Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Player Guides

Login

Player Guides Players that create guides and collections of game tips can post them here. If you have questions please post in the Player Questions section above!

Old 09-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #1
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord

DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road
Default How to make a PvE Yul archer(GC update)

1. For PvE, keep Rapid shot:
If you are below LvL99 and have learned Quick Fire then delete your Yul and remake. The reason is simple. If you are below LvL 99, you are gonna be spending so much time leveling your yul and believe me, rapid shot 20 minute buff is very very very...CONVENIENT. Quick Fire is good but it's very short-lived. Yul archer's got so many skills to spam already and imagine checking your buff window every now and then also the CD on the Quck fire skill constantly? Believe me, it's a lot of hassle.

But if you are LvL99+ and have already learned Quick Fire...then you might as well keep the skill and go full +20 time enchant on the skill. It's good for PvP and also you do more damage with BR. Not bad if you do time enchant with it. However, I've noticed a lot of yul archers not using the skill until the boss fights in party instances, just too much of a hassle to use on every CD it seems. Quick Fire = Good for PvP like Oly, but inconvenient for PvE I'd say.

2. Sub skills:
4 x P.atk + 4 x P.def + 4 x Atk.speed or 4 x evasion.
atk. speed or evasion depends on which Yul class, just check you character window with full buff and see. If you got good enough attack speed close to 1500 max then go for 4 x evasion, otherwise go for 4 x attack speed.

3. dual skills:
4 x p. atk. or master's rage + 1 x p.atk

4. ability points:
4 x points on attack attribute (more boost of damage than p.atk inrease in GC, you will need 700+ attack attribute for max attribute damage now)
1 x point on p. attack
3 x skill critical chance + 3 x Skill critical damage + 2 x on mastery, the rest is up to the player's choice.

5. SKill enchant:
Pinpoint shot + Quick shot + Tornado shot = Break (delivers more damage than the other skill enchant choices)
Other attack skills = Focus or Power, up to the player's style
At LvL99, you should have minimum +10 on all of your main skills.

6. Dye
I did 15 x LvL5 Legendary str on my Yul and am quite happy with it. i.e. +15 str +3 dex. More str = more skill damage and with BR, My yul just rapes the RBs.

However, you may choose to go for Dex for Skill Crit AOE setup.
Master's Rage Dual skill + 15 x Dex + Focus skill enchant for AOE skills
= you do Good AOE damage. Well... it will not be as good as stacked Tyrr or Feoh but at least, you will see some major improvement on AOE.
+75Dex, +80 Dex good for PvP too.

7. Gears
Just stack on Skill Critical Damage items. Not a lot of choices we have though. For leveling, just get whatever you can afford. I will just list the best in slot items.

Weapon: your ultimate goal is 12+ Bloody Bow or the Dragon Bow if you are stinky rich!

Armor: +8,+9,+10 bloody Set cuz what else for PvE?

Boss Jewels: Blessed Valakas, Lindvior, Blessed Anthy, Tauti Ring, Ruler's Ring of Authority(or Earth Wyrm's heart ring)

Abundance LvL 1-4

Longing/Instanity...etc.

But here is the Ultimate PvE item you should get if you can afford.

+15 PvE Cloak with 2 x Skill critical damage Aug!

= +15 PvE, +7% P.atk, + 7% skill critical damage + 2 x 7.5% skill critical damage Augmentation
= +15 PvE + 22% skill critical damage + 7% P.atk...
It's like you get 40% damage boost just from the cloak!
It's not cheap though.

Last edited by DreamSeeker; 09-21-2017 at 01:19 AM.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #2
Poggy
Tainted Zombie

Poggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to make a PvE Yul archer(GC update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSeeker View Post

But here is the Ultimate PvE item you should get if you can afford.

+15 PvE Cloak with 2 x Skill critical damage Aug!

= +15 PvE, +7% P.atk, + 7% skill critical damage + 2 x 7.5% skill critical damage Augmentation
= +15 PvE + 22% skill critical damage + 7% P.atk...
It's like you get 40% damage boost just from the cloak!
It's not cheap though.
For the second augment you can get +15% skill power, which is even better. I solo k99 on my 103 archer in under 2 mins, solo AF x 2 in 8 mins total, and solo DPS alter in 20 mins (killing everything).

Edit: For the fast alter run, i need a tank to help gather and keep agro off me. I can solo it, but takes a little longer

Last edited by Poggy; 09-18-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Poggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:31 AM   #3
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggy View Post
For the second augment you can get +15% skill power, which is even better. I solo k99 on my 103 archer in under 2 mins, solo AF x 2 in 8 mins total, and solo alter in 20 mins (killing everything).
OMG! Aren't you the Legendary "MrsSellCraft" in Chronos? I've enjoyed watching your super fast Kama run(special thnx to Andouille for making the YouTube video.) Can you show us the Yul Archer Solo Runs with the You-Tube video please?

