Lineage II Forums  
Old 07-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
ShadowFiresKitty
Tainted Zombie

ShadowFiresKitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Post The Event Brainstorming Thread

Hello everyone! I'm placing this thread here because it isn't actually *announcing* any events, just asking for ideas and thoughts.

I'm sure most clans have their own events they put on, and the L2RPA has the weekly Wishing Well, but does anyone have any other ideas for player events?

I'm mostly thinking of RP events to give the RPers on Aria an excuse to play together, but any event ideas are welcome.

Please keep comments respectful and constructive. This is just a brainstorming thread, throw out any old idea you may have. =^_^=
Old 07-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Mardonius
Banned

Mardonius will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Event Brainstorming Thread

Here is an event everyone can learn from ...

Old 07-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
ChillinOnaBOX
Dark Lord

ChillinOnaBOX is on a distinguished road

line dancing <3 hahaha
Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
ShadowFiresKitty
Tainted Zombie

LoL. Love Captain Kirk. And we could do lines of dancing in the starter villages, it'd just be hard to time everything, especially if someone was hit by a lag. But think how AWESOME it would look <3
Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
ChillinOnaBOX
Dark Lord

ChillinOnaBOX is on a distinguished road

hahaha lol yea. remember the WoW dancing video? we could blow that out of the water with like 100 toons in a 10x10 square line dancing haha
Old 07-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
ShadowFiresKitty
Tainted Zombie

Especially if we could get a good variety of races
Old 07-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
Mardonius
Banned

I want skins like this for next event for 4 weeks ...

Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
Mardonius
Banned

Lets all just RP like there is an event its easy for NC ...

Old 07-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #9
ShadowFiresKitty
Tainted Zombie

Alright, thank you for sharing but we really don't need any more photos, I'm sure either there's a thread for such things, or you can make a thread for such things. Do you perhaps have some event ideas?

So far there have been suggestions for line dancing, a ball at Hunters Village, a scavenger hunt, and an RP market. Does anyone else have ideas?
Old 07-22-2010, 04:14 AM   #10
Pirotesa
Banned

Location: Somewhere /unstuck won't work... But I sure wish you weren't InGame!
Pirotesa will become famous soon enoughPirotesa will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: The Event Brainstorming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFiresKitty View Post
Alright, thank you for sharing but we really don't need any more photos, I'm sure either there's a thread for such things, or you can make a thread for such things. Do you perhaps have some event ideas?

So far there have been suggestions for line dancing, a ball at Hunters Village, a scavenger hunt, and an RP market. Does anyone else have ideas?
My personal suggestions on an event that would IMPROVE the game as well as make the game more fun overall, seems to a be a moot point as NCNA allows botting/-boxing.

Outside of this, I would enjoy the Line Dancing, though it would be very difficult to have some sense of synchronicity. I think the Ball at Hunter's would be the best solution.

A scavenger hunt would have been fun, ages ago. Today, most long time players know the terrain. Deprives new players from participating.

Last edited by Pirotesa; 07-22-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #11
DeathWind
Grave Predator

DeathWind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello everyone! I'm placing this thread here because it isn't actually *announcing* any events, just asking for ideas and thoughts.

I'm sure most clans have their own events they put on, and the L2RPA has the weekly Wishing Well, but does anyone have any other ideas for player events?

I'm mostly thinking of RP events to give the RPers on Aria an excuse to play together, but any event ideas are welcome.

Please keep comments respectful and constructive. This is just a brainstorming thread, throw out any old idea you may have. =^_^=
Events are easy in L2. Epic boss spawns are good events but other bosses are good too. They RP killing a raid boss :B and for the more creative they can think of creative ways to die.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #12
ShadowFiresKitty
Tainted Zombie

For the Scavenger Hunt. . . you are right, but if we have someone hide things in a certain area, such as one of the towns (perhaps a starter town, or Fantasy Island, or Heine as these places have few people), it may help put people on even footing. We can have items that aren't worth much, and perhaps teams can collect them for prizes? We wouldn't announce what the items are before hand, or how many of those items are hidden around the area, so we would know if someone was trying to cheat. Beyond that, it would really have to be on an honor system.

Also, if we can find enough newbies, we could have two hunts, one for people who have been around, and one for those just getting started out. Or we can split the teams evenly so that each team has a set number of newbies, and then a leader or two who have been around for a while.

And for creative ways to die. . . =^.~= I always liked jumping off of things. Next time I want to get rid of some spare experience points, I am going to go jump off the airship landing in Rune. It has to be one of the biggest falls I've seen in the game! And I am excited to see the damage I'll take from it. =^_^=
Old 07-23-2010, 02:25 AM   #13
Pirotesa
Banned

Talking Re: The Event Brainstorming Thread

Quote:

And for creative ways to die. . . =^.~= I always liked jumping off of things. Next time I want to get rid of some spare experience points, I am going to go jump off the airship landing in Rune. It has to be one of the biggest falls I've seen in the game! And I am excited to see the damage I'll take from it. =^_^=
I love your enthusiasm Kitty. Only true L2 lovers would enjoy jumping off an airship, lol.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:38 AM   #14
Zoc
Imperial Warlord

Zoc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Next time I want to get rid of some spare experience points, I am going to go jump off the airship landing in Rune.
But... you don't die from the falls...

Unless there was like a mob right there that smacked you when you had the 0 life but were still alive, would you die.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:14 AM   #15
Pirotesa
Banned

Unhappy Re: The Event Brainstorming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShailaWaters View Post
But... you don't die from the falls...

Unless there was like a mob right there that smacked you when you had the 0 life but were still alive, would you die.
Shaila... it can be fun at times just to make an attempt
Old 07-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #16
ShadowFiresKitty
Tainted Zombie

And if you get enough damage your health will go down nearly all the way, and if you land in water or some such, or as you said, by mobs, they'll easily finish the job.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 PM   #17
Isabelie
Remnant Diabolist

Isabelie will become famous soon enoughIsabelie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
For the Scavenger Hunt. . . you are right, but if we have someone hide things in a certain area, such as one of the towns (perhaps a starter town, or Fantasy Island, or Heine as these places have few people), it may help put people on even footing. We can have items that aren't worth much, and perhaps teams can collect them for prizes? We wouldn't announce what the items are before hand, or how many of those items are hidden around the area, so we would know if someone was trying to cheat. Beyond that, it would really have to be on an honor system.

Also, if we can find enough newbies, we could have two hunts, one for people who have been around, and one for those just getting started out. Or we can split the teams evenly so that each team has a set number of newbies, and then a leader or two who have been around for a while.

We did a Halloween Scavenger Hunt which turned out well. Players didn't have to find the items tho' they had to find the person who went out a hiding!
We gave out D,C and A grade items to the winners.
Was tons of fun!
Old 07-31-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
Isabelie
Remnant Diabolist

Isabelie will become famous soon enoughIsabelie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirotesa View Post
Shaila... it can be fun at times just to make an attempt
I was out in Dragons Valley. I was fighting mobs up on top and fell off the cliff and died. I felt like a dum lemming! Then a Hero ran by and I got a rez.
It was very cool! Nothing that randomly cool will ever happen now, cuz we don't die!
Old 08-05-2010, 02:44 AM   #19
ShadowFiresKitty
Tainted Zombie

Find a person, or group of people sounds even better! I hadn't even really thought of prizes. . . hmm. . .. I is not a rich dwarfy, any ideas for good prizes?