Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > News and Information > News Archive

Login

News Archive Older news and announcements archived here.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #41
RighteousAvenger
Elpy

RighteousAvenger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Server Maintenance: Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Thanks for the prompt reply, Hime. I actually was asking for the reverse. For many years now, every server maintenance (even emergency maintenance) was posted on the main game web site. We could find out about all maintenance and events by going to that one place. One stop shopping. Suddenly, about three weeks ago, and with no warning at all, that stopped. Now we have to go there to find out about events and the forum to find out about server maintenance. I was asking why you stopped posting maintenance notices on the main page, causing us the inconvenience of having to look two places instead of one. With all due respect, it seems to me that doing so, and especially doing so completely without warning, shows a callous lack of consideration for your customers. So why do it? It can't be that much trouble to post the same notice you post here on the main page as you did for years, can it?
Old 10-27-2017, 01:49 PM   #42
RighteousAvenger
Elpy

RighteousAvenger is an unknown quantity at this point

Yidao is right that if notices of events and maintenance were both regularly posted here then this could replace the main game page as the one place to stop for that information. Personally, I prefer being able to get that information at the same place I go to apply codes, buy ncoins, shop in the web store, etc. but it's no big deal.

Yidao is also right that it would be wonderful to get as much advanced notice as possible of events so we can plan for them. It is also important that those notices not be misleading. For example, the notice of the Hungry Horse event said that the drops would not change, when, in fact, the drop rates for carrots were SEVERELY reduced.

Obviously, we want as much information as we can get, as soon as you can make it available, but it is most important that the information be accurate and complete. For example, people have been asking here for months when you are next going to hold the red libra event. It would end a lot of this begging for the event if you would simply say you plan on doing that event in November or after the Salvation update or whenever you plan on doing it. It would be lovely customer relations if you would just tell us what your plans are.

If and when, plans change, it would help greatly if you could tell us so, and tell us why the plans are changing. I think most of us are reasonable people and can accept changes if they are necessary. What makes us crazy (well, me crazy, anyway) is being kept in the dark. Thanks for reading and I hope you can help improve communication with your customers.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #43
Hime
Community Manager

Hime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yidao View Post
What RighteousAvenger means is that most players first access the forum (to check the server-specific marketplaces, to engage in war-of-words with their enemies or whatever). If you could make a post like this in the News & Announcements section whenever a new event has started, it would save people clicking around:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=273521
You or Conguero can still add a link to the event details on the main page. It's simply to make a new, current event more visible, not like the "secret" Heine Fishing Expedition.

Making announcements about upcoming events one or two weeks in advance so that people can make arrangements (accumulating funds, applying for a vacation ...) is a different thing that would also make players happy.
Hey Yidao, good to see you! I'll go ahead and make a new thread about the Fishing Event. Don't flame me for posting it late. Okay... you can flame me a little.

The plan now is to give a week heads up on upcoming events as we move away from the monthly previews. That should help on what's up coming and give everybody an idea when you check the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RighteousAvenger View Post
Yidao is right that if notices of events and maintenance were both regularly posted here then this could replace the main game page as the one place to stop for that information. Personally, I prefer being able to get that information at the same place I go to apply codes, buy ncoins, shop in the web store, etc. but it's no big deal.

Yidao is also right that it would be wonderful to get as much advanced notice as possible of events so we can plan for them. It is also important that those notices not be misleading. For example, the notice of the Hungry Horse event said that the drops would not change, when, in fact, the drop rates for carrots were SEVERELY reduced.

Obviously, we want as much information as we can get, as soon as you can make it available, but it is most important that the information be accurate and complete. For example, people have been asking here for months when you are next going to hold the red libra event. It would end a lot of this begging for the event if you would simply say you plan on doing that event in November or after the Salvation update or whenever you plan on doing it. It would be lovely customer relations if you would just tell us what your plans are.

If and when, plans change, it would help greatly if you could tell us so, and tell us why the plans are changing. I think most of us are reasonable people and can accept changes if they are necessary. What makes us crazy (well, me crazy, anyway) is being kept in the dark. Thanks for reading and I hope you can help improve communication with your customers.
These are all fair points and reasonable requests. I appreciate you writing this all out to me. I know it hasn't been easy for everybody.

