Lineage II Forums  
Old 01-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
Vithina
Tainted Zombie

Vithina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What armor to chose ES R95

Hi

With all these discussions around what sets are best I would like you ask you for a recommendation. It seems from the other discussion here that robes is now at least not so far behind heavy when it comes to p.def.

What should I chose for my Aeore Eva's Saint when i reach level 95. I will be doing mostly PVE but would like the ability to do a little PVP if needed. I am thinking i should go with robes since I cannot rely on super buffs and since my main focus is PVE?

What would your advice be?
Vithina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Unis
Hungry Spirit

Unis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What armor to chose ES R95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithina View Post
Hi

With all these discussions around what sets are best I would like you ask you for a recommendation. It seems from the other discussion here that robes is now at least not so far behind heavy when it comes to p.def.

What should I chose for my Aeore Eva's Saint when i reach level 95. I will be doing mostly PVE but would like the ability to do a little PVP if needed. I am thinking i should go with robes since I cannot rely on super buffs and since my main focus is PVE?

What would your advice be?
for pve it's best to run around naked, more fun.
Unis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:30 PM   #3
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

You will do just fine in pve with heavy on, dont worry.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:31 AM   #4
Vithina
Tainted Zombie

It still just seems that robes provide more benefits beacuse of the set bonus. Also I saw this in the other tread:

Unbuffed this is actually true, however, with buffs it is not. I have a +6 seraph robe set, and a +4/5/6 seraph heavy set. Unbuffed robes beat heavy by around 400-500 pdef. But with full PvP buffs, rose, turtle, etc. Heavy is still winning by around 1k. It is really going to depend on what fight you are in, if it is mage heavy definitely take the robes, as they will add about an extra 1k mdef to the situation over heavy. If it is mostly physical damage, it is really still up in the air. Robes will net you less pdef but significantly more HP (5kish).

So the choice is really if you wanna have more p.def with heavy or easier access to high casting speed, som more m.def and HP with robes.

Also I will prolly only be able to afford +3 so the p.def differende between robes and heavy fully buffed will be a bit smaller for me i guess.

So I'm just thinking if robes won't be more beneficial for me given that PVE will be my primary focus?
Old 01-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #5
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

What makes you think heavy armor will make your pve hard?

Heavy is not worn just for pdef, if it was, we would have given it up as soon as they boosted pdef on robes.

We did not.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #6
EvilMistress
Tainted Zombie

EvilMistress is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy what is cheapest and save for R99 when it really matters what you choose...R95 robes or heavy doesn't matter for PVE...I still use bound set of immortal - 900 ele at 92 and don't have any issues in PVE...most people die because they don't play right or are lazy. Heavy just allows you to be more lazy, but at higher cost.
EvilMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

No, no cost.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
EvilMistress
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
No, no cost.
I got robe set 1800 ele +43333 for 1.2 bil. seen heavy for 1.8, but I haven't tracked it that much. Maybe I just got a really good deal.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #9
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Oh, you meant monetary cost.

That wasnt quite clear. Sry.

Ya, heavy will cost you more adena to buy.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:09 AM   #10
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
It still just seems that robes provide more benefits beacuse of the set bonus. [...]So I'm just thinking if robes won't be more beneficial for me given that PVE will be my primary focus?
hm, if you have your "personal" choice in your head, why do you need to make the question?
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #11
Vithina
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarothy View Post
hm, if you have your "personal" choice in your head, why do you need to make the question?
Because I am really uncertain here. I am not sure what I need to do as a healer to be able to have good cast speed in a heavy armor. My character is old school and there probably are some things im heavily behind on. For instance my tatoos are still +5 WIT and +4 CON and I have an idea that this is not how you roll nowadays. Probably you can somehow get more WIT in those slots now and also this new 4th slot I have no idea what is.

Right now I am thinking about doing this:

1) Figuring out what I need to do to be able to get good cast speed in Heavy. Which tatoos and which other stuff is needed.

2) If that is something that is possible for me to do then ill get Heavy R95 and keep my TW robe in case I need a robe for some content.

3) If i cannot get good enough cast speed in heavy for what ever reason then just go with the R95 robe.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:13 AM   #12
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
1) Figuring out what I need to do to be able to get good cast speed in Heavy. Which tatoos and which other stuff is needed.
You're a light elf, you don't need much...

+15 WIT dyes
+3 WIT hat
Istina/Octavis shirt (can't remember which one)
Subclass certs
Divine elixir
Rudolph agathion
+1/+3 WIT bracelet
Party solidarity lv 3

Are just some of the options.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:42 AM   #13
Vithina
Tainted Zombie

If I should get +15 WIT would it be ok to go for 3 times +5 WIT / -2 MEN tattos? Or maybe even cheaper ones? It is super expensive to get some of the better +5 WIT tattos.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #14
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

+15 WIT for a light elf is just overkill, I'm a Dark Elf and with lv 1 legendary dyes I reach a respectable casting speed (1500~1700 depending on party comp and without some buffs), so for you it will be even easier.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #15
Vithina
Tainted Zombie

What would you recommend for me then? I have the following at the moment:

+4 WIT / -4 MEN
+1 WIT / -1 MEN
+4 CON / -4 STR

3+ WIT hat.

Total WIT is 89 and as you can see my tattoos are old school.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #16
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them

^ These dyes are outdated, as soon you ding'ed to 85 and did awaken. They dont work anymore for your 4ht class. This 89 WIT stat is only your racial base stat (higher than any other mage, since you'r LE) plus some minor from equip (dunno, but I guess TW robe gives +2 WIT). You now have to rely on the Legendary, Giant or Ancient dyes version (they are poored into Lv1 to Lv5 versions, and come along with some boost to elemental defense aswell).

For me, I think you will do fine with a +10 WIT dye setup (the other slot put whatever, CON or maybe MEN, if you'r wearing heavy). If you stick with robes, trade that hat for a P.Def one.

Like someone might had said above, if you'r low on adena or havent any support (clan/cp whatever) and will do almost 95% PVE in your playtime, isnt wrong to go with robes. Just pay attention to ask Iss to change your harmony to knight if you need to engage vs. warrios classes, and carry a shield. End game is another story.
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #17
EvilMistress
Tainted Zombie

-men shouldn't affect you too much so get some cheaper legendary wit dyes. You are a light elf so you probably only need +5 wit with maybe a +3 wit accessory (super cheap now since fishing). Rest you can do +Int or +Con. BTW are you old school mirage? name sounds familiar.

@Smittie - sorry for confusion ^^ I was going off the post I previously made when talking about "buy what is cheapest."