Lineage II Forums  
Old 04-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 297
Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Hi, I am looking for some info/tips on how, if possible, I can solo/duo some end game content. I have some questions listed below to help everyone know my mindset. Please feel free to expand upon them.

Requirements - CANT be Hero, CANT Be 105, CANT have +16 wep, CANT have lvl 5 and 6 jewls. (basically not spending $10,000+ on this)

1. Is there anyone that can Solo/ Duo the following on an othell;
- GC lower
- Superion
- AF
- K99

2. What should the STR/DEX/CON be for this to work best?

3. What is the amount of attack attribute used?

4. Dagger - 1H or 2H? R99 or other? What 3 SAs would work best? How OE should it be to get going (8?, 10?, 12?)

5. Armor - Is there any reason a +8 bloody set is not adequate?

6. Is there any mandatory TOP epics required? Id rather not have to obtain a B.val/B.anthy (using frint soul and reg anthy)

7. Minimum lvl to pull this off? (obviously if I were 104 or 105 this would not matter as I would be at or near top lvl)

Thanks in advance for responding. I really hope this can be done, I see Evis and Titans pull this off and would like to believe there is a way to stack a dagger to do this same trick. This would be a great way to use my toon to help lvl some friends and clannies on the way up.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 297
Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Hi, I am looking for some info/tips on how, if possible, I can solo/duo some end game content. I have some questions listed below to help everyone know my mindset. Please feel free to expand upon them.

Requirements - CANT be Hero, CANT Be 105, CANT have +16 wep, CANT have lvl 5 and 6 jewls. (basically not spending $10,000+ on this)

1. Is there anyone that can Solo/ Duo the following on an othell;
- GC lower
- Superion
- AF
- K99

2. What should the STR/DEX/CON be for this to work best?

3. What is the amount of attack attribute used?

4. Dagger - 1H or 2H? R99 or other? What 3 SAs would work best? How OE should it be to get going (8?, 10?, 12?)

5. Armor - Is there any reason a +8 bloody set is not adequate?

6. Is there any mandatory TOP epics required? Id rather not have to obtain a B.val/B.anthy (using frint soul and reg anthy)

7. Minimum lvl to pull this off? (obviously if I were 104 or 105 this would not matter as I would be at or near top lvl)

Thanks in advance for responding. I really hope this can be done, I see Evis and Titans pull this off and would like to believe there is a way to stack a dagger to do this same trick. This would be a great way to use my toon to help lvl some friends and clannies on the way up.
Hey other Othells, thanks for the support. Go F yourselves. I'll answer my own post since I've done some testing.

For daggers that want to solo like an evis, you will need the following (listed in order of what I think is easiest to get);

1. POM - it says 25% increase, its way more than that. By far the biggest dmg boost you can get and technically free, all you need to do is find one or box one.

2. 101 - 102+ is preferable, but its possible at 101 with the gear. (also free, technically)

3. Wep SA's (lv 5+) - 1st one should be 10%+ skill crit dmg, second should be 7%+ p. crit dmg.

4. Rings - 2 of them at +15% crit dmg minimum each. Ring of rulers and tauti are better than AQ soul and Baium soul, but those should work as well if you have some of the harder things listed below to complement.

5. Augment #1 - Wep augment needs to be passive +15% crit dmg (skill or P., doesn't matter witch as they work the same for daggers)

6. Giants Cave Talisman lvl 10 - 3% crit dmg increase, just because it is free doesn't mean its easy, so this is at #6.

7. Abundance lvl 1 - We are after the crit dmg increase, so a lesser one will work, but lvl 4 works as well, so I listed a lvl.1 (actually really easy to make if you hit up the abundance box when they sell them at L2store)

8. +8 set - Does it need to be bloody? No, but every piece that is makes it much easier. The most important part of this (besides POM) is to always be taking a hit from another mob to keep CC up. So you need to be able to take the hits from mob A while you kill mob B,C,D ect.

9. Lindvior - I think this one is a luxury really, but hey 10% crit dmg is 10% crit dmg.

10. 500+ Attack attribute - Anything less is not full dmg to begin with before you stack modifiers. (longing+7s, Exalted circlet, opals, buffs, AP points, ect)

11. Red Cats Eye - This guy....F this guy too. A lvl 2 is +4% crit dmg while a lvl 4 is +14% increase. Get one as high as affordable when possible.

12. Wep #2 augment - Giants crit dmg active buff. This requires a giants life stone, or several. There are 10 skill options, you want one of them, the one that gives you +15% crit dmg buff. This doesn't have to be at #10, but with the cost of these stones and the random success factor, I have to put it down here. I could almost say the same about the Red cats eye, but we know that is all but guaranteed to fail ALOT.

If you have this gear, plus the basic gear for any respectable dagger you should be able to kill GC lower mobs in seconds at lvl 101. If I had to chose, id probably pursue the Lindvior and Wep #2 aug last. The Lind replaces a solid stun earing no matter how yo look at it, and stun is important. The 2nd wep aug just because it might be a pain in the *** to get. Just remember that is a 25% dmg boost you are missing though. The name of the game is CRIT DMG, just pretend your playing Diablo and keep stacking that stat.

Much thanks to the US service member who sat with me in vent to help teach me all that I have posted.

-CS
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #3
socketka
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 1,662
socketka will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Requirements - CANT be Hero, CANT Be 105, CANT have +16 wep, CANT have lvl 5 and 6 jewls. (basically not spending $10,000+ on this)
yes othell can solo gc lower/superion with these requirements
cpt. obvious out.
socketka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:09 PM   #4
iCasi
Elpy
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3
iCasi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

how do you get 500 Element plus before stacking modifiers....???
iCasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:30 AM   #5
MDMAHigh
Hungry Spirit
 
MDMAHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 148
MDMAHigh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

usefull post,

glad you answered all your questions by yourself ) helped me out too, thank you
MDMAHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:57 AM   #6
nViDia
Elpy
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
nViDia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

forggot ruby 3 and +15 str dyes
nViDia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #7
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 297
Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCasi View Post
how do you get 500 Element plus before stacking modifiers....???
The other modifiers being buffs, SA's ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMAHigh View Post
usefull post,

glad you answered all your questions by yourself ) helped me out too, thank you
I didn't answer them myself. I just happen to run across someone who had the answers and the time to demonstrate and learn me. I am glad all the same that I was able to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nViDia View Post
forggot ruby 3 and +15 str dyes
Ruby is not needed, it doesn't affect the dagger in as positive a was as it does say an Archer. The red cats eye is what is needed the most. Keep in mind how odd the daggers are, Crit dmg > Element > Skill dmg > Patk. Here's my current list;

-Emerald 4
-Red Cats Eye 2
-Diamond 3
-Aquamarine 3
-Ruby 3 (Id rather swap this for an opal 3 or better, the element boost is insane since GC game out)

+15 str dyes is one way to skin a cat. The real idea is to be in the 70-80 range for dex and everything else for str (preferably 130+)
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #8
iHyperlite
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 127
iHyperlite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
The other modifiers being buffs, SA's ect.



I didn't answer them myself. I just happen to run across someone who had the answers and the time to demonstrate and learn me. I am glad all the same that I was able to help!



Ruby is not needed, it doesn't affect the dagger in as positive a was as it does say an Archer. The red cats eye is what is needed the most. Keep in mind how odd the daggers are, Crit dmg > Element > Skill dmg > Patk. Here's my current list;

-Emerald 4
-Red Cats Eye 2
-Diamond 3
-Aquamarine 3
-Ruby 3 (Id rather swap this for an opal 3 or better, the element boost is insane since GC game out)

+15 str dyes is one way to skin a cat. The real idea is to be in the 70-80 range for dex and everything else for str (preferably 130+)
Please explain this dex theory of yours, I think it will be an interesting read...
iHyperlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #9
socketka
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 1,662
socketka will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
-Ruby 3 (Id rather swap this for an opal 3 or better, the element boost is insane since GC game out)
patk+str hat is better than +50 atr hat in terms of damage on mobs.
socketka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #10
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 297
Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHyperlite View Post
Please explain this dex theory of yours, I think it will be an interesting read...
Its not a theory really. I just read every post and experiment old and new of DEX vs STR. If you do this you will realize there is no easy answer, but you will find a consensus of DEX providing diminishing returns after 80, and STR around 120.

