Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Community Corner > Fan Site News

Login

Fan Site News Fan Sites may share news and announcements here with the community.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:25 AM   #41
DrachaVonDrachen
Antharas

DrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to beholdDrachaVonDrachen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Player Spotlight: Linnda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnda View Post
Also your avatar and signature is mildly offensive. Your avatar provokes flaming while your signature objectifies Asian women.

Hope you have a great day.
An avatar is simply that... the reason behind ones choice for avatar is relative to the individual. None of us should really care why it was selected. As for that signature pic... I enjoy it each and every time I come across Lineage posts. We should keep in this is just a community forum for a game... let's not take all this so serious.

A few years ago they removed a single breast from a picture on a wall in Aden (too offensive?), silly censorship after years of being in our virtual world.

Don't waste your time on the comments posted by player haters. Don't get me wrong... I enjoy Linnda and all she does in our playground.

Enjoy the game.
DrachaVonDrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #42
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrachaVonDrachen View Post
An avatar is simply that... the reason behind ones choice for avatar is relative to the individual. None of us should really care why it was selected. As for that signature pic... I enjoy it each and every time I come across Lineage posts. We should keep in this is just a community forum for a game... let's not take all this so serious.

A few years ago they removed a single breast from a picture on a wall in Aden (too offensive?), silly censorship after years of being in our virtual world.

Don't waste your time on the comments posted by player haters. Don't get me wrong... I enjoy Linnda and all she does in our playground.

Enjoy the game.
I have nothing better to do though. :<
Linnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:34 AM   #43
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnda View Post
Also your avatar and signature is mildly offensive. Your avatar provokes flaming while your signature objectifies Asian women.

Hope you have a great day.
His avatar is just some random asian. And his signature is a nice picture of 2 asian girls eating some candy.

What is so bad about asians Linnda?

And do you not enjoy candy every now and then?
Smittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #44
kapy1994
Grave Predator

kapy1994 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
His avatar is just some random asian.

That random currently in power president of North Korea...
kapy1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #45
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

The Eternal President of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is Kim Il-seong:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Portrait-2.jpg

Kim Jeong-eun, the gentleman on Lineage's avatar, is Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army, First Secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea (the Eternal General Secretary is Kim Jeong-il), Chairman of the Workers' Party's Central Military Commission, and Chairman of the National Defence Commission of North Korea. That's why there are so many photos of him in a military context

Technically Kim Yeong-nam, the Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly, is the president of North Korea:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...5_wisk8rc3.jpg

Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #46
ThirdEye
Hungry Spirit

ThirdEye is an unknown quantity at this point

it would be cool if the ncwest team used the interviews from jkoster to remake Team Bios from the legacy L2 website that would be cool

http://legacy.lineage2.com/community/teambios.html

Last edited by ThirdEye; 04-28-2014 at 11:34 PM. Reason: link
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #47
BigBubbles
Zaken

BigBubbles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
it would be cool if the ncwest team used the interviews from jkoster to remake Team Bios from the legacy L2 website that would be cool

Why ? Those were NCsoft staff, the interview's he does are the player's.
BigBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #48
ThirdEye
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoster View Post
That's right... I'll be coming for you soon, Vali! Juji too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBubbles View Post
Why ? Those were NCsoft staff, the interview's he does are the player's.
this is why...

also it would be interesting + fun to get bios not only from players but from staff as well I had fun reading all of jkosters spotlight interviews but it never crossed my mind he would be able to do staff too (mind=blown)
Old 04-29-2014, 12:14 AM   #49
jkoster
Baylor

jkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nicejkoster is just really nice

Quote:
this is why...

also it would be interesting + fun to get bios not only from players but from staff as well I had fun reading all of jkosters spotlight interviews but it never crossed my mind he would be able to do staff too (mind=blown)
Back when I worked Vault, we did staff interviews. Sadly, those are lost to the Abyss now, but we had some great ones.

I can only interview staff if they're willing, though!
Old 04-29-2014, 01:40 AM   #50
BigBubbles
Zaken

Quote:

Quote:
this is why...

Sure I think it would be fun to read their interview's, but not to update the bio's on the legacy site. For one thing that's L2 history, hence he legacy part. Second I think it would be disheartening to see just how much the staff of NC NA has shrunk in size.

But yes, I think their interview's could be fun and informative.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:09 AM   #51
ThirdEye
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoster View Post
Back when I worked Vault, we did staff interviews. Sadly, those are lost to the Abyss now, but we had some great ones.

