Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #61
Trensharo
Valakas

Trensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Noble Quest in Gracia Final - "Rumor" I heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeQueen View Post
so basically, trensharo likes to ***** that they changed **** to be easier, it just wasnt easy for him, QQ

fyi, they changed how the rewards for oly works, which probably ties into the easier noble thing, since u cant get lvl 83 books anywhere else and it was impossible to get that amount of gate passes previously unless you made hero a few times
It wasn't difficult for me.

My sub was 40-65 in 4 days. It only took me a long time becuase I take long breaks from the game (4+ months at a time) :P

I could have been noble a year ago if I chose to do it (level it up, already had an SE 7x just needed to kill mobs whoa so difficult on a nuker!!!).

The reagents were free (friends) and the raid boss I got within 2 days.

Rage more.

I want to know why they deleting a game mechanic that wasn't all that difficult to obtain to begin with.

If Baium was an issue, then they could have changed that part of the quest to something else. Hell, they could have removed the sub quests and replaced it with one quest "Kill a Mob in Blazing Swamp" and I wouldn't have cared as much... Subless nobles sounds gae, however...
Old 04-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #62
BladeQueen
Hungry Spirit

BladeQueen is an unknown quantity at this point

no you didnt, you deliberately started this topic to give you something to argue about, cuz thats what you do
nearly all your posts on any board have you arguing something

i already mentioned why they changed it, cuz you need to be noble to do the new oly
the same reason they added noob buffs, shadow items, and common items and took out all the spellbook drops, cuz people shouldnt have to run around lvling slowly in ghost towns with no buffs and no other players and scrapping along with no gear only because the game is 5 years old and doesnt have an influx of new players like it did years ago

the same reason people shouldnt have to spend time killing 4 bosses, stabbing baium, lvling a new sub to 75, doing another 4 quests which involves killing another boss that the largest population of players in korea which is lvl 78-79 cant do, just to do 9 matches in the oly every month

get a clue
BladeQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #63
Shinnai
Remnant Diabolist

Shinnai will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeQueen View Post
no you didnt, you deliberately started this topic to give you something to argue about, cuz thats what you do
nearly all your posts on any board have you arguing something

i already mentioned why they changed it, cuz you need to be noble to do the new oly
the same reason they added noob buffs, shadow items, and common items and took out all the spellbook drops, cuz people shouldnt have to run around lvling slowly in ghost towns with no buffs and no other players and scrapping along with no gear only because the game is 5 years old and doesnt have an influx of new players like it did years ago

the same reason people shouldnt have to spend time killing 4 bosses, stabbing baium, lvling a new sub to 75, doing another 4 quests which involves killing another boss that the largest population of players in korea which is lvl 78-79 cant do, just to do 9 matches in the oly every month

get a clue
Sowwy but if you are unable to do the baium quest, lvl a sub to 75 and do the nooblessequest you kinda dont deserve to get 83 books or "bossjewels" from oly.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #64
Armenua
Beleth's Slave

Armenua has a spectacular aura about themArmenua has a spectacular aura about them

I might agree with that statement, Shinnai, but I'm more of a mind like Bladequeen. That Subclass noblesse quest is pretty out of date, especially keeping in mind the current state of top levels. You could also say that someone doesn't deserve to be 2nd class if they don't complete those horrific 3 2nd class tests... yet... here we are where you can buy the completetion at an NPC, and like I mentioned earlier in the thread, the HB quest being completed by 3 ports to visit NPCs instead of a solid week (if you are lucky) killing 4 bosses and gathering talons and stingers etc etc.

The game moves on. The focus is always on the accomplishments to the higher levels and if more and more people are higher levels, the new players need a bit of streamlining to catch up.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #65
Ashleigh
Grave Predator

Ashleigh is on a distinguished road

I'm not one of those guys who says, "I had to suffer through it so I think everybody else should too", but I don't think the quests were that hard and I do think that noble was something that was and should be hard to get and should take time. If the quests to get badges take a lot of time I'm ok with that replacing Barakiel for noble and the other noble quests. If you want a sub and the skills for your main you get along with that you still have to do toi and baium right? One fix I think would be nice would be to make all toi bosses and barakiel like lvl 76-78 bosses so they could be killed by the higher level players.

For me all I can really see are all the buffer boxes that will become nobles without subclasses for oly point feeding without having to spend the time to lose the boxed buffer while it levels a subclass for noble. I think it will make it harder for the small clans/untagged to get hero since all big clans have lots of buffers that are 78+ that will be able to feed points.
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #66
mcBuff
Remnant Diabolist

mcBuff will become famous soon enoughmcBuff will become famous soon enough

At least people even know they won't win will participate coz of the new award system.

