Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 12-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #21
SL4YER
Dark Lord

SL4YER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Masterwork items bonuses?

Each masterwork item gives the same type of bonus as full normal set, except for stats modify. Obviously bonus from 1 masterwork item is less than from full normal set, but having full masterwork set will give a lot more bonus than full normal set. Lets say you have full masterwork majestic heavy set. You wont get +2 str/-2 con, but you will get more stun resistance, more acc and more p.atk bonus than from normal majestic heavy. Thats why masterworks are sometimes (but not always) better than normal sets. For example dc is better normal because of +2 wit, but masterwork IC could be better for tank classes (more p.def, more hp, more resists than normal IC, and no +2 str which not everyone likes in IC).
Old 12-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #22
serelina
Remnant Diabolist

serelina is a jewel in the roughserelina is a jewel in the roughserelina is a jewel in the rough

certain masterwork sets are, in fact, broken but from the dev's perspective, they're "working as intended." it's usually the ones where the main piece of the armor is one piece instead of two.

i'm a temple knight and i'm -8 str from tats, a truly rare breed for any tank class nowadays. i don't want the +2 str -2 con from the normal IC so i started trying for masterwork. i have the boots, gaiters, and shield already and i have to say, in pvp i'll still be pretty useless but in pve, i'll be second to none in p.def and hp. the gaiters alone give over 180 hp.

shields will be a completely different story in gracia final. all masterwork shields add around twice their listed p.def in the form of m.def when you block. pretty useless right now but in gracia 3 when you can block nukes and de-buffs if you have shield mastery (unless the translation was wrong and which dwarves will get in gracia final) that's freakin' huge.

the masterwork items are definitely not worth the huge prices (save the shields since most people can still use a shield no matter what set they're using) that some people are wanting. there's a toon on sayha right now trying to sell the masterwork IC gloves for 400 mil. they're 150 tops.
serelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #23
TailChaser
Valakas

TailChaser is on a distinguished road

I looked at the items and equipment library and was rather disappointed. I found only one result for a masterwork SOM (and the dev used the name HOLY SPIRIT lacked any sense of imagination or creativity). I was hoping to find different types of SOM masterworks from increasing heals, decrease mp, increase magic damage, increase hp, increase cp, etc. I mean when I get something polished I was hoping to get surprised with what comes out.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #24
serelina
Remnant Diabolist

serelina is a jewel in the roughserelina is a jewel in the roughserelina is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailChaser View Post
I looked at the items and equipment library and was rather disappointed. I found only one result for a masterwork SOM (and the dev used the name HOLY SPIRIT lacked any sense of imagination or creativity). I was hoping to find different types of SOM masterworks from increasing heals, decrease mp, increase magic damage, increase hp, increase cp, etc. I mean when I get something polished I was hoping to get surprised with what comes out.
don't you think there's enough fuzzy math in this game as it is?
serelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
Trism
Thunder Wyrm

Trism is an unknown quantity at this point

Now lets get this straight.

As I understand it you can't even get a Masterwork main body armor/robe anymore. It says it plainly in the Gracia Final notes.

There are definately still some in the game, but the best you can do with it if its a one piece is +4 it and then trade it in with mammon to get a masterwork boot, glove, or helmet which gets to keep the +4 enchant I have been told.

The part where I got confused reading this thread was you people seem to be indicating that if your wearing the standard/improved main body armor piece that DOES gives the set bonus that you don't get the masterwork bonuses from the boots, gloves, and helmet. As I understand things you most certainly do.

As I understand things if you use the regular/improved main body that gives the set bonus you can then add a masterwork helmet, boot, and glove and get your set bonus and the masterwork bonuses on the gloves, boots, and helmet. Since there is no such thing as getting a masterwork main body armor/robe anymore there is no longer a conflict in terms of not getting the set bonus at all while using the masterwork accesories.

The only exception of course is if you still have one of the old armor/robes which can now be exchanged with Mammon into a regular/improved version that does give the set bonus which would be a total waste.

The old master work armors/robes can instead be traded with Mammon for your choice of a boot, glove, or helmet of Foundation/Masterwork quality. Much better than just having him turn it back into a regular/improved version so you can get the set bonus.
Trism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #26
H4zard
Elpy

H4zard is an unknown quantity at this point

You replied to a thread that was last posted in December.

