Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News Archive

Login

News Archive Older news and announcements archived here.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
Conguero
Community Manager

Conguero is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Fishing Item Exchange Rate Change

Update: September 11, 2017 6:20pm PDT - http://boards.lineage2.com/showthrea...=1#post3569211

Hello all,

Since Neutron made several replies to this thread prior to the weekend with some additional input on how and why this fix was implemented, I'm following up this week to let you know that we're continuing to read and gather your feedback* to present to the L2 Dev Team.

To be clear, we absolutely agree that this situation should've been handled and communicated better, and apologize that it wasn't.

We feel strongly that any unintended game mechanic that gets abused to generate a very large percentage of Adena income, and can lead to massive economic inflation, needs to be fixed as soon as it's identified. However, in this case we do recognize that there's correlation between the extent to which this bug was exploited, and the current significant challenges with earning Adena through in-game means.

In an ideal scenario, we'd implement more sweeping changes to the game to ease the burden of accruing Adena at the same time as any exploit fixes which cut off a common revenue stream. Changes of this scope take more time to implement and test though, and a blatant exploit that so heavily impacts the economy can't be left unaddressed in that time frame.

That said, we do appreciate the feedback. We'll continue to closely monitor the situation in-game and your input on the forums. We'll provide any updates we can as soon as they're available.

*Regardless of how vehemently you might disagree with the change, those of you who are presenting your feedback thoughtfully and without insulting remarks, inappropriate language, or conspiracy theories are helping to ensure that important criticisms are being documented. In order to present specific opinions internally, we need to hear from players who can voice their concerns in specific terms without resulting to making the types of comments that violate the Forum Guidelines and need to be moderated. We want to thank you for taking the time to express yourself in a considerate manner.

--

Original Post: September 6, 2017 12:34pm PDT

Hello all,

As mentioned in the weekly maintenance notification yesterday, we’ve applied a change to select fishing item exchange rates with today’s update. Prior to maintenance 4 Powerful Fish could be exchanged for 3 Elcyum Powder, which made the process of collecting Elcyum Powder via fishing and selling it to a vendor for Adena extremely lucrative. This was an issue resulting from NPC sell values being changed in a previous update, while the exchange rate in the shop wasn’t properly updated to reflect the new prices. It was an oversight on our part that was never intended to provide such a profitable method of earning Adena.

In today’s update we applied a fix so that the same exchange for 3 Elcyum Powder now requires 12 Powerful Fish and yields a more appropriate vendor sell value. We apologize for not identifying and fixing this value discrepancy sooner. Whenever possible we want to avoid letting issues that have a severe, unintentional impact on the game economy persist—we understand that such a generous exchange of fishing items to Adena quickly sets players’ income expectations.

If you ever come across a method of obtaining currency that feels exceptionally rewarding for the effort required, please don’t hesitate to submit a bug report in-game.

Yours,

The Lineage II Team

Last edited by Conguero; 09-11-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
Breeeze
Elpy

Breeeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fishing Item Exchange Rate Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conguero View Post
Hello all,

As mentioned in the weekly maintenance notification yesterday, we’ve applied a change to select fishing item exchange rates with today’s update. Prior to maintenance 4 Powerful Fish could be exchanged for 3 Elcyum Powder, which made the process of collecting Elcyum Powder via fishing and selling it to a vendor for Adena extremely lucrative. This was an issue resulting from NPC sell values being changed in a previous update, while the exchange rate in the shop wasn’t properly updated to reflect the new prices. It was an oversight on our part that was never intended to provide such a profitable method of earning Adena.

In today’s update we applied a fix so that the same exchange for 3 Elcyum Powder now requires 12 Powerful Fish and yields a more appropriate vendor sell value. We apologize for not identifying and fixing this value discrepancy sooner. Whenever possible we want to avoid letting issues that have a severe, unintentional impact on the game economy persist—we understand that such a generous exchange of fishing items to Adena quickly sets players’ income expectations.

If you ever come across a method of obtaining currency that feels exceptionally rewarding for the effort required, please don’t hesitate to submit a bug report in-game.

Yours,

The Lineage II Team
Don't worry, nothing feels exceptionally rewarding about this game.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:41 PM   #3
PhoeniX
Dark Knight

PhoeniX is an unknown quantity at this point

Yet adena drop rates remain abysmally low.

This was one of the only ways the majority of the populace could make money, and now you've taken that from them. Why should they continue to play? Progression is solely through the NStore, but you have no game if your community dies.

Why not implement an adena token much like what Blizzard did with WoW tokens? Players can buy a token with Ncoin and sell it through the auction house for adena, while players with hundreds of billions of adena to spend can buy up those tokens in exchange for an Ncoin balance?

This way no new adena is being generated, but an economy can still continue to flourish.
Also, and this is the big one, so I'll put it in bold, NCWEST STILL GETS PAID.

