Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Salvation Update Discussions

Login

Salvation Update Discussions Discuss and share information regarding the upcoming update, Salvation.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
Neutron
Assistant Producer

Neutron will become famous soon enough
Default Upcoming changes to Fishing and Elcyum

Hello,

In the coming Salvation Update, as we indicated previously there would be additional changes to Fishing and Elcyum.

In Salvation, Elcyum prices will be changed to the following prices when selling to an NPC (note the price might slightly vary depending on the local town tax rate).
  • Elcyum Power / 1,000,000 Adena
  • Elcyum Crystal / 10,000,000 Adena
  • Elcyum / 100,000,000 Adena

Powerful fish / Elcyum Powder Exchange rate has been changed back:
(3) Elcyum Powder = (4) Powerful Fish

Since this will be a price decrease over existing rates, we suggest players wishing to sell these items do so before the update. After the update we cannot retroactively honor the old prices.

~Thanks

Last edited by Neutron; 12-01-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:00 AM   #2
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Upcoming changes to Fishing and Elcyum

And why will Life Stone Instilled with Giants' Power be kept at 800 HC instead of adjusting it to 400 HC?

tl;dr l2p l2
Devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:13 AM   #3
helvete
Tainted Zombie

helvete is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the heads-up.

I'm very curious about the powerful fish exchange rate, sounds very mysterious at the moment
At the current stage every 400kk invested in fishing makes you lose around 120kk, so I wonder if you're gonna loose more or at least be even :>
helvete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #4
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

there will be more changes then just this as the new agathion system will bring new type of rewards one can obtain through fishing so who knows maybe it becomes again something worthwhile doing..

all depends on how it is going to be implemented on NCWest..
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
Neutron
Assistant Producer

Neutron will become famous soon enough

Fishing/Elcyum rates added to original post

`Thanks
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:49 PM   #6
r15
Tainted Zombie

r15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Fishing/Elcyum rates added to original post

`Thanks
salvation patch note? =D
r15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #7
helvete
Tainted Zombie

Hmm.. let's see.

At the moment: for every 400kk adena invested in baits+shots i lose around 126kk (though I might get some Powerful Fish from the quest as well, but given fishing is done AFK and i don't hand over the quest overnight after every 100 fish caught let's say i lose 120kk - around 20kk a day)

In Salvation, if we assume the price of Elcy goes down to 1kk at AH as well (which is the most probable version) with the new rates, for every 400kk adena invested in baits+shots i lose around 23kk (around 4kk a day), so if I hand over the quest often enough I might even get back what I 'invested'

Sooo if the price of Elcy remains higher than 1kk at AH, fishing will be profitable again. If not, you at least you don't risk losing money if you have the time to keep handing over the quest.

There's definitely improvement, but I still regret investing billions in my 2 fancy rods
Old 12-02-2017, 04:40 PM   #8
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

Neutron neglects to mention the new fishing reward items one can get.. new agathion system will be tied among others to fishing..

them patch notes would be so nice to have eh, to know for sure what we will get compared what Korea got or the other export Regions
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:16 AM   #9
MYSTERica
Grave Predator

MYSTERica will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
Hmm.. let's see.

At the moment: for every 400kk adena invested in baits+shots i lose around 126kk (though I might get some Powerful Fish from the quest as well, but given fishing is done AFK and i don't hand over the quest overnight after every 100 fish caught let's say i lose 120kk - around 20kk a day)

In Salvation, if we assume the price of Elcy goes down to 1kk at AH as well (which is the most probable version) with the new rates, for every 400kk adena invested in baits+shots i lose around 23kk (around 4kk a day), so if I hand over the quest often enough I might even get back what I 'invested'

Sooo if the price of Elcy remains higher than 1kk at AH, fishing will be profitable again. If not, you at least you don't risk losing money if you have the time to keep handing over the quest.

There's definitely improvement, but I still regret investing billions in my 2 fancy rods
What is noteworthy is the amound of exp you get from fishing. If you check the screens from Aram, on which he uses regular fishing rod (not a fancy one), he gets 96mil from a lvl102 bait, 169mil from lvl105 bait (I assume the catches were either Nible or Ugly fish rather than box or Powerful fish).

