Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Fan Site News

Login

Fan Site News Fan Sites may share news and announcements here with the community.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
jkoster
Baylor

jkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nice
Default Player Spotlight: Linnda

This month, the Player Spotlight shines on another of the forum personalities, a player who contributes both to the dialogue on threads and also to the banter that goes back and forth outside of the question & answer. This month, we shine the spotlight on Linnda!

http://www.l2rpa.org/node/679

If you would like to volunteer or nominate someone for a Player Spotlight, please contact me!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
Leonidar
Antharas

Leonidar has a spectacular aura about themLeonidar has a spectacular aura about themLeonidar has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Player Spotlight: Linnda

Thanks for sharing ones again
Leonidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Dat Linnda <3
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:59 AM   #4
Fulgrim
Purgatory Shadow

Fulgrim will become famous soon enough

If you wanna do these interviews then try to get ahold of someone relevant. Interviewing nonfactor forum spammers with zero game knowledge or significance is hardly of any use or interest to the community.
Fulgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #5
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

How about you volunteer or nominate someone then? Since you seem to imply you're some kind of factor.
But hey, it's easy to bash people for their work, much less contribute to it.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #6
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Znipoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgrim View Post
If you wanna do these interviews then try to get ahold of someone relevant. Interviewing nonfactor forum spammers with zero game knowledge or significance is hardly of any use or interest to the community.
I dont think you understand the point of these interviews.
Maybe you should understand the point of them before you complain.

(That being said, i also dont find them interesting at all, unless they interview someone from the staff, i wont care about it, but im not gonna go around *****ing and complaining)

And did you miss its a RPG clan/forum/website whatever you want to call it?
Znipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #7
Bystacur
Dark Lord

Bystacur is on a distinguished road

I want to nominate this guy from rochand who has a dwarf picture as avatar. He seems to know about everything, some kind of genius, really cool .
Bystacur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
kapy1994
Grave Predator

kapy1994 will become famous soon enough

Guess nobody likes that noob Soules and doesnt want interview with the most anoying piece of something of naia ! QQ XD
kapy1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #9
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In response to your comment Fulgrim, most "factor" players could give two shts less about the community side of L2. They're only interested in pwning the faces of their opponents and show those "punk azz nubs who is teh baws." Not sure if that's really interview worthy.

I've talked with "factors" on Chronos such as iEvey, Psychotic, and Life and in all honesty they're probably the most apathetic and emotionless players I've ever talked to in my L2 career. All they care about is L2, L2 is their life, and from that there's nothing special about their experience since they treat the game like a job instead of a game.

There's nothing to like about them in general. RMT and zeeRanger aside, when they play the game they aren't having fun. They're validating their own existence simply by being the best in a virtual world since reality sucks or is boring for them. To them L2 is life, and its a really sad existence, their touch with reality is gone and they're just as bad as some of my friends who turned into hikikomori right after high school.

In response to your attack on my knowledge of game, I've been playing since Open Beta. Furthermore, I usually read off the Japanese official server since their updates are pretty much the same as Korea's. I know about the game enough to be the "1337 scrub p0wn3r" hero of Chronos. The thing is, I don't have the time, money, or care to be God in a virtual world that is controlled by some bad business managers in Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znipoo View Post
I dont think you understand the point of these interviews.
Maybe you should understand the point of them before you complain.

(That being said, i also dont find them interesting at all, unless they interview someone from the staff, i wont care about it, but im not gonna go around *****ing and complaining)

And did you miss its a RPG clan/forum/website whatever you want to call it?
Agreed. Some people think its all E-p33n and no thought/fantasy in an online world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bystacur View Post
I want to nominate this guy from rochand who has a dwarf picture as avatar. He seems to know about everything, some kind of genius, really cool .
Agreed. I think he has (or had) forum presence here before. I'm not sure where he went though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapy1994 View Post
Guess nobody likes that noob Soules and doesnt want interview with the most anoying piece of something of naia ! QQ XD
Most heroes/top players aren't worth interviewing, they don't give a d@mn about anything except their own positions of power of a virtual, noncorporeal world.
Linnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #10
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
And who are you again?
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:18 AM   #11
kapy1994
Grave Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnda View Post

Most heroes/top players aren't worth interviewing, they don't give a d@mn about anything except their own positions of power of a virtual, noncorporeal world.

I feel so important now Q_Q
Old 04-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #12
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnda View Post
Agreed. I think he has (or had) forum presence here before. I'm not sure where he went though.
That's me ^^

When I am in Germany, I do occasionally post here. When I am in China I restrict myself to Rochand though. Don't want to get bannned as a Real Money Trader just based on my IP address. You have experienced this yourself

@Jay:
When you have interviewed kapy/Soules and other true NA community members and don't find anybody else any more, you can send me your questions. But as I said, I don't see myself as a member of the community, so this might not really fit in the concept of your website
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #13
kapy1994
Grave Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yidao View Post

@Jay:
When you have interviewed kapy/Soules and other true NA community members and don't find anybody else any more, you can send me your questions. But as I said, I don't see myself as a member of the community, so this might not really fit in the concept of your website

Who said I'm getting interviwed? o_O
I just feel important for been called a "top player" XD
Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #14
jkoster
Baylor

jkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nice

Wow, I turn my back for a second and this thread explodes!

@Fulgrim: I'm always interested in nominations. While the site itself may be RP community oriented, I've always been a big fan of game community overall (that is why I worked on both Vault and Stratics, after all). Put up or shut up: would you like to nominate someone, or do an interview yourself?

@ZNI: I'm actually hoping to get an interview with staff, but I want to make sure I can make it a good one before I do.

@Yidao: You better believe I have questions in mind for you!

@kapy: I just might have some for you too!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #15
BigBubbles
Zaken

BigBubbles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Who said you have to be a "factor" to have game knowledge ? A good percentage of those "factor's" would just use the interview as a mean's to stroke their own e-p33n's rather then share what about the game drew them in and moves them, they have hero shout already for that.

Anyway's gratz Linnda and would like to nominate Draecke.
BigBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:26 AM   #16
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

2 of the players I thought to nominate have already been, so I guess I'll be the one to finish the trinity. I nominate Dreamer!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:09 AM   #17
iNoisia
Remnant Diabolist

iNoisia will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBubbles View Post
would like to nominate Draecke.
+1
iNoisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #18
Lineage
Grave Predator

Lineage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
And who are you again?

Who's asking?
Lineage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #19
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineage View Post
Who's asking?
I am.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #20
FalconHunter
Purgatory Shadow

FalconHunter will become famous soon enoughFalconHunter will become famous soon enough

What a nice interview.
FalconHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
community, interview, l2rpa, player spotlight