Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > Player Questions

Login

Player Questions Attention new players (and veterans too)! Do you have questions about Lineage II? Looking for a drop? Need tips on a quest? Come on in and ask your questions here--players of all experience levels are welcome!

Old 08-13-2017, 07:48 AM   #1
Luck Zeisaki
Elpy

Luck Zeisaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy HELP!!!! Admins, I messed up real bad!!!

So... Let me explain a bit about myself and give you a bit of a backstory
so you can understand why I've done what I've done and so you can understand my personality a bit better.

So, I've started playing L2 a year ago and made a Dwarf character after I saw L2 had alot of materials and heard only dwarfs were able to use them.
Good for me since I always liked dwarves, they are practically my favorite race in any game. I've based my character around "Muradin Bronzebeard" from
Warcraft III & later World of Warcraft and gave him a similar personality making fun sentences the character used to say like "FOR KHAZ MODAN!!!" every time I'd fight in Kartia and end the boss and such using dwarvish accent the whole time.

Either way, I named the character "Zeisaki" because it's my favorite name of all of them and since I used the name for a long time now. And so went on a journey to explore Lineage with my friend giving me directions at first since I didn't know anything about the game. You should understand something about myself, I... ugh.. love finding holes in the system & exploring different ways to make my game easier, so what I've done and I always do is I was running around picking random items up from the shop, and keeping drops that you get from monsters whilst also keeping items gotten as quest rewards. Then what I'd do is I'd search everything possible about the particular item that interests me and find ways to resell the item if it has any value to make some Adena.

This is why it took me about more then half a year until I reached 85. I was not hurrying I really wanted to experience the feel of the game and find all about it. (This is also why I've started a clan, I already knew more then an advanced player would at this point and knew probably every item's real worth). All the time I was playing on that single character, (Note; I did make other characters just to try out their uses, but none occupied me much and all of them I deleted after 1 day probably). So I set myself on making Zeisaki the strongest character and invested alot of time into him and finally reached 95 after long hours of constant grinding and such. (Fun thing: Zeisaki became 95 right when his character birthday hit, somewhere around 2 weeks ago).

One day a friend of mine told me about this thing called "Macros" I didn't really understand him and didn't get the concept completely understood so I've searched a long while 'till I found out how to use them properly. So after testing them out on a few mobs and figured how useful they actually were I rewarded the guy handsomely which made him very much happy indeed. And so here's where my story gets to where I've messed up. One day, I went to Aden to trade a few thing and check the Auction House and noticed how many players filled the chat with trade shops, something like "BUY GIANT ENERGY 4KK BEST PRICE /TARGET ME ADEN AT GATEKEEPER" or something like that, I mean it was obviously the worst price but who cares, I saw the guy spam it multiple times in less then a minute constantaniously. And was thinking to myself "Do these guys really sit the whole day repeating the same message over and over, or is it something else that I'm missing here..." Then I remembered Macros and learned about delays which made me think, being the curious soul that I am. "How about I make my own shop and see if this thing actually has any effect, I mean it probably won't work but still, it's worth a shot just for fun anyway. Plus it won't hurt anyone because the hurricane spamming is always happening and I doubt anyone pays attention to it so I guess they wouldn't mind me trying it out at least this once."

So I made a shop, and added a Macro to it with something simple and made the 1 line message in all big letters so I could raise some attention and made it roll every 30-60 seconds not sure how long it was and made it run continuously since I calculated that rougly 10 active players were always in Aden and the tornado spam would probably overwrite my message with other "best deals ever". To raise attention at least a bit I had to make it run that often because it was only 1 simple message with a pretty good deal for the end buyer for a pretty good item so I could see if the thing really worked.

This is where my mistake happened, I went to watch a movie, "Jurassic Park" (the first part since I never watched the movie before and heard great things about it, and I was really happy to be honest how well it was done). So while the shop ran with the same message showing up every 30-60 seconds delay I was watching the movie and having a blast as I always liked reptiles. So half through the movie I paused and made a check if my shop was still running, and if anything sold... Well let's just say a fairly unpleasant surprise awaited me, nothing sold only thing that happened was that.. ehem... "You've been muted chatting further will just increase the chat ban time" and the number beside the thing was 480+ hours since the character kept repeating the message until I finally stopped him and thought to myself "Well, I didn't mean for that to happen...".

The problem here is that I've made "Zeisaki" repeat the message since he was my only character I played with and with the ability to chat. Then a few online clan members asked me a few questions a week afterwards, when I've forgot about the ban and I think I had to answer 10 messages since I was the clan leader which as you expect made the ban go even further until the number simply didn't exist and only the message persisted "You've been muted" which I noticed later. I'm really sad about this now I didn't mean anything bad, I was just willing to test out how delays worked and if they were of any use in global trading. Now I know Admins here don't do any kind of favors but still though... I really didn't want to break the game's rules, I just forgot that this kind of thing would result in a chat ban seeing as lot of same players in Aden keep doing it without any lasting effect on them. You have my word that I won't do this again I'm really sorry about the trouble I caused, I didn't mean bad things I was just being curious and wanted to explore the game. I wouldn't be writing such a long message otherwise. My problem is that I don't have as much time as I did when I made the character and cannot afford now investing as much time in a different character. I'm really sorry guys, but this issue is really troubling me now I feel like I can't use my character anymore in which I've invested a whole year in making and this really kills it for me. I don't want to leave Lineage since it's a game that bonded my real life best friend and I so yeah... I hope you can understand me, and again I didn't mean anything bad I was just being curious that's all I can say.

Also off topic a bit, I noticed a bug during my ventures with the quest for Hatchling, no matter how much I tried I could never complete the "Deluxe Fairy Stone List" even though I followed the instructions to the letter, and didn't kill any mobs other then the necessary ones. I tried a few times over and over and checked multiple times the Fairy Stone list and the requirements I also tried keeping the exact amount of items the list wanted but to no avail it simply didn't work when I gave it to Maria to turn it into a Deluxe Fairy Stone. So yeah I just wanted to report that, besides my main issue listed above. Thank you for your understanding Admins and I wish you a great day/night/morning.

- Zeisaki

Last edited by Luck Zeisaki; 08-13-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Luck Zeisaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #2
Pleistoros
Purgatory Shadow

Pleistoros is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP!!!! Admins, I messed up real bad!!!

You are doomed bro

Im kidding...Just dont try to write in chat for that period and everything will be ok.
You just can make a new toon and inv in clan so you can speak with your clan mates.

An advice, stop macro afk spam text ...that function wasnt ment to work like this. Personally i block all sell spamers...my chat is so clean now
Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Skylarking
Grave Predator

Skylarking is an unknown quantity at this point

Also you can try sending a letter to support, and if you gonna be proven having not lied (no RMT spam/insults/etc), you can count on redemption, at least once. Worked fine for me once: my chat was banned after talking in private with some guy without reason. They had admitted it and lifted my chatban within 2-3 hours (timezone difference must have gotten something todo with this).
Skylarking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #4
RENOVATlO
Elpy

RENOVATlO is an unknown quantity at this point

Should be perma chat ban.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
Luck Zeisaki
Elpy

Luck Zeisaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your support guys, and as suggested I'll try sending a ticket and might make another character specifically for chat if nothing else works.
Luck Zeisaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:00 PM   #6
RENOVATlO
Elpy

RENOVATlO is an unknown quantity at this point

So... did you like Jurassic Park?