Like Draecke mentioned, the new motivation to hop on the fishing train is the source of the agathion pieces/items which is unknown at this moment.
MYSTERica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #10
araoncro
Tainted Zombie

araoncro is an unknown quantity at this point

you mean if it doesnt get removed since it could be overly profitable?
araoncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:25 PM   #11
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

For everybody:

With the Stardust and Zodiac Cube Fragments you can obtain from fished Red Boxes you can - in Korea - purchase from any Fishing Guild Member a Seed Bracelet or a Zodiac Cube, which upon double-clicking gives you a random Zodiac Agathion Charm to be put into the Bracelet:

http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic....tart=30#p36773
(Special thanks to Aram for the information!)

Being able to obtain these things by in-game means aka Fishing could indeed be considered as overly profitable, and therefore NCWest might decide to remove them from the sales catalogue of the Fishing Guild, selling them in the L2Store instead.

Please everybody also read what Draecke wrote here:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthrea...4520&page=3#60

Those Zodiac Agathions should never have been introduced in the first place, and now NCsoft is paying the price for their greed. The best solution might be to simply delete them all and ride out the storm. History teaches us that people certainly won't stop using the L2Store just because they lost a few thousand dollars of pixels.
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:27 PM   #12
araoncro
Tainted Zombie

araoncro is an unknown quantity at this point

lets take bets they ninja add - removed zodiac agathons from the "features not included in the patch" thread

gj, gf, lets not add any real content for 2 years now
araoncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #13
KissMyKnife
Dark Lord

KissMyKnife is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hmm.. let's see.

I'm the fisherman boss here, i was the first guy on naia who was reach lv6 max first time, so i calculate your low detailed calculation
Old Calculation with old price using fancy rod
1 Bait 99=24k
3 day=10k "240m" "240 Powerful Fish 360m 150 Reddish that around 12 Luc + 2 rod so i can say 400m"

Now the reality after Update with fancy
240 cost for bait and you get back 200m if you sell everything like luc pot "12" and rods probable 2, if the powerful fish in 1 day its 106, you will get profit, btw with quest you will get around 90 fish max, not even close to 106, not 106 not even close""if we get Powerful Fish like now then in 3 day will get 180m so -60m so in 1 day 20m lose", so its not 4m per day.
try to learn math bro.
KissMyKnife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:32 PM   #14
helvete
Tainted Zombie

Dear fisherman boss xD

I suggest you re-think your calculations once again before you start telling people who know their math to learn it.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:17 PM   #15
KissMyKnife
Dark Lord

Quote:
Dear fisherman boss xD

I suggest you re-think your calculations once again before you start telling people who know their math to learn it.
1 day=3300 Bait=80m / 1 day = Powerful Fish=80 that 60 Elcyum Powder see? 20m diff, where the problem? you need 80 powder that 106 powerful fish.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:56 AM   #16
helvete
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMyKnife View Post
1 day=3300 Bait=80m / 1 day = Powerful Fish=80 that 60 Elcyum Powder see? 20m diff, where the problem? you need 80 powder that 106 powerful fish.
And you're the one here telling me to learn math.... how ironic.

Let me ask you a simple question then:
If 1 elcy powder is worth 1kk adena and for every 4 Powerful Fish you get 3 Elcy Powder, then what is the value of 1 Powerful Fish?

Now go and do your math again.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:39 AM   #17
-i7-
Goblin Lord

-i7- is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Upcoming changes to Fishing and Elcyum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
And why will Life Stone Instilled with Giants' Power be kept at 800 HC instead of adjusting it to 400 HC?

tl;dr l2p l2
I ask the same, the price of elcyum per hero coin will fall by half as well? some CM can confirm?
-i7- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:49 AM   #18
KissMyKnife
Dark Lord

Quote:
And you're the one here telling me to learn math.... how ironic.

Let me ask you a simple question then:
If 1 elcy powder is worth 1kk adena and for every 4 Powerful Fish you get 3 Elcy Powder, then what is the value of 1 Powerful Fish?

Now go and do your math again.

3/4=0,75 easy math
Old 12-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #19
helvete
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMyKnife View Post

3/4=0,75 easy math
Correct. So how did you get the 20m difference if 1 Powerful Fish is 750k? 20m is when its value is 500k.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:41 AM   #20
KissMyKnife
Dark Lord

Quote:
Correct. So how did you get the 20m difference if 1 Powerful Fish is 750k? 20m is when its value is 500k.
in 1 day with fancy you will eat 3300, that 3300x24,000=79,2m + shot, so 80m, and 1 day normally you will get 80 powerful fish 80x0.75=60m but this 80 powerful fish will be rare, average its 75, that 56m, can be lower rate if fishing toons come back.

Last edited by KissMyKnife; 12-04-2017 at 09:16 AM.