PDA

View Full Version : Low FPS ATI Sapphire 5970

Mikashi
12-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Hello,

Im posting this since in the technical issues section i got no response.

Id like to see if anyone can help me with my low fps issues.
here are the specs of my computer

cpu amd am3 phenom II x6 1055t
motherboard gigabyte ga-ma790xta-ud4
ram ddr3 4096 1333 g.skill 2x2 dual
sapphire ati hd5970 2048MB GDDR5 PCIE
1 tera 64mb black sata III western
thermaltake tr2 1000w

I cant seem to find the correct settings to get a good performance and in frames and get good graphics details. In aden for example i get like 5 - 10 fps, then in toi and mobing zones im good but the performance decreases after a while. If i do alt+p in aden i still get like 5 10 fps which if i think of castle sieges idk how im supose to play them if i cant even turn the camera fast enough.

I know i shouldnt get this fps problems with this pc since im running games like crysis 2 , battlefield 3 in ultra settings with absolutly no fps issues.

Anyone with this problem that might help me ?

thanks alot to everyone.

Jalena
12-15-2011, 09:01 AM
That's pretty normal in towns for L2 - blame all the player shops! As has been mentioned in other threads, the game isn't very optimized.

Castle sieges etc don't seem to be as bad - maybe because players are spread out over a wider area? Just guessing there.

TOI is also slower after a while as (apparently) it loads the entire tower over time rather than just the floor that you're on. As it loads more and more your FPS reduces. A quick re-log and your FPS will go back up to normal.

ZuFF
12-15-2011, 09:11 AM
get an SSD, in pc heavy locations your problem is your HD speed not your gfx card, that's where the lag comes from, loading all the models

NostroSalvatore
12-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Turn your NPC distance down and you should see improvement.....

Mikashi
12-15-2011, 09:23 AM
get an SSD, in pc heavy locations your problem is your HD speed not your gfx card, that's where the lag comes from, loading all the models

Oh, so i should get an SSD, well, ill try that, thanks for your help and everyone else :D

Galil
12-15-2011, 09:58 AM
yeah its definitely the HD that is slowing you down.

Mikashi
12-15-2011, 10:40 AM
yeah its definitely the HD that is slowing you down.

Yeah i will buy a ssd 120gb sata 3 and see if it helps.

thanks

Galil
12-16-2011, 08:15 AM
I have a 120gb Corsair force 3 SSD. It is definitely the best performance per dollar. Two of them in RAID 0 is absolutely insane, even just one running your OS and L2 is crazy fast.

Travex
12-16-2011, 11:57 AM
I have a 120gb Corsair force 3 SSD. It is definitely the best performance per dollar. Two of them in RAID 0 is absolutely insane, even just one running your OS and L2 is crazy fast.

Not really, I'm running Lineage 2 GoD on my machine which is :

Intel Sandy Bridge 2600k@4500Ghz
8GB ram
Intel SSD X25m 80GB
2xATI 5970s

And guess what ? Everytime I port to main town like Aden or Giran, my fps is horribly lowlike 5-10 fps LOL.

So basically an SSD will help your loading speed (when teleport from one to difference location etc.) But it does not help the actualy FPS in crowded places !

Lineage 2 is a very poorly coded game , sadly.

Enrs
12-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Not really, I'm running Lineage 2 GoD on my machine which is :

Intel Sandy Bridge 2600k@4500Ghz
8GB ram
Intel SSD X25m 80GB
2xATI 5970s

And guess what ? Everytime I port to main town like Aden or Giran, my fps is horribly lowlike 5-10 fps LOL.

So basically an SSD will help your loading speed (when teleport from one to difference location etc.) But it does not help the actualy FPS in crowded places !

Lineage 2 is a very poorly coded game , sadly.

I had the 120Gb version of the X25m. Like you said teleporting was fast, no blackscreen etc, but going to Aden and sieging you could feel the performance drop. I bought an 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (max IOPS version) and the difference is huge, I get 0 lag. But the newer SSD drives (including the cheaper Agility) are double the read spead of the X25, so ...

Crawlerin
12-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Turn off shadows and terrain range to Average. If in busy town, quickly hit Alt+P to activate low details mode.

Travex
12-16-2011, 09:09 PM
I had the 120Gb version of the X25m. Like you said teleporting was fast, no blackscreen etc, but going to Aden and sieging you could feel the performance drop. I bought an 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (max IOPS version) and the difference is huge, I get 0 lag. But the newer SSD drives (including the cheaper Agility) are double the read spead of the X25, so ...

Eh, what do you mean by zero lag ? So basically you feel no lag at all even when in major town like Aden for example ? What is your machine configuration mate ?

Grunty
12-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Don't buy SSD to make up for poor-coded game unless you have money to burn. Towns in all games are laggy, unless the game isn't crowded. When games have an auction house but the feee is stupidly expensive, no one uses it and crowds the towns with private shops. You should really only care about FPS when you are outside of the town.