Last edited by DreamSeeker; 09-18-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:10 PM   #4
Poggy
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSeeker View Post
OMG! Aren't you the Legendary "MrsSellCraft" in Chronos? I've enjoyed watching your super fast Kama run(special thnx to Andouille for making the YouTube video.) Can you show us the Yul Archer Solo Runs with the You-Tube video please?
I'll try to remember to record it tomorrow
Old 09-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #5
Poggy
Tainted Zombie

So I ran it twice (as i do every day), and recorded them both. The first run, i had the hellbound +P. attack buff, but the second run i didnt have anything too special.

First run (1:20) https://youtu.be/ESOv1jGc1qE

Second run (1:52) https://youtu.be/fhbpUdmwv6s

Both runs could have been slightly faster if both CI and abundance crit (and they often do), but the second one could be taken as a slightly normal run.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #6
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
So I ran it twice (as i do every day), and recorded them both. The first run, i had the hellbound +P. attack buff, but the second run i didnt have anything too special.

Both runs could have been slightly faster if both CI and abundance crit (and they often do), but the second one could be taken as a slightly normal run.

WWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTT!!!!!

Just WOW!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the video and making me feel like a NOOB. Indeed I am...LOL
My 103 Yul can also Duo Kama with POM Iss but like 15 minutes....DANG! less than 2 minutes huh? Thank you for the humbling experience.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #7
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

well don't feel too bad as not many will ever have the kind of gear thats needed for such
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:40 AM   #8
Pleistoros
Purgatory Shadow

Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

wow...nothing to say just wow.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:18 AM   #9
Chucksteak
Dark Lord

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

For useful transparency, so that people reading this have a scale, how much did you spend on all this "skill"?
Chucksteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:23 PM   #10
Avalancha
Elpy

Avalancha is an unknown quantity at this point

How to make any good char in one word:

MONEY
Avalancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #11
Poggy
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
For useful transparency, so that people reading this have a scale, how much did you spend on all this "skill"?
As a rough estimate, i have about 1.5T in gear :P

Last edited by Poggy; 09-28-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:26 PM   #12
Chucksteak
Dark Lord

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
As a rough estimate, i have about 1.5T in gear :P
Ok, I'll work it backwards for a rough estimate (since we all know you didn't fish or farm 1.5T adena). Unfortunately this will be really rough, as I assume your most expensive gears were L2 store exclusives like the cloaks. witch is hard to fit into an adena exchange.

Last I checked prices were around $8-9 per billion. Well use 9 since I am sure you bought most of it at a time when it was $10+.

1500 * 9 = $13,500

uhh, even as I did that I LOL at how far off I know I am. CT said he was at $21,000 for his PvE Titan. As a hero you are likely rocking a LOT more $$ gear than he is. Did you by chance break $50,000?
Chucksteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:15 PM   #13
Poggy
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Ok, I'll work it backwards for a rough estimate (since we all know you didn't fish or farm 1.5T adena). Unfortunately this will be really rough, as I assume your most expensive gears were L2 store exclusives like the cloaks. witch is hard to fit into an adena exchange.

Last I checked prices were around $8-9 per billion. Well use 9 since I am sure you bought most of it at a time when it was $10+.

1500 * 9 = $13,500

uhh, even as I did that I LOL at how far off I know I am. CT said he was at $21,000 for his PvE Titan. As a hero you are likely rocking a LOT more $$ gear than he is. Did you by chance break $50,000?
Full disclosure: my CP has farmed well over 2T in adena/gear, and i have the spreadsheets to prove it, but ofc i wont be showing them as they contain a multitude of other info that I won't share. You can believe me if you want or not, idc. Not all of that adena went to me ofc, most of the rest i got from buy/sell shops. A small portion of it came from $$ (NCoin) during events. If you play chronos, I'm sure you have seen me shouting on countless occasions that im buying NCoin, so that alone should tell you I'm not a huge NCoin buyer, but i admit i do buy some on occasion.

As to the value of my gear, 1.5T was only a rough estimate but, the only way to get into the sort of numbers youre thinking is dragons weapons, and multiple level 6 gems. Some people do have that kind of gear, but i only have a ruby 6 and opal 5 (the things i needed for semi max raid dps). Since i rerolled my dual to archer, i even sold off my regular boss jewels and coc belt to buy the bow, again, this should tell you I don't spend a huge amount of money on this game lol.