Quote:
Points and Rewards
• As the reward point gaps were too big, Olympiad points have been changed to the following:
Rank 1 - Top 1 % - 120 Points awarded
Rank 2 - Top 10% - 80 Points awarded
Rank 3 - Top 25% - 55 Points awarded
Rank 4 - Top 50 - 35 Points awarded
Rank 5 - All participants below 50% - 20 Points awarded
I don't know how people can box a buffer in oly (as in playing more than 1 screen at a time) when they are attending matches with their main class. How can they feed points? They won't be doing 3v3, so it's only Open or CB. CB - are they going to be better than the main ones? Open - they have the gears to compete against others? Wouldn't it be good for the smaller clans to utilize such opportunity to compete against people that never really played a buffer properly as well?
mcBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #67
Ashleigh
Grave Predator

Ashleigh is on a distinguished road

Big clans right now with only 5 pp's can pass points and become hero...imagine what they could do if they had 20 pp's to pass points instead of just the 5? There are a lot of lvl 78 pp's out there (lvl'd to 78 for POF and then oop from there on). Big clans know when they are getting interrupted and know when to stop signing if there is somebody else there that can take points.

I do agree that for some it will be fun to do oly that haven't been able to before, but I don't think it will even the playing field at all for small clans/untags but will actually make it easier for big clans to ensure they will win.
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #68
BordrX
Remnant Diabolist

BordrX will become famous soon enoughBordrX will become famous soon enough

Ashleigh ... you 're talking C5, PPs arent worth any points any more. Titans/Summoners/PKs ok they can farm open, but PPs? nah

Point feeding is based on a few toons farming open ie getting points from randoms and giving them back to their clamates. Having your own no use chars signed in open is basically an open invitation to rival clans to come farm you.
BordrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #69
Trensharo
Valakas

Trensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the roughTrensharo is a jewel in the rough

1. It's not PP-specific, she's using PP as an example because it's a very common buffbot class. It will probably be the first class to see a huge influx of nobles in Olympiad. It will be a free hero for top clans because they usually PL their buffers to high levels and they usually have to gear to put on them to win in Class-based Olympiad...

2. No. Feeding can be done in class comp. Log in and watch the current olympiad and you'll see the majority of both open and class competitions are feeds during the month - up until the last week or so when people start zerging the olympiad.

You only need to feed in open if you are lacking in nobles in that class and if the class is a factor hero.

And of course if you have another character who can farm points, I guess you're free to feed yourself...
Old 04-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #70
Cabbie
Beleth's Slave

Cabbie will become famous soon enoughCabbie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trensharo View Post
I will never forgive NCSoft for this....

I want a divorce.
Done - she (NC) will keep all of her's and talk half of your's.

sorry .. could not resist.

I am looking forward to this - even if I will get my @ss handed to me, at least I can have fun with it... and WOOT - noble ports.
"Overall, Cabbie is right" - Sace Sept 21, 2010
Cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #71
Rosalina
Guardian Archangel

Rosalina is on a distinguished road

Latest from PTS...

You need to give the Territory NPC __100 Territory badges__ to become a noble.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #72
olgen
Guardian Archangel

olgen is on a distinguished road

is that npc available to everyone or to the castle or fort owners only?

how hard is it to farm badges? what is the realistical number of badges random unaffiliated person can get in a single siege?

i think most people here consider it very easy to get those badges.. as i see it it's easier to kill 4 rbs (not kill actually, just be there when some1 else kills it and login at the right moment to talk with a box) and then xp to 75.. oh yeah it can be easier if you can't kill barakiel even with all your boxed characters logged in!
olgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #73
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalina View Post
Latest from PTS...

You need to give the Territory NPC __100 Territory badges__ to become a noble.
good info. thanks. +cred for you.

but lets say you get 1 per quest accomplished, for the 10 or so quests per territory war, it works out to the same amount of time spent, but 10x less effort. no questing apart from the ones thrust upon you during the war.

its a good alternative i guess.

boink bonk
What sick man sends Baby to fight me?
Spudnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #74
Vitellious
Purgatory Shadow

Vitellious is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trensharo View Post
I heard from a friend of mine in game that you can get Noble without having a sub class by paying for it with items from the Air Sieges. Is this correct?

1000 subless Alts/Buffers to feed in Olympiad?

Just looking for a confirmation to the affirmative or negative. Thanks!
This feature makes me feel like the first time I got done like this ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Vitellious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #75
SneezingTiger
Beleth's Slave

SneezingTiger will become famous soon enoughSneezingTiger will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitellious View Post
This feature makes me feel like the first time I got done like this ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Disguise the link.
Are there really anyon elft who doesn't remember that oHg5 is a rickroll?
SneezingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #76
Vitellious
Purgatory Shadow

Vitellious is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneezingTiger View Post
Disguise the link.
Are there really anyon elft who doesn't remember that oHg5 is a rickroll?
You know you clicked on it ... you have a kitten as your avatar ...
Vitellious is offline   Reply With Quote