Lineage II Forums  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
darkregion69
Tainted Zombie

darkregion69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Elf sigel knight?

Hi

Before goddess of destruction, many people though about the better tank for olympiads was the phoenix knight, bu we all know depending on the gear and the well gameplay, any class can be good in pvp 1v1. So, the point is, in PRE-GOD eva's templar was good, a tank who was dificult to kill with his/her cubics, but...

...i want to know if sigel knight ELF race is a good choice to be a tank, talking about 1v1, olys, pve, massive pvp, and OF COURSE, taking the rol of a tank, protecting all the party: leveling and raid bosses!

Then i hope pro tanks answers.
1. Everything about character stats.
2. Pros and cons.
3. Compared between all classes. ( i could say compared between the other 2 tanks, but we all know that today all classes can be sigel).
4. If anyone could put character-status's windows screenshots of diferent tanks would nice!

So, choose an elf sigel knight worth it?

THANKS FOR READING!

Last edited by darkregion69; 12-02-2012 at 08:26 PM.
darkregion69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Elf sigel knight?

this is kind of tricky to answer as I'm actually an elf tank but that's only cause I chose to awaken my SwM to Tank class not cause elves are the best Tank race which they really are not..

there are 3 important factors to keep in mind here depending on if you go defense or offensive style.. these will hold true even in chapter 3 when we will go back to the old tanks structure..

1. defensive -> CON needs to be high
2. offensive -> STR needs to be high but still requires decent enough CON
3. reflect damage factors sadly enough still in if you care about Oly and if so Dark Avenger is the only "pro"option

as you can see light elves don't really fit any of the above 3 points..

now there's a lot one can do with gear/skill oe/legendary dyes etc. to excel at points 1 or 2 but a light elf will always have less STR then a Dark Elf Tank or less CON then say an Orc/Dwarf Tank (Stone of Destiny)..

having said that all a decent tank needs is CON past 90 and know how to play their class, if Oly or DPS is your thing then be prepared to spent huge amount of resources into the char and when I mean huge I mean insane amount of time/adena/ncions etc.

do not think you you will ever get hero without real dedication as your average competition from end game clans run around with +16 weapons, +6 armor sets, +15 Legendary dyes, reflect damage augments, skill oe's at 7~10 and full epics etc.

sorry if this comes across a little harsh but that's what you can expect and I actually have better gear etc. then my above description and I don't even bother with Oly cause I hate it with a passion dating back from even before H5 :P

to get back to your original question, if elf is really your thing then with a little dedication you'll be fine and enjoy it just don't expect to be the best tank of all tanks

Last edited by Draecke; 12-03-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Nagahl6
Goblin Lord

Nagahl6 is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as i know elvens has the same amount of con as humans (82) and, therefore, the same as the dwarven and orc awakened tankers. At least according to http://www.l2gc.com/races

My subclass is a LE tank, and it does pretty good tbh. I wouldnt trade it for a human nor a dark elf.
Nagahl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

that just shows you got no idea how GoD works as Race Skills/Stats will always stay..

for dummies: Race Skills/Stats are not equal to Class Skills

DPS:
D.Elf: Str 92 Dex 56 Con 77 Int 42 Wit 39 Men 35
Orc: Str 88 Dex 50 Con 87 Int 37 Wit 38 Men 41
Human: Str 88 Dex 55 Con 82 Int 39 Wit 39 Men 38
Kameal: Str 88 Dex 57 Con 80 Int 43 Wit 36 Men 37
Dwarf: Str 87 Dex 53 Con 85 Int 39 Wit 37 Men 40
L.Elf: Str 82 Dex 61 Con 82 Int 41 Wit 38 Men 37

DEF/CON:
Orc: Str 88 Dex 50 Con 87 Int 37 Wit 38 Men 41
Dwarf: Str 87 Dex 53 Con 85 Int 39 Wit 37 Men 40
Human: Str 88 Dex 55 Con 82 Int 39 Wit 39 Men 38
L.Elf: Str 82 Dex 61 Con 82 Int 41 Wit 38 Men 37
Kameal: Str 88 Dex 57 Con 80 Int 43 Wit 36 Men 37
D.Elf: Str 92 Dex 56 Con 77 Int 42 Wit 39 Men 35

as you can see DPS wise Light Elves will have the hardest time to reach high STR and defensive style Orc & Dwarf have it much easier as well, with Humans being the jack of all trades in the middle - again don't under estimate Dark Avengers reflect damage skills that they seem to get to keep upon awakening.

so am not saying light elves are trash or the like but just that to get it at end game competition levels it will take some serious dedication as in Oly for example things like 5 more STR/CON does matter..
Old 12-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
Harkon
Heathen Knight

Harkon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkregion69 View Post
Hi

So, choose an elf sigel knight worth it?

THANKS FOR READING!
eflish tanks have at last 1 huge advantage .. thats their runspeed. That can be very nasty in oly and very nice in pve as u usualy have to pull alot of mobs.

orcish vs elfen sigel is like gregor clegane vs a waterdancer
Harkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
Frithu
Hungry Spirit

Frithu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
orcish vs elfen sigel is like gregor clegane vs a waterdancer
What...?

More like Gregor Clegane versus Jaime Lannister!

Frithu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frithu View Post
What...?

More like Gregor Clegane versus Jaime Lannister!

With or without right hand?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
Frithu
Hungry Spirit

Frithu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
With or without right hand?
With his right hand.
Frithu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #9
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold

But the basic here is: power vs speed. Gregor Clegane=orc (power) vs Syrio Forel=elf (speed). (since Syrio Forel is the only named water dancer in the novels, apart from Arya, which is still in training)
Jaime Lannister is still a puny human!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
Draecke
Baylor

nice derail of the topic haha but at least some are talking about the novels and not just the tv show

it's awesome what will be happening with most main chars in the show thou if you have read up to the last book ^__^

Tags
class, elf, knight, sigel, tank