Lineage II Forums  
Old 12-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
Invierno
Elpy

Invierno is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Progressive heal question

Hi everyone! I'm new playing L2 in the official server, and I have some questions that I don't know if there are bugs of private servers.

The 1st one is about the work of progressive heal, if you heal anybody that is not your ally: Does he recieve heal? and I? For example, if you are making pvp with a tank and you use progressive heal in he, you should be healed and he doesn't, shouldn't you?

Thank you very much, and sorry for my horrible english xD
Invierno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Progressive heal question

Progressive Heals work in the following manner:

> yes, you can heal no party member, random passerby or any character/npc around, since it isnt flagged (ofc, excluding your party/clan/ally members, as they will be healed as soon you cast progressive near them, even if flagged); often you will realise its not a good thing staying near them, if you r focused to heal your party members and they need your heals to death, since Progressive tends to avoid your desired targets who is fasting dying and screaming for heals, to heal some f.cking random picking flowers around your pt;

> Progressive heals the target + 10 "allies" (vide above) around him, up to 40% of their max hp. in short: the target you use to cast the skill will be a simple link to who you really wanna heal. Then if you focus on healing the tank while doing massive AoE and taking massive dmg, you never can cast progressive directly on him, 'cause this way he will be the least to get the bonus % from the skill, since Progressive tends to scale down and the target gets the minimal % from all around (its mainly observed when you have some weaks DD around the tank, taking serious dmg);

> and for least, not, you wont be healed unless you target urself to cast Progressive Heal on, but to do it, you must be near the target you really wanna heal (vide above again)

> the best targets to cast Progressive on as a link in order: a) if tank is the main focus of heals: tyrr > iss > summoner (who needs to be in range with tank, not far away) and b) if DD are the focus of heal: tank

> Progressive on selftarget is often used during PvP, 'cause usually you will have all your pt members around you, while you'd getting massive dmg, plus demanding massive heals - and since Progressive its not a power based skill, but a % based one, you will always get way more heals than with normal panic/brilliant.

enjoy.

Last edited by Astarothy; 12-26-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:48 AM   #3
Vithina
Tainted Zombie

Vithina is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it still work that way that you have to target someone else than who you really wanna heal? I read somewhere that it was changed or maybe about to be changed in a future patch?

I am also returning myself after a long break so I am just reading through all useful information I can get to figure out how to play most effectively.
Vithina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:53 AM   #4
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Everything said in Astarothy's post is still valid.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #5
Vithina
Tainted Zombie

Ok thank you. I hope they change it though so that the target receives the same heal as everyone else. It seems a bit weird.

But thank you for the information - this will definitely help me be a better healer.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:53 AM   #6
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithina View Post
Ok thank you. I hope they change it though so that the target receives the same heal as everyone else. It seems a bit weird.

But thank you for the information - this will definitely help me be a better healer.
It's like a magic trick and inverted math.
Linnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
Vithina
Tainted Zombie

Ye I have gotten the hang of it now. It's not really hard for me to just heal one of the others. The only annoyance is if the tank for instance is pulling stuff and is too far away from the rest to use it.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #8
EvilMistress
Tainted Zombie

EvilMistress is an unknown quantity at this point

I like to target myself and use it. benefit for all but me! Range is decent on it enough...works well in tuna alternating with grp heal when your in the corner.
EvilMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithina View Post
Ye I have gotten the hang of it now. It's not really hard for me to just heal one of the others. The only annoyance is if the tank for instance is pulling stuff and is too far away from the rest to use it.
If the tank is far enough that it wont "bounce", the tank would get the entire benifit of it, which can be atleast 50% of his hp.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:17 AM   #10
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
If the tank is far enough that it wont "bounce", the tank would get the entire benifit of it, which can be atleast 50% of his hp.
In other words, cast it directly on your tank's target. Just be sure your tank is not an emo quitter - plenty of tank players will scream and blame the healer 'cause their HP bar dropped below 50% while they were pulling a couple of mobs, QQ
Old 01-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #11
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

No Astarothy, not on the tanks target. On the actual tank. If he is far enough away he gets the full heal.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #12
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Ok, my bad typing there. Guess I messed up that and lead to misunderstanding, since I did want to mean "directly on your tank [target]".

Tags
progressive heal