Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 11-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
Black Star
Tainted Zombie

Black Star is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about clan banner?

Hi!

Once set, can I change the clan banner again?I mean, it's not one banner image per clan forever.If I change my mind, can I change it with another image?
Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

Black Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
jkoster
Baylor

jkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nice
Default Re: Question about clan banner?

You would change your clan crest the same way you initially set it. Simply go to your clan window (Alt+N) and click the [Edit Crest] button. Click [Set Crest], and then type in the path to the image you wish to use.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
Black Star
Tainted Zombie

Thanks!
This is a relief! phew...
Old 11-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
Black Star
Tainted Zombie

And another, question : can it be a transparent .png? I have seen that other have it transparent.Thank you!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #5
jkoster
Baylor

jkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nice

Source: http://www.lineage2.com/Knowledge/clan_actions.html
Edit Emblem
The Edit Emblem button allows a clan member with privileges to change the clan crest and clan insignia for clans that are level 3 and above.
The crest must be 16x12 pixels and saved in 256 color *.bmp file format.
The clan insignia is a customized symbol for the clan shield for clans with possession of a castle or clan hall. The insignia can be registered as a 64*64 pixel 256 color bmp file.
Emphasis added. From the instructions, your clan crest must be a .bmp file, which rules out the use of transparent .png files.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #6
PyroAmos
Grave Predator

PyroAmos is on a distinguished road

I dunno about lin2, but lin1 true-black was transparent (so if you wanted black on your emblem, you had to actually use very-very dark brown, cause true-black would just put a hole in your emblem)... dunno if theres an equivelant in lin2 for transparency.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #7
Mosvani
Hungry Spirit

Mosvani is on a distinguished road

Yes, you can have transparency in your emblem.

No, I can't tell you how to do it. I'm sure there are some graphic artists around here who can though.
Mosvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
LemonOP
Hungry Spirit

LemonOP is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen some clan tags that at first look like they have a transparent background (such as a tag that looks like a shield), but looking closer, they do not. ^_^ I have yet to see a clan tag in L2 that actually does have a transparent background, and as far as I know from my graphic knowledge, you can not have a transparent background with a .bmp (that's where png and gif comes in :P )

Also, a handy tip: save the clan tag image in your L2 system folder. That way, when you "edit emblem" and it asks for the file path, you can just type in the file name (such as emblem.bmp) Saves the hassle of typing out the entire thing.

Last edited by LemonOP; 11-26-2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: File directory
LemonOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #9
Mosvani
Hungry Spirit

Mosvani is on a distinguished road

I recall 4 or so years ago there were lots of threads on orphus and here about how you can make transparent emblems. So unless they have changed emblems since prelude/C1, then yes, there is a way.

Ok, I've not tested this, so I'm not sure it will still work. Give it a shot.

• Use an image editing application (like photoshop) to make an image with 1 transparency layer, and save it as a gif.
  • Once you have a gif image, which isn't supported by L2, you have to convert it into bmp.
  • Open up MS paint, and load the gif. Save the image as a 256 color bmp.
Note: when opening the .gif in MS paint it will have a white background. Don't worry, it should come out as transparent in the game after its loaded. It will not be transparent when you target someone and look at the box with the clan crest and their name, but it will on the screen in normal view.

Last edited by Mosvani; 11-26-2008 at 08:45 PM. Reason: adding instructions
Mosvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
Tamra
Elpy

Tamra is an unknown quantity at this point

I am trying to make a clan tag for my clan and I am having some trouble. Can anyone give me any advice? I know it has to be a 16 x 12 pixel .bmp image (I'm using paint) w/ 256 color. I have my picture all set but how do I make it that small? Can I go into Photoshop and size it down then reopen it with paint? Please help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Tamra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #11
Jayy
Guardian Archangel

Jayy will become famous soon enough

this would have been much better off in a seperate thread

but if you don't have any good photo editing software to resize your pictures, then there are online sites that can do this type of thing for you.. I did a 5 second google search and came up with http://www.picresize.com/ which seems to work really well

Of course, it wont save as .bmp, so thats where you have to open it in paint, make alterations to it (the image will definately be somewhat distorted, and not as clear as you would like it... its not hard to touch up emblems with a lot of practice but just try your best) and then save it as 256 colour bmp.

then yada yada yada.. go in game, alt+n, set crest, insert filepath