View Full Version : updater download H5 update :(

NiceDwarf
01-13-2011, 08:48 AM
subj

downloaded new textures, etc

didnt change nothing, started after last maintence

NiceDwarf
01-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Using old systen folder and renaming l2.bin -> l2.exe to be able to enter game and stay away from updater, but this is just weird, pls fix

Judas
01-13-2011, 11:03 AM
i can get into the pts with new files even now without problems. i even posted a screenshot of the front.

NiceDwarf
01-15-2011, 12:17 PM
up

just say, can i play safely without CLIENT update until H5?
i dont talk here about gameguard, it is running ok

NiceDwarf
01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
up

Sace
01-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Are you talking about trying to get into PTS (which is currently not possible) or into Live? Have you send a ticket to the support team?

NiceDwarf
01-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Are you talking about trying to get into PTS (which is currently not possible) or into Live? Have you send a ticket to the support team?

One day i launch LIVE updater - it started download textures, sounds etc..
After ~20 hours update i launch game client - it was look like H5, and mb it was pts, couldnt enter, yes. I didnt change anything (any software in my PC, and network settings, didnt change ISP).

So i downloaded fresh freya LIVE client, installed, update few files in system game folder and closed updater before it started downloading H5 files again. And lauch game through l2.exe. To prevent autoupdate of textures, maps, sounds, animations, etc.

I guess support cant help in such cases. What can they say? Reinstall client? Disable antivirus software? Reinstall Windows? Change ISP? Send them game-advisor report?

I had problem once, i couldnt login into game - packets are going to wrong NCSOFT ip address; not 64.25.35.104 - lineage2 login server. I write a message to support, all they said was the same as i mention above. No real help :) I understood them, sometimes its hard to help everyone being far away from problem PC. I solved problem in that way:
made force redirect for game
game client -> local PC -> 64.25.35.104 - that worked, and works now. I still cant login without this. But its not so bad, until this doesnt eat PC memory, damage game, etc
Anyway, i found a decision by myself.

And i made this tread more to check if other people have same problem, or its just me. Now i see i am alone.

Lets wait H5 pts, and H5 live, i will see what will be with all these updates.