Quote:
I also love that you guys think that anything exceptionally rewarding is to be punished. This is a game, not a labor camp! How could you possibly think this type of language is becoming of a video game support staff? I get that your internal memos use such negative language, but you're not supposed to let your player-base know you don't care about them what-so-ever. Absolutely pathetic. Would you like us to lick your boots, too?
Old 09-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
Amegakure
Elpy

Amegakure is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on RUINING the Game COMPLETELY!

Mobs dont drop adena anymore,
Took away all the drops from raids,
There is no way to earn adena on game anymore.

What do u think its gonna happen on a game without currency?
Do u think ppl will keep buying Nccoins to get items from l2store?
Mostly of those nccoins are used to re-sell itens on market for adena... but oh wait, there are no more adena in-game, so no point buying nccoin anymore.

You guys did a move to increase ur sales of nccoins, but got the exact oposite, ur sales will drop so much that you will be forced to shut down the servers.

I agree that earning adena shouldnt be so easy as the way it was with the fishing thing
But don´t remove adena from game, the game needs adena, NCwest need adena on game to sell nccoins.

Put drops back on server.
Put adena drops on mobs again.

Save YOUR JOB before its too late.

Unlike you, we dont make Lineage 2 as a living.

Think about that.

Regards
Old 09-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
Mumra
Goblin Lord

Mumra is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hello all,

Yours,

The Lineage II Team
this excuse could be acceptable if u mentioned about this before u did this stupid update but u ***ed up all ppl who were adding thier elcyum in AH for low prices and all other ppl bought them for cheaper prices and reselling them for double prices now...
gz ncsoft u ***ed up evrything.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:46 PM   #6
Asynja
Heathen Knight

Asynja is an unknown quantity at this point

Listen, I know this post is basically mandated from the top.

But people here keep up on changes in other regions, and know the game better than most of those supporting this game nowadays.

So you do need to go back to your superiors and let them know that this change itself is pretty much a pile of hot garbage, and that this explanation you have been told to feed us is just unacceptable.

There are scarce few ways for your average player to make money left in this game without shelling out cash for ncoin.

This has been noted in previous responses, and this change simply further pushes people out of this game by making it (yet again), more difficult to even get by in this game without repeatedly shelling out cash.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #7
__SpOO__
Thunder Wyrm

__SpOO__ is an unknown quantity at this point

One big LOL!

"It was an oversight on our part that was never intended to provide such a profitable method of earning Adena."

That was the ONLY way for players to get adena in game.

There is NO OTHER!

Well, if you think players can collect 50-100b with getting armor/weap modify scrolls...

I am just speechless about this change.

How come in Korea they boosted fishing and here you just come and saying that this was an oversight ?!? Care to explain maybe?
Old 09-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #8
Joytoy
Tainted Zombie

Joytoy is an unknown quantity at this point

"If you ever come across a method of obtaining currency that feels exceptionally rewarding for the effort required, please don’t hesitate to submit a bug report in-game."

Did I read that correctly? If I find a way to make adena in the game... I should report it as bug?

I am so done with this game. I will never spend another nickle on this game. If you are reading this post. Stay far away from this game. Toxic.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:48 PM   #9
Mumra
Goblin Lord

Mumra is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amegakure View Post
Congratulations on RUINING the Game COMPLETELY!

Mobs dont drop adena anymore,
Took away all the drops from raids,
There is no way to earn adena on game anymore.

What do u think its gonna happen on a game without currency?
Do u think ppl will keep buying Nccoins to get items from l2store?
Mostly of those nccoins are used to re-sell itens on market for adena... but oh wait, there are no more adena in-game, so no point buying nccoin anymore.

You guys did a move to increase ur sales of nccoins, but got the exact oposite, ur sales will drop so much that you will be forced to shut down the servers.

I agree that earning adena shouldnt be so easy as the way it was with the fishing thing
But don´t remove adena from game, the game needs adena, NCwest need adena on game to sell nccoins.

Put drops back on server.
Put adena drops on mobs again.

Save YOUR JOB before its too late.

Unlike you, we dont make Lineage 2 as a living.

Think about that.

Regards
totaly agree with u...
Old 09-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #10
Skax
Elpy

Skax is an unknown quantity at this point

In today's update I have applied a correction to my bank account to NEVER send NCSoft another penny of my money.
I highly apologise for not correcting this issue sooner.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
Vanquish
Elpy

Vanquish is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hello all,

Yours,

The Lineage II Team
This is a joke, right? You know what, you shouldn't said anything... Said nothing would be better that that. This is exactly how you care about Lineage 2 and its players database... there is no care at all. What you care about is just your wallets. That was last nail to coffin, at least for me.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #12
DemonicLust
Tainted Zombie

DemonicLust is an unknown quantity at this point

"extremely lucrative"

