Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News & Announcements

Login

News & Announcements Official information of importance to everyone.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Juji
Associate Producer

Juji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chronos Server Transfers Close December 12

The Chronos server is near maximum capacity, server transfers to Chronos will cease beginning December 12, 2012. There is currently no ETA on when transfers to Chronos or Naia will re-open, as this is based on server population. On December 12, any queued transfers will be processed as normal, but the ability to purchase a server transfer to Chronos will no longer be available.
Juji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
1Peri1
Valakas

1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Chronos Server Transfers Close December 12

great, well where's the maintenance thread for tomorrow? We getting anything Christmas? 3 weeks gives us time to buy cosmetic junk! There better be a cloak or else!

Feel free to pm me in-game on Chronos Bufins or KatSniper
1Peri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Juji
Associate Producer

Juji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Peri1 View Post
great, well where's the maintenance thread for tomorrow? We getting anything Christmas? 3 weeks gives us time to buy cosmetic junk! There better be a cloak or else!
The maintenance thread will be posted soon™
Juji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
1Peri1
Valakas

1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juji View Post
hahahah Soon™ nice touch

Feel free to pm me in-game on Chronos Bufins or KatSniper
1Peri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
Mikey
Hungry Spirit

Mikey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ghostcrawler is that you?
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #6
Tiferet1
Octavis

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

I knew this would have happened...
Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
Fulgrim
Purgatory Shadow

Fulgrim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The Chronos server is near maximum capacity, server transfers to Chronos will cease beginning December 12, 2012. There is currently no ETA on when transfers to Chronos or Naia will re-open, as this is based on server population. On December 12, any queued transfers will be processed as normal, but the ability to purchase a server transfer to Chronos will no longer be available.
So, instead of removing the piles of bots ruining Chronos/Naia, you punish the real players by disallowing them to transfer to these 2 servers.
Fulgrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
Punky
Purgatory Shadow

Punky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgrim View Post
So, instead of removing the piles of bots ruining Chronos/Naia, you punish the real players by disallowing them to transfer to these 2 servers.
Juji is NOT a developer...he is The Production Assistant, he also tests alot of the things we are curious about so complaining to him about the Bots is not gonna do anything...beside bots been around prolly longer than you have...get used to it...and next time use search function as the "Bot Threads" are in there for you to peruse. What makes ya think transferrring to any server is gonna stop the botting or ya gonna see less of it?...The way i see it, ya have 2 choices:

#1, get used to it
#2, dont play

BTW Juji...tell the Boys/Girls thanks for stopping the transfers for us...long overdue
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
Fulgrim
Purgatory Shadow

Fulgrim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
Juji is NOT a developer...he is The Production Assistant, he also tests alot of the things we are curious about so complaining to him about the Bots is not gonna do anything...beside bots been around prolly longer than you have...get used to it...and next time use search function as the "Bot Threads" are in there for you to peruse. What makes ya think transferrring to any server is gonna stop the botting or ya gonna see less of it?...The way i see it, ya have 2 choices:

#1, get used to it
#2, dont play
Juji is our only point of contact and a proxy between us and the administration, considering that contacting support doesn't help at all. If the actual administrators can't see the connection between hundreds of bots and server load then Juji can perhaps talk some sense into them, since they're deaf to the players' pleas.

Your ignorant and dull statements display your unhealthy and superficial attitude towards this game and its community. There has never been this many bots because 15$/month kept their numbers in check. The connection between bots and server load is beyond obvious here, especially cause bot parties are running 24/7.

Without hundreds if not thousands of current bots server traffic would never hit High, thus leaving enough slots for player transfers and NC could keep making that money.
Fulgrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #10
SrStupedHead
Grave Predator

SrStupedHead will become famous soon enough

Ok, server transfers are stopped because the population is reaching it's max but what happens if the max has been reached? New players can't create toons on the maxed out servers?
SrStupedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
Tiferet1
Octavis

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrStupedHead View Post
Ok, server transfers are stopped because the population is reaching it's max but what happens if the max has been reached? New players can't create toons on the maxed out servers?
Unfortunately, if they don't block character creation, everyone with a working account can still create toons. People with toons on other servers just can't transfer them on Chronos and Naia.
That's why I suggested in my above post to block character creation, but I seriously doubt they will do it...
Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
jinbo
Elpy

jinbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
They are closed now, or any we put in place this week will flow and then no more after Dec 12? I just tried for a transfer and it allows me to pick Chronos as destination.
jinbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
Draecke
Antharas

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

we've been here before but last time it would go hand in hand with a stricter & more active gm force hammering bots..

blocking transfers while not dealing with that issue isn't going to help much
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
Tiferet1
Octavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinbo View Post
They are closed now, or any we put in place this week will flow and then no more after Dec 12? I just tried for a transfer and it allows me to pick Chronos as destination.
Server transfers to Chronos are closed starting December 12. You can still transfer, but after the December 12 batch of transfer requests, they won't be made available until they reopen the service.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
Hypno
Purgatory Shadow

Hypno is an unknown quantity at this point

Must say I agree with lots of these naysayers. Fix the bots before closing the xfers.
Hypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #16
Yunalesca
Antharas

Yunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the roughYunalesca is a jewel in the rough

Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #17
DrachaVonDrachen
Antharas

DrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
Must say I agree with lots of these naysayers. Fix the bots before closing the xfers.
How about fix the bots and close transfers. No need to migrate... just create!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #18
Hoobz
Elpy

Hoobz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
What would happen if a transfer fails on that date? Would the transfer still go through in the next maintenance (December 19)?
Hoobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #19
CrotchCritter
Elpy

CrotchCritter is an unknown quantity at this point

I see alot of bots on here, but i would think that maybe allowing for free transfers off chronos to other servers. I would transfer a couple of my toons to another server.. if it was free.
CrotchCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #20
EragonasLT
Elpy

EragonasLT is an unknown quantity at this point

1. GET SOMEKIND OF "BAN ALL BOTS" PROGRAM.

2.LOG IN GM'S OR ADMINS AND STAR BANNING BOTS.

3. CLOSE LINEAGE2

CHOOOSE
EragonasLT is offline   Reply With Quote