Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Technical Discussions > General Technical Issues

Login

General Technical Issues Describe your client-side, hardware or software complications. This is not a place to report game bugs.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Zeidy
Dark Knight

Zeidy is on a distinguished road
Arrow SOLUTION TO: Game Install/Update Freezes

With so many people having problems and information being scattered or not updated, I have consolidated all the fixes into one thread. Below is a list of all the methods to get your game installed or update working when it freezes.

Run As Administrator Fix:
Quote:
Run the nclauncher as administrator. Many of you will find this fixes the issue. You must rightclick on the NcLauncher and select "Run As Administrator". Then update normally.

You can also right click on the ncluancher, select "properties" then click on the "Compatibility" tab and under "Privilege Level" you can check the box for "Run this program as an administrator". If you do this, it will always run as administrator automatically even if you just double click normally.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Method recommended by "Sace" our Community Manager:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sace
Issue: When downloading the Lineage II game or updates for the game, your download seems to stop at ~90% and not continue.

Solution: Repair your Pando Media Booster installation by following these instructions:

1. Close the NCsoft Launcher by clicking "File" then "Exit."

2. Click the "Start' button and select "Control Panel."

3. Left-click the "Pando Media Booster" icon. NOTE: Depending on your operating system, this icon may be hidden.
Windows XP/Vista: Click "Switch to Classic View"
Windows 7: Change the "View By" drop down menu to "Large Icons."
4. Click the "Shutdown" button.

5. Restart the NCsoft Launcher.

6. "Right-click" "Lineage II" and select "Check for updates."

This should resume the download and allow you to finish. If the download stops again, please repeat these steps once more.

Paparouna Method (may work best for those stuck at 30%):
Quote:
Originally Posted by paparouna View Post

A) Close PMB.exe from task manager if it's on.

B) Close NCLauncher.exe from task manager if it's on.

C) Go at: C:\Users\"YOUR USER NAME"\AppData\Local

D) Delete the "PMB Files" folder in there and in general any folder that says PMB or Plando.

Run NClauncher.

Problem solved.

Version.ini Fix (may work best for those stuck at 98% or 99%):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
IMPORTANT NOTICE
Lineage 2 has been updated, please change your version.ini to the following and repair.
SOLUTION TO ISSUES WITH INSTALLING/UPDATING LINEAGE II

Issues downloading from scratch or updating? No problem, Follow the steps below!

Step 1. Start installing/downloading Lineage II (Once started continue with step 2)
Step 2. Exit NCsoft Launcher (End Process NCLauncher.exe in Task Manager)
Step 3. Exit Pando Media Booster (End Process PMB.exe in Task Manager)
Step 4. Uninstall Pando Media Booster (Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel)
Step 5. Creating a version.ini file
Open notepad and copy and paste the following into said notepad:

[Settings]
Version=x.x.x.xx

(See this post: http://boards.lineage2.com/showpost....2&postcount=18 on how to find version number, then replace x's with the correct version number)

Now click "File" then "Save as" and name it version.ini and place it into the Lineage II Folder
For those with 32bit C:\Program Files\NCsoft\Lineage II
For those with 64bit C:\Program Files (x86)\NCsoft\Lineage II

Step 5. Launch NCsoft Launcher as Administrator, it should now show Lineage 2 as installed.
Step 6. Within NCsoft Launcher, right click Lineage II and click "Repair (Consistency Check)"

Please do not cancel the repair if it goes down to 100kb/s etc, download speed will change constantly and it will speed up.
For those updating this won't take long, for those installing from scratch the download will be 15GB.

Once the download is done and Lineage 2 is completely installed, go play and enjoy!

Explanation: The version.ini file basically tells NCsoft Launcher that the game is installed, meaning you can run a Repair (Consistency Check) which will basically check for what files are missing and re-download them as necessary, in this case all files are missing meaning the repair will download all of the game files, the game files aren't compressed because ordinarily repair tool wouldn't be downloading every single game file and only a few missing files, meaning it will download every game file individually and this is also the explanation as to why the download is 15GB in size, the reason this works is because it doesn't use Pando Media Booster and it downloads directly from NCsoft's servers.

Special thanks to Mtfer and others.
(I've made this thread as a step by step guide.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeidy View Post
WHAT TO DELETE AFTER UPDATE/INSTALL

Just wanted to add, that once you've downloaded and installed the game, you can delete the files with the extension ".ncpatch" from the Lineage II game folder (where you put the version.ini file).

The NCsoft Launcher and PMB try to originally download a compressed installer/setup for the game (the one that gets stuck) which is about 6.5 gigs. After you follow the instructions from Patch, it no longer downloads the compressed version but instead downloads the uncompressed version (15 gig, what the 6.5gig would've been turned into during installation). So there is no need to keep the 6.5gig install files. If we didn't use the work around mentioned by patch, the installer would have automatically deleted these files after install. But since we bypassed the normal installer, it ends up being left on the drive. I don't know about you, but that's a lot of space for me on my main drive that I could be using for other things.

