Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Dev Corner

Login

Dev Corner Questions and answers from the people behind the scenes of Lineage II. Only mods can start threads in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #41
Profeta
Heathen Knight

Profeta is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Producer's Letter

Well, I guess it is less important now, that you have lagg for your pc/internet or because the cheaters use their programs.

Cryo, let's see, we have 5 servers we can see at a weekend 3 servers has sieges at another weekend 2 servers has siege.

I think it wouldn't be a big request if a GM will online at siege times on the servers there your team would see perfectly which players use their pvp cheats.

You wrote in to us, that 5000 clans registered to castle sieges if we calculate average 30 player per clan too, it is 150k players.

I guess it wouldn't be expensive if 4-5 GMs under siege and territory war times would be online.
I would bet, if you would writ to here how much money need to these 5 GMs for their +6 hours extra work times on weekend, that they be online under sieges under a day the community would buy enough NCoin to pay their work time!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #42
Lucozade
Grave Predator

Lucozade is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profeta View Post
Well, I guess it is less important now, that you have lagg for your pc/internet or because the cheaters use their programs.

Cryo, let's see, we have 5 servers we can see at a weekend 3 servers has sieges at another weekend 2 servers has siege.

I think it wouldn't be a big request if a GM will online at siege times on the servers there your team would see perfectly which players use their pvp cheats.

You wrote in to us, that 5000 clans registered to castle sieges if we calculate average 30 player per clan too, it is 150k players.

I guess it wouldn't be expensive if 4-5 GMs under siege and territory war times would be online.
I would bet, if you would writ to here how much money need to these 5 GMs for their +6 hours extra work times on weekend, that they be online under sieges under a day the community would buy enough NCoin to pay their work time!
+1.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #43
Retri
Imperial Warlord

Retri has a spectacular aura about themRetri has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2P View Post
I want to know how you can live with yourselves knowing that you are producing an addicting product that requires people to spend 10+ hours a day for 2 years to hit the top level. 95% of all players are still botting, with the 5% on here and active in the forums. It is easy ofc to level to 85, however to go past that to try to get 99, it requires the same old system of lvling several hours a day for years. How can anyone who has a family play a game like this? How do you expect anyone to play this game 1-2 hours a day(as all games should be limited to) and hit 99. The process would take 4 years. Do you guys ever feel like you are the wrong side of good things? Do you think its ok to play a video game more than 2 hours a day? Studies show it isn't.

Here is a recent study that shows playing a game over 2 hours doubles the risk of getting ADHD.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ting-ADHD.html

You cannot say that by posting statements advising someone to log out after 5 hours and get some rest is a good answer and solves the problem. You created a world that requires 10+ hours a day to achieve end game content, which makes you culpable.

I would love to play this game on a skill basis, and not put my IRL activities off to do so. You can just keep banning thousands of accounts a day if you like, it isn't making your game special. It is just discouraging skilled people from playing and is a complete waste of time. Look at the Steam platform for instance. They take micro transactions and it encourages TOP competition.

not expecting any real answer, i know an honest one would probably cost you your jobs.
+1 for the truth. I tell ppl frequently that they're not xping correctly when they complain about leveling speed, but it is true that this is from the perspective of playing a lot (which many of us do). Raising the cap to 99 in one update was pretty over the top, and I hope that in the future NCSoft would consider doing it in much smaller increments over time.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #44
siulx
Grave Predator

siulx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2P View Post
bots aren't the reason for lags, your pc is. running 6 core AMD at a siege with about 300 people this weekend and had no issues.
Read you nick 300 time to yourself and after that go read a tutorial or something. cluess player...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryo View Post
Hopefully I will be able to change your mind in the near future.
All I ear its promises and for long time ago. Do you want me to post the 1st PVP assisting bot date again? and its still usable, undetected and unbanned by your staff. Don't ask me to believe, because I don't.
Harmony downgrade, you really change my mind. Thx for remind me how Lineage 2 its Bot2Win game

Last edited by siulx; 03-08-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #45
Aisushado
Goblin Lord

Aisushado is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Controversy over the new Reputation System

The change in the Reputation (also known as Karma or PK) system was surprising for a lot of players because, as you know, it can be very unforgiving to low level characters that engage in unsanctioned PvP. The truth is that the game is now designed to propel you quite fast to level 76, and then to level 85, thanks to the changes in the Clan Academy and the new Mentor System. The main focus of the game’s new content in recent and future updates begins around level 85, and it is at that level that the new Reputation System is much more manageable. Although the penalty is harsh at the low levels, this is done to help protect new players and it is intended to provide a better game experience to everyone overall.

Nico "Cryo" Coutant
Lineage II Producer
That actually makes alot of sense putting it into terms like that and explaning the reason behind it~
Old 03-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #46
Malacath
Tainted Zombie

Malacath is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Producer's Letter

Dear Mister Producer,

Regarding the lame pk system; if you decided to let us pray for the wolfs(aka ks-ers and bots) at least have the decency to put back the black judge so we can get rid of pk points in a human fashion. Not every1 has the nerve to gather so many fame points to get rid of 1 pk point.
Make the quest harder if you must, but at least MAKE it. Plz understand that we are human, and as odd as it may seen, some of us actualy play for real whisout bots. And when some1 comes to the only zone you found free, sets his bot there and goes afk, i see no other solution then PK him. And i don`t think you shoud deny me the right to pk a bot, no matter what you say.
Regarding abuses, well, you can always find 85+ perma reds killing low lvls, so your logic is kinda ilogical. And since you need a perma red char to get rind of bots, you can find them almost anywhere nowdays.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #47
siulx
Grave Predator

siulx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hopefully I will be able to change your mind in the near future.
And again you really have changed the minds of alot of players with this New Store Items. (Fail)

Power Shirt ftw , Dyes FTW, Destruction Scrolls FTW
Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #48
Dreamer
Beleth's Slave

Dreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about themDreamer has a spectacular aura about them

Cryo get out of your hole !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
didn't you knew L2 is all about ze dramaz o0

Last edited by Dreamer; 04-20-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #49
Draecke
Antharas

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

you don't spell it as "whole"
Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #50
Elrohir
Shilen

Elrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
Cryo get out of your whole !!!
I'm not surprised he hasn't responded to you. He's probably getting your message translated.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #51
Tiferet1
Octavis

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohir View Post
I'm not surprised he hasn't responded to you. He's probably getting your message translated.
He probably meant that Cryo has a huge ego...

...Or misspelled a simple 4-letters word.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #52
Elrohir
Shilen

Elrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to beholdElrohir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
He probably meant that Cryo has a huge ego...

...Or misspelled a simple 4-letters word.
More likely the latter. I just imagine the message to Cryo was full of these simple misspellings that make it nearly incomprehensible.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #53
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a name known to allLinnda is a name known to allLinnda is a name known to allLinnda is a name known to allLinnda is a name known to allLinnda is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohir View Post
More likely the latter. I just imagine the message to Cryo was full of these simple misspellings that make it nearly incomprehensible.
This be the reason why facedesk and have concussions on a weekly basis.

Linnda: (Aeore Cardi/Iss Heiro 95/90/80/80)
Old 04-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #54
Jorge
Grave Predator

Jorge will become famous soon enough

So who will be next Producer?
Closed Thread