Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 11-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
Magnakai
Hungry Spirit

Magnakai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Serious Complaint : NCSoft screwing up stackable consummables by introducing too many 'versions'

Hey NC, I really don't get it. Changing the price of L2Store items is one thing, why must you deliberately introduce a DIFFERENT VERSION of the SAME ITEM everytime ????! this is not the first time you have proven inconsistent.

Why is it a problem- it's a big bloody problem to me, because different versions of stackables (of the same effect) DO NOT STACK TOGETHER. Just mysterious SS/BSPS-R alone I have 4 different event varieties. That's 8 Inventory Slots! What about CP Cookies, MP Potions, Warrior Potions, a few different items of this sort, and u may find that ur inventory is full of duplicate stacks of the SAME ITEM. THIS IS REDUNDANCY.

Now my main concern is the 'revised price' MP Recovery Potions. Those used to be 39nc for 3, but now u have introduced a duplicate item which does not stack with the old; 5nc for 1 ones. What am I going to do with my old stack of 100+ potions? THEY DONT STACK WITH THE NEW? BUT THEY ARE ESSENTIALLY THE SAME BLOODY ITEM?

Could I at least submit a ticket in to have my old stack of items converted to the new ones, because I have spent a lot of money on collecting the old ones. I expect some NC Official to contact me, or otherwise respond to this thread thanks. I have wasted on 118 x mp potions of the old type, that is 118/3 x 39nc about 1,534 NC wasted on incompatible pots (imo worthless). Must be some kind of piss joke because I just bought a substantial amount (out of the 118) only last week.

NC Please Respond.

Last edited by Magnakai; 11-11-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Magnakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #2
Magnakai
Hungry Spirit

Default Re: Serious Complaint : NCSoft screwing up stackable consummables by introducing too many 'versions'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnakai View Post
Could I at least submit a ticket in to have my old stack of items converted to the new ones, because I have spent a lot of money on collecting the old ones
do u realise i'm not even complaining about being ripped off -8nc per pot by 1 single update lol, i take that as my own bad luck. i just want my old same consummables (which i purchased from YOU) to stack with the new

Last edited by Magnakai; 11-11-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #3
LightningStrike
Banned

LightningStrike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Serious Complaint : NCSoft screwing up stackable consummables by introducing too many 'versions'

You wont get a reply. sorry. Submit a ticket and wait like everyone else and when i say wait i mean wait for your automated reply.
LightningStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
Magnakai
Hungry Spirit

yeah an automated reply. that's why i am posting here. let's wait and see
Old 11-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
Juji
Producer

Juji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond reputeJuji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnakai View Post
Hey NC, I really don't get it. Changing the price of L2Store items is one thing, why must you deliberately introduce a DIFFERENT VERSION of the SAME ITEM everytime ????! this is not the first time you have proven inconsistent.

Why is it a problem- it's a big bloody problem to me, because different versions of stackables (of the same effect) DO NOT STACK TOGETHER. Just mysterious SS/BSPS-R alone I have 4 different event varieties. That's 8 Inventory Slots! What about CP Cookies, MP Potions, Warrior Potions, a few different items of this sort, and u may find that ur inventory is full of duplicate stacks of the SAME ITEM. THIS IS REDUNDANCY.

Now my main concern is the 'revised price' MP Recovery Potions. Those used to be 39nc for 3, but now u have introduced a duplicate item which does not stack with the old; 5nc for 1 ones. What am I going to do with my old stack of 100+ potions? THEY DONT STACK WITH THE NEW? BUT THEY ARE ESSENTIALLY THE SAME BLOODY ITEM?

Could I at least submit a ticket in to have my old stack of items converted to the new ones, because I have spent a lot of money on collecting the old ones. I expect some NC Official to contact me, or otherwise respond to this thread thanks. I have wasted on 118 x mp potions of the old type, that is 118/3 x 39nc about 1,534 NC wasted on incompatible pots (imo worthless). Must be some kind of piss joke because I just bought a substantial amount (out of the 118) only last week.

NC Please Respond.
Hello Magnakai,

The item version is actually different (now tradable). Please submit a support ticket.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #6
Magnakai
Hungry Spirit

Ok the new version is tradeable, but at the same time to the change, you are not putting the old type on sale anymore. Which means I will be stuck with 2 stacks nevertheless. ie. i cannot reduce 2 stacks of this item to 1 by buying the non-tradeable version anymore.

I'm not questioning what NC is entitled to do, it's about whether the changes are fair or what recourse you are giving players in my shoes? This does not seem fair man. I just bought a lot of the old type last week. And now I bought some of the new. Can u either change the new type to the old, or old type to the new? I don't really care if the old type was not tradeable, I knew that and i still bought 118 units of the old type.

I'll submit a ticket to support.

Last edited by Magnakai; 11-11-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #7
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Just make the dimensional merchant be able to convert them, much like the changes in vitality items right now.

That way we can cut down on the inventory slots easily.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:55 PM   #8
Magnakai
Hungry Spirit

yeah that would be one solution.

but what i was trying to say is that, if their intention was to introduce a similar item with a slight difference, why not change all old versions currently existing in the game world to the new type as part of the change? Unless of course, it is their intention to have both varieties of an item continue to exist in the game world ... but that clearly is untrue (for the present case), because the old type of potion is no longer available for purchase, indicating intention for only 1 type to be available in the future.

it's like, in the past, if they decided to for eg. add 10 pts. to the base p.atk of a Damascus sword with a new update, after the patch p.atk of all Damascus swords existing in the world would be respectively upp'ed (crafted, dropped, or otherwise generated in the item server), oe'ed or not. could they not change all existing mp pots in the world from non-tradeable to tradeable (all other stats appear to be the same, this being the only change), then amend l2store to reflect the new price. why leave old messy stuff behind

remember Warrior Helmet? remember Valkyrie Helm? these items were non-tradeable once. After some weekly maintenance, all such helms being sold in the L2Store AND existing in the world (sold) became tradeable. To-date there is no variety of such items on the servers. Only 1 type per exists. so the mp pots ...

unless of course, they say 'that method is unworkable for stackables' ... in such a case they may have to resort to something like what u said, have an in-game medium for manual player change. or if they say, such change would require every single player-owned pot in the world to be manually amended by Support, then omitting such change might be more understandable.

Last edited by Magnakai; 11-12-2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:45 AM   #9
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Ya, I wasnt so much referring to cp pots and stuff, but when I have 5 different kinds of blessed res scrolls, and 5 different kinds of blessed soe, I feel it could have been avoided.
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote