Lineage II Forums  
Old 06-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
MDMAHigh
Hungry Spirit

MDMAHigh is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Feoh Storm Screamer GEAR

Hey guys, im dualing a 99 feoh storm screamer

i got a question regarding what are the best boss jewels i could use?

Atm i got like:

Anthy Earr
Bless Zaken Earr
Tezza Soul Neck
AQ Soul Ring
Baium Soul Ring

Should I change tezza for valakas? Any suggestions?
I got R99+6 full elem robe set, +8 bloody retrib and will get soon Sapp lvl3 and INT+M.atk hat

Any other advise would be really apreaciated thx

PS: My goal is to build a PvE orianted feoh
MDMAHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #2
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord

AnotherSorc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feoh Storm Screamer GEAR

Yes get Valakas instead Soul Tezza.

Get Opal along with your Sapphire and when augmenting, keep +70 Attribute Attack, dont go for 15% MCritDmg.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:52 AM   #3
MDMAHigh
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherSorc View Post

Get Opal along with your Sapphire and when augmenting, keep +70 Attribute Attack, dont go for 15% MCritDmg.

well thx i already got INT+M.atk hair acc, getting sapphire next.

Ill get maybe opal if i have enough adena left ^^

U think i should invest more in armor? I say +6 full elem set is ok for now, focus more on wep and jewels for dmg
Old 06-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #4
Sharlanna
Imperial Warlord

Sharlanna will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Oh great. I had +70 attribute attack but back then people were saying go for the 15% m.crit dmg so I did. Does it really make that big of a difference?
Sharlanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #5
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

Devoid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlanna View Post
Oh great. I had +70 attribute attack but back then people were saying go for the 15% m.crit dmg so I did. Does it really make that big of a difference?
With GC changes by increasing all monster elemental defense, yes. You should only take mcd if you have longing/insanity+ssq combo skill AND the 3/5 star agathion atk attribute boost and the low level attribute boost ability level 2, at the minimum. Namely, if you don't have 500, you'd best go for +70 atk attribute aug, otherwise it depends.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:06 AM   #6
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
It was an advice for OP, not for everyone
I think for you the +15% is better.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:08 AM   #7
AnotherSorc
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMAHigh View Post
U think i should invest more in armor? I say +6 full elem set is ok for now, focus more on wep and jewels for dmg
For PVE, you never need more than R95+8 set (you can bless it with daily coins).
So best sell your R99+6 and get the Seraph.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:49 AM   #8
MDMAHigh
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
For PVE, you never need more than R95+8 set (you can bless it with daily coins).
So best sell your R99+6 and get the Seraph.
well id rather stick to +6 r99 and save the adena for smt else.

Current Setup:

R99 Robe Set+6+3x120
INT+M.atk Hat
Venir 8
Hellfire Talisman
+16 Bless Apo Retrib / +8 Bloody Retrib (need to sell 1 ^^)
Anthy, Bless Zaken, Baium Soul, AQ Soul

Need to get Valakas and Sapphire lvl3 and maybe Abund lvl1 and dyes (i think 30 x +5 int dyes right? or do i need to boost some other stat too?)

With this setup , should be good, right?
Old 06-16-2017, 08:48 AM   #9
Chucksteak
Dark Lord

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

Current Setup:

R99 Robe Set+6+3x120 - Is OK, but a goal should be to work towards a +8 set. Definitely don't downgrade for multiple reasons.

INT+M.atk Hat - Is OK, but you probably should wear your exulted tiara, unless you have over 550 element already.

Venir 8 - This is very meh, but you wont see a ton of improvement from this alone. Im not sure they can fail when combining (mine never have) so just work on it when its convenient.

Hellfire Talisman - If you use Ncoin and play events, save up for the Longing with hero coin. Otherwise, this can be upgraded with some items and parts of your human soul. Hellfire is ok as long as you don't compare it to anything above it.

+16 Bless Apo Retrib / +8 Bloody Retrib (need to sell 1 ^^) - A +16 is nice, the bloody is probably better. Again if you use Ncoin you can save up for some ancient enchants. Otherwise work on giving it SAs if it doesn't have them.

Anthy, Bless Zaken, Baium Soul, AQ Soul - There is OFC a whole other tier of epics above what you have, but you are set up very similar to me. Swap the frint for val as you said. If you were to upgrade, a Lindvior would probably give you the biggest dmg boost, although will cost enough to make you think the seller isn't serious.

Need to get Valakas and Sapphire lvl3

If you don't have a 4 slot broach, do the quest that gives you a small one and work it up. Making a 5 slot is relatively cheap for what you can get out of it, but the gems are always over priced. Look for Opals, Blue cats eye, and an emerald or some defensive ones of your choice to slot in next to your sapphire.

and maybe Abund lvl1

Abundance lvl 1 is pretty cool. Pricey too. If you have a yellow abundance low grade, work on collecting the other 3 when its convenient. Build your own, just wait to the boxes to be sold in the L2 store and the prices will lower around that time for the recipes and parts. You can make the craft a 100% rate with some 15-20 I used the hunter's for a long time and it was great for sieges and CoC.

and dyes (i think 30 x +5 int dyes right? or do i need to boost some other stat too?)

This sounds ok. I would ask around, it might be that some men is desirable now with the whole dmg goes to mana and you don't die thing. Some people like cha, I prefer luc.

You should deal great dmg with some minor tweaks. Almost everything gear wise is a very small improvement that all has to add up. With the exception of Armor. Going +6 to +8 is a whole different level of playing, and then again at +8 to +10, no other improvement will yield as much return by a long shot. The next biggest impacts are all L2 store exclusive items, broach gems, shirts that make you immortal ect.

Actually thinking back on what I said about your wep, +16 is a better dmg modifier to Bsps dmg, so I would do test on mobs to see witch one actually hits harder.

Full disclosure, I haven't played a feoh in years. So as always, please second guess me and run in game tests. But this is how I would go about it more or less.

I really enjoy your positive attitude and posts, your always trying to get better in a respectful manner and without (openly at least) asking "where do I spend my $5000, I wanna be awesome". I wish you the best of luck.

-CS
Chucksteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #10
Kasken
Tainted Zombie

Kasken is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of curiosity, ive seen a few people say using the Exalted Tiara > int+mattack accessory... any thoughts on that? I currently am sitting at 390 attribute as an Archmage (Fire) (at 105 it will go up another 25). I know overall that's a bit low, but my weapon has a +1 int +15% m crit damage aug so really dont want to reroll that

I haven't really done any testing, just curious. Gear wise I'm pretty decent - not god stacked but decent
Kasken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #11
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Rodah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasken View Post
Out of curiosity, ive seen a few people say using the Exalted Tiara > int+mattack accessory... any thoughts on that? I currently am sitting at 390 attribute as an Archmage (Fire) (at 105 it will go up another 25). I know overall that's a bit low, but my weapon has a +1 int +15% m crit damage aug so really dont want to reroll that

I haven't really done any testing, just curious. Gear wise I'm pretty decent - not god stacked but decent
Monster attribute defense was increased to 500 in GC (for 100+ mobs). This basically means to have "neutral" damage (no element damage bonus or damage nerf) you need at least 500 element attack. As of right now, your damage is nerfed on 100+ mobs with only 390 attribute attack. Whether or not this decrease is off set by your M.Attack increase from acc, I don't know.

It should be easy to test but, I suspect you won't see much change simply because your ele attack is so low. +50 won't even get you to the neutral point. The numbers change when you start surpassing 500~ and get closer to the max element damage bonus which occurs at around 700.

Last edited by Rodah; 06-17-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Rodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:04 AM   #12
Sharlanna
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodah View Post
Monster attribute defense was increased to 500 in GC (for 100+ mobs). This basically means to have "neutral" damage (no element damage bonus or damage nerf) you need at least 500 element attack. As of right now, your damage is nerfed on 100+ mobs with only 390 attribute attack. Whether or not this decrease is off set by your M.Attack increase from acc, I don't know.

It should be easy to test but, I suspect you won't see much change simply because your ele attack is so low. +50 won't even get you to the neutral point. The numbers change when you start surpassing the 500~ and get closer to the max element damage bonus which occurs at around 700.
How in the world do you get it to 500+ without spending a small fortune? Looks like it's time to go back to getting +70 atk augment but it will have to wait until free removals. I had it but everyone was saying to go for +15% m.crit.dmg so I changed it. What spirit/life stones will give you +70 att atk. Been so long since I had it and don't remember what I used.

