PDA

View Full Version : SWS gear question

Elendil
10-06-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm about to turn 61 with my sws; what i'd like to know is this; is NM heavy and Dark legion (common) a good set up until s grade? I don't want to invest heavily on A grade and instead hold my gold until s grade. Is that correct ? Thanks in advance

Judas
10-06-2010, 11:21 AM
well considering you don't get any bonuses from common heavy set.. unless your getting a real one...

i still think Tallum heavy is best for sws with a common sword.. because your DPS output combined with newbie buffs will blow the doors off the dc/nightmare/majestic sets...

Elendil
10-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks for replying :)
NM heavy isn't common but does it make the trick ?

Judas
10-06-2010, 11:36 AM
well if you've already got it.. it's obviously better then nothing..

But i think personally if you could... equal trade across the table for a tallum heavy set would be better..

the +8% atk speed is pretty huge considering...

Elendil
10-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Got nm heavy borrowed from a friend. Ok i'll see if i can get cheap tallum. Thanks

Elendil
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Also is nm heavy better in pvp ?

Judas
10-06-2010, 02:32 PM
personally.... i think i may be biased towards tallum still even in pvp situation..

although i think both nighmare and majestic heavy is pvp-able through using your rep to pvp it.... i just still find that with newbie buffs and tallum heavy... you can solo effectively without much difficulty on yellow/red mobs..

even at lvl 65 you can start to solo silent valley without having to sit and recoop often with tallum.

-uF
10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah, my sws is 66 right now. Tallum Heavy set and a common dragon slayer (which my main got as a drop). I have a top gear, lv 68 wolf assisting, and bd/cov oop and SV is too easy for me. The wolf two-shots them on crits. I play Mr. Pickup. :rolleyes:

Elendil
10-10-2010, 07:12 PM
As for s gear dynasty heavy bard and forgotten blade ?

FidgitTheClown
10-11-2010, 05:54 PM
i would think majestic heavy would be nice just for the stun resist.
as since nightmare heavy is -str... it lowers damage output.
for pve, i've actually been wearing DC light armor, higher attack and physical damage rate... sure, i can't take as many hits as you heavy armor rock stars... but that's why we can make any enemy run away in fear...

phoenixdown
10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
As for s gear dynasty heavy bard and forgotten blade ?

Dynasty is s80, not S grade. IC heavy + 150 forgotten blade w/focus

Retribution
10-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Dynasty is s80, not S grade. IC heavy + 150 forgotten blade w/focus

What he said.

As for the rest of your questions:

1) PVP before S80 is pointless, so don't gear/tat yourself based upon pvp considerations.

2) Tallum Hvy is the best armor, so if you can afford it then great. If not then don't worry too much about it.

Elendil
10-12-2010, 04:06 AM
for pve, i've actually been wearing DC light armor, higher attack and physical damage rate... sure, i can't take as many hits as you heavy armor rock stars... but that's why we can make any enemy run away in fear...

NM heavy is -2 dex i think but i got your point.
Thanks for the replies guys i really appreciate it

Elendil
10-12-2010, 04:07 AM

NM heavy is -2 dex i think but i got your point.
Thanks for the replies guys i really appreciate it

Elendil
11-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Another thing i'd like to as k (don't want to make a thread about it) is does A grade cut it up until s80 equip? In other words can i skip buying s grade and buy s80 directly ?

dettik
11-28-2010, 09:27 AM
it depends on your playstyle. If you group a lot it's possible to run in A-gr until 80 if you just stand and sing and don't need to pull mobs/tank.

Ok, i have also one question to high sws out there.
I want to buy ica dagger but it's almost impossible to buy one with focus. Mostly they sell it with CD.
So my question is, should I really invest into focus SA taking into account I have both AQ and Baium? I don't have dagger sub to benefit from CD at least there so I'm kinda lost.
Currently I have +9 AS-haste..

Draecke
11-28-2010, 12:30 PM
just craft one yourself or try buy a clean one, if your only going to use it in pvp forget it and keep the AS pvp'd if it's also ur main pve weapon then yes get focus on it..

85 100% lolsws
pve I use an oe mw vesper cutter 300
pvp +15 AS haste

Judas
11-30-2010, 12:17 PM
2 weapons worth over several billion adena combined...

lol

Draecke
11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
minor detail but true enough for pvp or good pve 300 ele weapons are needed which don't come cheap.. for a sws a 300 icarus foc is enough to combine both, anything less well don't pvp..

Judas
11-30-2010, 03:34 PM
personally i don't know of many people with 300 elemented weapons let alone MW S80+ weapons.. even over enchanted to boot.

Considering the math i've done from the number of people i've talked with and dealt with.... i'd say those with 300 elemented weapons is about 5%... would be interesting to know though..

I pvp with a +1 FB with 150 element..... it's all i can afford atm...

Draecke
12-01-2010, 09:37 AM
it's common aka standard requirement in the top pvp clans, those clans do farm all instances etc. and as such have easier access to 150+ crystals & top gear.. also they have been farming that stuff from day 1 so yeah for ppl like me this is "normal" gear..

get 82+ with somewhat decent gear, make a solid party (const.) form a CC with 2 other strong groups and farm the instances, after 3 months you will have farmed enough to afford this np. if not yet 82 start simple and farm tiat/ekimus/zaken..

SayntLucifer
12-23-2010, 02:32 PM
For the A grade gear yes id say tallum as well. And if u have a party then don't worry bout IC. But if ur gonna solo then u need s gear no way around it(unless u wanna lvl 10 times longer). And soloing a sws sucks fyi :P trust me I did it till 78 then finally got in a constant group.
As for the weap personally I use a 300 elem icarus sawsword focus since we do get sword\blunt mastery. Only time a cancel dagger is good to me is in oly or small scale pvp. And yea a 300 oe'd vesper cutter and a +15 AS. Either u have no life or......well I think everyone else expects that allready lol

Elendil
12-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Noob question incoming; is holy/dark on a weapon considered elemental ? Is a fb blade focus 150 holy good in pvp?

Judas
12-23-2010, 04:48 PM
it'get 82+ with somewhat decent gear, make a solid party (const.) form a CC with 2 other strong groups and farm the instances, after 3 months you will have farmed enough to afford this np. if not yet 82 start simple and farm tiat/ekimus/zaken..

tiat/zaken seem relatively simple.. rather difficult for most...

but ekimus i've YET to see completed personally... i know of others managing to do it.. and after figuring OUT how to do it and doing it a few times to know it through and through.... but beyond that....

i personally would love to do ekimus.. but unfortunately... have failed it every time even with the ******, terrible, utterly almost useless "guides" that were written by people that expect you to know absalutely everything..

farming zaken and tiat hasn't really netted anything overall valueable enough to gear the number of people that are needed to go in.... it would take year(s) to do this.

SayntLucifer
12-24-2010, 02:49 AM
id go holy just cause the toggle :P but remember ur a support class. u wont do much damage. As far as ekimus. honestly only done it once and wasnt that impressed...

Elendil
12-26-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm 73 currently; what's the best place to xp ? Garden of beasts doesn't cut it anymore and forest of the dead seems low and the monsters too spread out. Any better places that also drop herbs ?

dettik
12-26-2010, 03:20 PM
pavel ruins, awesome place for melee and also mages