Then I spoke with several Othells who were doing things exponentially better than me, such as PvP wins against very well geared and leveled toons, and soloing top end mobs with a quickness. They all, independently, had this setup; STR 5, STR 5, DEX 5, and they all mentioned that they thought that losing the last DEX tat for another STR tat might be better (+5 str +1 dex being preferred).

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketka View Post
patk+str hat is better than +50 atr hat in terms of damage on mobs.
I think there is room to debate this. If your'e not at 500 attack attribute, I would keep stacking element. If your over, Id probably switch. I noticed a BIG dmg difference swapping mine (+3 str and not +5% patk), to my +50 element attack. So I cant really go apples to apples on this.
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:21 PM   #11
iHyperlite
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 127
iHyperlite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Its not a theory really. I just read every post and experiment old and new of DEX vs STR. If you do this you will realize there is no easy answer, but you will find a consensus of DEX providing diminishing returns after 80, and STR around 120.

Then I spoke with several Othells who were doing things exponentially better than me, such as PvP wins against very well geared and leveled toons, and soloing top end mobs with a quickness. They all, independently, had this setup; STR 5, STR 5, DEX 5, and they all mentioned that they thought that losing the last DEX tat for another STR tat might be better (+5 str +1 dex being preferred).

STR needs to break 140, and be as high as possible. it affects your skill mastery, patk, crit dmg. patk and str are directly related to your dagger blows, which is how a dagger xp's/pvp's. best dyes are STR+5 CHA+5, go STR+5 CHA+4 if you cant afford the 5/5.

all of these are extremely more important than atk speed, crit rate, speed, accuracy and evasion. evasion and accuracy are the only ones not capped at end game. evasion isnt an issue and if anything you want evasion lowered so you get hit to proc counter crit (equip shield/sigel).

for dagger vs dual dagger, single dagger is better. it has a crit dmg modifier of 2x vs the dual daggers having a crit dmg modifier of 1.5x

PvE rings = rulers ring of authority and Earth Wyrm (20% + 20% crit dmg).
PvP rings = rulers ring of authority and Tauti

you are correct in stacking crit dmg to the max, but you have to stack STR to do that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
I think there is room to debate this. If your'e not at 500 attack attribute, I would keep stacking element. If your over, Id probably switch. I noticed a BIG dmg difference swapping mine (+3 str and not +5% patk), to my +50 element attack. So I cant really go apples to apples on this.
there isnt much to debate on this, especially if you push str past the 140 mark. stabs are directly related to your patk, and a str + patk hat increase patk and crit dmg. the 50 element damage could maybe be talked about if used a 450 base element wep such as a kelbim dagger, but i would still argue that a str+patk hat nets harder hitting blows vs the 50 element hat
iHyperlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #12
Rodah
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 697
Rodah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHyperlite View Post
STR needs to break 140, and be as high as possible. it affects your skill mastery, patk, crit dmg. patk and str are directly related to your dagger blows, which is how a dagger xp's/pvp's. best dyes are STR+5 CHA+5, go STR+5 CHA+4 if you cant afford the 5/5.

all of these are extremely more important than atk speed, crit rate, speed, accuracy and evasion. evasion and accuracy are the only ones not capped at end game. evasion isnt an issue and if anything you want evasion lowered so you get hit to proc counter crit (equip shield/sigel).

for dagger vs dual dagger, single dagger is better. it has a crit dmg modifier of 2x vs the dual daggers having a crit dmg modifier of 1.5x

PvE rings = rulers ring of authority and Earth Wyrm (20% + 20% crit dmg).
PvP rings = rulers ring of authority and Tauti

you are correct in stacking crit dmg to the max, but you have to stack STR to do that.




