Lineage II Forums  
Old 02-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
Elgcahlshaa
Elpy

Elgcahlshaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SWS or TK?

Hi, I'm a casual player,I'm not in a clan and I generally duo with my friend who is a Shillen Oracle (eventually Elder) whats the best choice for an Elf fighter in this set up, we generally duo Dungeons and plan on doing so for the foreseeable future
Elgcahlshaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
Lorco
Tainted Zombie

Lorco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SWS or TK?

Plains walker is your choice, with an healer / buffer is the best wait to exp and pvp
Lorco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
Elgcahlshaa
Elpy

Elgcahlshaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorco View Post
Plains walker is your choice, with an healer / buffer is the best wait to exp and pvp

bit late for that Lorco as I've already completed my 1st class change to knight
Elgcahlshaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Lorco
Tainted Zombie

Lorco is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck!
Lorco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Dingel
Hungry Spirit

Dingel is an unknown quantity at this point

the sws is so good to lvl, but when u become awaken, there are so many enchanters, so is difficult get a party..

i really never played as a tk, but i guess is a little harder to lvl than the sws, but have a lot more of survival.. and when u become awaken, tanks get party easy...
Old 04-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
Draecke
Antharas

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

unless you're part of a constant party or dedicated pvp clan going ISS on a SwM doesn't really add much to the player base, pvp wise they're atm the best ISS if you keep your song of warding & renewal aka do NOT learn Wizards Harmony.

Tanks are sorely needed pve/pvp wise all around so will be much easier to play with once you awaken.

lil fun fact: I'm an ex-SwM that awakened as Tank with dual sub class SwM awakened as ISS
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Fathia
Dark Knight

Fathia is an unknown quantity at this point

Go TK, awakened tank is so much fun! I tried Feoh, ISS and Wynn and by far they are the most enjoyable. Wynn would come in second~

Just dont look at pvp as you being the killer. Your job in pvp is the same as pve... protect protect protect. Do everything you can to keep party alive. Damage output is a little low for 1v1 but tank has the best chance against a feoh of all the other classes.

Most feohs will mindlessly spam you, if you use your reflect damage you can burn them down in a second then pull them to you with chain (or stun with lion) and finish them off. As any damage you do on feoh directly is going to be significant, just that you rely on a cooldown more than anything.

Last edited by Fathia; 05-02-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Fathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
Balegrim
Elpy

Balegrim is an unknown quantity at this point

It's actually my first time playing through this game, and I've elected to go down the elven knight path to a SK. I'm presently coming up on lvl 30. From what I can tell, the leveling pace for tanks is just fine. I only started playing last night. Many people will obsess about grinding, but to level, I've found just doing quests is an extremely fast way to go about it. I can't think of too many mmos where I hit lvl 28 in only a few hours of play. And after looking at tank skills, I can say the damage doesn't look too terrible. Much later into game play, mind you. But yeah, you'll enjoy the tanky route if you decide to go it. I know I've been doing just fine.
Balegrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
Diceman
Hungry Spirit

Diceman is an unknown quantity at this point

Go sws and then awaken as a iss. Every party needs one and if you choose to reroll you can plvl yourself.
Diceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
Ceasar
Hungry Spirit

Ceasar is on a distinguished road

Tanks now get the vanguard transformation and as TK you can use a two-handed sword and do a lot more damage. With vanguard tanks are no longer so difficult to level.

Personally though, I've always just enjoyed the sws/bd class.

If you are considering towards awakening though....tanks are always highly needed.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
Draecke
Antharas

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draecke View Post
unless you're part of a constant party or dedicated pvp clan going ISS on a SwM doesn't really add much to the player base, pvp wise they're atm the best ISS if you keep your song of warding & renewal aka do NOT learn Wizards Harmony.

Tanks are sorely needed pve/pvp wise all around so will be much easier to play with once you awaken.

lil fun fact: I'm an ex-SwM that awakened as Tank with dual sub class SwM awakened as ISS
update: since Tauti update you no longer can use song of warding/renewal anymore
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #12
Punky
Purgatory Shadow

Punky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgcahlshaa View Post
Hi, I'm a casual player,I'm not in a clan and I generally duo with my friend who is a Shillen Oracle (eventually Elder) whats the best choice for an Elf fighter in this set up, we generally duo Dungeons and plan on doing so for the foreseeable future

Ummm, the real question here is: Do you like to "lead" your party into battle...or..."support" the lead that takes you into battle...no one here can truly answer your question without 1st knowing what you prefer, if you could expand a lil further on "your" playstyle...we can be more assistance to you

A Tank is usually always needed....if you look in party matching, you will see more Iss's than you can shake a stick at...so an Iss is easy to get

Last edited by Punky; 10-30-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Punky is offline   Reply With Quote