PDA

View Full Version : Appearance Stones in Lineage II

Sace
06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Appearance Stones have joined the game! As of today, the L2 Store is selling the following items:

Weapon Appearance Stone (R-grade) (costs Adena to use, consumes the appearance item)
Blessed Weapon Appearance Stone (R-grade) (no Adena or items lost)
Armor Appearance Stone (R-grade) (costs Adena to use, consumes the appearance item)
Blessed Armor Appearance Stone (R-grade) (no Adena or items lost)
Hair Accessory Appearance Stone (costs Adena to use, consumes the appearance item)
Blessed Hair Accessory Appearance Stone (no Adena or items lost)
Equipment Restoration Stone (R-grade)
Hair Accessory Restoration Stone

Please see the Appearance Stone library page (http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/the-library/items/appearance-stones.php) for full details on what the stones do, how they work, and how to recognize items that have an altered appearance.

Please use this thread for any questions or discussion about these new items. Enjoy! :)

DrachaVonDrachen
06-27-2012, 11:59 AM
According to the descriptions all the original items are destroyed in this process.

Sace
06-27-2012, 12:00 PM
The Blessed Hair accessory stone description say the original item would be destroyed Sace :/

Edit :

From the website

what does it mean we have only R grade stones ? there are stones for R95 ?

Also for robes, almost all robes before S80 grades are one only piece (like the Dark Crystal robe). Does it mean we can't get DC robe skin on Seraph Robe armor for example ?

The hair accessory note: do you see that on the page or in-game? On the page it says "not destroyed."

The R-Grade stones can be used on all R-grade items including R95 and R99. I see how the phrase is a bit confusing; I'll edit it for clarification.

Laby
06-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Thank you Sace for the new thread , and the answer !

A question you may have miss :
Also for robes, almost all robes before S80 grades are one only piece (like the Dark Crystal robe). Does it mean we can't get DC robe skin on Seraph Robe armor for example ?

Sace
06-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Thank you Sace for the new thread , and the answer !

A question you may have miss :
This is correct. A one-piece chest-and-leg armor cannot be used in appearance alteration to any item other than another one-piece chest-and-leg armor of the same armor type. Since Seraph Robe is chest only (and stockings are separate) the combination in this example is not possible.

Jasin
06-27-2012, 12:03 PM
edit: laby too fast, and asking for me u.u, since we discuss it in game D:

so other question,

if i want to change 5 piece armor i need 5 armor scrolls?

if i use bless hair stone to change demon circlet to look as wizard hat i keep both at end?

Laby
06-27-2012, 12:10 PM
So here is a list of skin it's impossible to get with this stone :

Draconic Leather Armor
Major Arcana Robe
Majestic Plate Armor
Nightmare Plate Armor
Tallum Heavy Armor
Majestic Robe
Dark Crystal Robe
Nightmare Robe
Tallum Light Armor
Nightmare Leather Armor
Majestic Leather Armor
Blue Wolf Leather Armor
Avadon Robe
Doom Heavy Armor
Doom Light Armor

Did I miss any ?

Jasin
06-27-2012, 12:12 PM
The hair accessory note: do you see that on the page or in-game? On the page it says "not destroyed."

http://i46.tinypic.com/dpuuco.jpg

hence why i asked about it before, not rly up to losing my wizz hat

So here is a list of skin it's impossible to get with this stone :

Draconic Leather Armor
Major Arcana Robe
Majestic Plate Armor
Nightmare Plate Armor
Tallum Heavy Armor
Majestic Robe
Dark Crystal Robe
Nightmare Robe
Tallum Light Armor
Nightmare Leather Armor
Majestic Leather Armor
Blue Wolf Leather Armor
Avadon Robe
Doom Heavy Armor
Doom Light Armor

Did I miss any ?

shall just say, can change appearance to Dynasty/S80, end of story, "any lower, but not 80% of armors in game" sounds confusing

AldanSanthil
06-27-2012, 12:12 PM
So what exactly is the point of this? The only useful thing I can see is to lure PK-ers to attack you while disguised as a low-level newbie so you can waste them.

I guess if I could change my armor to look like formal wear, that would be cool.

Didi
06-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Too bad for the one piece sets not available :(

I would loveeee to see my dark elf girl in Doom heavy For ever!!!

Jasin
06-27-2012, 12:15 PM
So what exactly is the point of this? The only useful thing I can see is to lure PK-ers to attack you while disguised as a low-level newbie so you can waste them.

its fancy, liking your armor set, seems like a good addon to ur hobby

Too bad for the one piece sets not available :(

I would loveeee to see my dark elf girl in Doom heavy For ever!!!

i was already buying them to change seraph to DC robez, not rly anymore ;(

Tiferet1
06-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Did I miss any ?
Did you miss C-grade stuff on purpose? :D

Laby
06-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Lazyness called me :D

Jasin
06-27-2012, 12:21 PM
answering my own questions like a champ :D

http://i47.tinypic.com/2n6w4jt.jpg

bless works fine even if it description is wrong, didnt swoop my original hat

let me know if u figure out anything that i can have dc robes, thx

1Peri1
06-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Eh boredom would be my reason to do it. I'll bite at this looks fun.

Sace
06-27-2012, 12:25 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/dpuuco.jpg

hence why i asked about it before, not rly up to losing my wizz hat

Indeed, the in-game item description is wrong. The Blessed Hair Accessory Appearance Stone does not destroy any items. The error will be fixed in the future; in the meantime I'll add a note about it on the website page.

Rhyshaelkan
06-27-2012, 12:28 PM
For the overspenders it is a wonderful idea. Eternal armor looks like ***. How much better to have Eternal armor wrapped in a Noble Vesper skin, arguably the best looking armor.

Jasin
06-27-2012, 12:33 PM
one last question, just want to make sure before i spend money on something that i want less,

is there any possibility (even in future) to use stones on Seraph to change to Dark Crystal robes? or its final, and will never be possible?

Sace
06-27-2012, 12:42 PM
one last question, just want to make sure before i spend money on something that i want less,

is there any possibility (even in future) to use stones on Seraph to change to Dark Crystal robes? or its final, and will never be possible?
The functionality of an item cannot be changed, and I do not know of any plans to develop items that convert an item's appearance into that of a different type of item. Its possible in the future there may be appearance stones that convert a chest-and-leg item into another chest-and-leg item, but nothing that transfers the appearance of one type of item to a different type of item. Therefore I'd say it's pretty final that this will not be possible now or in the future.

Jasin
06-27-2012, 12:44 PM
The functionality of an item cannot be changed, and I do not know of any plans to develop items that convert an item's appearance into that of a different type of item. Its possible in the future there may be appearance stones that convert a chest-and-leg item into another chest-and-leg item, but nothing that transfers the appearance of one type of item to a different type of item. Therefore I'd say it's pretty final that this will not be possible now or in the future.

alright thanks 8) gonna find something else that looks cool :D

Diego_Vargas
06-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Appearance Stones have joined the game! As of today, the L2 Store is selling the following items:

Weapon Appearance Stone (R-grade) (costs Adena to use, consumes the appearance item)
Blessed Weapon Appearance Stone (R-grade) (no Adena or items lost)
Armor Appearance Stone (R-grade) (costs Adena to use, consumes the appearance item)
Blessed Armor Appearance Stone (R-grade) (no Adena or items lost)
Hair Accessory Appearance Stone (costs Adena to use, consumes the appearance item)
Blessed Hair Accessory Appearance Stone (no Adena or items lost)
Equipment Restoration Stone (R-grade)
Hair Accessory Restoration Stone

Please see the Appearance Stone library page (http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/the-library/items/appearance-stones.php) for full details on what the stones do, how they work, and how to recognize items that have an altered appearance.

Please use this thread for any questions or discussion about these new items. Enjoy! :)

Please provide a list of restricted items that cannot be used as appearance targets. I dont want to buy something I cant use.

Eg. if I have an R95 Weapon and I try and use one of the funny non grade items like my Awakening Weapon, is that going to work? Provided it is the same type ( r95 dual sword -> awakened duelist dual sword)

Sace
06-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Please provide a list of restricted items that cannot be used as appearance targets. I dont want to buy something I cant use.

Eg. if I have an R95 Weapon and I try and use one of the funny non grade items like my Awakening Weapon, is that going to work? Provided it is the same type ( r95 dual sword -> awakened duelist dual sword)

Check the page that's linked: it says "cannot be used with Cursed Swords or Legacy Weapons." A Legacy weapon is the souvenir weapon you receive upon Awakening.