If you'd like, you can run a consistency test after deleting the files just to be sure.

Method from "farmernero" (good for those with slow connection speeds):
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmernero View Post
well, my nclauncher downloader got stuck every time at 99%, but ive done somethings and now its 100% and extracting

i uninstalled PMB and then download it from original site (http://www.pandonetworks.com/games/help) then made a test ports (like in that site, pmb port test) and saw that everything is fine
so i reinstalled launcher without uninstalling game files (youve got to choose this option while uninstalling launcher) and made install lineage 2 again. Launcher found that i've already installed much of files (99%) and after downloading one file (like 10/25, 11/25) it stops every time even if it was 5kb. I clicked right mouse on lineage 2 in launcher and choose stop dowlonading, waiting a moment till the window with update closes and then click on update again. It took me a while but finally every single file has downloaded and now its extracting
Sorry for my english, but i just wanna help - i'll look there in a while if youve got any questions how i did it

for me 6gb is much better than 15gb of downloading because ive got 150kb/s download speed :<

Still having problems? Common things to try:

- Make sure you are running the launcher as administrator each time you start it.

- Slow speed? Sometimes speed may drop to 100kb/s, usually it will pick up speed eventually. It may download at that speed for an hour or so, but after that it generally picks up to 2Mb/s or more if you give it enough time to build connections. Sometimes other download programs such as torrent software can slow it down or cause conflicts. Try closing any program that may be running in the background which normally uses up internet bandwidth, even if it's supposedly not downloading.

- If using the version.ini fix, make sure when saving the file, you select "ANSI" for the encoding type (located at bottom of save screen).

- If using the verison.ini fix you get prompted to reinstall Pando Media Booster (PMB) then it means you are missing a step or doing it wrong. Check the instructions again.

- If you've used the version.ini fix before and get prompted to install PMB again, then change your version.ini file to match the new update version. After you edit and save the new text into the file, run launcher as administrator and run repair.

- Some files in the download may have been corrupted. Delete your Lineage II folder and then try one of the methods again (Paparouna Method may work best in this case, if not, try another.)

- Try temporarily disabling/closing any antivirus or firewall software you may be using (or make sure that the ncluancher isn't being blocked). Some antivirus suites or firewalls may block parts of the installation. You can re-enable it after the game installs.

• If you are still having problems, feel free to either:
- Contact the technical support team for assistance from official representatives.
- Post in this thread for community help: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=232875
- PM me if you have a specific question about something in this thread.[/COLOR]

• If you have a method you would like me to include here, please PM me the information.

[COLOR="DimGray"]• Please try to keep this thread clean.

Last edited by Zeidy; 06-11-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Zeidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Montrovant08
Elpy

Montrovant08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SOLUTION TO: Game Install/Update Freezes

Bump and also reply:

Im having this issue:

The last time i tried to update the game i changed the version.ini file and ran a repair trough the NCSoft launcher (i already had PMB uninstalled from a previous update), the game started updating as ussual but at some point it stopped and just started downloading the full game and reinstalling it, that means it started downloading the 14gb all over again.

Now im affraid it will start doing it again, and i dont know what to do to prevent it.

If this post is not supossed to go here please tell me so and ill make a new thread, but since i checked all the solutions listed and no one seems to be for my particular issue, im asing this.

Thank you.
Montrovant08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Montrovant08
Elpy

Montrovant08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the pm Zeidy, actually i was able to update the game now, a friend on vent told me to reinstall PMB, so i did, and the update took me no more than 2 minutes, now im able to log in and i can play.

Again, thank for taking the time to pm me
Montrovant08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
H4t3master
Elpy

H4t3master is an unknown quantity at this point

I have tried all te solutions but none worked for me again the stupid message appeared:unable to download information.please try again in few minutes(or smt like that) any other idea of what to do?
H4t3master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Zeidy
Dark Knight

As stated in a previous thread, it may just be a server issue at the moment. The last person who had the same problem as you ended up having to wait till the server issue was fixed and he was able to connect to it again. You may just have to wait it out and try again in a little while, but in the meantime, submit a ticket to support just in case.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
Megestorm
Elpy

Megestorm is an unknown quantity at this point

very good

Are there any recommendations to reduce lag in the game? Inside the game?

My internet is very good. My computer is great but when I'm around other players or monsters the lag is strong.