I do want to let you guys know that I am leaving for a short holiday this weekend. I'll be gone for a week returning to the office on November 6. In the meantime, you'll see other folks from the Community team post the usual to cover for me while I'm out.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #44
Betsey
Goblin Lord

Betsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime View Post
Details in the next expansion is in the works. Unfortunately, when we have a schedule change, it also changes everything we've been planning. Now I think we may finally have solidified schedule so you'll hear more about the expansion soon(tm).
The playerbase would be a lot less frustrated if the statements released by NCWest representatives weren't so unnecessarily cryptic. For example, you could have given context on what your team is currently doing to allow players to feel like progress is being made, even if there is no estimated delivery date:

"Details on the expansion are in the works. Currently we received the files from the dev team on __ and began QA immediately. We're still combing through the patch notes and working on bug fixes to ensure optimal performance but we are hopeful that we can get preliminary patch notes based on our current build released soon."

To top it off you put in the trademark after "soon" in an attempt to make what I'm sure was meant to be a joke at NC's expense but the gesture is ill received when you already have a frustrated and angry crowd about that very thing. It's more like rubbing salt into an open wound.

People want consistency and openness. I realize it's hard to be open about everything when you have internal procedures and policies to follow but, like in the example I gave above, there are ways to be open and give constructive dialogue without speaking ahead of yourselves. As for the consistency, well that's a major oversight that needs to be addressed internally. It's something that is an easy fix once proper procedure is established. It should have long since been routine to cross-post relevant data to the appropriate outlets by now, so I'm surprised the issue even exists.

Edit: Also, have a happy vacay, Hime

Last edited by Betsey; 10-27-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #45
Hime
Community Manager

Hime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey View Post
The playerbase would be a lot less frustrated if the statements released by NCWest representatives weren't so unnecessarily cryptic. For example, you could have given context on what your team is currently doing to allow players to feel like progress is being made, even if there is no estimated delivery date:

"Details on the expansion are in the works. Currently we received the files from the dev team on __ and began QA immediately. We're still combing through the patch notes and working on bug fixes to ensure optimal performance but we are hopeful that we can get preliminary patch notes based on our current build released soon."

To top it off you put in the trademark after "soon" in an attempt to make what I'm sure was meant to be a joke at NC's expense but the gesture is ill received when you already have a frustrated and angry crowd about that very thing. It's more like rubbing salt into an open wound.

People want consistency and openness. I realize it's hard to be open about everything when you have internal procedures and policies to follow but, like in the example I gave above, there are ways to be open and give constructive dialogue without speaking ahead of yourselves. As for the consistency, well that's a major oversight that needs to be addressed internally. It's something that is an easy fix once proper procedure is established. It should have long since been routine to cross-post relevant data to the appropriate outlets by now, so I'm surprised the issue even exists.

Edit: Also, have a happy vacay, Hime
Thanks, Betsey.

I agree with your points and personally, I'm peeved myself we are in this situation. I agree if we can share something we should, but sometimes we do have to be unnecessarily cryptic. :x

Right now I'm getting caught up in L2 things and working closely with Neutron. We do have some big announcements in the coming weeks (as long as the schedule doesn't shift again!!) so I'll be working on that (after I get back), and Neutron will be working on getting all the game stuffs in order.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #46
Betsey
Goblin Lord

Betsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thanks, Betsey.

I agree with your points and personally, I'm peeved myself we are in this situation. I agree if we can share something we should, but sometimes we do have to be unnecessarily cryptic. :x

Right now I'm getting caught up in L2 things and working closely with Neutron. We do have some big announcements in the coming weeks (as long as the schedule doesn't shift again!!) so I'll be working on that (after I get back), and Neutron will be working on getting all the game stuffs in order.
Thank you for responding, it is much appreciated. Admittedly, the evasiveness has got me skiddish that we're in for negative news, but I'll remain hopeful as your posts seem positive about the situation.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #47
0neWingedAngel
Tainted Zombie

0neWingedAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well
It it very good move, that u start speak with ur player base(as GM or CM)
It is a little sad, thay we will not have U in next week, but everyone need to have a vaccation. So happy holidays
ATM u are the most humanity CM/GC(excluding Bustey) in this times.
U started treat us as humans, not just like cow, which need to be milk,
ofc it is still not perfect, but u are on the good way
so please do not change into Neutron,Conquero, who feed us(last times) promises, which was breake in 95%+ cases
PPL stop belive in ur words, bacuse u write on thing and do another
U need to understand, that u need to build a confidance with 0 level or from basments
u need to make ppl belive in ur words, it will be very hard.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:10 PM   #48
Sias
Elpy

Sias is an unknown quantity at this point

The amount of keyboard warriors in the forums amazes me.
I just would like to ask for some information about upcoming update, it's been in the works for quite a while and I'm kinda bummed that nothing has come up yet.
Enjoy your vacations!
Old 10-27-2017, 09:31 PM   #49
Aoikaze
Hungry Spirit

Aoikaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything is better with emoticons