HolyOx
06-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Check the page that's linked: it says "cannot be used with Cursed Swords or Legacy Weapons." A Legacy weapon is the souvenir weapon you receive upon Awakening.

can u guyz fix the one piece armor, i really wanna get back in my draconic.

Diego_Vargas
06-27-2012, 02:13 PM

What about a hero weapon? The grade for my hero weapon is R, can I change the appearance of my similar weapon to that ?

Juji
06-27-2012, 02:25 PM
What about a hero weapon? The grade for my hero weapon is R, can I change the appearance of my similar weapon to that ?
Hero weapons cannot be skinned or used as an appearance for a regular R-Grade weapon.

Diego_Vargas
06-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks

Laby
06-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Can we use heavy skin on robe items ?

Can it be used on immortal Event armors ?

Fathia
06-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Can I make my sword look like a magic sword?

Katzy
06-27-2012, 02:37 PM
1. If i have a bound apocalypse retributer, and wanna change the appearance, which type is required? another bound staff, normal staff or a common staff? or any?

2. If a soul crystal is used on a weapon BEFORE** altering appearance, does it work normally and stay?

3. Can an RG crossbow be changed to have the appearance of an older "kamael-only" type crossbow?

Juji
06-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Can I make my sword look like a magic sword?
Yes, you can use any 1h sword with a magic sword.

Can we use heavy skin on robe items ?

Can it be used on immortal Event armors ?
Armor types must be the same. So Heavy can only have the appearance of other heavy armor.

Immortal Armor from the Mentor guide can be used with appearance stones.

1. If i have a bound apocalypse retributer, and wanna change the appearance, which type is required? another bound staff, normal staff or a common staff? or any?

2. If a soul crystal is used on a weapon BEFORE** altering appearance, does it work normally and stay?

3. Can an RG crossbow be changed to have the appearance of an older "kamael-only" type crossbow?
1. You can use any 2h staff. Bound, Sealed, Standard...etc

2. The soul crystal will stay after you have altered the appearance.

3. Kamael exclusive weapons cannot be used with the appearance stones.

Diego_Vargas
06-27-2012, 03:41 PM
If I have a 2h Magic Blunt (eg Specter Retributor) could I change the appearance of that to a Dynasty Crusher (2h melee blunt)?

Katzy
06-27-2012, 03:43 PM
thx Juji :)

Juji
06-27-2012, 03:51 PM
If I have a 2h Magic Blunt (eg Specter Retributor) could I change the appearance of that to a Dynasty Crusher (2h melee blunt)?
Yes, I just tried it myself and this works.

Katzy
06-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Also; if u use a weapon with a glow, like +16 with red glow, will that glow transfer over to the new appearance as well?... just curious :)

OrochiGirl
06-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Once the item has the desired appearance, can the item be traded/dropped/exchanged, etc.?

Juji
06-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Also; if u use a weapon with a glow, like +16 with red glow, will that glow transfer over to the new appearance as well?... just curious :)
The glow will NOT transfer over. Also if you have a +12 R-Grade weapon (red glow) and then change the appearance with a weapon of any grade lower, the glow will be blue.

Once the item has the desired appearance, can the item be traded/dropped/exchanged, etc.?
As long as the item is standard or blessed, it can be traded/dropped/exchanged...etc

Profeta2.0
06-27-2012, 04:25 PM
I have two question:

1. Can I exchange the skin of Seraph Leather Armor set to the C-Grade Plate Leather armor set?
Because the Plate Leather Armor set hasn't helmet in its set parts.
2. How does it work currently my Seraph Leather Armors set is partly +6 while partly +3. Example the Upper armor is +3, with attribute, so I will buy new armors what I will try to enchant up to +6 and will use it later.
So if I bought for my currently +3/+3/+6/+6/+6 set this armor skin change stone and used it up. If I will exchange the currently +3 parts later to a new +6 part will can I keep the changed skin bonus or not?
3. Is it available to get a full list that what armor skins are change ables?

Fathia
06-27-2012, 06:01 PM
can I use a sigil on a shield?

HolyOx
06-27-2012, 06:04 PM
juji, cant we use one piece armor?

Laby
06-27-2012, 06:34 PM

Just read the whole thread, this question has been answered before :)

Draecke
06-27-2012, 07:51 PM
I have two question:

1. Can I exchange the skin of Seraph Leather Armor set to the C-Grade Plate Leather armor set?
2. How does it work currently my Seraph Leather Armors set is partly +6 while partly +3. Example the Upper armor is +3, with attribute, so I will buy new armors what I will try to enchant up to +6 and will use it later.
So if I bought for my currently +3/+3/+6/+6/+6 set this armor skin change stone and used it up. If I will exchange the currently +3 parts later to a new +6 part will can I keep the changed skin bonus or not?

you change skin per item not set so no worries about helm etc. you can even mix stuff

Juji
06-27-2012, 08:00 PM
No, it will not work on one piece armor.

can I use a sigil on a shield?
Yes, you can use the Armor Appearance Stones on Sigils and Shields.

I have two question:

1. Yes, you do not need to buy an appearance stone for your helmet since it does not show. Only 4 Armor Appearance Stones are needed to create the full appearance.
2. It does not matter if a different armor piece has a better enchant value when you change the appearance. Enchanting armor does not affect your appearance.
3. Not at this time.

Yualë
06-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi, ty for adding that possibility in game.

Can we have the full list of the accessory we can make with the hair accessory item ? Can we get the wigs like that ?

Dreamer
06-28-2012, 02:57 AM
So if i use the "normal" and NOT the "blessed" Hair Accessorry Appearance Stone" i can change my +3 STR Bunny Ears -> +3 OLD Pirate Hat?

Means the item IS a old pirate Hat+3 STR in my inventory + looks like a old pirate Hat +3STR right?

Edit: And if i did that and decide lil later to change that to a Warrior Helmet, can i do that then again on the +3 str pirate hat?

Dreamer
06-28-2012, 02:57 AM
lol soz ^^

5n00p3r
06-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Hi, please can you tell me. How apperance dual blunt ?? with another dual blunt ? or can use dual sword ? or 1h blunt ? thanks :)

Juji
06-28-2012, 03:17 AM
Hi, ty for adding that possibility in game.

Can we have the full list of the accessory we can make with the hair accessory item ? Can we get the wigs like that ?
A full list of all the hair accessories that can be used with the stones? Practically all hair accessories can be used with the exception of time limited items and ones like the Noblesse Tiara.

So if i use the "normal" and NOT the "blessed" Hair Accessorry Appearance Stone" i can change my +3 STR Bunny Ears -> +3 OLD Pirate Hat?

Means the item IS a old pirate Hat+3 STR in my inventory + looks like a old pirate Hat +3STR right?

Edit: And if i did that and decide lil later to change that to a Warrior Helmet, can i do that then again on the +3 str pirate hat?
The item itself would not change into a pirate hat. Just the appearance is changed. The icon and name stay the same.

Bunny Ears is a 1-slot hair accessory, so it would not work with a 2-slot hair accessory like the pirate hat. You can use Demon Horns, Raccoon Ears, Cat Ears, Little Angel Wing, and Fairy's Tentacle/Antennae.

Hi, please can you tell me. How apperance dual blunt ?? with another dual blunt ? or can use dual sword ? or 1h blunt ? thanks :)
You can only use the same type of weapon for changing the appearance. If you decide to change a 1h blunt, you will have to use another 1h blunt for its appearance.

Laby
06-28-2012, 03:35 AM
Just asking, but I suppose that If I change the appearance of two blunts, and then I use them to make a dual blunt the appearance will be removed ? :)

thejudge
06-28-2012, 04:19 AM
seems its a good thing to buy if u whant a skin maximum to s grade,
coz for example in my opinion if u whant, lets say a vesper noble skin u need to pay a good amount of adenas olso for the armor just only for the skin and doesnt worth it
except if u have the armor already ofc

Cyan00
06-28-2012, 04:57 AM
Can I change my Armor to a special Clan set like the CLan Oath or the Apella ?

1Peri1
06-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Eh its a neat idea and was fun to make a copy of my top hat for another toon using a cheap 2 slot hair item

Draecke
06-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Juji on Naia in Auction House there's a 1 slot item (wit eye patch) with appearance of a 2 slot item, will that not give problems when you try equip another 1 slot item ?

Fathia
06-28-2012, 10:03 AM
that much I got, I tested in game though and you cannot make a shield look like a sigil. I wish!

