Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 09-13-2017, 02:29 AM   #1
Betsee
Elpy

Betsee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: @Conguero Post about Fishing Changes

This is referencing and in response to Conguero's post here: http://boards.lineage2.com/showpost....&postcount=379 "We feel strongly that any unintended game mechanic that gets abused to generate a very large percentage of Adena income, and can lead to massive economic inflation, needs to be fixed as soon as it's identified." - Conguero

I am curious as to when NCWest first became aware that players were using Fancy Fishing Rods to abuse Adena rates (through Powerful Fish>Elcyum Powder>Vendor). IIRC the Fancy Fishing poles were introduced ~late October 2016? (8 Months previous to this last Heine event June 2017)
The way I see it, is either 1- You had NO idea why the servers were so full with people fishing until recently (post-June 2017) so decided to drop a Heine event since it seemed fishing was a big hit with the community,
or 2- You knew the vast majority of the server was making money fishing, so decided to drop a fishing event (where people spent loads to get poles, as an investment to make money in the long run), then planned to take the 'exploit' out of the game a month or two after.

There are problems with both, and it really can only be one or the other. I'm asking you, @Conguero, and the other GM's/Devs: Did you know before you dropped the Fishing event in June 2017 about people 'exploiting' adena out of the fishing system?

Either you didn't know (Scenario 1) in which case you are oblivious to your own game/player base and need to take a step back and learn how players operate in your own game[90% of logged in toons /afk fishing must mean something]
or you did know (Scenario 2) in which case you purposely milked the community for their funds for something you could only assume people would buy into knowing full well you would remove it later on.

We deserve to know when you were aware of this issue so we know what kind of GM/Devs we are playing under, oblivious ones or scam artists.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
Chucksteak
Dark Lord

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadly, there is really only one believable scenario.

The fishing thing was posted about multiple times on these forums that we know they monitor.

Neutrons numbers infer people spent over $1.2 million on those poles just in NC west servers. Do you know what the overhead on some pixels is? That's almost all pure profit.

They knew.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #3
w1Soi
Remnant Diabolist

w1Soi will become famous soon enoughw1Soi will become famous soon enough

People still bother to understand NCwest and its staff.
w1Soi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #4
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Promos and ingame mechanics are not related, not directly. You're imagining stuff that isn't there. Also the fancy rod was never advertised as a way to gain any income, actually that thing is available from these special promos, that you buy the bait from the l2store, not the fisherman npc and you never get fishes from those baits.
Move that brains of yours a bit, it may help you understand the world around you better.
mixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #5
Oeste
Tainted Zombie

Oeste is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing with the fancy rod is that the last time they sold it, it was as part of the Heine fishing event. As such, I bought one because of the promise of faster fishing and additional XP. After the fact I learned there was the possibility of getting Elcyum through regular fishing so I decided to give it a try. I can still get Elcyum, so I cannot say I was scammed or tricked ny NC into buying a fancy rod with the promise of generating a revenue stream. What ****** me off is that NC has decided to cut one of the few, if not the only adena generating method players had, without it many players have no option but to quit the game and a dead game is worthless to everyone.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #6
Betsee
Elpy

Betsee is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand it needed to be removed from the game, really my question doesn't have to do with if that's fair or not. I understand they never marketed the pole to be an adena machine, really that doesn't matter. It is a simple question on if they were aware of the Adena 'exploit' before or after they released the second fishing event in June.