Lineage II Forums  
Old 11-12-2010, 04:34 AM   #1
Fish_Hunter
Tainted Zombie

Fish_Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best end game weapon for Titan

Hello,

which do you think is the best weapon for a 84lvl Titan in the game?
If needed distinguish between pvp, oly, pve

My main consideration is Dyn Crusher Rsk Focus against S84 swords and blunts.

With blunts you get 2x crit damage on skills (critical chance on skills affected by STR)
Do you also get 2x damage on normal hits with blunt?
Swords you get higher crit rate on normal hits

Rsk focus gives you increase on crit rate on a weapon that gives you high damage on crit skills. I guess they try to combine both 2x on skills crit and higher crit rate on normal

wouldn't be better to have a S84 blunt just for the extra p.atk and spam skills?

on pve i think swords have better DoT

My thoughts thrown as they come, please comment
Fish_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #2
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Best end game weapon for Titan

I think by the time you hit lvl 84 on your own, you will know what weapon is best. And most likely be able to afford it too.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Hunter View Post
Hello,

which do you think is the best weapon for a 84lvl Titan in the game?
If needed distinguish between pvp, oly, pve

My main consideration is Dyn Crusher Rsk Focus against S84 swords and blunts.

With blunts you get 2x crit damage on skills (critical chance on skills affected by STR)
Do you also get 2x damage on normal hits with blunt?
Swords you get higher crit rate on normal hits

Rsk focus gives you increase on crit rate on a weapon that gives you high damage on crit skills. I guess they try to combine both 2x on skills crit and higher crit rate on normal

wouldn't be better to have a S84 blunt just for the extra p.atk and spam skills?

on pve i think swords have better DoT

My thoughts thrown as they come, please comment
strictly speaking, every titan is a bit different, specially at that level.

why? party setup. in some parties a sword is better for pve, and in some, a blunt.

what you will need to focus on is burst damage vs dot damage.

burst damage will come with huge crits from blunt weapon (2h blunts have 3x base crit damage) where you have ST, WK, assorted regular and Hero buffs. with 2hblunt burst crit damage can multiply up past 56x (which can turn a 3k damage pve hit into 180k)

there really is no concrete best setup for s84 given there are at least 2 grades of weapons for that level, and no less than 3 armors.

really does depend highly on the party, where that party is constantly, and what you intend to do with that party.
Spudnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
CHURS
Elpy

CHURS is an unknown quantity at this point

For PvE: Icarus Hvy Arms with Focus and 300 element
For PvP: Dynasty Crusher with Rsk.Focus

And if you will be very rich change Icarus Hvy Arms to Vesper Slasher with Focus (Change only Icarus with SA for Vesper with SA - Vesper without SA is worst that icarus with SA).
Icarus gives 111 crit.rate, Vesper 100crt.rate - so good enchanted Icarus is great for PvE and at start of PvP (if you are not at frenzy)
If Frenzy/or HP lower that 50% - catch for Dyn.Crasher with Rsk.Focus.

Any S84 blunt dont have nothing for PvP good for Titan (not Focus or Rsk.Focus) so they are useless for Orc's.
If you got tons of tons adena - you can try craft Dyn.Crusher Masterwork and make it +6 (plus of course SA)
CHURS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
Fish_Hunter
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURS View Post
For PvE: Icarus Hvy Arms with Focus and 300 element
For PvP: Dynasty Crusher with Rsk.Focus

And if you will be very rich change Icarus Hvy Arms to Vesper Slasher with Focus (Change only Icarus with SA for Vesper with SA - Vesper without SA is worst that icarus with SA).
Icarus gives 111 crit.rate, Vesper 100crt.rate - so good enchanted Icarus is great for PvE and at start of PvP (if you are not at frenzy)
If Frenzy/or HP lower that 50% - catch for Dyn.Crasher with Rsk.Focus.

Any S84 blunt dont have nothing for PvP good for Titan (not Focus or Rsk.Focus) so they are useless for Orc's.
If you got tons of tons adena - you can try craft Dyn.Crusher Masterwork and make it +6 (plus of course SA)
Focus and Rsk Focus SA on weapons increase the rate of normal critical hits.
I was thinking that blunts are good because they give much more damage on critical hits of skills. Do they also deliver higher critical damage on normal hits?