Juji
06-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Just asking, but I suppose that If I change the appearance of two blunts, and then I use them to make a dual blunt the appearance will be removed ? :)
Yes the appearance will be removed if you try to craft the dual blunts with those weapons.

Can I change my Armor to a special Clan set like the CLan Oath or the Apella ?
Yes, these sets should work.

Juji on Naia in Auction House there's a 1 slot item (wit eye patch) with appearance of a 2 slot item, will that not give problems when you try equip another 1 slot item ?
I'll look into this. I remember a few months ago that some of the eye patch accessories were changed to 2 slot.

that much I got, I tested in game though and you cannot make a shield look like a sigil. I wish!
The item must be of the same type to be able to change the appearance.

redmen
06-28-2012, 11:17 AM
now ur saying legacy can u make these weapons destroy able next wensday?
same goes for the ring that u get from seven signs quest (not ring actually goes in agation slot but w/e)

theres stuff in my wh stackin up which i cant even delete nor send to alt tru dim merchant i dont want it :X

Draecke
06-28-2012, 11:23 AM
u better not delete ur legacy weapon as in the update after Glory Days you'll need that if you want to "reroll/re awaken" to one of the new classes which will be introduced pretty soon in Korea..

FakeJam
06-28-2012, 11:31 AM
juji.. i dont realy get the difference between bless & normal stons. the meaning "destroy" is like the item will chnage back after the event?.. i dont quit understand.. pliz explain. ty =]

Juji
06-28-2012, 12:22 PM
now ur saying legacy can u make these weapons destroy able next wensday?
same goes for the ring that u get from seven signs quest (not ring actually goes in agation slot but w/e)

theres stuff in my wh stackin up which i cant even delete nor send to alt tru dim merchant i dont want it :X
You cannot use your legacy weapon with the appearance stones.

u better not delete ur legacy weapon as in the update after Glory Days you'll need that if you want to "reroll/re awaken" to one of the new classes which will be introduced pretty soon in Korea..
You cannot delete your Legacy weapon.

juji.. i dont realy get the difference between bless & normal stons. the meaning "destroy" is like the item will chnage back after the event?.. i dont quit understand.. pliz explain. ty =]
If you use a normal appearance stone, the item you use to change the appearance of your main item is destroyed. With a blessed appearance stone, you keep that item in addition to your altered appearance item. You also do not have to pay any fees with the blessed appearance stones.

StepDeck
06-28-2012, 12:28 PM
seems to me that one could appear to be wearing Twilight ( for example ) run out in higher lvl areas and get pk'd real easy by accident on some unsuspecting persons part. hmm go Red over an illusion...now there's something to ponder

Juji
06-28-2012, 12:40 PM
seems to me that one could appear to be wearing Twilight ( for example ) run out in higher lvl areas and get pk'd real easy by accident on some unsuspecting persons part. hmm go Red over an illusion...now there's something to ponder
You can only use the stones for R-Grade armor and you cannot use them to change the appearance of Twilight to Seraph or Twilight to Eternal. It's only R-grade or lower. If you have Eternal or Seraph armor, then you can enchant to Twilight.

Hantu
06-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Hello,

If i choose to remodel my Twilight set to a C grade set, will i be able to still use a cape? The C grade sets do not allow the capes to be equipped in their original form.

Also, is this item in the L2 store permanently or will it be removed?

DrachaVonDrachen
06-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Yes you can use your cape.... it is just the appearance that is modified, all the functions for the R grade armor stay intact.
Appearance Stones allow you to change the appearance of your armor, weapons, or hair accessories while still keeping the stats and boosts of the original item.

Punky
06-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Indeed, the in-game item description is wrong. The Blessed Hair Accessory Appearance Stone does not destroy any items. The error will be fixed in the future; in the meantime I'll add a note about it on the website page.

Well all i can say is...perhaps your Dev team needs a Vacation cuz there been alot of stupid problems like this i game....too much confusion "CREATED" by the people at NC Soft....Hire more ppl...more ppl means less hours, less hours means "Fresh Eyes" ( to see things with like this above example ). If i run my business the way you guys do...id be out of Business cuz ppl dont like Rookies...they want ppl they can "Count" on, you know...PROFESSIONALS. Oh and 1 more thing...why the hell would i want an appearance stone to make my armor look like armor from the days of Old when i just spent 8 years in these armors....Give me and others Armors that dont look like anything else in game cuz ppl Accesorize to be different...not look like the next guy. and ummm this is not a flame,rant, trolling or ne thing else...cept facts...spend more time developing and less time fixing the problems that were over-looked in the 1st place ( cuz ya not running a PTS anymore ) and ya might make some forward progress, remember "ya cant get anywhere moving 2 steps forward and 1 step back"

Laby
06-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Can we use Armor stones on cloak ?

NightWitch
06-28-2012, 02:32 PM
So for armors its only the some type? Robe to Robe?
I like the look of the light armors better.

Will there be something, to make the cape invisible in the future?

Falexi Aeore

Draecke
06-28-2012, 02:46 PM

+1 :)

Juji
06-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Yes you can use your cape.... it is just the appearance that is modified, all the functions for the R grade armor stay intact.
Indeed, you can wear a cape with your R-Grade armor that has the appearance of lower grade armors.

So for armors its only the some type? Robe to Robe?
I like the look of the light armors better.

Will there be something, to make the cape invisible in the future?

Falexi Aeore
For armors and weapons, it must be the same type.

As far as I know there are no plans to make capes invisible.

No. Just armor pieces and shields/sigils.

Quelen
06-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Can acesory apearance stones acquire the apearance of acesories u buy with NCcoins, for example turning a draco's hat into a... Ribbon hairband for example??
Also, is it possible to change to acquire the appearance of no-grade armors and use them on R grade sets such as TW?
What about cloaks? Anyone tested this? Thanks in advance.

Juji
06-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Can acesory apearance stones acquire the apearance of acesories u buy with NCcoins, for example turning a draco's hat into a... Ribbon hairband for example??
Also, is it possible to change to acquire the appearance of no-grade armors and use them on R grade sets such as TW?
What about cloaks? Anyone tested this? Thanks in advance.
Yes, the accessory appearance stones work on the hair accessories you can buy in the store. No-Grade armors can also be used with the stones. Cloaks cannot be used.

Quelen
06-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Yes, the accessory appearance stones work on the hair accessories you can buy in the store. No-Grade armors can also be used with the stones. Cloaks cannot be used.

I don't mean to use the appearance stones ON the hair accessories that you buy on the store.

What I'm really asking is if I can "steal" the appearance of time limited hats from the store (with Ncoins) and transfer them to permanent hats that you have in-game. Hope that was clear D: don't know how to explain any better.

Juji
06-28-2012, 09:46 PM
I don't mean to use the appearance stones ON the hair accessories that you buy on the store.

What I'm really asking is if I can "steal" the appearance of time limited hats from the store (with Ncoins) and transfer them to permanent hats that you have in-game. Hope that was clear D: don't know how to explain any better.
Time-limited items do not work with appearance stones. Only permanent hair accessories will work.

QuellarVandree
06-29-2012, 04:03 AM
Regarding DualBlunt weapon:

atm I dont see any chance to change appearence of my Apo dualblunt weapon to anything then stupid Requiem DualBlunt?

I want Dual AoBA / Deadman's Glory!

Draecke
06-29-2012, 09:05 AM
http://www.ivory-tower.de/

click on the Fashion link and select race/armors/accessories etc.

QuellarVandree
06-29-2012, 09:44 AM
@Juji

No love for Dualblunt weapons? QQ

redmen
06-29-2012, 10:43 AM
You cannot use your legacy weapon with the appearance stones.

i dont want to use it i want you guys from ncsoft to make this weapon delete able

legancy weapons and dawns bracelet both cant be deleted cant be send to alt tru dim merchant

i(we) dont want these items in our warehouse/inventory anymore make them deleted able if they are no good for anything

i know this is offtopic but still ;)

Solyce
06-29-2012, 11:18 AM
When i go to change the appearance of my twilight heavy gaiters and breastplate any item i use the message "item does not fit requirements" pops up, there shouldnt be any problem with the item im trying to change. Please help, thanks

Notice: boots and gloves worked just fine.

Juji
06-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Sounds to me like you are trying to use a one piece armor for the appearance. You can only use chest and leg pieces on R-Grade armor. Can you please post what armor you were trying to use?

Solyce
06-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Twilight breastplate heavy ----> Noble vesper leather breastplate
Twilight gaiters heavy --------> noble vesper leather leggings

Like i said, the boots and gloves were fine...idk whats wrong.