I can confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt that Masterwork is "fixed". Now as long as u have a regular main piece you will get that bonus + additional bonus from each additional masterwork item you have for a set.
H4zard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #27
Sharazade
Thunder Wyrm

Sharazade is on a distinguished road

4 mattk 1 speed each prt from mw arcana i wouldnt call that fixed k u get 12 mattk and 3 speed wohooo

dunno what the developers gets through his mind when he created masterwork major arcana but arcana really really really sucks
Sharazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #28
serelina
Remnant Diabolist

my IC is much better than that MA bonus.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #29
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharazade View Post
4 mattk 1 speed each prt from mw arcana i wouldnt call that fixed k u get 12 mattk and 3 speed wohooo

dunno what the developers gets through his mind when he created masterwork major arcana but arcana really really really sucks
maybe you should just set your crafting abilities on getting s80; a far better use of time, and a far better gear set.

boink bonk
What sick man sends Baby to fight me?
Spudnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #30
H4zard
Elpy

H4zard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharazade View Post

I would assume that you also have increase stun resist, concentration, and weight limit in addition to that. If so then that's is pretty nice. Also +11 runspeed is pretty nice on a mage.

And for me as a tank I prefer my Masterworks IC to s80 but that's because the s80 tank bonus kinda blows.
H4zard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #31
serelina
Remnant Diabolist

i'm just not 80 yet so i haven't even looked at the bonus's's's for s80 and up.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #32
bel
Beleth's Slave

bel will become famous soon enough

well.... Sisnce the time I started this thread, I managed to craft Masterwork IC set (almost all parts are masterwork except for Gaiters). And I can tell you that Masterwork IC set adds 1000 hp points to my -11con dwarf. I bet with +6 main body and found. IC Gaiters it will give me around 1500 hp... which is freakshly awesome!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #33
TailChaser
Valakas

TailChaser is on a distinguished road

Masterworks DC and tallum robe pieces disappointed. The library says they have faster cast speed but not in the game. Some of the other pieces are nice, though. There's a certain feature (or bug, depending on your perspective) that make it worth getting them.

Last edited by TailChaser; 05-28-2009 at 12:55 AM.
TailChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:14 AM   #34
serelina
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by woonaloow View Post
well.... Sisnce the time I started this thread, I managed to craft Masterwork IC set (almost all parts are masterwork except for Gaiters). And I can tell you that Masterwork IC set adds 1000 hp points to my -11con dwarf. I bet with +6 main body and found. IC Gaiters it will give me around 1500 hp... which is freakshly awesome!!!!!!!!!
you know you can +6 the masterwork pieces too, right?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #35
bel
Beleth's Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by serelina View Post
you know you can +6 the masterwork pieces too, right?
you know it's kinda 2bil + for each part, right? ) (if not more). So, basically I prefer to buy Frintezza or +10 draconic instead of ****ty "S" gear
Old 05-28-2009, 05:33 AM   #36
Trism
Thunder Wyrm

Trism is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailChaser View Post
Masterworks DC and tallum robe pieces disappointed. The library says they have faster cast speed but not in the game. Some of the other pieces are nice, though. There's a certain feature (or bug, depending on your perspective) that make it worth getting them.
Could you explain more clearly about the DC set?

Are you saying the cast speed bonus does not work?

What feature (bug) is it that your refering to?
Trism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #37
serelina
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
you know it's kinda 2bil + for each part, right? ) (if not more). So, basically I prefer to buy Frintezza or +10 draconic instead of ****ty "S" gear
each piece of MW IC is 2 bil on your server? hmm...wonder if i could trade my IC set for boss jewels?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:40 AM   #38
bel
Beleth's Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by serelina View Post
each piece of MW IC is 2 bil on your server? hmm...wonder if i could trade my IC set for boss jewels?
no, man. It costs AT LEAST 2bil + to make it +6. I was talking about +6...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #39
serelina
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
no, man. It costs AT LEAST 2bil + to make it +6. I was talking about +6...
ah. context is a b.