Lineage II Forums  
Old 01-26-2015, 05:26 AM   #1
Soul89
Elpy

Soul89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crossbows R+

Hi, I have been playing as a Trickster, I have just awakened and equiped the diplomas stuff and I have just realised about a possible error with the Requiem Shooter.

You'll see, I have been testing the attack speed of my Yul Trickster with both a Dynasty crossbow and the Requiem Shooter Event. The Dynasty has "slow" attack speed and grants me less attack speed than the Requiem Shooter, which has "normal" attack speed. However I have been auto attacking an npc to see how much faster I hit with the Requiem Shooter and I have realised that, although it gives me more attack speed and has "normal" attack speed, it actually hits slower than the Dynasty crossbow, which hits almost x1.5~x2 faster.

What I'm saying is that R+ crossbows, which are supposed to have a higher base attack speed (as indicated in the weapon description) hit way much slower than S80 crossbows and lower grade. Crossbows still hitting faster than bows (making a crossbow deal less damage and hit slower than a bow would make completely no sense) but hit slower than No-Grade~S80.

So my question is: is this a bug? Because if I have a weapon with "normal" attack speed and it grants me more attack speed I should hit MUCH faster than a weapon with "slow" attack speed. Or has it been made this way intentionally?

Thank you in advance.
Soul89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:53 AM   #2
Znipoo
Remnant Diabolist

Znipoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Crossbows R+

What SA do you have on the lower grade crossbow?
After every shot there is a "draw" time between arrows/shots, and there is a SA to reduce that, forgot the name of it now though..

Atleast there is for lower grade bows, but i assume crossbows have the same stuff.

Edit: Thats all i can think of, if the SA is focus or anything like that, i got no idea at all..
Znipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

i assume because R grade bows follow a more balanced principal to the previous versions. because S grade and below are Kamael exclusive crossbows... they are a unique weapon configuration...
R grade and above can be used by anyone.

can an awakened Kamael still use a kamael exclusive weapon?
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:08 PM   #4
kapy1994
Grave Predator

kapy1994 will become famous soon enough

R+ crossbows are considered "Two-handed", while the pre R are "One-handed" which is the main reason for the draw speed difference...
kapy1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:18 AM   #5
Soul89
Elpy

Soul89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znipoo View Post
What SA do you have on the lower grade crossbow?
After every shot there is a "draw" time between arrows/shots, and there is a SA to reduce that, forgot the name of it now though..

Atleast there is for lower grade bows, but i assume crossbows have the same stuff.

Edit: Thats all i can think of, if the SA is focus or anything like that, i got no idea at all..
The SA was focus, I can perfectly remember, because it was a Steel Door Guild weapon, and the only SA that the SDG crossbows have is focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgitTheClown View Post
i assume because R grade bows follow a more balanced principal to the previous versions. because S grade and below are Kamael exclusive crossbows... they are a unique weapon configuration...
R grade and above can be used by anyone.

can an awakened Kamael still use a kamael exclusive weapon?
Yeah, I tested it when I was already awakened, all skills learned. But in theory, both S and R grade are still the same weapon class, crossbows, so they should have the same base configuration, then the crossbow with "normal" atk speed should shoot faster than the one with "slow" just as any other weapon ingame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapy1994 View Post
R+ crossbows are considered "Two-handed", while the pre R are "One-handed" which is the main reason for the draw speed difference...
Nah, pre R crossbows are 2 handed too, just like bows, once they are equiped in the inventory you can see that the crossbow icon is in the 2 slots (one when you have the bolts quiver in the other slot, just liek bows). If pre R were one handed I should be able to equip a sheld, which would look kinda werid on an archer

-----------------
Anyway, I'm waiting for an answer from Juji or someone who actually knows about this, I've tried to check all the possibilities to find the answer, but I wasn't able
Soul89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:38 AM   #6
FidgitTheClown
Valakas

FidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about themFidgitTheClown has a spectacular aura about them

well kamael can't equip a shield before awakening anyway.

i am afraid i don't have any kamael arbalesters, you should ask some of the bots who ran around for months...
FidgitTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attack speed, bug, crossbow, trickster, yul