Juji
06-29-2012, 11:27 AM

I'll look into this now.

Solyce
06-29-2012, 11:28 AM
I'll look into this now.

Thanks Juji

Juji
06-29-2012, 12:14 PM

I just realized that you're trying to change the appearance of Heavy Armor with Leather Armor. You can only use the same type of armor when using the appearance stones.

Richieri
06-29-2012, 12:15 PM

You're trying to change a heavy appearance item to light, isn't it supposed to by heavy to heavy, light to light?

Maybe i'm wrong but i think u need Noble Vesper Breastplate (Heavy) to change your TW Breastplate Heavy's appearance.

EDIT:

I just realized that you're trying to change the appearance of Heavy Armor with Leather Armor. You can only use the same type of armor when using the appearance stones.

Confirmed, Juji was faster than me xD

Solyce
06-29-2012, 01:32 PM

that makes no sense because it worked with the gloves and boots...are you meaning to tell me i wasted NC coins and mismatched a set that is very valuable?

Tiferet1
06-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Your set will be okay regardless of appearance, if you're worried about the bonuses.

Solyce
06-29-2012, 01:33 PM
You're trying to change a heavy appearance item to light, isn't it supposed to by heavy to heavy, light to light?

Maybe i'm wrong but i think u need Noble Vesper Breastplate (Heavy) to change your TW Breastplate Heavy's appearance.

EDIT:

Confirmed, Juji was faster than me xD

Only one problem, im a kamael which is why i bought the vesper light...i cannot equip vesper heavy...this is not fair.

Solyce
06-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Your set will be okay regardless of appearance, if you're worried about the bonuses.

Bonuses are fine, it looks terrible on the contrary.

Yami
06-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Will it be possible to use Formal Wear as an appearance item on R-grade armor? I know you can't use if not full body armor, but will it be considered?

Solyce
06-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Is there any way to extract the appearance stone to go back to normal?

Rhyshaelkan
06-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Only one problem, im a kamael which is why i bought the vesper light...i cannot equip vesper heavy...this is not fair.

Why not think things through before you act on your ideas? Instead you jump head first and blame the results on others.

HolyOx
07-01-2012, 03:00 AM
any update/news about the draconic appearance?

Darius771
07-01-2012, 04:14 PM
any update/news about the draconic appearance?

I think the staff will think something about it. I would have.

full armor are the most lovable by the players, especially draconic.

but I have a doubt, what is the benefit of the ordinary stone, blessed not to disappear? two doubts, I can use again in an item that has had its appearance changed?

sorry for the problems caused by google translator.

socketka
07-01-2012, 06:51 PM
one simple question:
Let's say I have +15 augumented R-grade duals. I will change them into some A/S/S80 duals.
Will be changed item glow like augumented (not that dark blue) or non-augumented?

Richieri
07-02-2012, 08:36 AM

You are already wearing Twilight Heavy, aren't you?

If yes, there should be no problem.

Idk how does Vesper Noble Heavy looks on kamaels, it's probly just like the light one, but u need the heavy noble to exchange appearance of the TW Heavy.

Maybe Juji can help you with more details. I'm not sure if the skin of Heavy Vesper Noble will be = Light Vesper Noble. Should be :S

As for exemple, when you wear a Dynasty/Moirai/Vesper/Vorpal robe set on a Human Fighter, it will look like the LIGHT version of those sets for the Human Fighter race/class. When we had High Five and pre-High Five chronicles kamaels were not supposed to wear robes/heavy armors. So they didn't create the skins(appearance) for it, just the light ones. So should be the same as the Human Fighter case.

Draecke
07-03-2012, 06:49 PM
one simple question:
Let's say I have +15 augumented R-grade duals. I will change them into some A/S/S80 duals.
Will be changed item glow like augumented (not that dark blue) or non-augumented?

the glow will be like a regular +15 A/S/S80 weapon

Zyjaxer
07-03-2012, 11:21 PM
So let me see if I can understand...

According to what I've read on this thread, I am not currently able to put the appearance of Major Arcana Robe in any of the R grade equipment I may have, because the Major Arcana Robe Set 'upper' part is attached to the lower, making it a one piece body armor and there are no R-Grade one piece body armor sets.

In a sum... I can't make my Twilight Robe Set look like Major Arcana Robe Set, and according to what was said, it is not going to happen SO soon, probably not EVEN going to happen ever. Is that right?

My FAVOURITE looking robe is Major Arcana, and when I saw the Stones announcement I was about to buy a blessed one, till I read the thing about one piece body armor... And if not Major Arcana, the other ones I like are STILL one piece body armor.

So... To make it clear, will that feature ever be available on appearance stones? Will I ever be able to make my Twilight/Seraph set look like Major Arcana?

Laby
07-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Read Sace post, it's kinda sure you won't be able to do that

Dreamer
07-04-2012, 08:29 AM
+3 STR Bunny Ears -> +3 STR Warrior Helm <-- WANT THAT :(

Solyce
07-06-2012, 11:43 AM
If i use a weapon appearance stone, will the appearance item receive the same augment and augment glow as the target item??

TrueMetal
07-06-2012, 12:56 PM
If you use a normal appearance stone, the item you use to change the appearance of your main item is destroyed. With a blessed appearance stone, you keep that item in addition to your altered appearance item. You also do not have to pay any fees with the blessed appearance stones.
I apparently can't read as well...
So, let's say you have a +10 M. Attack Demon Circlet, you want to change to a "Darkelf Female Wig".

1. Do you need the original item AND the item you want to change appearance to? or just the original item?

2. If you use a "normal appearance stone" your "+10 M. Attack Demon Circlet" is de-stroyed and you get a "+10 M. Attack Female D.E. Wig" with same stats?

3. If you use a "blessed appearance stone" your +10 M. Attack Demon Circlet stays the same. AND you get another one that looks like a wig but is ALSO a +10 M. Attack Hair accessory? Im obviously confused... OR is it just one that looks like it....?

Bhodosativa
07-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Aw... that pretty much guarantees Ill never invest in these.

I want my seraph robe set to look like seraph heavy :X

Juji
07-06-2012, 01:30 PM
If i use a weapon appearance stone, will the appearance item receive the same augment and augment glow as the target item??
The appearance weapon stats will not be transferred over to your main weapon that you are altering the appearance of. If the appearance weapon is S-Grade or lower, than the glow effect will change. So if you have a +12 R-Grade Weapon and alter it with a D-Grade Weapon, then it will have a blue glow instead of red.

I apparently can't read as well...
So, let's say you have a +10 M. Attack Demon Circlet, you want to change to a "Darkelf Female Wig".

1. Do you need the original item AND the item you want to change appearance to? or just the original item?

2. If you use a "normal appearance stone" your "+10 M. Attack Demon Circlet" is de-stroyed and you get a "+10 M. Attack Female D.E. Wig" with same stats?

3. If you use a "blessed appearance stone" your +10 M. Attack Demon Circlet stays the same. AND you get another one that looks like a wig but is ALSO a +10 M. Attack Hair accessory? Im obviously confused... OR is it just one that looks like it....?
1. You need two items. The main item you want the new appearance on and the item that you will use to give that appearance.

2. If you use a normal appearance stone then your M. Atk Demon Circlet will stay the same with the Female DE Wig applied, but the DE Wig itself will be destroyed.

3. If you use a blessed appearance stone, then you will keep both hair accessories.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2up9ug3.jpg

HCXIII
07-07-2012, 12:55 AM
If I have a Immortal Leather armor, can I use for example a DC Leather boots in order to change my armor or it needs to be the same kind (armor for armor, boots for boots).

New_Beginning
07-08-2012, 05:21 AM
You probably shouldn't use the wigs as an example Juji. None of us have been able to open 2000 wig boxes to be able to not get one. :)

Tiferet1
07-08-2012, 06:41 AM
If I have a Immortal Leather armor, can I use for example a DC Leather boots in order to change my armor or it needs to be the same kind (armor for armor, boots for boots).
Needs to be the same kind of piece.

Shic
07-09-2012, 05:23 AM
so here is a question ... using a wig as the appearance item, will this allow other races to wear the appearance of the wig?

example a LE male wig, appearanced onto say a pair of ears .. could a dwarven female wear it?

Kanaeda
07-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Ok SO big complaint from me, WHY are you removing these items from the store SO soon ?????

fyi for these was the first time I have bothered to buy NC coin at all; this is the first time you got any money from me since GoD update. So, seems really dumb to remove it already... also I am pretty broke irl right now but I would definitely want to buy enough more items to do another armor set and weapon !!!! So I'm super irritated you are removing these items already wtf !!!!!!!!!! Basically I need to save up in game to buy the proper armor set for appearance and also need to save up irl to afford the coin to put it on >< both of which could take a month or two at the least, so I want these items to remain in store long-term !!!!!! As finances stand now I don't think I can even afford to buy the coin to stock the items for later use :/

And for the record, for Kamaels all S and lower armor textures are only for light, even if you are wearing heavy or robe, and you need to buy the heavy version of the S- armor to put on heavy R armor, and remember, it will only appear as light, even if it's a robe or hvy in reality. So this is what I did, I was tricky: I changed my TW hvy set to bound IC set, which appears on Kamael as Draconic, because there are no textures for kamael for IC hvy (all I could afford to get atm but I might like to do vorpal or especially noble vesper in the future, either on the current set or future seraph, which is why I was planning to buy more of these items for sure). Anyway I like Draconic, wasn't huge fan of TW hvy to begin with (tho hvy looks better than robes or light), and was getting tired of being green anyway. Now I have ppl freaking out that I'm in draconic and I'm like, bch pls, I can tank better than you ahaha. So these items came along at a good time, but removing them already is wtf !!!

Also since I had some old coin on another toon I bought 2 pieces bound IC on that toon, applied it to my unbound TW, and was able to mail and wear on my toon just fine; so you can apply bound armors for appearance and still wear freely with unbound item. Then used 2 pieces bound IC on myself to other 2 pieces. (and don't need 5 items because don't need to change the helm look since it's not visible, in case some ppl need that spelled out for them).

And I set my apoc buster to wizards tear because I think the apoc is ugly as heck; Ecliptic sword would also be nice looking. I was considering SOM but it was a bit too big and ungainly on my toon. Anyway I love these items and think there is a lot of possibility for cool uses, and I don't understand why they are being removed so soon...

Also a lot of ppl I showed my stuff to were very interested to get the items, but I think most ppl haven't been paying attention to emails or the store, and most still don't know about the items AT ALL yet, if you are worried they are selling too slowly and that is why you are removing them already, then you need to advertise them more heavily with a system message in game at login explaining what they are and that they are available. Ppl I talked to mostly did not know about them at all, BUT were very interested to change armors when they understood what it was; many ppl don't like seraph looks, immo of every type is ugly as heck on almost everyone, etc. I only knew about it because I bothered to read the email that was sent out, and I knew right away I would want to use these. But I usually don't look in the in-game store AT ALL because I never have wanted to buy anything before, so just putting it in the store does not mean people will notice it, nor just the email, because ppl get tons junk mail all the time and likely don't even read the general emails sent from NC in the first place. Also, as more ppl start using them the items will get advertised by word of mouth, like ppl seeing mine and asking about it, etc.

So imo leave these in store long-term, and advertise them more. Why NC don't want money? pfft

HolyOx
07-09-2012, 12:49 PM
yo juji, i need to ask u something mate.

my friend wants to give the appearane of gold rimmel glasses to his bunny ears pendant acessory, but the game says he cant do that.

can u put some light on this problem?

Draecke
07-09-2012, 02:32 PM
bunny ears are top slot while the glasses are lower slot so yeah can't do.. if that was an eye patch he prolly could as those are in lower as well..

Juji
07-09-2012, 03:48 PM
yo juji, i need to ask u something mate.

my friend wants to give the appearane of gold rimmel glasses to his bunny ears pendant acessory, but the game says he cant do that.

can u put some light on this problem?

bunny ears are top slot while the glasses are lower slot so yeah can't do.. if that was an eye patch he prolly could as those are in lower as well..
As Draecke said, the two hair accessories go in different slots.

so here is a question ... using a wig as the appearance item, will this allow other races to wear the appearance of the wig?

example a LE male wig, appearanced onto say a pair of ears .. could a dwarven female wear it?
The wigs are a two slot hair accessory and they are restricted to your race and gender. So it's not possible.

Truxardor
07-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Ok I'm getting a bit paranoied about this, my breast plate on which I used an appearance stone seems to not be able to go +4, I said this because I usually never have problems with going +4 on an armor but already used 4 blessed scrolls trying to and all failed, Juji could you try it out to see if it is the appearance somehow messing with it or just pure bad luck?

Shobu
07-11-2012, 04:18 AM
Is it possible to use the appearance stone to make an r grade weapon look like a Chrono weapon of the same type? Thanks

Hantu
07-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Ncsoft I must say I am beyond disappointed.

I wanted to buy the appearance stones, I was REALLY looking forward to running around in a Demon's robe set and have my buffer chasing me in her dynsaty again. However, I was broke!!!

So, I had to wait to pay rent, get groceries, pay bills, and get my next paycheck to ensure that spending the 50$ (stones for 2 sets and a hat stone) will not be devastating on my budget. Then, I had to wait for Paypal to clear the funds I added (8-10 business days, welcome to Canada). And BAM they are gone.

Getting a new unidentified twi set is out of the question, I have way too much element on my bound one, and it would require to have someone who bough the stones before who I can trust, and who is not willing to use them. That is a lot of Adena I do not have to spend on fashion, as other items take priority.

These items were the only things that seemed worth the money from the L2 store. I can level myself just fine with no Xp bonuses (I levelled to 81 with no help on the OLD xp system, 1% per 12 hours at Lv 79), my horse is amazing as it is and my hat is better than all those 7 day hats you have in there combined. I do not need your buff pots, I have my own Iss and I do not need your temporary agations because I like my permanent weight bracelet. And there are plenty of players like me, who do not see the point of spending money on temporary items or Xp boosts, and the permanent items they have are better than what you have to offer. This could have been one of those regular income items that you need, because people will keep levelling up, swapping to new armour sets and wanting to look cool. Not like it costs you anything to just keep it in the store! its all digital anyway, and your developers did spend the time to write the codes for this. Never-mind the new people who come in the game and want their character to look cool.

My 50$ will remain in my Paypal I guess, until I buy a new game online .... Or until you bring them back permanently.

Forum trolls, before you ask: YES I AM MAD.

Sincerely,

Hantu

moncea
07-16-2012, 02:58 AM

exactly right, otherwise you would have bunny ears growing out of your lips and covering your eyes, or something like that. :D

moncea
07-21-2012, 02:43 AM
sorry sace and juji but we where all wrong!

omg...

yes

today in auction house of chronos i found:

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p570/kai_sim/eyepatch.jpg

pic shows pirate eye patch (1 slot) with appearance of wizard hat (2 slots). now, before you start to faint, let me explain why i think this happens:
after you applied a pendant to the 1 slot accessory you can only equip one of them to prevent others from having +6 of any stat. so basically the in game mechanics turn the item into a 2 slot accessory, even tho it only shows as a 1 slot. as such you can then apply the 1 slot and the 2 slot appearance.

now to all the meanies and freaks i would like to point out that i dont think this is a bug, i am convinced that this is intended.

greetings
FM

1Peri1
07-21-2012, 08:58 AM

omg...

yes

pic shows pirate eye patch (1 slot) with appearance of wizard hat (2 slots). now, before you start to faint, let me explain why i think this happens:
after you applied a pendant to the 1 slot accessory you can only equip one of them to prevent others from having +6 of any stat. so basically the in game mechanics turn the item into a 2 slot accessory, even tho it only shows as a 1 slot. as such you can then apply the 1 slot and the 2 slot appearance.

now to all the meanies and freaks i would like to point out that i dont think this is a bug, i am convinced that this is intended.

greetings
FM

So report it to support and have them check it out. You seem to spend more time nit picking item texts and running to the forums with it. Just report it to support, they don't read the forums.

Juji
07-21-2012, 01:46 PM

omg...

yes

greetings
FM

So report it to support and have them check it out. You seem to spend more time nit picking item texts and running to the forums with it. Just report it to support, they don't read the forums.
From Harmony patch notes (3/7/2012):

Various single-slot head accessories now use two slots.

http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/patch-notes/harmony/items/changes-to-items.php

Very few of the hair accessories with pendants applied will have one slot instead of two. Example: the Bunny Ears STR hair accessory is one slot, but all the other Bunny Ears with Pendants attached are two slot.

moncea
07-22-2012, 02:32 AM
interesting juji, and is there a reason why some items get treated different than others or is it all like little 'hickups" or bugs?

HolyOx
08-12-2012, 05:01 PM
sace, any chance that i can buy those stones in a near future?

i wanna make all my stuff draconic look a like ^^

Juji
08-13-2012, 01:31 AM
sace, any chance that i can buy those stones in a near future?

i wanna make all my stuff draconic look a like ^^
Yes, the appearance stones will possibly return in the near future :D

Dgamax
08-13-2012, 06:43 PM

Ahh hope :o

I missed it cause I was in vacation :<

HolyOx
08-14-2012, 02:06 AM

the green face means?

Quelen
08-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I was going to open a thread about my issue with the appearance stones, but I may just leave it here.

Let me say, I'm completely MAD about what happened to me today.. so today I decided to chance my twilight leather armor special ability from Enhance type to Assassin type (not a big deal right?) well, IT MAY BE, I had a full set with moirai armor looks, and after I changed the SA of my armor *PUFF it became normal twilight appearance again lol.

This not only is a complete disaster it even makes you look bad in all of this... that's right, you (and by "you" I mean NCsoft) are charging 160 NCOINS for people to change their items back to normal when they can simply change it's SA for a few insignificant 220k adena.

I liked the appearance my set had, moirai is actually a good looking and unused set now and it's very unfortunate what happened to me. :mad:

I believe you weren't aware of this problem before, otherwise you wouldnt be charging 160 NCoins for it, and that is why I posted here, so you can test this and hopefully give me back my 4 armor appearance stones. Is it even worth opening a ticket?

Thanks in advance,
Quellen

Awaken BR
08-16-2012, 11:13 AM
ppl should start read before doing stupid things.

Sace
08-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I was going to open a thread about my issue with the appearance stones, but I may just leave it here.

Let me say, I'm completely MAD about what happened to me today.. so today I decided to chance my twilight leather armor special ability from Enhance type to Assassin type (not a big deal right?) well, IT MAY BE, I had a full set with moirai armor looks, and after I changed the SA of my armor *PUFF it became normal twilight appearance again lol.

This not only is a complete disaster it even makes you look bad in all of this... that's right, you (and by "you" I mean NCsoft) are charging 160 NCOINS for people to change their items back to normal when they can simply change it's SA for a few insignificant 220k adena.

I liked the appearance my set had, moirai is actually a good looking and unused set now and it's very unfortunate what happened to me. :mad:

I believe you weren't aware of this problem before, otherwise you wouldnt be charging 160 NCoins for it, and that is why I posted here, so you can test this and hopefully give me back my 4 armor appearance stones. Is it even worth opening a ticket?

Thanks in advance,
Quellen
I'm sorry for your experience but we have a website Library page (http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/the-library/items/appearance-stones.php) posted specifically to explain how the stones work and what actions might cancel the appearance effect. :( It says there that armor appearance is reset if it is endowed with an armor set effect, and through explanation on that page it's clear we do not attempt to hide the fact that one can cancel an effect without buying a Restoration Stone. This information is posted publicly and is there to be read, so I'm afraid we cannot help in this situation. If you're still interested in changing the armor appearance, we'll likely sell the appearance stones again in the future, but I cannot say when that would happen.

Quelen
08-16-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm sorry for your experience but we have a website Library page (http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/the-library/items/appearance-stones.php) posted specifically to explain how the stones work and what actions might cancel the appearance effect. :( It says there that armor appearance is reset if it is endowed with an armor set effect, and through explanation on that page it's clear we do not attempt to hide the fact that one can cancel an effect without buying a Restoration Stone. This information is posted publicly and is there to be read, so I'm afraid we cannot help in this situation. If you're still interested in changing the armor appearance, we'll likely sell the appearance stones again in the future, but I cannot say when that would happen.

Looking forward for that future then :( Thanks for the answer.

Xiz0r
08-29-2012, 05:24 PM
1. Do the weapon appearance change works with the no grade weapons, given to the 1st level char?

2. Do the weapon appearance is being reset if we augment with life stone on a later stage?

and...:)
where can I buy no grade "Spiked Gloves" or "Training Gloves" fists nowadays.?:confused:

Vincen†
08-30-2012, 05:17 AM
I bought in A.H one eye patch "transformed" in ruthless tribe mask. Cool, want just to know one thing:
I read that if we add a pendant on it u lose the acessory apperance. What about augment it? Can I use hair-acessory life stones on it without be afraid to lose the mask apperance?

Juji
08-30-2012, 12:19 PM
I bought in A.H one eye patch "transformed" in ruthless tribe mask. Cool, want just to know one thing:
I read that if we add a pendant on it u lose the acessory apperance. What about augment it? Can I use hair-acessory life stones on it without be afraid to lose the mask apperance?
Augments will not remove the appearance. Only adding a pendant will remove it.

Godion
09-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Augments will not remove the appearance. Only adding a pendant will remove it.

Im thinking of buying the stones to change my armor into moirai but have only 2 things I havnt seen info about

1.) This CAN be used with bound items right?(Noob question yes, but I must make sure before I waste money)

2.) Augments weren't said on the appearance link, what about elementing? if I use my stones on a fresh bound tw with no element and I enchant it will it change as well?

Sace
09-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Godion, this page (http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/the-library/items/appearance-stones.php) should answer your questions.

Juji
09-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Im thinking of buying the stones to change my armor into moirai but have only 2 things I havnt seen info about

1.) This CAN be used with bound items right?(Noob question yes, but I must make sure before I waste money)

2.) Augments weren't said on the appearance link, what about elementing? if I use my stones on a fresh bound tw with no element and I enchant it will it change as well?
1. Yes, the appearance stones can be used on bound items.

2. Applying attribute stones or crystals will not break the appearance nor will enchanting it.

BlackDemonArrow
09-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Sace, or Juji

I also have a question, and I've read the information on the link about the stones, but it doesn't say whether or not if you change the appearance of your weapon if it will glow(ex: apoc bow 4+ augment to bow of peril and the bop will glow like it would on the apoc)

Juji
09-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Sace, or Juji

I also have a question, and I've read the information on the link about the stones, but it doesn't say whether or not if you change the appearance of your weapon if it will glow(ex: apoc bow 4+ augment to bow of peril and the bop will glow like it would on the apoc)
S80 and grades below will have a blue glow until +16. So if you have a +12 R-Grade weapon with a red glow, then it will turn blue if you use an S80 or lower grade.

Katzy
10-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Ive been wondering about something....

If you can change appearance of your tunic, leather breastplate or breastplate into formal wear, and it then covers every other part of your set nomatter what you wear for leggings, boots and gloves....

....why in the name of all the gods cant you do the same with one-piece armors then?..... use it on your top, and it will then cover up the bottom, just like formal wear does now for the whole set..... should be easy enough. :D

Honestly I just found out that formal wear actually worked, and that you only need 1 appearance stone for the full appearance..... really didnt expect that, especially when one-piece armors dont even work, and when u take into account that formal wear isnt even a real armor.

nireus
10-24-2012, 04:01 AM
Can I use Two-handed Blunt Emerald Weapon appearance stone on my retributer (2h magic blunt)? I know it's a yes on normal appearance stone, but just want to make sure before purchasing, ty:)

nireus
10-24-2012, 04:04 AM
Can I use Two-handed Blunt Emerald Weapon appearance stone on my retributer (2h magic blunt)? I know it's a yes on normal appearance stone, but just want to make sure before purchasing, ty:)

sry i just found that it was on the info page:p

Dgamax
10-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Someone tried to use Hair Accessory Appearance with these new mask :
http://store.lineage2.com/store/detail?goodsNo=207480&categoryPath=1_7
http://store.lineage2.com/store/detail?goodsNo=207490&categoryPath=1_7
http://store.lineage2.com/store/detail?goodsNo=207500&categoryPath=1_7
Does it works ? :p

Juji
10-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Someone tried to use Hair Accessory Appearance with these new mask :
http://store.lineage2.com/store/detail?goodsNo=207480&categoryPath=1_7
http://store.lineage2.com/store/detail?goodsNo=207490&categoryPath=1_7
http://store.lineage2.com/store/detail?goodsNo=207500&categoryPath=1_7
Does it works ? :p
Appearance Stones do not work on time limited items.

