PDA

View Full Version : GoD Client

Wannacookie
11-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Where is it? When can we expect to be able to download it?

Chinook
11-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Nov30 maybe :)

Zoc
11-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Yah i am pretty sure they said it would be available on Nov. 30. So it means EVERYONE will be trying to download/update on the same day. I would be surprised to see if many people will even be able to log into the GoD updated servers on the update day because I heard it's 5GB of updating and if EVERYONE is updating NCSofts update upload rate is gonna get *****... lol

Chinook
11-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Yah i am pretty sure they said it would be available on Nov. 30. So it means EVERYONE will be trying to download/update on the same day. I would be surprised to see if many people will even be able to log into the GoD updated servers on the update day because I heard it's 5GB of updating and if EVERYONE is updating NCSofts update upload rate is gonna get *****... lol
when i downloaded h5 dn rate was ~400kb/s
now... 40kb/s will be fair enough :D

Toshi
11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Hopefully they'll post the client early in the day, at least :)

Dazzel
11-28-2011, 05:49 PM
If it was just updating the Torrent would be better because the more people using the best torrent for everyone. More to do than life and thus settle for what we have. ^ ^

JohnJones
11-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Where is it? When can we expect to be able to download it?

You must wait the GoD client release or wait to update your hi5 client with your launcher.... :cool:

Rorschach
11-28-2011, 05:55 PM
This is another reason to have the PST. update live to PTS, then the day it goes live you use PTS to live and patch only a few changed or added files. 20 mins tops to be in game after along day at work waiting.

Zoc
11-28-2011, 06:00 PM
I would hope they had a torrent for it.. that would be amazing... If anyone sees one post it on forums lol. If everyone downloaded it via torrent and then uploaded it after for a bit there wouldn't be any issue with speeds

Ensis
11-28-2011, 07:53 PM
There are few torrents with korean GoD, with Engl system folder. Russian client from ru offi site as well ... On 30-th I guess NCSoft Launcher will skip most of files and replace necessary ones ...

amanwithoutmind
11-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Can't you simply read?

http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/download/installation/
Download the NCsoft Launcher

On November 30, 2011, Goddess of Destruction launches! Starting November 28, 2011, the original Lineage II Installer has been replaced by the NCsoft Launcher. The current High Five client download is now exclusively available through the NCsoft Launcher only. The NCsoft Launcher will enable you to patch up to Goddess of Destruction once the file becomes availalble on November 30 as well.

Not so hard...

Ensis
11-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Can't you simply read?

Not so hard...

Yeah we know that. But I believe it will be more faster to update GOD client, than HighFive. Its like near 1GB or maybe more downloading with 40kb/s. :D

JohnJones
11-28-2011, 08:31 PM
I have Russian Goddess of Destruction™ Client and the extracted files have around of the 15.1GB.
and hi5 client have 11GB.
so, 15.1GB - 11GB = 4,1GB will be updated. :D

so, update 4.1GB with 56 kb/s = 7 days :p

Ensis
11-28-2011, 08:47 PM
I have Russian Goddess of Destruction™ Client and the extracted files have around of the 15.1GB.

GJ! Thats what I wanted to say :)

Wannacookie
11-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Can't you simply read?

Not so hard...

I read very well. Maybe you should use that obviously big brain of yours and figure out why this thread is here.

JohnJones
11-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Russian GoD client have 15.1GB so, the Folders Voice, Maps and system are in russian language, if you want download the russian client you will update only around 2GB so, 50% less from hi5 Client....

http://cdn.inn.ru/ncsoft/lineage2/torrent/Lineage2_Goddess_of_Destruction.torrent

amanwithoutmind
11-28-2011, 10:00 PM
I read very well. Maybe you should use that obviously big brain of yours and figure out why this thread is here.

Cause a lot of ppl like you do not use it?
The big brain, i mean.

GoD Client
Where is it? When can we expect to be able to download it? The exact question.

Download the NCsoft Launcher

On November 30, 2011, Goddess of Destruction launches! Starting November 28, 2011, the original Lineage II Installer has been replaced by the NCsoft Launcher. The current High Five client download is now exclusively available through the NCsoft Launcher only. The NCsoft Launcher will enable you to patch up to Goddess of Destruction once the file becomes availalble on November 30 as well. The exact answer.

In french, i comonly say something like: "There's no bad answer, there's bad question." or almost... my english sux at all sorry.

And now, the second question:

The answer:

You'r right, i use my "obviously big brain" a bit and.... oh marvellous !!!
You just spam? @_@

Hope this will help you.

Wannacookie
11-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Cause a lot of ppl like you do not use it?
The big brain, i mean.

The exact question.

The exact answer.

In french, i comonly say something like: "There's no bad answer, there's bad question." or almost... my english sux at all sorry.

And now, the second question:

The answer:

You'r right, i use my "obviously big brain" a bit and.... oh marvellous !!!
You just spam? @_@

Hope this will help you.

Again, use that obviously big brain. Again, thanks for the attitude.

Ensis
11-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Russian GoD client have 15.1GB so, the Folders Voice, Maps and system are in russian language, if you want download the russian client you will update only around 2GB so, 50% less from hi5 Client....

http://cdn.inn.ru/ncsoft/lineage2/torrent/Lineage2_Goddess_of_Destruction.torrent

Hmm korean client is the same. But again, its less than Hi5. Anyways, Ill try with 3 options (Hi5, Korean, Rusian) on 30-th :)

Gwaith
11-29-2011, 12:07 AM
btw, did they say anywhere that we could just patch up the h5 client?
i might just be paranoid but im somehow expecting a completely new client everyone has to download..

Zoc
11-29-2011, 12:29 AM
btw, did they say anywhere that we could just patch up the h5 client?
i might just be paranoid but im somehow expecting a completely new client everyone has to download..

Yah. Most people will be updating their L2 game just by having the NCSoft Launcher open. It will check for updates and then it will try and update the game. If you see on the 30th that it is NOT updating, just right click the Lineage 2 name tag and then click the check for updates. And then after X amount of time it will say it is all up to date and ready to go and TADA Goddess of Destruction! xD

Gwaith
11-29-2011, 12:36 AM
updating will be annoying enough already, i got limited bandwidth and will have to go to my sister to update, just hoping that copying the gamefolder to my usb drive to take it with me will work xO

amanwithoutmind
11-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Again, use that obviously big brain. Again, thanks for the attitude.
Epic.

Zoc
11-29-2011, 12:49 AM
updating will be annoying enough already, i got limited bandwidth and will have to go to my sister to update, just hoping that copying the gamefolder to my usb drive to take it with me will work xO

Yep, that usually works xD, It's what i used to do when i had people within driving distance. Whoever had the best net (usually whoever was going to university) would go and download a copy with ridiculous speed and then drop it off at everyone's place.

Harny
11-29-2011, 02:04 AM
Isnt NC Launcher using torrent protocol as well?

Zoc
11-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Isnt NC Launcher using torrent protocol as well?

Really? I did not know that. That would make things pretty awesome if it were.

Harny
11-29-2011, 02:09 AM
Im asking that, not stating it.
WOW updater is using torrent protocol. I hope NCL is using it as well.

DuraDura
11-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Just gotta start it downloading and then come back hours later from doing other things :D

TwilightAngel
11-29-2011, 04:54 AM
If you leave your NcSoft Launcher running it normally does a trickle download like 2 or day before the main update ready (well thats what they do for AION).

ShadoWave
11-29-2011, 10:29 AM

So that we should be allowed to download the installer before it goes live everyone knows
but how about a torrent seed for the installer on the 30th? this way if download speeds goes down using the luncher people can download the installer in torrent and help seeding so other users can download the installer faster, (dont need to keep the main-ncsoft-seed online forever just for some days near the 30th)

Ident
11-29-2011, 03:15 PM
If anyone searching for torrent, at gamershell they provide torrents also. So be patience until the client goes there tomorrow hopefully.

Sace
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
All client downloads are currently only available through the NCsoft Launcher. The Goddess of Destruction client will become available through the NCsoft Launcher sometime tomorrow, most likely when the maintenance begins. Once the details are finalized, there will be a big announcement everywhere. Please continue to be patient and wait for the announcement. :)