Lineage II Forums  
Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #21
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Mists
Posts: 10,076
Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
Still not sold on humans.

Should I babble half coherently and you say my english is better than yours Tif?
It would surely make more sense than saying that Disparition is less useful than Unbind, and not saying which stats are optimal for a healer, a class that can be played both offensively and defensively.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #22
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Smittie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 17,212
Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Sadly I geared mine defensively and play it offensively lol.

Ppl laugh on vent when I score kills.

97 healer should not be able to nuke 95+ Iss for 5k a pop right?
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #23
beleaua
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,062
beleaua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
Okay...

Now I'm curious about which stats make Human healers better than Elven healers.
This is about d.elfs vs human. Of course elves are better, see the amount of crit heal they have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
Still not sold on humans.

Should I babble half coherently and you say my english is better than yours Tif?
Maybe you should babble something about what makes d.elf healers better than the other races.

Anyway, I guess with the new big update incoming, there wont be possible anymore to go other race classes on main. I didn't read about but makes sense to automatically awake as shilien saint aeore or cardinal aeore and so on, from those specific 3rd classes.

Last edited by beleaua; 01-17-2013 at 04:40 AM.
beleaua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #24
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Mists
Posts: 10,076
Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beleaua View Post
This is about d.elfs vs human. Of course elves are better, see the amount of crit heal they have.
Oh, I know... I was talking about Elven healers as a mean to cite both Dark and Light elves. They're races steamed from the same roots...

I've yet to see a convincing argument about human healers being better than their dark elven counterparts. Sounds better now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beleaua View Post
Maybe you should babble something about what makes d.elf healers better than the other races.
Well, for instance, Disparition... Healers have Dissolve as a target-cancel skill, but Disparition has practically the same effect. Let one expire, pop the other one.
Not to mention that thanks to their high m.atk, in solo pvp they can perform better. Oh by the way, magical critical rate isn't really an issue, I crit pretty often with my heals and I'm a Dark Elf

Last edited by Tiferet1; 01-17-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
beleaua
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,062
beleaua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Aside from that Disparition, which I said before that it isnt exactly the greatest skill imo, I have yet to see what else makes DE better. You said high m.atk, how high exactly because if you think the difference between 15k or whatever number has a D.Elf in heavy and someone with like 2k lower m.atk is a big changing game, it isnt. We all know the difference is very very small when you have such amount of m.atk, its because of the square root of the m.atk. It might have decent amount of crit, I can compare to my sub since it has one more wit than your d.elf but you havent seen the elves crits, I made one elf healer from scratch and it doesnt even compare. Anyway, I think those active racial skills are going to be removed when the new update comes and everyone will be able to pick whatever they want from a new set of skills. I also think there wont be possible anymore to be elf or d.elf cardinal for example so if someone prefer a d.elf more than the other races, now is the time to make your class as you want it. Personal preference, d.elfs were always the stun magnet race, has slightly lower defensive stats than other races but its not that big game change, especially if you have the money to buy all the stats items and definitely I don't see anything that puts them above humans with just basic stats, to make me pick d.elfs over humans, except maybe aesthetics?! That would probably be the only reason I'd choose d.elfs over humans but still, I made my long time d.elf healer an iss and decided to use other race for a main healer.

Last edited by beleaua; 01-17-2013 at 02:33 PM.
beleaua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #26
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Smittie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 17,212
Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

If it helps you cope with dark elves a bit more, I can assure you I dont get stunned very often.

I would only go light elf if I wanted to save some adena on WIT tattoos.

I dont think light elf or humans have better racial skills than dark elf, and initial stats are kinda pointless unless they are super low.

If anything, the runner up to dark elf healer is the orc one.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #27
Tiferet1
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Mists
Posts: 10,076
Tiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to beholdTiferet1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

For the record, INT helps with debuff landing, along with...uhm...magical accuracy? I know there's some complicated formula involving those stats.
Tiferet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #28
beleaua
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,062
beleaua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
If it helps you cope with dark elves a bit more, I can assure you I dont get stunned very often.

I would only go light elf if I wanted to save some adena on WIT tattoos.

I dont think light elf or humans have better racial skills than dark elf, and initial stats are kinda pointless unless they are super low.

If anything, the runner up to dark elf healer is the orc one.
I didnt say that elfs or humans racials are better just that d.elf one is that OP compared to human one for example. You can further increase WIT on elf and that not for the cast speed. Orc has a great racial too, good defensive stats just that it has lower WIT so I guess you make this healer just for pure group support only, not offensive healer. The thing is, every other race than d.elfs kinda have better stats and d.elf racial wont mean anything in a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet1 View Post
For the record, INT helps with debuff landing, along with...uhm...magical accuracy? I know there's some complicated formula involving those stats.
For the record, from all tests I've seen over the years, none proved me that m.atk actually has any influence in landing rate so no, INT doesnt help. There are way more conclusive tests that prove WIT helps on landing rate and targets MEN also helps in resisting debuffs. Magic accuracy alone isnt for land rate, is to help spells to not fail, indirectly affecting the land rate if spells miss but its not calculated in landing process after you don't miss the spell. There are also important things like basic land rate, mental attack passives/jewelry and target resist debuffs/passives/jewelry/whatever besides WIT/MEN but INT has no role in it.