Thx for help me.
Megestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
PhantoMiria
Tainted Zombie

PhantoMiria is an unknown quantity at this point

EVERY **** Wednesday i have problems with my launcher. It gets stuck on 0% or 88% and never updates. I've done all the suggestions above and still cant get it solved. Any helps? I hate this launcher, its driving me nuts.
PhantoMiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
Zeidy
Dark Knight

First, I forgot to update the correct version number for the version.ini fix. I just updated it. Try the version.ini fix again, but edit the file to read the new version number.

Otherwise: Are you sure you followed them correctly? The one that may help you (and is what I use) is the version.ini fix. However, it's the easiest to mess up. If using the version.ini fix, make sure when saving the file, you select "ANSI" for the encoding type (located at bottom of save screen). Make sure you have the right version number as well. Every time there is an update, you have to change the version.ini file to match the new version number. Make sure PMB is uninstalled from your control panel and make sure you are always opening the nclauncher by rightclicking and selecting "run as administrator". It should work fine at this point and update alright. Have you also tried turning off your antivirus and firewall software? Unless you're getting an error message? That could point to something if you are. I'm guessing it just freezes though? If it just freezes, one of the options should work. I should also mention that you should delete the version.ini file when trying any of the other solutions.

If what I've said just now doesn't help, then you might wanna try this:

Delete the version.ini file you created. Uninstall PMB. Then download a fresh copy of the nclauncher and install it: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/launcher/ncsoft-launcher.html
Then download a fresh copy of PMB http://cdn.pandonetworks.com/pando/pmb/PMBInstSafe.exe and install it.
Run the nclauncher as administrator, right click on "Lineage2" and select the update.

If that still doesn't work, then you'll have to submit a ticket, if you already haven't, and wait for a response.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited by Zeidy; 04-18-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
Xme
Elpy

Xme is an unknown quantity at this point

i don'u want to be rude, but is not easyer to do from the start one functional instaler ? why should we players to find ways to play ? i took the instaler, in staled the game then i face at login dozens of errors ..

could be antivirus, firewal, daemone tools, my cat, the moon, etc. One solution is to make a little script if/elseif/else with those errors

i have error code 114 how can i rezolve it ?
can anyone tell me how to handle the fabulos error code 114 ?

probably i will thank if it will work ..
i play l2 from c1 so i not consider myself so stupid
Xme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
Zeidy
Dark Knight

That error is for a gameguard related issue, please check out this sticky: http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=172289
Old 04-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
Xme
Elpy

Xme is an unknown quantity at this point

like few peoples on that page i tried all proposed solutions and here is the common answer:

"I'm back here with a GG error again and not being able of course to login to game. Last night I was playing L2 normally, when suddenly I crushed and since then I get this GG error . BTW, my husband can play L2 normally from his pc, wihtout getting any GG error!.

I tried all proposed solutions in here allready and nothing works.

My hosts file is ok (I only play on Teon, never in any private server, and did not try PTS). Also, I have no firewall.
I have deleted the folder GG, and rr system. Didnt work.
I have deleted GG folder and checked files. Didn't work.
I have flush dnsed. Didn't work.
I have cleaned the cache of both IE and Firefox. Didnt work.
I have rr rooter several times. Didnt work.

Well, is there anything else I can do to get into the game? "
Xme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
sZedd
Elpy

sZedd is an unknown quantity at this point

I've tried all of these solutions, and none of them have worked.
sZedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #13
Zeidy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sZedd View Post
I've tried all of these solutions, and none of them have worked.
I have yet to think of anything else that can work. Hopefully support can find a solution for you.

I want to mention though, if you used the version.ini fix, if you are going to try any of the other fixes afterward, you need to delete the version.ini file or it could ruin the other fixes. Did you delete it before trying other fixes by chances? Or was it still present? If it was still there, I'd recommend trying those fixes again after deleting the file... it could hopefully make a difference. You'll also want PMB installed for those other fixes. Also, be sure to always run the launcher as administrator for each fix, otherwise that could also ruin the results. If you forgot to run as admin during one of the fixes, that one fix could've been the one to work for you, but failed because of that.

You mentioned it in the other thread we talked in, but just in case, are you sure you got every update? All critical, all optional, all hardware... EVERYTHING (except the language packs as you stated you obviously knew already). Make sure you restart the computer, then do a new scan for updates to see if any more pop up. After you update once, more updates tend to show again, that didn't show before. (I'm sure you already know this, but figured I'd mention to be safe.) Also, video card / directx updates as well and all the other ones (I can't remember the name right now, blanking, but there is that one update that has the 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 and 4.0 version updates or something like that? I hope you can figure what I meant because I'm blanking too much to remember what it was, haha, sorry. But yeah, gotta get 2.0, then upgrade to 2.5, then 3.0 and so on. You could likely skip straight to the last verison number, but it can make a difference getting all of them in order).

I know you've tried disabling your antivirus/firewall for the fixes... but did you check the quarantine of your antivirus to make sure it didn't lock up anything associated with ncsoft, it's launcher or the game itself? If it quarantined something, even though you disabled the security programs before trying the fixes or even just straight forward update/install... then whatever it quarantined will still be locked away, even while it's disabled. Maybe go through the quarantine and see if anything was locked up, if so, restore it, exclude it from further scans, and try again.

Have you tried deleting your "hosts" file (or at least removing anything pertaining to ncsoft, lineage, pmb, gameguard, whatever might be in there besides normal stuff or things you've added yourself)? It's not on the list here, and usually only affects login issues... but hey... worth a shot I figure. (Located at c: > windows > system32 > drivers > etc )

Sorry for all the likely redundant suggestions, but there are slight specifics you may want to check for that I mentioned. I'm hoping something was missed before and if you correct for such, you'll be able to play. I wish I had a definitive answer for your problem, but I don't. Just trying to help.

Also... if support does figure it out, please let us know what the fix was. That way people with the same issue in the future can know how to fix it.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:32 AM   #14
Fearlord
Elpy

Fearlord is an unknown quantity at this point

I have tried all this fix's, i've even unistalled NClaucher, Pambo and Lineage 2 Itself. In the end i kept the same problem : When i click update on the NC Launcher it opens the download window but u cant even see it clear, it just frozes there.

This problem started since last maintenance. Anyone know a solution for this?
Fearlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #15
hurric4ne
Elpy

hurric4ne is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 have problem
hurric4ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #16
TyranoPT
Elpy

TyranoPT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, im having problems installing the game, i can download the game at 100% but when it extracting it gives me this error:

File CRC Error

I try to download again and again the game but no luck. It seems the error is in the file 0.0.0.0 to 1.1.0.0.

Regards
TyranoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
rawringlinger
Elpy

rawringlinger is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, i wanted to play this game, so i installed but I freezed at 99%, I tried everything you said, like putting a "version.ini" etc..

I put in a 1.1.0.15

but y question is what is the real latest version?
cuz when I use .ini with 1.1.0.15 I get a freeze when I try to repair.
first I get a screen thats says updating 25% then it goes to 30%
then I get this screen -->

https://picasaweb.google.com/1126786...83501659464594

what do I do now? cuz i realy want to play this game.
and it constanlty freeze.
greats from Me!
rawringlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
Zeidy
Dark Knight

For the version.ini fix you will have to change the version number to match the current game version number. I haven't had a chance to update the post in a while with the current number. To find out the version number to use in the ini file, do the following:

- Open NClauncher.
- Right click on "Lineage 2" and select "Properties".
- The properties screen will show the installed version and the online server version. Change the version.ini file to match this online version number.
- Now that you have the correct version number in your ini file, close the NCluancher, then reopen it as administrator (by right clicking on it's icon and selecting "run as administrator").
- Rightclick on "lineage 2" and select "Repair (Consistency Check)".

It should finish updating the game now. If it doesn't or gets frozen, make sure that PMB is still uninstalled.

Last edited by Zeidy; 06-11-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #19
rawringlinger
Elpy

rawringlinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeidy View Post
For the version.ini fix you will have to change the version number to match the current game version number. I haven't had a chance to update the post in a while with the current number. To find out the version number to use in the ini file, do the following:

- Open NClauncher.
- Right click on "Lineage 2" and select "Properties".
- The properties screen will show the installed version and the online server version. Change the version.ini file to match this online version number.
- Now that you have the correct version number in your ini file, close the NCluancher, then reopen it as administrator (by right clicking on it's icon and selecting "run as administrator").
- Rightclick on "lineage 2" and select "Repair (Consistency Check)".

It should finish updating the game now. If it doesn't or gets frozen, make sure that PMB is still uninstalled.

ty mate it worked, now i'm downloading 15GB again, I will go over my downloadlimit then, but know I know how to fix it =)
rawringlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #20
Phenom
Elpy

Phenom is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot get anything to work. I have been attempting these fixes for 24 hours, solid. I don't understand why Lineage 2 cannot post up an external download link where you can actually download the file and install from that. With so many issues with this worthless PMB, why even use it?

So, originally trying to install/download with PMB active which is supposed to increase my download speeds, I average 800kbps. Without PMB I average 1,900kbps.. Hmmm interesting right?

So what I've been doing is restarting the install everytime it fails and once I get a file to complete, I copy and paste it into another folder making a back-up. That folder is now 32gb which makes no sense. How large is the overall download/install?

By the way I can no longer get it to do a repair/consistency check. I do the version.ini with 1.2.0.3 which is current but it just goes back to installing. PMB is no longer installed or used at all.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezes, freezing, install, solution, update