Making money in this game isn't as hard as most people think, but it does require some effort, know-how, and a decent base to pull from (this is the biggest hurdle for many).
Old 10-15-2017, 11:19 PM   #14
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow

KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Making money in this game isn't as hard as most people think, but it does require some effort, know-how, and a decent base to pull from (this is the biggest hurdle for many).
The market side of the game isn't as hard, however the Raid farming that you are talking about doing all the 101 and 103 raids is a little bit more TIME intensive than most people have. Also there are only a VERY VERY small handful of people that are able to kill these raids with a CC let alone a single CP.

I think your estimate of 1.5T might be shooting a little bit short. Level 6 Ruby should be about 500 to 550B alone in this market, 5 Opal 150B, +16 10SA weapon another 150B (Conservative), +10 set 75B, not to mention Full TOP PvE boss set coming in at around 150B, Dyes about 30B total for +str+cha, I can't imagine what was spent on the cloak, 300B? Just buy a **** dragon weapon and you can officially say you Won the server.

I know there are some people who have invested 50k+ in this game, but like you said they are rocking the 6x6 jewels, still waiting on the main one I'm thinking of to pop up with a Lindvior Bow Stage 2 soon though.
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:32 AM   #15
NouMeoN
Hungry Spirit

NouMeoN is an unknown quantity at this point

With few bucks more, maybe u can be like Avarice too!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-xBhmCmeo
NouMeoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #16
Imba83
Elpy

Imba83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

pope can you give advices or recomendations for ghost sentinel skill enchanting routes ? cause your damage is awesome and ty XD
Imba83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #17
smokas
Dark Lord

smokas is an unknown quantity at this point

cloak +15 with right auguments+pve buff make this huge difference
smokas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:30 PM   #18
Poggy
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
The market side of the game isn't as hard, however the Raid farming that you are talking about doing all the 101 and 103 raids is a little bit more TIME intensive than most people have. Also there are only a VERY VERY small handful of people that are able to kill these raids with a CC let alone a single CP.
Very true, it is worth noting though, during most of our farming, the raids werent posted on the map for all the server to see, so we werent always forced to kill them right as they spawned. The push to kill them directly on spawn is the largest reason we stopped doing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissThis View Post
I think your estimate of 1.5T might be shooting a little bit short. Level 6 Ruby should be about 500 to 550B alone in this market, 5 Opal 150B, +16 10SA weapon another 150B (Conservative), +10 set 75B, not to mention Full TOP PvE boss set coming in at around 150B, Dyes about 30B total for +str+cha, I can't imagine what was spent on the cloak, 300B? Just buy a **** dragon weapon and you can officially say you Won the server
IDK why i feel the need to even respond to this, but id like to point out, everything you just listed adds up to 1.4T, and that's using the top end of your estimates, and is still under the 1.5 i estimated.
That being said, your did leave some items like talismans out, but the prices you used for some of these items that were listed are pretty exaggerated so I think we're still in the same ballpark here.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:24 PM   #19
KissThis
Purgatory Shadow

KissThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Very true, it is worth noting though, during most of our farming, the raids werent posted on the map for all the server to see, so we werent always forced to kill them right as they spawned. The push to kill them directly on spawn is the largest reason we stopped doing them.
I don't know if I like the fact that they are posted for the whole server to see. Its kind of annoying but at the same time it does give other people the chance to do them, however, very few even can kill them.

Quote:
IDK why i feel the need to even respond to this, but id like to point out, everything you just listed adds up to 1.4T, and that's using the top end of your estimates, and is still under the 1.5 i estimated.
That being said, your did leave some items like talismans out, but the prices you used for some of these items that were listed are pretty exaggerated so I think we're still in the same ballpark here.
I wasn't trying to be insulting. Just feel that your estimate was a little on the low side. I have about 500-600B into my toon, and am no where near what you are, but I'm working on it. Everything on the list that I said is just he MAJOR stuff. In this game its all the little things that add up and get expensive. Depending on when you got the stuff it could have been WAY higher or lower. Get it right as a new feature comes out and its more expensive, wait and they normally lower. 1.5T might be close to what you paid, getting everything you have now in this inflated market would be closer to 2 or 2.5T I would guess. A lot also depends on the source, market verses clan/ally/cp, market is higher by a substantial margin.

Either way. I would like to see what a toon like yours could do with a dragon weapon, not even final stage would be needed, stage 1 or 2 would be enough to absolutely murder most CPs.

More FRAPS please, always nice to learn some things.
KissThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM   #20
Oeste
Hungry Spirit

Oeste is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

This is awesome, thanks for sharing.