DiePartyLeader
10-25-2012, 08:08 AM
hello =P can u add to "boss weapon" bow type any apperance?

like this one (called halisha bow):

http://www.google.pt/imgres?q=halisha+bow&um=1&hl=pt-PT&sa=N&rlz=1C1ASUT_enPT460PT460&biw=1092&bih=456&tbm=isch&tbnid=qh_RQ3Fk6KzjlM:&imgrefurl=http://l2alba.bossforum.net/t10-l2-alba-wep-s-and-sheild-s&docid=IQsC_xlk4lnZyM&imgurl=http://i25.servimg.com/u/f25/16/55/82/16/shot0034.jpg&w=640&h=480&ei=3DiJUNudA9G2hAegtIDoAw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=740&sig=114697441148375073019&page=1&tbnh=137&tbnw=197&start=0&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0,i:89&tx=97&ty=66

Lineage
11-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Armor types must be the same. So Heavy can only have the appearance of other heavy armor.

Are we sure about this? Why i see archers with DC heavy appearance armors?

(Or they are summoners?)

anleah
11-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Is it possible to use the appearance stone to make an r grade weapon look like a Chrono weapon of the same type? Thanks
so is it possible or not? :o

Juji
11-05-2012, 01:20 PM
so is it possible or not? :o
Yes, you can use Chrono weapons with appearance stones.

AbyssThief
11-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Hello, you should really take a look at this, not talking about copyright or anything but you can use this as a brilliant example in lineage aswell :)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Transmogrification

Katzy
11-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Ok so this may be a dumb question - and/or it may have been answered before......but anyway....

Rough example:

If you got an immortal LA set with the appearance of noble vesper LA, and you want your next armor set (like seraph LA) to look like noble vesper LA as well..... can you then use your old immotal LA (WITH noble vesper appearance) to make seraph look like noble vesper? or will it become immortal appearance?

.... ok that may have sounded a lil bit confusing, sry ;)

AbyssThief
12-03-2012, 06:21 PM
So with one appearence stone you can change 4 pieces of armor or for every piece u need a different stone? also, after the stone its used it will disappear?

Tiferet1
12-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Ok so this may be a dumb question - and/or it may have been answered before......but anyway....

Rough example:

If you got an immortal LA set with the appearance of noble vesper LA, and you want your next armor set (like seraph LA) to look like noble vesper LA as well..... can you then use your old immotal LA (WITH noble vesper appearance) to make seraph look like noble vesper? or will it become immortal appearance?

.... ok that may have sounded a lil bit confusing, sry ;)
Old post but... I don't think it's possible. The appearance stones require you to sacrifice the armor piece you want to "paint" on your Seraph piece. So, you need an original Vesper Noble piece to apply the Vesper Noble look on the correspondent Seraph piece. Unless you use a blessed stone, which keeps intact both the original piece and the appearance piece.

So with one appearence stone you can change 4 pieces of armor or for every piece u need a different stone? also, after the stone its used it will disappear?
You need to buy an appearance stone for every piece you want to convert (i.e. 5 stones for 5 armor pieces). The stone vanishes after the use.

Agent0range
12-04-2012, 12:34 AM
wow i cant believe this threat is still up and and that juji is even responding to these lazy f...
READ THE POSTS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS! WTF!

DrachaVonDrachen
12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
You need to buy an appearance stone for every piece you want to convert (i.e. 5 stones for 5 armor pieces). The stone vanishes after the use.

You would never need 5 stones... we can't see your helmet.

Tiferet1
12-04-2012, 12:32 PM
You would never need 5 stones... we can't see your helmet.
True, but sigils and shields are visible and can be changed. ;)

DrachaVonDrachen
12-04-2012, 12:38 PM

This of course is true... but you were not talking about sigils and shields. ;)

Tiferet1
12-04-2012, 12:41 PM
This of course is true... but you were not talking about sigils and shields. ;)
True as well. I remembered the existence of sigils and shields only afterwards, and didn't bother to edit, since the reply was basically "you need to buy X appearance stones for X pieces to convert".
Well, truth to be told, if you didn't remind me of that, we have probably ended up with an enraged player asking refunds for a fifth useless appearance stone...

Lowryn
12-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Do not know if this correct, but I saw in auction house, an accessory with the appearance Wings Of Destiny ... this is correct? with all accessory Hero :eek:

MomochiZabuza
12-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Sorry, late to the party but I have a question I did not see asked In this thread or on the official Info page..
You stated that circlets could be used and clan specifics like apella could be used without limitation.
on the official page It lists only the gender limitation... so my question Is can race, class , or castle circlets be used without restriction?
example would be changing a skull circlet to say orc race circlet to wear on a human?

thank you In advance!

Suli
12-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Glad to see you spending this time fixing the windows 8 issue and not doing something stupid that will line your pockets.

panthepan
12-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Time-limited items do not work with appearance stones. Only permanent hair accessories will work.

does that mean that a permanent but not tradeable accessory of an alt, can be used to appearence of a tradeable accesory? and become tradeable?
to be more specific i use a pirate eyepatch on main wich is tradeable, and an alt of mine has a white mask that is not tradeable ( not even through the dimensional merchant). if i use stone will the white mask-looking pirate eyepatch become tradeable?

panthepan
12-29-2012, 09:20 AM
So i tried to wear several accessories, and the result was that the white mask uses top accessory slot, and eyepatch(+3 +pendant) uses lower one. the funny thing about it i that both the white mask and eypatch can be equipped, but the white mask is covering the eyepatch! is this because of the pendant or is it just as that? i used to wear cat ears and white mask at the same time ..and eypatch together with racoon ears! pretty confusing isn't it?

Quelen
01-01-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm having a problem now, isn't it possible to use Refined Wizard Hat appearance on Rabbit Ears M. Atk.? Is it because rabbit uses 1 slot and wizard hat uses 2? Because I remember when upgrading any hair accesory with a spetial ability it automatically becomes a 2 slot item.

Vincen†
01-02-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm having a problem now, isn't it possible to use Refined Wizard Hat appearance on Rabbit Ears M. Atk.? Is it because rabbit uses 1 slot and wizard hat uses 2? Because I remember when upgrading any hair accesory with a spetial ability it automatically becomes a 2 slot item.

No, u can't. When a 1 slot hair acessory use pendant, it takes the down slot, no the 2 slots like u mentioned. Refined wizard hat use 2 slots, so is impossible.

Juji
01-03-2013, 01:34 PM
does that mean that a permanent but not tradeable accessory of an alt, can be used to appearence of a tradeable accesory? and become tradeable?
to be more specific i use a pirate eyepatch on main wich is tradeable, and an alt of mine has a white mask that is not tradeable ( not even through the dimensional merchant). if i use stone will the white mask-looking pirate eyepatch become tradeable?
Yes, you can use a hair accessory appearance stone with a tradable hair accessory as the main target and a non-tradable hair accessory as the appearance target. The main target's properties will still remain in-tact, while keeping the appearance of the non-tradable hair accessory.

So i tried to wear several accessories, and the result was that the white mask uses top accessory slot, and eyepatch(+3 +pendant) uses lower one. the funny thing about it i that both the white mask and eypatch can be equipped, but the white mask is covering the eyepatch! is this because of the pendant or is it just as that? i used to wear cat ears and white mask at the same time ..and eypatch together with racoon ears! pretty confusing isn't it?
All 1-slot pendant hair accessories now use the lower slot. So the white mask cannot be modified with the eyepatch.

I'm having a problem now, isn't it possible to use Refined Wizard Hat appearance on Rabbit Ears M. Atk.? Is it because rabbit uses 1 slot and wizard hat uses 2? Because I remember when upgrading any hair accesory with a spetial ability it automatically becomes a 2 slot item.You can only use the appearance stone on hair accessories that share the same slot position and number of slots. So it is not possible to use the Refined Wizard Hat with the Rabbit Ears.

Merchant
01-07-2013, 03:51 AM
Why does it cost $5 to change the look of a single piece of armor? Seems pretty overpriced to me.

Joneses
06-23-2013, 10:12 AM
I cant find remove appearance stones?

Tiferet1
06-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Check the grocery stores...

arkhaz1
06-29-2013, 12:26 PM
If I will use the appearance stone in my Bound Eternal Breastplate, and after that I will unbind it i will lose the appearance effect? Cuz I found info only about weapons (you lose appearance after unbinding weapon), nothing about armors, did any of You try it already?

iNoisia
06-29-2013, 02:33 PM
If you use unbind, you will lose your appearance

Martyi
06-29-2013, 04:22 PM

before lindvior update you didnt lose apperance, now no clue :P

FIREGRIFFIN
06-30-2013, 10:04 AM
All 1-slot pendant hair accessories now use the lower slot.

So you can not use two accessories with pendantes? Like an eyepatch-str and a rabbit ear-p.atk?

