EAS and Divine stones! Yeah!

If you are 81+, PoL has turned out to be good fun. I don't know if the xp rate is as good as a HB archer party - but once you get the quests at 82, there are good quest items! :) You can solo effectively with buffs, but it's nice to bring along another archer friend. Or maybe your BD buddy for giggles. He can pick up yer drops ^^ ;)

Corvenus
10-11-2010, 12:36 PM
I have been playing archer with bow since I subbed him at level 40. Currently level 62 and really enjoying it.