View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
Lothlian
Baylor

Lothlian will become famous soon enoughLothlian will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Chronicles of Llothlian

The coloured floor tiles rang to the sound of his footsteps. Black and red; Purity and blood; Shillien Knight and Blade Dancer. Strange the things that cross your mind in times of stress. The corridor was part of the last academy of Dark Elves outside their homeland, the last bastion of Her glory in the thrice-****ed White Elven territory. The Humans had been putting pressure on them to relocate the academy, but the Dark Elves care little for veiled threats and less for political [censored]. The academy would stand unto the last.

“Why in hell is my mind wondering like this?” He muttered. “And why in Her name am I talking to myself?”

He still had not mastered the mental discipline taught by the Masters at the academy, which is one of the reasons his mind wondered at times like this.

He knocked a door, marked with the sign of the Tetriach. “Grand Master” in the Old Tongue. It is a sign of the times that he even thought in the filthy language of the Mon’kai, the Humans who have infected the lands like a plague. The Tetriach was at his desk reading paperwork, reports on the pupils no doubt.

“So pupil, you survive.” Said the Tetriach, obviously surprised. “Who would have thought it?”

“A scout camp you said. A simple task you said. Sneak in and kill a scout you said. A simple bloody task you said!” A wandering mind was not his only failing; he also had a fiery temper when he didn’t keep it carefully in check.

“Watch your tongue, pupil, or I’ll watch it for you.”

“Forgive me, Tetriach. I meant no offence. There was a Plains Walker in the camp. It was unexpected.”

“And yet you live. The Elf is dead, I assume, or you would not be here. You are growing well. It is time for you to choose.”

The choice. To chose your Path, you’re gift from Shilen, and perhaps most importantly, you’re name.

“Tetriach… I have only been with the academy for two decades, it is so soon.”

“You have earned it, there are few who could defeat a Plains Walker even years after their Choice, and year here you are, unscathed. It is quite an accomplishment.” The Tetriach praised.

He had thought long about his Choice, and as of yet had only found answers for two of the three.

“Do you have your Choice made, or do you yet need time?” The Tetriach continued.

“I have all that is required of me for now. I do not have the disciple to stand fast and defend our people from the foe, but I have the fire in my heart, and the Dance of Blades comes easily to me. I choose to become a Blade Dancer, the Path of Blood, and take the fight to our enemies.” The pupil explained.

“Very good.”

“I have not made a choice about my gift yet. There are still many years before it has meaning to me, so I would rather learn more, and make the right decision, than make in haste.”

“So you show wisdom, after all. And what name do you choose for yourself?”

“I choose Llothlian.”

“It is done, Llothlian.”
Lothlian is offline   Reply With Quote