Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 08-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
Stoneforger
Hungry Spirit

Stoneforger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Halberd or Tallum Glaive

About to hit A grade and I'm debating on which pole to get.

I need a multipurpose weapon. PVE and PVP (if need be). tallum glaive (higher patk,health SA) or the halberd (crit stun). I am a dwarf with a hp build. I also notice that the halberd w crit stun does not state that it enhances pvp damage; is this a typo. Anybody know how much this enhancement is roughly.
thanks
Stoneforger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #2
Tarun
Imperial Warlord

Tarun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Halberd or Tallum Glaive

All a-grade with SA enhances pvp damage.
Unless you're filthy rich, you also need to factor in the cost differences between level 11 and 12 soul crystals. Even if you're able to level them yourself, that's still ~50 mill difference you could earn selling.

I would hardly include the higher patk on the tallum glaive as an advantage for pvp as it's so little. We're not DD's so it's not much point in trying to be one. Hitting for 120 or 130 damage doesn't make much difference with how fast paced open group vs group pvp is (and group vs group is the only place you'd be using a pole instead of a blunt+shield). Health SA would probably be your best bet though. As a dwarf you have a bunch of HP and benefit more from it.
Altho notice that the crit stun rate on halberd is double compared to lance.

It's hard to say. I think I'd probably go halberd+critstun for pve and try to get a blunt for pvp using the money saved on not buying glaive+lvl12 SA. You could still equip the halberd for an occasional whirlwind in pvp while still being able to deal more damage and stun single targets using your blunt.
My other motto.
Tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
MuadDib
Grave Predator

MuadDib is an unknown quantity at this point

[ QUOTE ]
About to hit A grade and I'm debating on which pole to get.

I need a multipurpose weapon. PVE and PVP (if need be). tallum glaive (higher patk,health SA) or the halberd (crit stun). I am a dwarf with a hp build. I also notice that the halberd w crit stun does not state that it enhances pvp damage; is this a typo. Anybody know how much this enhancement is roughly.
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
I found Halberd w/ haste SA to be the best for multipurpose wep. PVE attk speed with VR restores health faster and in PVP fast attk speed allows you to use skills more frequently. You can always equip a health blunt if it is needed in PVP, and use the Halberd to wrath and whirlwind whenever you can.
MuadDib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
Tarun
Imperial Warlord

Tarun is an unknown quantity at this point

Wouldn't critstun be better for pve aoe with VR though? I found that with my lance - even though the stun rate is just 13% - my health would shoot up far faster than with my clean halberd when doing aoe.

Edit: But then again I'm on a +8 dex build so I guess I benefit more from critstun than attack speed.
My other motto.
Tarun is offline   Reply With Quote