I can only interview staff if they're willing, though!
Quote:
Sure I think it would be fun to read their interview's, but not to update the bio's on the legacy site. For one thing that's L2 history, hence he legacy part. Second I think it would be disheartening to see just how much the staff of NC NA has shrunk in size.

But yes, I think their interview's could be fun and informative.
hopefully like Vali they participate and in time add a section to lineage2.com with the current team bio there are some mods I see on the forums like Wavirox etc so I'm sure there are some more hiding in the background
Old 04-29-2014, 09:48 AM   #52
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

Smittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud ofSmittie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapy1994 View Post
That random currently in power president of North Korea...
You know, they all look the same to me. ;D
Old 04-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #53
Linnda
Zaken

Linnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to beholdLinnda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie View Post
His avatar is just some random asian. And his signature is a nice picture of 2 asian girls eating some candy.

What is so bad about asians Linnda?

His avatar is the what Yidao just explained. Like Aconyte's profile picture it would probably provoke some very unhealthy and negative responses from the community...well probably if it was the same community 6 years ago. Now its full of anons who have the mentality of /b/ anons. The avatar is lulz so no one would care.

I'm Asian. I find the recent rush of K-Pop Stars and J-Idols extremely objectifying. Seems like every non-Asian nowadays has the Asian fever and does a whole lot of crap that p!sses me off from experience.

http://youtu.be/2TK02tMOp_g

Every freaking time.
Linnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:57 AM   #54
Smittie
Earth Wyrm Trasken

I guess we could ask him to change his sig to 2 asian guys enjoying some lollipops, but I dont think that would be as welcomed as his current one.

Still dont see how it objectifying.

Should you not be happy everyone loves asians?
Old 04-30-2014, 05:23 AM   #55
BigBubbles
Zaken

It isn't really that we have a fixation with Asian's per se,if you look at that sig it's more about the innocence they are trying to portray. For instance any cute female dressed as a parochial school girl in pigtail's would elicit the same response from us. It's the innocence thing.

I'm liking my current avatar atm, but I have other's, and let's just say they involve bouncing. I may decide to run with one of them sooner or later, pre apologies if this offend's, as it's not meant to, just another of those thing's we guy's like.

Now why do females have this fixation with Justin Bieber, and guy's like him Linnda ? Something we males don't really get, LOL.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:57 AM   #56
iNoisia
Remnant Diabolist

iNoisia will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Now why do females have this fixation with Justin Bieber, and guy's like him Linnda ? Something we males don't really get, LOL.
I'm not a male but i also didnt get it :|
iNoisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:29 AM   #57
kapy1994
Grave Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNoisia View Post
I'm not a male but i also didnt get it :|
He asks why girls are allowed to like Justin Bieber and guys arent allowed to like Asian girls...
Old 04-30-2014, 07:44 AM   #58
kapy1994
Grave Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yidao View Post
The Eternal President of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is Kim Il-seong:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Portrait-2.jpg

Kim Jeong-eun, the gentleman on Lineage's avatar, is Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army, First Secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea (the Eternal General Secretary is Kim Jeong-il), Chairman of the Workers' Party's Central Military Commission, and Chairman of the National Defence Commission of North Korea. That's why there are so many photos of him in a military context

Technically Kim Yeong-nam, the Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly, is the president of North Korea:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...5_wisk8rc3.jpg

The person on the avatar of which we speak is the current in power general, president and w/e how many titles he has... read some news or something! Thanks
Old 04-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #59
BigBubbles
Zaken

Quote:
He asks why girls are allowed to like Justin Bieber and guys arent allowed to like Asian girls...
You don't read very well, I asked no such thing. I did ask why females like Justin Bieber, and this still remain's a mystery.................

Also Yidao said the same thing you said when you were trying to "correct" him, this also point's to a lack of reading comprehension.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:29 AM   #60
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The person on the avatar of which we speak is the current in power general, president and w/e how many titles he has... read some news or something! Thanks
This is getting a bit away from player spotlights, but please try to read every word I wrote. Kim Jeong-eun, the person on the avatar of which we speak, is overrated, both in North Korea and abroad. In reality it's nondescript old men who pull the strings

Kim Jeong-eun has the positions I listed, but he is not president of North Korea. It is Kim Yeong-nam who will sign a peace treaty with president Obama. To keep it simple, it is Kim Jeong-eun's job to make sure that the North Korean nukes are properly delivered and detonated, while it's Kim Yeong-nam and prime minister Bak Bong-ju who say where and when

As a primary source of information I can warmly recommend the Workers' News:
http://www.ro****.rep.kp/en/
As you can see, it's censored here. The url is www.r o d o n g.rep.kp/en

Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
community, interview, l2rpa, player spotlight