Lineage II Forums  
Old 02-07-2010, 02:38 AM   #21
Thalenduros
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,453
Thalenduros is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
You are saying he doesnt pvp, and then go on to say 199 would be with buffs, do you then pvp selfbuffed? Thats ******ed, sry. Get as many buffs as you can if you are gonna pvp.

Then you are trying to make it seem a summoner goes down in 5 seconds in pvp. Im guessing you never use transfer pain then. Or run around in a set with no elemental defense.

Maybe, just maybe, the class doesnt suck as much as you make it out to be. And the reason you die in pvp on a summoner is related to something else?

Please go back and read the thread. You clearly do not understand what you are talking about.

81+ PvP is a fast event.. and it happens when it happens. You don't usually get to go get buffs and come back.
Yes, I am aware of TP, but this doesn't make you invulnerable... nor does it stop them from the tactics I mentioned earlier.
Also, apparently neither of you are aware that certain things take away buffs... especially runspeed buffs.

Having a pet "in transit" is currently the summoners' downside.
And it hurts plenty.
The pet is both your offense and defense, and having it doing nothing for the first 5 seconds of the fight is pretty deciding even if it isn't a death sentence.

I didn't say SM are bad at PvP... indeed I said the opposite. I said the SM (and indeed the warlock) could use a buff especially in the case of their 81 skill.

New players should not be filled full of crap... the SM is quite potent but has some downsides. Tactics and skill can help a little... but in a world where daggers appear behind you and one-shot you and your pet through TP in similar equipment, its time to stop kidding yourself and the new guys.

Both of you guys have to try PvP above the A-grade crowd before you make such comments.

Last edited by Thalenduros; 02-07-2010 at 02:43 AM. Reason: clarity
Thalenduros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:13 AM   #22
common1
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 125
common1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalenduros View Post
Please go back and read the thread. You clearly do not understand what you are talking about.

81+ PvP is a fast event.. and it happens when it happens. You don't usually get to go get buffs and come back.
Yes, I am aware of TP, but this doesn't make you invulnerable... nor does it stop them from the tactics I mentioned earlier.
Also, apparently neither of you are aware that certain things take away buffs... especially runspeed buffs.

Having a pet "in transit" is currently the summoners' downside.
And it hurts plenty.
The pet is both your offense and defense, and having it doing nothing for the first 5 seconds of the fight is pretty deciding even if it isn't a death sentence.

I didn't say SM are bad at PvP... indeed I said the opposite. I said the SM (and indeed the warlock) could use a buff especially in the case of their 81 skill.

New players should not be filled full of crap... the SM is quite potent but has some downsides. Tactics and skill can help a little... but in a world where daggers appear behind you and one-shot you and your pet through TP in similar equipment, its time to stop kidding yourself and the new guys.

Both of you guys have to try PvP above the A-grade crowd before you make such comments.
+1
common1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #23
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Smittie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 16,367
Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalenduros View Post
Please go back and read the thread. You clearly do not understand what you are talking about.

81+ PvP is a fast event.. and it happens when it happens. You don't usually get to go get buffs and come back.
Yes, I am aware of TP, but this doesn't make you invulnerable... nor does it stop them from the tactics I mentioned earlier.
Also, apparently neither of you are aware that certain things take away buffs... especially runspeed buffs.

Having a pet "in transit" is currently the summoners' downside.
And it hurts plenty.
The pet is both your offense and defense, and having it doing nothing for the first 5 seconds of the fight is pretty deciding even if it isn't a death sentence.

I didn't say SM are bad at PvP... indeed I said the opposite. I said the SM (and indeed the warlock) could use a buff especially in the case of their 81 skill.

New players should not be filled full of crap... the SM is quite potent but has some downsides. Tactics and skill can help a little... but in a world where daggers appear behind you and one-shot you and your pet through TP in similar equipment, its time to stop kidding yourself and the new guys.

Both of you guys have to try PvP above the A-grade crowd before you make such comments.
I see you are just assuming I have never pvp'ed. 81+ pvp actually lasts longer than pvp prior to 76, because of elemental resists and higher pdef of all participating. Just go check some pvp vids, fights usually take a few minutes, not a few seconds.

But you just hit 1337 post count, you should just stop posting now, you will never be more "leet" than that
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSouthAmericaLag View Post
3rd tool sites have a lot of people talking about unban
Guess we know where he hangs out...
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #24
common1
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 125
common1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
I see you are just assuming I have never pvp'ed. 81+ pvp actually lasts longer than pvp prior to 76, because of elemental resists and higher pdef of all participating. Just go check some pvp vids, fights usually take a few minutes, not a few seconds.

But you just hit 1337 post count, you should just stop posting now, you will never be more "leet" than that
OK you have shown how out of touch you are now. 81+ pvp is over in seconds, NEVER minutes. Elemental resists are a joke compared to OEed skills and elemenetal damage or a good old backstab from hell. A nuker has killed me and my summon in one hit, through transfer-pain. We both died. Yes a battle with a tank might last a while, but that doesn't even matter as a tank is not a pvp target anyway. High lvl pvp is way too fast and summoner is just a casualty.
common1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #25
vikobe
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,265
vikobe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

maybe is pvp in explorable area againts buffer or healer or mass pvp for minutes pvp

but in olymp, not is impossible to longer more than one minute against archer, nuker, daggers and others dd, even the healer have special skill to one shot my summon and burn me, it is only against buffer or dwarf i can resist more than 1 minute
vikobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #26
DarkMystiq
Guardian Archangel
 
DarkMystiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 883
DarkMystiq is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

You guys die too easily. PvP isn't always over in seconds on a Summoner class. This only shows you have no clue of what you're doing. Further more, if you're not getting the proper buffs before competing, then that's one of obvious reasons you guys suck so badly. I'm usually out of MP on my Summoner before I come close to dying. Another thing. I've also PvP'd on a Lv83 Phantom Summoner and never been one shotted by a Nuker or Dagger class.

Last edited by DarkMystiq; 02-07-2010 at 03:12 PM.
DarkMystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #27
vikobe
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,265
vikobe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

have you checked their level ??

off course for me too when i fight against low level or same level i am not be one shot, but i doubt one level 83 daggers dont one shot you, he ignore your cp and your transfert pain to one shot you

but i admit for nuker often they kill my summon first before attack me and unfortunaly the mp to heal my summon is more important than the mp to cast nuke
vikobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #28
DarkMystiq
Guardian Archangel
 
DarkMystiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 883
DarkMystiq is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikobe View Post
have you checked their level ??

off course for me too when i fight against low level or same level i am not be one shot, but i doubt one level 83 daggers dont one shot you, he ignore your cp and your transfert pain to one shot you

but i admit for nuker often they kill my summon first before attack me and unfortunaly the mp to heal my summon is more important than the mp to cast nuke
Everybody was 83 when I tested it on the PTS.
DarkMystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #29
vikobe
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,265
vikobe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

because common also have summoner 83 in pts and he said anything else and for me what i see even with transfert pain it dont protect me against dagger, because dagger ignore the transfert pain and cp when he one shot
vikobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #30
Thalenduros
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,453
Thalenduros is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMystiq View Post
Everybody was 83 when I tested it on the PTS.
This is where you don't understand.
On test, no skills were enchanted.
Level 83 toons with NO enchanted skills?

As an additional data point...
I saw your clan attempt to siege PvP today.
Note this is planned and buffed PvP so should have been as you described.
You failed to stay on siege grounds against mostly mixed S/A grade PvE-only clans.

It looks like I was right on the money gents... sorry, but at least your clan doesn't have S-grade PvP down very well. It wasn't even that you lost... its that you didn't even compete.

Also, please tell me the guy whining about XP loss in a castle siege wasn't in your clan...
Thalenduros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:45 AM   #31
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Smittie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 16,367
Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

That guy wasnt in our clan.

