Lineage II Forums  
Old 01-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
Dung Pham
Elpy

Dung Pham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SpellSinger is Good or Bad?

Could anyone answer for me a question: "Is SpellSinger Good or Bad in exp training and PvP?"?

I like SpellSinger due to its speed.

Last edited by Dung Pham; 01-25-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Dung Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
brafrod
Elpy

brafrod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SpellSinger is Good or Bad?

Love my Sps. have played Sh and AW but keep comming back to SPS which is now MMuse. Can be good for pvp if you have good accu. problem is you wear robes so you have very little time if attracked first. Also if in a group nukers are always first killed because of the potential damage they can do.
brafrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
Trenshero
Imperial Warlord

Trenshero is on a distinguished road

All Nukers can cast fast. If I was starting a mage from scratch right now, SpS would be the last one I'd choose personally.

Necro and Sorc are better for higher INT and Attribute Neutrality. Their WIT is higher than Dark Elves.

StSc is better for even higher INT and really good Racials, plus they can keep Empowering Echo - at least so far - so they have a huge M.Atk advantage over the other races. Even if you don't keep Emp Echo you will still have a noticeable advantage there.

All Mages can get at least ~1.7k casting speed just with Iss Enchanter buffs. The cap is 1999 and really there isn't much difference between 1.7k and 2k.

What gave the Sps it's main advantage back in the day was the fact that Spell Casting Speed used to also reduce the reuse of spells, so in addition to casting faster their spells would also come off cooldown faster, which resulted in machine gun casting with the correct gear and buffs (could get to 1904 easily back then without epics). Couple that with Ice Vortex and Frost Bolt slows stacking + Cancellation + Elf Mage run speed and they were very good mages. 70% of the mages on every server were Necros (Anchor still being ridiculously good) and SpS... Lol.

That doesn't apply anymore. That affected Elf Casters more than any other race, IMO.

For PvE it's the worst Pre-R Grade Mage class to level. Terrible mana management and terrible DPM. MOBs an SH can two shot you may find yourself having to spend an extra shot every few MOBs just for having less DPM, which directly nerfs your leveling efficiency.

For PvP it doesn't matter. You won't be PvPing in any meaningful capacity as a Spellsinger or Mystic Muse. You're going to want to wait until R grade levels to do that and they're going to be Feoh Wizards. IMO they're the weakest Feoh Race. Dark Elf is clearly superior and Nuker has the luxury of choosing any Attribute without loss and they get a debuff immunity as well.

You'll have the lowest M.Atk and a Casting Speed advantage over the other races that, frankly, doesn't even matter.

I think you can at least keep Freezing Skin, though...
Trenshero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
Lada孿
Banned

Lada孿 is an unknown quantity at this point

Trenshero I see you are kind of a geek in case of mages...

I would like to ask you, what is the difference in matk between a char having 74 INT and 85 INT. 11 INT difference is how much? 10% less? more? If you could elaborate I would be VERY greatfull.

Same goes for WIT.. Having 77 WIT nad 84 WIT.. do you have any ideas about the numbers in %?

I have personally a feoh of kamael race, which in IMM set and on full iss bufss + forces has 1722 casting speed (no dyes).

I'm really wondering how many +WIT I need to put to capp the cast speed? Will +5 WIT be enough?

And last word.. about freezing skin... it is totally OP.
Lada孿 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
Trenshero
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lada孿 View Post
Trenshero I see you are kind of a geek in case of mages...

I would like to ask you, what is the difference in matk between a char having 74 INT and 85 INT. 11 INT difference is how much? 10% less? more? If you could elaborate I would be VERY greatfull.

Same goes for WIT.. Having 77 WIT nad 84 WIT.. do you have any ideas about the numbers in %?
1. The difference is thousands of M.Atk with buffs.

2. The C.Spd difference from the WIT disparity isn't nearly as dramatic. M.Atk is not capped, Casting Speed is. Dark Elves can keep Empowering Echo if they Evolve from StSc so that gives them a ridiculous advantage in M.Atk over other races, while the C.Spd difference remain rather minimal.

Only time the C.Spd difference matters enough to care is in Olympiad when you want to get off the first stun, but a Dark Elf can simply Desparate at the beginning to get his/hers off first, anyways.

Quote:
I have personally a feoh of kamael race, which in IMM set and on full iss bufss + forces has 1722 casting speed (no dyes).

I'm really wondering how many +WIT I need to put to capp the cast speed? Will +5 WIT be enough?

And last word.. about freezing skin... it is totally OP.
1. Dark Elf has over 1.6k casting speed on same setup.

2. You'd want to go +INT on everything. +INT with a side of +WIT if you can afford. It's not really worth investing in high end +WIT tats, IMO.

3. Yep. Sorc/SPS get to keep reflect damage. Necros can keep Curse of Doom, and StSc can keep Empowering Echo, but I heard they are nerfing that in Tauti.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
Lada孿
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenshero View Post
3. Yep. Sorc/SPS get to keep reflect damage. Necros can keep Curse of Doom, and StSc can keep Empowering Echo, but I heard they are nerfing that in Tauti.
Only sps freezing skin can be enhanted for +power after awakening, which on +30 gives you +35% reflect... which is SICK. And yes, there are ppl on Naya running with this buff on PVP

Anyways thanks for you response
Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Trenshero
Imperial Warlord

Correct. Feohs that evolve from Sorcerer can do the same thing with Blazing skin. And of course they can always just get the buff from someone else. Just have the elf spam it until skill mastery procs double duration on it and you're good to go.

+30 isn't economically feasable for the mass majority of people. THe Enchant chances are low as hell and you're basically forced to use a ton (massive ton) of blessed skill enchant books to get there.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
Lada孿
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenshero View Post
Correct. Feohs that evolve from Sorcerer can do the same thing with Blazing skin.
This is what I'm not sure as all soruces in web says only sps can OE for power, sorc cant.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
Trenshero
Imperial Warlord

No, but Sorc still has a more balanced Feoh Build than SpS, IMO.

Last edited by Trenshero; 03-06-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
Ellisande
Remnant Diabolist

Ellisande is on a distinguished road

I played Sps for 3?4?5? (a long time).

Looking back at the class I absolutely hated it (low damage per nuke, no drain, no body to mind) and should have gone Spellhowler. That's also probably why I took so many breaks during my L2 career and took so long to level.

"If the dinosaurs were really as strong as NCsoft thinks, it's more then a miracle how all of them have died long time ago...."
Ellisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #11
Linnda
Beleth's Slave

Linnda is a name known to allLinnda is a name known to allLinnda is a name known to allLinnda is a name known to allLinnda is a name known to allLinnda is a name known to all

Just play SpS for the short skirts and Maj Robe skin :3

さわやかな愛!Linnda (Aeore Cardi 95/90/80/80)
Linnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #12
Ellisande
Remnant Diabolist

Ellisande is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeirToRune View Post
Just play SpS for the short skirts and Maj Robe skin :3
If you want to use Majestic Robe as a light elf you need to be either an Elven Elder or Elemental Summoner. The -int from the Maj robes is devastating to a Spellsinger who already has an overly low magic attack.

"If the dinosaurs were really as strong as NCsoft thinks, it's more then a miracle how all of them have died long time ago...."
Ellisande is offline   Reply With Quote