If yes, then the next question is do you ever use your skills on pvp/oly or you just hit with normal hits? If you use skills why do you care about focus as it does not increase critical rate of skills?
Old 11-23-2010, 01:40 AM   #6
Hyperlite
Remnant Diabolist

Hyperlite will become famous soon enough

risk focus dyn crusher all the way
Hyperlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #7
Brancor
Elpy

Brancor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Focus and Rsk Focus SA on weapons increase the rate of normal critical hits.
I was thinking that blunts are good because they give much more damage on critical hits of skills. Do they also deliver higher critical damage on normal hits?

If yes, then the next question is do you ever use your skills on pvp/oly or you just hit with normal hits? If you use skills why do you care about focus as it does not increase critical rate of skills?
I had the same question time ago. I'm Titan, 77 atm, and only win pvps using skills (I have a HD with no SA lol... =/). With normal hits I'm a walking-joke.

But, as far as I understand, in S80 Rsk. Focus is the best option for PvP becouse blunt's critical hits during frenzy+zealot are stronger than any skill. Even more strong if u land Armor Crush before So in that case, u may use skills until 30% and then only hit.

Anyway, you will always use skills against daggers or duelist/GK. But when u have frenzy/zealot, I think critical hits are better.

Bye, I'm noob so I stop talking...
Brancor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:14 AM   #8
Fish_Hunter
Tainted Zombie

Thanks for the comments. I have understood that the best pvp weapon for Titan 80+ is Dyn Crusher Risk Focus and you hit with normal hits with zealot + Frenzy etc.

But I cannot understand NCSOFT's reasoning behind the existing weapon options for Titans.
If the way to go is critical hits with a blunt, then why you have only a Dynasty weapon with Risk Focus and then all other supposedly TOP S80 and S84 weapons don't have this option for SA?

Why do you give +STR -CON on a Titan if the way to go is to inrease crtical hit rate (Rsk Focus). and normal hits, I would expect that +DEX -CON was given.

On one hand you give +STR (increase critical hit rate for skills) on TOP armor sets and on the other you give Rsk Focus (increase critical hit rate of normal hits) on Dynasty? weapon.

I think it's wrong to have as the best PVP weapon for a heavy DD a dynasty weapon.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
Harkon
Heathen Knight

Harkon is on a distinguished road

SA Health is pretty cool for a Titan too, as you have more HP left when frenzy/Zealot.
Harkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
Brancor
Elpy

Brancor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thanks for the comments. I have understood that the best pvp weapon for Titan 80+ is Dyn Crusher Risk Focus and you hit with normal hits with zealot + Frenzy etc.

But I cannot understand NCSOFT's reasoning behind the existing weapon options for Titans.
If the way to go is critical hits with a blunt, then why you have only a Dynasty weapon with Risk Focus and then all other supposedly TOP S80 and S84 weapons don't have this option for SA?

Why do you give +STR -CON on a Titan if the way to go is to inrease crtical hit rate (Rsk Focus). and normal hits, I would expect that +DEX -CON was given.

On one hand you give +STR (increase critical hit rate for skills) on TOP armor sets and on the other you give Rsk Focus (increase critical hit rate of normal hits) on Dynasty? weapon.

I think it's wrong to have as the best PVP weapon for a heavy DD a dynasty weapon.
--IMO--, Health isn't a "bad" SA. If u do pvp with skills like me, perhaps it's even better than rsk. focus. With health u become a wall of HP, in 1vs1 against any other melee you probably win. Also, u have +HP at 30%, so more hp usable for Frenzy/Guts/Zealot. And with zealot you get a nice critical rate so, well, for S84 mb isn't a bad option.
Brancor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #11
H4T3MONG3R
Guardian Archangel

H4T3MONG3R is on a distinguished road

Quote:

+str increases patk so when you frenzy % to patk gives you more. +str is also a more noticable increase in consistant dmg than +dex is.

as for why higher grade blunts dont have this same SA it happens alot.
A grade and S grade is missing focus duals and no focus SA on tallum blade or DLE either.

you have to choose if you want greater patk or rsk. focus
H4T3MONG3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:28 AM   #12
Scilla
Elpy

Scilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending What you need as End Game Style.
I am Titan 85 and I was using +6 Dyn Crusher Risk Focus 300 element and I also Have +6 Vesper Slasher Focus 300 element.
For Oly and For PvP is better to use Blunt ( Crusher + Risk Focus ) Because of High dmg During Crit Hit, but Also notice that You have this only when you are under 60% HP, So When start pvp or Raid ( if you are Riding ) Your HP should be below 60%. This is Easy Whit Homunkulus Conversion and HP weapon, but On Raid after 2-3 hits you are full HP again and risk Focus Bonus is Out.
Other good option for Blunt is That you can use Your stun skils ( need too be ++++++ enchanted skils in order to Land on high lvl players ).
I prefer to use my Slasher+6 because of the following Reasons :
1. With Normal Hunting Party bufs + Clan Bufs i have 5.9k P atak ( -9 CON +5 DEX + 4STR )
2. My Crit Rate is 405 - all the time not only when i am under 60%, so i have one normal followed by one crit hit all the time ( the dmg is great if Vicious stance is ON and if the same is enchanted on power ).
3.With This Dyes My HP is Still 13k+

So finally if You are only doing Oly without hunting make Dyn Crusher+++ Risk Focus, but believe me it really SUX for Hunting Mode.

If you have enough Money Make Slasher + Crusher and Change them as per situation

I am still using Dyn Hvy Set Weapon master ( Ess II ) with ++++++ atr system because for now it is the best bonus that i can take.

I tried Vesper Heavy Noble but it sux . I would like to make Vorpal Hvy but for this moment it is really Expensive set.

My Idea is that you need to decide what play stile you prefer and this will show you what kind of weapon you need.

Last edited by Scilla; 01-13-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Scilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #13
Fish_Hunter
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scilla View Post
So When start pvp or Raid ( if you are Riding ) Your HP should be below 60%. This is Easy Whit Homunkulus Conversion and HP weapon, but On Raid after 2-3 hits you are full HP again and risk Focus Bonus is Out.
remove VR buffs

Quote:
3.With This Dyes My HP is Still 13k+
only with full buffs up (including D/S) and still I doubt

Quote:
I am still using Dyn Hvy Set Weapon master ( Ess II ) with ++++++ atr system because for now it is the best bonus that i can take.
I would add only for raiding for pvp with -9 con you are perma stun

Quote:
I would like to make Vorpal Hvy but for this moment it is really Expensive set.
Vorpal is +CON -Str so against your setup why you want to make such a set?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #14
1EyedJoe
Hungry Spirit

1EyedJoe is on a distinguished road

best option on my titan(82)i found, is to leave char stats as they are with Dyn hvy set.

i went crusher route cuase i had 1 alrdy.

saving my cash for 2handed sword tho.
1EyedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:55 AM   #15
xKilandi
Dark Knight

xKilandi is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are 84 and you want to be good for all get a vesper slasher focus and make it 300.

Good dmg in PvP/PvE/Oly.
Since you can farm Pro with the Slasher you should be able to afford a Dyn Crusher quite fast afterwards.
Then you should get a pole if you're planning on exping more.
xKilandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #16
__Terry__
Remnant Diabolist

__Terry__ will become famous soon enough

this is news for me, blunts have 3x chance of land criticals on skills???
__Terry__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:31 AM   #17
Harkon
Heathen Knight

Harkon is on a distinguished road

no, afaik blunts have a base multiplier of 3 on critical hits .. (swords have 2*) .. if you do a critical hit with blunt you have a higher burst damage.

the chance to do a critical hit on skills is based on the attribute strengh, for orcs (42str) its about 25%.
Harkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #18
GihanN
Goblin Lord

GihanN is an unknown quantity at this point

well... depends on what you like to do mostly.. i mean raids/farm/pvp etc...
GihanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
Spudnik
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Spudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to beholdSpudnik is a splendid one to behold

a wild thread necromancer appears!!

you use taunt!
Spudnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #20
BERSEKAEL
Goblin Lord

BERSEKAEL is an unknown quantity at this point

2 hands Blunt so far to lvl up, until you get a party, then you can choose Spear (plus vampiric buffs) then you become a mass killer (8 to 15 mobs at time and some 1 pulling them to you constantly to not stop, no skills needed rather than rage and frenzy when left less than 5 mobs standing due to vampiric buffs work with dmg deal).

for pvp either blunt or sword as long as 2 handed you are good to go, and full skills. However yesterday I switch to my subclass Titan to test them and yes this guys are right, 2 hands blunt has more critical rate than 2 hands sword+anger... I remember like 6 years ago the best rate of critical was on spear, but also the lowest accurasy

SA, I go HP so far, due to your unique skills are all about HP.

Last edited by BERSEKAEL; 07-17-2012 at 04:36 PM.
BERSEKAEL is offline   Reply With Quote