there isnt much to debate on this, especially if you push str past the 140 mark. stabs are directly related to your patk, and a str + patk hat increase patk and crit dmg. the 50 element damage could maybe be talked about if used a 450 base element wep such as a kelbim dagger, but i would still argue that a str+patk hat nets harder hitting blows vs the 50 element hat
STR = Skill Mastery (instant reuse / double duration)

DEX = Skill Critical Rate (double damage stabs)

I'm not going to argue one way or the other, just pointing this out.
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #13
socketka
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 1,662
socketka will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHyperlite View Post
PvE rings = rulers ring of authority and Earth Wyrm (20% + 20% crit dmg).
PvP rings = rulers ring of authority and Tauti
I think 5% skill damage is somehow comparable to 5% crit dmg.
Tested.
Of course both of these setups arent top for superion/gc.
socketka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:26 PM   #14
iHyperlite
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 127
iHyperlite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketka View Post
I think 5% skill damage is somehow comparable to 5% crit dmg.
Tested.
Of course both of these setups arent top for superion/gc.
in my tests against an npc i got more dmg from the pve setup as opposed to the pvp setup. did you test yourself?

i use bloodstab as it is the most consistent in dmg
iHyperlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:52 AM   #15
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 297
Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketka View Post
I think 5% skill damage is somehow comparable to 5% crit dmg.
Tested.
Of course both of these setups arent top for superion/gc.
What would be your setup? Both of those are solid 2nd rings to the RoRA.

Would you go full stun setup?
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #16
Draecke
Baylor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,484
Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

superion & gc require a different ring set up if you want max PVE DPS at those two locations..

ruler & creation rings stack, add lvl10 trackers & hb talismans and you're good to go

if you have enough elemental patt then go STR+Patt headgear route else just stick with exalted tiara.
Draecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:03 PM   #17
iHyperlite
Hungry Spirit
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 127
iHyperlite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
STR = Skill Mastery (instant reuse / double duration)

DEX = Skill Critical Rate (double damage stabs)

I'm not going to argue one way or the other, just pointing this out.
Str affects skill crit rate for a while now broskie
iHyperlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:44 AM   #18
socketka
Remnant Diabolist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 1,662
socketka will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHyperlite View Post
Str affects skill crit rate for a while now broskie
what about no
socketka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:57 AM   #19
Rodah
Heathen Knight
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 697
Rodah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHyperlite View Post
Str affects skill crit rate for a while now broskie
"conclusion: the experiment has proved that the number of critical hits with the blood stab skill is highly influenced by the dex value. with the increase of dex from 50 to 80 the frequency of critical hits with the blood stab skill grew by 9% (25% against the initial value). unlike dex, the influence of the str value is very slight: while str was increased from 100 to 130, the frequency of critical hits with the blood stab skill only rose by 1.5%."

and....

"conclusion: the superior dagger mastery success rate remains practically the same when dex is changed. this point is proved by the skill description, which says that the skill's success rate depends on the str value."

but wait.....

"conclusion: the superior dagger mastery success rate is the same for single and dual daggers with maximum str. for in-between values, the superior dagger mastery success rate is higher when a single dagger is equipped. the superior dagger mastery success rate is 37% higher with 130 str than it is with 100 str"

Quotes taken from official tests on those servers which cannot be mentioned . Google is your friend.

D@mn facts; am I right "broskie."
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:26 AM   #20
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 297
Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Othell Solo GC lower / Superion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post

"conclusion: the superior dagger mastery success rate is the same for single and dual daggers with maximum str. for in-between values, the superior dagger mastery success rate is higher when a single dagger is equipped. the superior dagger mastery success rate is 37% higher with 130 str than it is with 100 str"

Quotes taken from official tests on those servers which cannot be mentioned . Google is your friend.

D@mn facts; am I right "broskie."
Can you link this post please? I would like to read it. Also, what can't we mention?
Chucksteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.