Im guessing you were a defender at Innadril.

50 attackers vs 200+ defenders?

As soon as we would run up on siege field more than half our force would lock up from the pure lag of those 200 ppl.

Sry if we failed to supply any pvp fun for Innadril, but under the circumstances it was impossible.

And to get back on topic, no, summoners should not die in a few seconds in pvp, unless they are zerged ridiculously.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSouthAmericaLag View Post
3rd tool sites have a lot of people talking about unban
Guess we know where he hangs out...
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #32
common1
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 125
common1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

"And to get back on topic, no, summoners should not die in a few seconds in pvp, unless they are zerged ridiculously."

That is what happens in mass pvp, what game are you playing?
common1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #33
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Smittie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 16,367
Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

Quote:
Originally Posted by common1 View Post
"And to get back on topic, no, summoners should not die in a few seconds in pvp, unless they are zerged ridiculously."

That is what happens in mass pvp, what game are you playing?
Why would the enemy zerg the summoner, when there are healers nearby?

Oh btw, I'm assuming there are healers nearby, since most pvp parties has atleast 2....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSouthAmericaLag View Post
3rd tool sites have a lot of people talking about unban
Guess we know where he hangs out...
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #34
DarkMystiq
Guardian Archangel
 
DarkMystiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 883
DarkMystiq is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalenduros View Post
This is where you don't understand.
On test, no skills were enchanted.
Level 83 toons with NO enchanted skills?

As an additional data point...
I saw your clan attempt to siege PvP today.
Note this is planned and buffed PvP so should have been as you described.
You failed to stay on siege grounds against mostly mixed S/A grade PvE-only clans.

It looks like I was right on the money gents... sorry, but at least your clan doesn't have S-grade PvP down very well. It wasn't even that you lost... its that you didn't even compete.

Also, please tell me the guy whining about XP loss in a castle siege wasn't in your clan...
What? You're so clueless it's not even funny. You really thought that was PvP? That was a lag fest. 200 vs 50 of us isn't really PvP. None of us were able to move once that zerg was loaded into our PC's. You can't be serious...
And on the PTS I had overenchanted skills. How much do you fail at this game?
I'm not sure who you're describing that was whining about losing EXP off of siege grounds. But, it was rectified and sorted today through some friendly hunting and PvP. All is good now.
DarkMystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #35
phoenixdown
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Basement
Posts: 2,023
phoenixdown is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

PS with +30 Death Spike for Duel has the strongest pvp nuke in the game.

However, the 83 summon is hax. Too bad it has a short duration and an hour reuse.
phoenixdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #36
common1
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 125
common1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixdown View Post
PS with +30 Death Spike for Duel has the strongest pvp nuke in the game.

However, the 83 summon is hax. Too bad it has a short duration and an hour reuse.
Have you even use either of the above? A +30 deathspike is equal to a normal Necro deathspike and we only get 20% of the element to it from a weapon if we have a summon out. The 83 transform was a joke, used it alot on the PTS and my 83 spectral lord hit TWICE as hard. We are talkin about the differemce of 300 damage compared to 1000 damage.
common1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:21 AM   #37
Kanaeda
Remnant Diabolist
 
Kanaeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,030
Kanaeda will become famous soon enoughKanaeda will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

PS is pve char

a nice one, but still just a pve char, considering a real end game pvp environment
__________________

We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 AM   #38
DarkMystiq
Guardian Archangel
 
DarkMystiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 883
DarkMystiq is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

LoL. Your pointless random statements never end.
DarkMystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:40 AM   #39
Kanaeda
Remnant Diabolist
 
Kanaeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,030
Kanaeda will become famous soon enoughKanaeda will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

Just trying to keep up with you.
__________________

We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 AM   #40
DarkMystiq
Guardian Archangel
 
DarkMystiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 883
DarkMystiq is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Spectral master summon skill OE

LoL.
DarkMystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.