Lineage II Forums  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
EltonPecker
Goblin Lord

EltonPecker is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Doomcryer or Dominator Iss? (+gear questions)

Hello once again!

Thanks to some of you I have managed to make a decision regarding my class of choice. I chose Iss and this brings me now to you.

I am very confused regarding the differences between awakened Doomcryer and Dominator and I can't seem to find a guide anywhere. Can someone outline the major differences for me?

About gear. What should I be using pre lvl 90? Robes or heavy? Melee or caster? After awakening I understand I will be a fighter. Does that mean dual wielding and heavy armor?

Thank you!
EltonPecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Tiferet1
Octavis

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Doomcryer or Dominator Iss? (+gear questions)

Dominator - clan buffer
Doomcryer - party buffer

Basically, if you don't have a supportive clan, going Doomcryer is your best bet.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
EltonPecker
Goblin Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
Dominator - clan buffer
Doomcryer - party buffer

Basically, if you don't have a supportive clan, going Doomcryer is your best bet.
so that's the only difference? doesnt dominator have extra cp recovery spells or something?
Old 07-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
Tiferet1
Octavis

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, and it's clan wide. However, every Iss class has a CP recovery spell, but it's single target. Domi's is naturally more powerful, being clan-wide.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
EltonPecker
Goblin Lord

Quote:
Yes, and it's clan wide. However, every Iss class has a CP recovery spell, but it's single target. Domi's is naturally more powerful, being clan-wide.
I think I'll go DC instead of Domi for a more social experience. I will probably not be consistent enough for a clan that would care for a Domi. From what I read, DC seems stronger in Melee too, which is partly what I'm going for.

Thank you again.

Edit: Are the forums dead or the people anti-social? Or am I just asking stupid questions?
Old 07-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Tiferet1
Octavis

No, it's because those questions were asked several times. All Iss classes have heavy armor mastery and dual weapon mastery, and it's generally the preferred gear choice.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
EltonPecker
Goblin Lord

Quote:
No, it's because those questions were asked several times. All Iss classes have heavy armor mastery and dual weapon mastery, and it's generally the preferred gear choice.
I understand. I suppose DC is still the good choice, since most players would just pick "omg OP Dominator pvpvpvpvp i win lol".
Old 07-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
ShakaZuluPP
Imperial Warlord

ShakaZuluPP is an unknown quantity at this point

Some new Dominators played smart i think when last update up... but needet 95+ lvl for that the pick domi but not learned new melody/sonata... the have pvp skills but buffs r still pt base. When the up 99 1 day will just relearn new skills and will be real dominos...

Ps: i hate the all iss have same pasive for armor/weapon... dominos need to be robe base, he is debuffer from side , no to go to be in 1th line of pvp
Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 AM   #9
Shear
Tainted Zombie

Shear is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't do that. Any Dominator skill you learn will remove the old buffs. The only way that you could have kept the party buffs was that you did not learn anything as a Dominator.

Isses sort of have to be on the front lines if they want to take advantage of their debuffs. Until that changes I think 99% will go for heavy armor.

I'd also suggest going for DC, unless you will always have a clan party + replacements ready.
Shear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #10
EltonPecker
Goblin Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shear View Post
You can't do that. Any Dominator skill you learn will remove the old buffs. The only way that you could have kept the party buffs was that you did not learn anything as a Dominator.

Isses sort of have to be on the front lines if they want to take advantage of their debuffs. Until that changes I think 99% will go for heavy armor.

I'd also suggest going for DC, unless you will always have a clan party + replacements ready.
I actually went for my nostalgic choice, the Spectral Dancer.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #11
QugieSmalls
Dark Knight

QugieSmalls has a spectacular aura about themQugieSmalls has a spectacular aura about themQugieSmalls has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakaZuluPP View Post
Ps: i hate the all iss have same pasive for armor/weapon... dominos need to be robe base, he is debuffer from side , no to go to be in 1th line of pvp

All ISS have passive for robes and you can ++++ it up I dont see the problem. all ISS have Robes, Light and Heavy so you can set up the way you want. and far as weapon they all have dual and single Blunt and Sword passive that you can ++++ up (you can use magic blunts or swords also) so again I dont see the problem

97 ISS Hierophant/91 Wynn Spectral Master & 89 ISS Spectral/88 Aeore Shillien

Last edited by QugieSmalls; 07-24-2013 at 03:01 PM.
QugieSmalls is offline   Reply With Quote