Last edited by Sharlanna; 06-17-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #13
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

Quote:
How in the world do you get it to 500+ without spending a small fortune? Looks like it's time to go back to getting +70 atk augment but it will have to wait until free removals. I had it but everyone was saying to go for +15% m.crit.dmg so I changed it. What spirit/life stones will give you +70 att atk. Been so long since I had it and don't remember what I used.
300 - Weapon (assuming you don't own a dragon weapon)

Take your pick:
+10 Battle Ditty
+25/+50 Magician's Divine Shot 1/2
+30 Twinkling/Blessed Zodiac agathion
+40 Magician's Elemental Shot 3
+40/+70/+120 Opal 3 (if you are cheapskate)/Opal 4 (easy mode)/5 or 6
+50 Exalted tiara
+50 Longing/Insanity+SSQ
+70 if you choose to have attribute aug

EDIT: As others noted, +40 from Warrior's Elemental Shot is possible

Last edited by Devoid; 06-17-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:28 PM   #14
Kasken
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
300 - Weapon (assuming you don't own a dragon weapon)

Take your pick:
+10 Battle Ditty
+25/+50 Magician's Divine Shot 1/2
+30 Twinkling/Radiant Zodiac agathion
+40 Magician's Elemental Shot 3
+40/+70/+120 Opal 3 (if you are cheapskate)/Opal 4 (easy mode)/5 or 6
+50 Exalted tiara
+50 Longing/Insanity+SSQ
+70 if you choose to have attribute aug
He did say without insane expensive. Magicians divine shot 1 = 105 so 2 is 106, not sure anyone is 106 yet on our server

+30 zodiacs are almost impossible to find, perm insane expensive and the temps are mostly gone / converted to nevitts
AP tree to 40 is a given
Battle ditty is a given
Is the 50 from exalted tiara > +3 int / 10% mattack?
I have longing, but not the 45b to drop for a 7s energy at this moment in time

70 from weapon would be awesome, but ive only got a dark weapon, not bloody currently... and +1 int / 15% m crit damage augment would be really hard to drop without the evidence backing it (more for pvp than pve)
Old 06-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #15
Rodah
Heathen Knight

Rodah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You can still apply points to multiple AP trees so 4 points in Warrior Tree = 40 Attribute Attack. Top Spirit Stones give 70 Attribute at a pretty good rate but Top Stones are very expensive.

Quote:
He did say without insane expensive. Magicians divine shot 1 = 105 so 2 is 106, not sure anyone is 106 yet on our server

+30 zodiacs are almost impossible to find, perm insane expensive and the temps are mostly gone / converted to nevitts
AP tree to 40 is a given
Battle ditty is a given
Is the 50 from exalted tiara > +3 int / 10% mattack?
I have longing, but not the 45b to drop for a 7s energy at this moment in time

70 from weapon would be awesome, but ive only got a dark weapon, not bloody currently... and +1 int / 15% m crit damage augment would be really hard to drop without the evidence backing it (more for pvp than pve)
See above about APs. Lv4/5 Agathions are "easy" to get. They come in Ultimate/Divine Packs and are tradeable. While I know it isn't cheap, I think the Divine Pack is really nice ($50/month) as it also includes Rare Acc Pack and you can sell the 100% Rune, Abundance Tali, and Dandy's (to a trustworthy person ofc).

So really, it's not too hard for an average player to hit 500+ Attribute Attack:
Weap - 300
Tiara - 50
Opal 3 - 40
AP - 80
Aug - 70
Agathion - 30 (optional ofc)

That is 540 - 570!
Old 06-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #16
Sharlanna
Imperial Warlord

Quote:
You can still apply points to multiple AP trees so 4 points in Warrior Tree = 40 Attribute Attack. Top Spirit Stones give 70 Attribute at a pretty good rate but Top Stones are very expensive.

See above about APs. Lv4/5 Agathions are "easy" to get. They come in Ultimate/Divine Packs and are tradeable. While I know it isn't cheap, I think the Divine Pack is really nice ($50/month) as it also includes Rare Acc Pack and you can sell the 100% Rune, Abundance Tali, and Dandy's (to a trustworthy person ofc).

So really, it's not too hard for an average player to hit 500+ Attribute Attack:
Weap - 300
Tiara - 50
Opal 3 - 40
AP - 80
Aug - 70
Agathion - 30 (optional ofc)

That is 540 - 570!
Changed my ability tree today and applied the warrior att atk for +40. I'm up to 470... well, 500 but my 30 day blessed agathion expires soon.

