Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 08-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #1
KrAcKeD
Dark Knight

KrAcKeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Legendary dyes!!!!!!!!

Thoses dyes level 5 are EXTREMELY expensive... and I wonder, where do players get them... I see that there is a mysterious dye seller in many towns, u can gamble with 1 million adena and get a random dye from normal lv1 to legendary lv5... is that the only way to acquire thoses dyes, to gamble with the lady or can u get them by doing quests, raids, etc? (And ofc i know u can buy them from players or from auction house also)
KrAcKeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
Feyd1980
Hungry Spirit

Feyd1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Legendary dyes!!!!!!!!

Most of them was obtained during the Draco event.
Feyd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
KrAcKeD
Dark Knight

So apart from the draco's even, how do player not wanting to pay the price from other player actually get them, do they gamble with the mysterious dye ladie, or is there another way ????? Drops? Quest???
Old 08-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them

the only way is playing with the mysterious dye merchant or in any event, like the draco's/squash one we had in the past.

edit: from my experience, I've just got lv2 dye (+4/-2) so far, never droped any lv5. Maybe you have more luck.
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
atarth
Remnant Diabolist

atarth will become famous soon enoughatarth will become famous soon enough

What a new player without lots of cash has to do is buy some cheap dye from auction(or from seller npc,it will be about the same money) to boost his stats and do his lvling,then save all money he will make for the time some new event will be ingame and more legendery dyes in market.

Cheap dyes is like been -50% from the stats with top dyes,if your weapon is good and have epics you will be able to xp and keep lvling.
atarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
1Peri1
Valakas

1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light1Peri1 is a glorious beacon of light

I haven't worried so much about leg. dyes. If you're a pvp fanatic then it would make sense,but you can do without. Keep your gear up to date, augment anything you can including accessories, element your gear and you should do fine.
1Peri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
Vampirica
Tainted Zombie

Vampirica is an unknown quantity at this point

Only bot player get 10 dyes in the event, bot everywhere !
Vampirica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
LadyParalda
Elpy

LadyParalda is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're really interested in +5 Leg. Dyes and are in a clan.Take a fort.They sell leg +5/-1 w/e ur looking for + ele resist dyes there.cost is 45 mil a pop and maybe some KE's (can't remember on the KE's).Good Luck and Have Fun.
LadyParalda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #9
atarth
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyParalda View Post
If you're really interested in +5 Leg. Dyes and are in a clan.Take a fort.They sell leg +5/-1 w/e ur looking for + ele resist dyes there.cost is 45 mil a pop and maybe some KE's (can't remember on the KE's).Good Luck and Have Fun.
Dyes from fort need so much xp,no new player is going to achieve in this life.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:55 AM   #10
LadyParalda
Elpy

LadyParalda is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarth View Post
The Dyes do not cost exp.The person needs to level to get 4th class change to use the +5 dyes to even begin with.Fort dyes cost Fame,Adena,and Ke's.There's 3 different type of +5 dyes there.They are +5/-2,+5/-2 + certain element,and +5/-1 +certain Element.And just because someone is new doesn't mean they can't work to achieve their goal of obtaining them.After 85+ and hard work they can earn some adena if they play smart.It's better than saying you can only get them from event,other players selling them from event,Or taking a chance on Mysterious Dye merchant.At least now he knows of another way to obtain them.Good Luck dude in whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by LadyParalda; 08-28-2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Correction
LadyParalda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:02 AM   #11
AndreasK
Remnant Diabolist

AndreasK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarth View Post
I think you mean fame, not exp.
AndreasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
BurnCycle
Purgatory Shadow

BurnCycle will become famous soon enoughBurnCycle will become famous soon enough

Fort dyes are Lv4 dyes (giant/ancient/legendary) that are only available there.
Lv5 Dyes, to my knowledge, are only available via events and Dye Merchant gamble.
BurnCycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
Astarothy
Remnant Diabolist

Location: Just freshly off from Fabulous Lands. Deal with it!
Astarothy has a spectacular aura about themAstarothy has a spectacular aura about them

Its basically like @1Peri1 said above, dyes should be your last goal. But if you think you still need a bit more of power, try the low ones, like the lv1 legendary +3-1 - you always will find them in auction at a reasonable price, and its not that bad. Just try mix the dyes with your current set.
Astarothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #14
Harkon
Heathen Knight

Harkon is on a distinguished road

according to Jujis test .. about 200k NC coins might get you a legendary dye set too ^^.
Harkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
atarth
Remnant Diabolist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasK View Post
I think you mean fame, not exp.
Yea,i was sleepy
Old 08-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #16
KrAcKeD
Dark Knight

Thank you very much for all the information, I didn't even know there was other sorts of dyes than the one available in the mysterious dye merchant...

So what are ALL the dyes available to me?

If i understand correctly, there is the +5 ones... the +5 +1.. the +5 -1 from fort (But since GOD the (-1) is appliable only on 1 single stat, I used to do +CON -DEX but this option isn't available anymore, only +CON -STR is available now. do thoses dyes in fort have +con -dex?

And also... since it's god and that many things changed.. I will go with my logic here...

The best dyes u can get are legendary Lv5 +5 +1... and you have 3 dye spot...

So theorically... if you get the BEST possible dyes... you will have For a fighter.

+5 CON +1 STR
+5 STR +1 DEX
+5 DEX +1 CON

Hence, +6 CON +6 STR +6 DEX

But I remember clearly that in previous chronicle, the maximum stats increase from the dye system was capped at +5, and there was no cap at the amount you could lower them by using the dyes... (You could do +4 -6, +4 -6 and +4 -6 on the same stats and get -18 of that stats, but still only just +5 on the "boosted" stats)

But did this change in GoD... because of the new dye... LOGIC would say that the new cap is set on +6 stats from any dye on any ONE stats.

But it could also be like before (Capped on +5)

Or it could be totally uncapped, which i really hope it is... but I doubt...

So tell me, what is it? Is it capped on +5, +6 is there no cap or is the cap something else?

Thank you alot for all your answers and this discussion that went on was very informative thank you!

Edit : Also... since GoD... the stats from all the chars changed... I mean... a normal human before used to have for a fighter, around what... 45-50 STR max, and a normal human mystic used to have something like 45-50 INT Max, so the increase with the dye (INT) or (STR) used to greatly increase stats... It seems that now thoses stats almost doubled, a human mystic has close to 100 INT and a human fighter has close to 100 STR... So I'm wondering, was +5 STR ALOT better before than it is now, or it's still incredibly important to have the increase now too? (I remember when you reached level 40 with a mage... the awesome increadibly strong benefit you would get from getting the +4 WIT +4 INT dyes... made your level 39 look like if it was 20 levels below... but now does thoses INT/WIT/STR/CON affect the char as much?

Last edited by KrAcKeD; 08-29-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:16 AM   #17
Untagged
Thunder Wyrm

Untagged is on a distinguished road

As stated by others, you could stack 3 of one dye (STR +15 for example) or split them up. its your choice. There are restrictions on the element resist if you stack the same dye. I will let you use search for that one.

Available dyes
http://wiki.terragamers.net/index.php?title=Dyes

Added this just for some general information for you.
Character stats
http://wiki.terragamers.net/index.php?title=Race_skills

I would also add that you should root around on Terragamers, as it will answer a lot of the questions you have been asking lately.
Untagged is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terragamers dyes, terragamers wiki