Truxardor
06-30-2013, 11:04 AM
You don't, I just unbind my pants a few days ago and it didn't lose appearance.

Raykonen
07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
All the armors/sets that worth paying for appearance can't be used. Anyone else thinks the same or its just me? (all a grade/sgrade/bgrade).

Laby
07-16-2013, 04:55 PM
You can now use full body armor on the top armor (one piece) and get full body appeareance. It has been said some time ago :)

Vincen†
07-21-2013, 09:08 AM
I have one amaranthine shaper +4 lvl 7 haste in my othell.
I'm planning make it dual sa right now but still need buy some gem stones R (What if u ask me is ridiculous ammount, just freaking insane. 5260 gems R for dual sa + lol crystal r99 that I already farmed in balok).

1 - If I put on this amaranthine shaper HASTE the appearence of skull edge (s80 dagger, because amaranthine dagger appearance sux hard, dunno what with devs), I'm able to put the second sa HASTE + GUINDANCE without lose the skull edge visual? OR I need to wait I finish the dual sa for then put the skull edge appearence?

2- Right now I have apella brigandine appearence too in my eternal light set (yes, be original or drop dead! ). But my set is bound. Once I go unbind it or change the set configuration from enchanc to assassin, I will lose the appearence of appela?

Some people here said that is fine, won't lose any appearance, other people says that you lose appearence upgrading from bound to standard or when u add one more sa... so what guys? ;)

ShakaZuluPP
07-21-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm planning make it dual sa right now but still need buy some gem stones R (What if u ask me is ridiculous ammount, just freaking insane. 5260 gems R for dual sa + lol crystal r99 that I already farmed in balok).

1 - If I put on this amaranthine shaper HASTE the appearence of skull edge (s80 dagger, because amaranthine dagger appearance sux hard, dunno what with devs), I'm able to put the second sa HASTE + GUINDANCE without lose the skull edge visual? OR I need to wait I finish the dual sa for then put the skull edge appearence?

2- Right now I have apella brigandine appearence too in my eternal light set (yes, be original or drop dead! ). But my set is bound. Once I go unbind it or change the set configuration from enchanc to assassin, I will lose the appearence of appela?

Some people here said that is fine, won't lose any appearance, other people says that you lose appearence upgrading from bound to standard or when u add one more sa... so what guys? ;)
One clan mate told me the is "impossible" to change set config in armor part who have appearance in him. I don't know if is true but will be good to we know for sure...

Vincen†
07-21-2013, 09:42 PM
One clan mate told me the is "impossible" to change set config in armor part who have appearance in him. I don't know if is true but will be good to we know for sure...

WTB Answers :O

ShakaZuluPP
07-22-2013, 06:32 AM
WTB Answers :O

???
I hope Juji will see this :(

redmen
07-22-2013, 08:20 AM
you can unbind without losing a ********

Juji
07-22-2013, 12:01 PM

1. You do NOT lose your appearance if you apply a Second SA on your weapon.

2. You also do NOT lose your appearance if you unbind or change your set effect on your armor.

Only ways to lose your appearance now are from server transfers, using a restoration stone, or using the seal scroll (changes weapon/armor back to unidentified).

Vincen†
07-22-2013, 10:43 PM

2. You also do NOT lose your appearance if you unbind or change your set effect on your armor.

Only ways to lose your appearance now are from server transfers, using a restoration stone, or using the seal scroll (changes weapon/armor back to unidentified).

Ty juji, appearence changed. Btw, I suggest u guys change the description when u go put the stone "warning: change special abilities and blabla can make the item back to original form" or something like that. Also, dunno if is possible, but once the npc show to u how ur item will be after put SA/unbind/change set config it should show up there ur appearence as well(like the current augment). Like this, 90% of the problems solved.

Tesco
07-23-2013, 06:26 AM
Juji i have a question u sayd that we can use 1 hand sword magic appearance, on normal sword 1 hand,

so the question is can we use 1 hand blunt appearance on 1 hand magic blunt ? can i use monster glakias hammer appearance on specter caster?

beacuze there is no appearance for 1 hand magic blunts, Juji can u please answer or test it please ?

Vincen†
07-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Juji i have a question u sayd that we can use 1 hand sword magic appearance, on normal sword 1 hand,

so the question is can we use 1 hand blunt appearance on 1 hand magic blunt ? can i use monster glakias hammer appearance on specter caster?

beacuze there is no appearance for 1 hand magic blunts, Juji can u please answer or test it please ?

Seknus sword stone appearence - magic type don't let you put the appearence in 1 hand fighter sword, so I guess not. MAgic swords appearences for magic swords and fighter for fighter. About the 2 hand hammers... 100% sure u can't put 2 hands appearence in one. Check for the s80 magic blunt u get from freya, is very nice.

Juji
07-23-2013, 11:52 AM

You can no longer use magic weapons with fighter weapons for appearances. This also applies to blunt weapons.

@Vincent, the description will be changed in the L2 Store in the future to reflect the new changes.

Nautica
07-23-2013, 12:03 PM

i could be wrong but im quite sure if you make anything (eternal armor or amaranthine weapons) pve or pvp you lose it too :P

Juji
07-23-2013, 12:24 PM
i could be wrong but im quite sure if you make anything (eternal armor or amaranthine weapons) pve or pvp you lose it too :P
You don't lose it if you upgrade to PvE or PvP.

Nautica
07-23-2013, 12:32 PM
You don't lose it if you upgrade to PvE or PvP.
oh nice even better :)

Mew
08-09-2013, 09:11 AM
You can no longer use magic weapons with fighter weapons for appearances. This also applies to blunt weapons.

This applies to boss weapon appearance stones too like those that were in L2Store some time ago? (for example maliss stormer appearance stone). Cause for example using this stone (Darion Hellblade appearance stone) I want to make a mage sword looking like Darion Hellblade.

Also those stones will be back someday in L2Store? :) WTB 2 of them :p

Also, I got info that augmenting a hat does not remove appearance, do this apply on weapons too?

Juji
08-09-2013, 12:46 PM
This applies to boss weapon appearance stones too like those that were in L2Store some time ago? (for example maliss stormer appearance stone). Cause for example using this stone (Darion Hellblade appearance stone) I want to make a mage sword looking like Darion Hellblade.

Also those stones will be back someday in L2Store? :) WTB 2 of them :p

Also, I got info that augmenting a hat does not remove appearance, do this apply on weapons too?

1. The Hellblade appearance stone works on mage weapons.

2. They will, someday :)

3. Yes, this also applies for weapons as well.

NiceCellulitis
08-11-2013, 07:41 PM
how it works with no grade misc. weapons (like Voodoo Doll)?
Can i take apperance from Voodoo Doll to Rgrade 1 handed magic blunt? :P

Mew
08-13-2013, 07:55 AM
1. The Hellblade appearance stone works on mage weapons.

2. They will, someday :)

3. Yes, this also applies for weapons as well.

Thank you very much ^^ Sooo I will be waiting for them patiently ^^

Greetings :)

Vincen†
08-13-2013, 05:43 PM

Juji, if I have 1 hair acessory with appearence (Like romantic chapeau as example), then I modific it for any other hair acessory (2 slots ofc). I will be able to add a pendant on it without lose the appearence too?

And Mew, the next update bring a new hellbound. So beleth and Darion will show up there like strong bosses. Well, 99,8% sure they are keeping the hellblade appearence and more for when these bosses back.

CharlyFerraz
11-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Please Juji, or any user of the forum can help me;

If I happen to use a hair accessory appearance stone appearance or that a blessed hair acessory appearance stone to turn a hair accessory into a raid boss hair accessory, like Halisha's helmet? is this possible?

Just to keep in mind that hair accessory'm saying, here's a picture of him.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/108/b/f/halisha__s_hat_by_edelva-d3ealft.jpg

Thanks in advance.
P.S: Forgive me if I revived her a topic of nearly 3 months ago. ;)

Demoisell3
11-23-2013, 11:09 PM
hello anyone know if i can use bless app stone on Bloody eternal set to make my R99 looks like bloody?

ofc i need a bloody 99 set but i wanna keep mine std or dark and have bloody apperance so thats why i wanna know

PimpMyBow
02-11-2014, 01:21 PM
OK, so I've read 10 pages and only seen 1 post from Laby saying that for example:
I can add doom light one-piece armor appearance onto my immortal light chest yeah?

Tiferet1
02-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Yes, you should be able to. A clannie got Doom heavy appearance on her Eternal set...