LOL
Old 09-06-2017, 02:50 PM   #13
Light616
Thunder Wyrm

Light616 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hello all,

Yours,

The Lineage II Team

I discovered a bug: L2 Store
Old 09-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #14
Tatanees
Elpy

Tatanees is an unknown quantity at this point

If it was not intented, how come korea increased it to 4 powerful fish exchange for 4 elcyum powder in the latest update? Please tell me!!
Old 09-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #15
Morello
Elpy

Morello is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skax View Post
In today's update I have applied a correction to my bank account to NEVER send NCSoft another penny of my money.
I highly apologise for not correcting this issue sooner.
I did the same!
Old 09-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #16
KissMyKnife
Dark Lord

KissMyKnife is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hello all,

Yours,

The Lineage II Team
if that true, korean off why have 4 powerful fish to 4 elcyum powder, what you say its only west applied, nowhere else.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #17
sleestak
Thunder Wyrm

sleestak is an unknown quantity at this point

What a joke!!!!!!! Game over man.....
Old 09-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #18
Cloto
Elpy

Cloto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hello all,

Sure, here is a list of ways you can get currency that "feels exceptionally rewarding for the effort required":

1. Make Ncstore event items be untradable, ppl get a lot of adena from events, so anything you can get from rewards boxes, abundance event, hungry horse event, red libra, or anything else, make it untradable, because ppl sell those items and make adena sooo easy.

2. make ncstore items like xp runes, vit potions and anything else you can buy from ncoins untradable too, in fact, delete the gift button, thats another way to make easy adena.

3. Go back to bounded items so if ppl make dark, bloody gear, +++ armors and weapons they cant trade it too, because ppl enjoys enchanting gear and then making a lot of adena so easy selling those items.

4. Make all drops be untradable, dark stones, bloody stones for armors and weapons, mats, recipes, soulshots, crystals, potions, all you can trade in the game, make it untradable once you pick it up, or buy it from the grocery untradable, so ppl can make adena with it because it is so extremely rewarding to make adena sellings those items.

5. Delete the auction house NPC because ppl make a lot of adena putting their items for sale there with an extremely rewarding profit.

6. Also take mammon out from every city and stop letting castle owners putting taxes, and that one is a REALLY EXTREMELY REWARDING WAY TO GET CURRENCY, so they cant make adena again.

7. In fact why dont you just delete all adena and let ppl unable to trade anything, i think thats a fair way to let the game continues and every body will be happy with whatever they get with faming or playing this game.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:02 PM   #19
vaper
Elpy

vaper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hello all,

Yours,

The Lineage II Team
What the lineage II Team does not understand is that you cannot fool peole like this..
People Work for Money... in the fishing event some people spent Real money for taking fancy fishing rods.
For sure it was their choice , but you never mentioned before Fishing Event that the prices will change.
Since people spend real money and their time on this game... The Lineage II Team should be more serious and respectful to players.
Someone could say that this is a SCAM ....
moreover even milk or cans has expiration dates...to warn people.
The real question is : " do you respect players time and money or not ?? "
And please don;t give us appreciation packs for this it is ironical....
Old 09-06-2017, 03:09 PM   #20
DergeDraconis
Hungry Spirit

DergeDraconis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoeniX View Post
Yet adena drop rates remain abysmally low.

This was one of the only ways the majority of the populace could make money, and now you've taken that from them. Why should they continue to play? Progression is solely through the NStore, but you have no game if your community dies.

Why not implement an adena token much like what Blizzard did with WoW tokens? Players can buy a token with Ncoin and sell it through the auction house for adena, while players with hundreds of billions of adena to spend can buy up those tokens in exchange for an Ncoin balance?

This way no new adena is being generated, but an economy can still continue to flourish.
Also, and this is the big one, so I'll put it in bold, NCWEST STILL GETS PAID.

I also love that you guys think that anything exceptionally rewarding is to be punished. This is a game, not a labor camp! How could you possibly think this type of language is becoming of a video game support staff? I get that your internal memos use such negative language, but you're not supposed to let your player-base know you don't care about them what-so-ever. Absolutely pathetic. Would you like us to lick your boots, too?
This is pretty much spot on. There are no exceptionally rewarding moves to make in this game anymore. I would think adding a carrot on the end of a stick for the player base that doesn't involve purchasing hundreds to thousands of dollars of ncoin a month/year, would help you, as they may be inclined to stay with the game longer if there was some semblance of a 'reward' occasionally.

Fishing alone, although profitable, was no means to an end. It was a luxury to give players a reliable revenue stream, I'm sure some folks did their fair share to cash in on it, but for the folks doing it to make a little on the side, this is a crushing blow.

There are no quality adena drops in normal xp zones or instance.
There are no quality item drops in normal xp zones or instances.
The only source for full items are open raids (sorta, not really great) and epic raids (controlled by certain clans).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaper View Post
And please don;t give us appreciation packs for this it is ironical....
Appreciation pack with 10 elcyum powder probably...lol