Last edited by beleaua; 01-19-2013 at 05:20 AM.
beleaua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #29
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Smittie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 17,212
Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beleaua View Post
I didnt say that elfs or humans racials are better just that d.elf one is that OP compared to human one for example. You can further increase WIT on elf and that not for the cast speed. Orc has a great racial too, good defensive stats just that it has lower WIT so I guess you make this healer just for pure group support only, not offensive healer. The thing is, every other race than d.elfs kinda have better stats and d.elf racial wont mean anything in a few months.


For the record, from all tests I've seen over the years, none proved me that m.atk actually has any influence in landing rate so no, INT doesnt help. There are way more conclusive tests that prove WIT helps on landing rate and targets MEN also helps in resisting debuffs. Magic accuracy alone isnt for land rate, is to help spells to not fail, indirectly affecting the land rate if spells miss but its not calculated in landing process after you don't miss the spell. There are also important things like basic land rate, mental attack passives/jewelry and target resist debuffs/passives/jewelry/whatever besides WIT/MEN but INT has no role in it.
Why wouldnt the dark elf racial mean anything? You dont think a dark elf healer would enjoy not being targetable for a few seconds? Do you even pvp?

I guess if dark elf had such bad stats for healer in pvp, I should die alot. Funny thing is I dont. And I do enjoy popping Disparition every now and then also. And I have never been in a situation where the human racial active skill would have mattered...
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #30
beleaua
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,062
beleaua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

lol, alright then, if you think removing stun and making you immune for 10 sec doesn't matter but the other one is best ever, 5 sec unable of being targeted, by mobs perhaps because plenty of classes have AoE skills w/o target and pvp last way more than 5 sec, I guess its personal choice because I don't see a strong argument in there. Enjoy it while you have it I guess, it wont be there for much longer.

Last edited by beleaua; 01-23-2013 at 08:44 AM.
beleaua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #31
Ana69
Hungry Spirit
 
Ana69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Arg~ ♠♣♥♦♪♫♠♣♥♦♪♫
Posts: 123
Ana69 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beleaua View Post
lol, alright then, if you think removing stun and making you immune for 10 sec doesn't matter but the other one is best ever, 5 sec unable of being targeted, by mobs perhaps because plenty of classes have AoE skills w/o target and pvp last way more than 5 sec, I guess its personal choice because I don't see a strong argument in there. Enjoy it while you have it I guess, it wont be there for much longer.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...xleeo1_400.gif
Ana69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #32
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Smittie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 17,212
Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beleaua View Post
lol, alright then, if you think removing stun and making you immune for 10 sec doesn't matter but the other one is best ever, 5 sec unable of being targeted, by mobs perhaps because plenty of classes have AoE skills w/o target and pvp last way more than 5 sec, I guess its personal choice because I don't see a strong argument in there. Enjoy it while you have it I guess, it wont be there for much longer.
Not getting stunned much, maybe I have better stun resist than you, but I doubt it.

I do have more than 1 person beating on me in pvp, alot more actually. And having them all being unable to target me for a few helps alot.

Enjoy your pve out of stun skill, at some point you will probably start pvping and realize just how bad it is compared to Disparition.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #33
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken
 
Smittie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 17,212
Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana69 View Post
Idiots applauding. Yes, strong case.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #34
beleaua
Imperial Warlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,062
beleaua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
Enjoy your pve out of stun skill, at some point you will probably start pvping and realize just how bad it is compared to Disparition.
maybe you will realize some day how disparition never save you from classes with aoe, which makes disparition mostly good in pve and overrated in pvp.
beleaua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #35
Arang2
Goblin Lord
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 30
Arang2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

I do think the racial skill from d.elf does make it attempting but nonetheless it's not correct to put down other race just by that racial skill. There's a reason why the developers gave them such a skill. I play human healer and I do think it's very balance and love it. The desperation skill is quite useful for the 5 secs length but it is true that AoEs will still be able to hit it just like the Stone Transformation from ISS. Only Bot Pvpers with auto assist are gonna fall for it, for knowledgeable pvpers, that skill doesn't really have the upper-hand except canceling the debuffs. As for the pvp of d.elf, Matk is sure a good plus on it but it's lacking in cast speed. Yes, the major heals for healers are not cast dependent but they are not spammable. Slower cast makes it easier to be cancel like when use group heal or even in solo pvp. E.g. delf vs human or light elf healer, one with faster cast who use dark force would have cancel whatever skill the d.elf use and this cast speed/debuff is critical especially in class base oly. I'm not trying to put down any race/class but just want to have some input oh what ppl here have been saying about the d.elf. I will not say anything about the human healers as that's another whole essay, too much to write. In all, everyone have their own views on pvp/pve about which stats they wanna aim for and i'm sure each player is aware of their own weakness and would of think of ways to reduce that weakness. I solely pick human just for the appearance and learn to play and adapt with it's strength and weakness.
Arang2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #36
randomNab
Thunder Wyrm
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 345
randomNab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aeore D.elf?

All this discussion about racial skills is pointless since you can choose which racial skills you get on lindvior.
randomNab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dark, elf, healer, race

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.