Last edited by Sharlanna; 06-18-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:25 PM   #17
Devoid
Purgatory Shadow

Quote:
the temps are mostly converted to nevits)
Elaborate please. How can temp zodiac agathions be converted, especially the character-bound ones (cannot do anything but add to wh)?
Old 06-18-2017, 08:25 AM   #18
Kasken
Tainted Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
Elaborate please. How can temp zodiac agathions be converted, especially the character-bound ones (cannot do anything but add to wh)?

I apologize, I didnt realize the 30 day ones also drop from the 4k NCoin packs. The ones that came with the 200% XP packs two months ago (5 star 30 day temp aga) were all converted to Nevitt's cloaks when they changed the promotion via ticket to their customer support.

I know of multiple people who did this because the cloaks were superior to the agathion.

If I got a pack and popped up that would give me 420 ele. The only additional ele I could get is dropping 4 points from my wizards AP tree which is a fairly substantial amount unless I get a second weapon.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #19
MDMAHigh
Hungry Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksteak View Post
Current Setup:

R99 Robe Set+6+3x120 - Is OK, but a goal should be to work towards a +8 set. Definitely don't downgrade for multiple reasons.

INT+M.atk Hat - Is OK, but you probably should wear your exulted tiara, unless you have over 550 element already.

Venir 8 - This is very meh, but you wont see a ton of improvement from this alone. Im not sure they can fail when combining (mine never have) so just work on it when its convenient.

Hellfire Talisman - If you use Ncoin and play events, save up for the Longing with hero coin. Otherwise, this can be upgraded with some items and parts of your human soul. Hellfire is ok as long as you don't compare it to anything above it.

+16 Bless Apo Retrib / +8 Bloody Retrib (need to sell 1 ^^) - A +16 is nice, the bloody is probably better. Again if you use Ncoin you can save up for some ancient enchants. Otherwise work on giving it SAs if it doesn't have them.

Anthy, Bless Zaken, Baium Soul, AQ Soul - There is OFC a whole other tier of epics above what you have, but you are set up very similar to me. Swap the frint for val as you said. If you were to upgrade, a Lindvior would probably give you the biggest dmg boost, although will cost enough to make you think the seller isn't serious.

Need to get Valakas and Sapphire lvl3

If you don't have a 4 slot broach, do the quest that gives you a small one and work it up. Making a 5 slot is relatively cheap for what you can get out of it, but the gems are always over priced. Look for Opals, Blue cats eye, and an emerald or some defensive ones of your choice to slot in next to your sapphire.

and maybe Abund lvl1

Abundance lvl 1 is pretty cool. Pricey too. If you have a yellow abundance low grade, work on collecting the other 3 when its convenient. Build your own, just wait to the boxes to be sold in the L2 store and the prices will lower around that time for the recipes and parts. You can make the craft a 100% rate with some 15-20 I used the hunter's for a long time and it was great for sieges and CoC.

and dyes (i think 30 x +5 int dyes right? or do i need to boost some other stat too?)

This sounds ok. I would ask around, it might be that some men is desirable now with the whole dmg goes to mana and you don't die thing. Some people like cha, I prefer luc.

You should deal great dmg with some minor tweaks. Almost everything gear wise is a very small improvement that all has to add up. With the exception of Armor. Going +6 to +8 is a whole different level of playing, and then again at +8 to +10, no other improvement will yield as much return by a long shot. The next biggest impacts are all L2 store exclusive items, broach gems, shirts that make you immortal ect.

Actually thinking back on what I said about your wep, +16 is a better dmg modifier to Bsps dmg, so I would do test on mobs to see witch one actually hits harder.

Full disclosure, I haven't played a feoh in years. So as always, please second guess me and run in game tests. But this is how I would go about it more or less.

I really enjoy your positive attitude and posts, your always trying to get better in a respectful manner and without (openly at least) asking "where do I spend my $5000, I wanna be awesome". I wish you the best of luck.

-CS
thank you for all the usefull info
and I actually haven't invested more then 100 USD in the game since I started 2 months ago, all I got, I got from trading in Giran you can see me mostly in market everyday on Chronos :P
Old 06-19-2017, 04:12 PM   #20
Rogue
Tainted Zombie

Rogue is an unknown quantity at this point

What would it mean then a mob with less resistance to a specific element? If the mob is, say, low resistance to wind and I hit wind, do I still need over 500 or the element wind threshold is reduced, so I won't need to have 500+?

And in this case, how much would I need to make wind damage count?

Quote:
Monster attribute defense was increased to 500 in GC (for 100+ mobs). This basically means to have "neutral" damage (no element damage bonus or damage nerf) you need at least 500 element attack.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote