Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 10-13-2017, 10:34 AM   #21
Chucksteak
Dark Lord

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The answer to, and end of L2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackl View Post
Both BDO and Archeage did fine with slow travel. You just have to make those distances meaningful. Theywere with player property, trading, and economy all centered around travel. Rather they died to rampant packet cheating and P2W cashshops making ingame player investment meaningless. Progression is the cornerstone of an MMORPG. Infringing upon it kills your game.
I have never played a game with slow travel. But it does sound really appealing to me.
Chucksteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:51 AM   #22
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
Extra: After logging in for a period of time, an OTP will be sent for input & verification again during intervals to minimize botting.
This cannot be done, since Private Stores were not replaced by Auction House, plus, you have built-in client macros.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:58 PM   #23
Wyndham
Elpy

Wyndham is an unknown quantity at this point

At least I hope my suggestion to curb multiple accounts creation per person works. If it does, at least we can hope that any future MMO developers can utilize this in regions where getting IDs is not recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
This cannot be done, since Private Stores were not replaced by Auction House, plus, you have built-in client macros.
This is just something extra which I thought will be a good way to make sure that there is at least a live person in front of the PC.
Just wondering though, in other regions’ builds, L2 requires purchase of time cards & its passcode entries to extend their login/gameplay time. Isn't this similar to OTP entry? It works in their case regardless.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:52 AM   #24
Jackl
Grave Predator

Jackl is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
I have never played a game with slow travel. But it does sound really appealing to me.
Basically you could ferry goods from one side of the world to other. The farther the more profitable. Doing so made you very slow. You could train mounts to carry goods. You could build wagons, boats, and ships to help you carry goods. You could party with others and have a literal caravan.

The catch? People can kill you and turn in the goods for THEIR profit. Thats where the game gets really good. You've never seen people mad until you've destroyed their ship and stole a fortune in packs.

Player farms, property, and dungeons were the same. Different areas had different perks. But lack of fast travel made it so you had to pick your area well. Where do your clannies hangout? Can you defend your hunting grounds? Do wartags invade you area? Where do they hangout? Can you move into their area without them noticing? Sieges. Gank runs. Legit pirating. Drama. OH MY.

But then people found out both games had little to no server-side protection, and you could packetshape yourself across the continent in 10 seconds for easy money/invincibility. Game over.
Jackl is offline   Reply With Quote