Lineage II Forums  
Go Back   Lineage II Forums > Lineage II Discussion > General Discussion

Login

General Discussion Lineage II topics ranging from Aden to Elmore

Old 10-04-2017, 11:49 PM   #1
Miso
Tainted Zombie

Miso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much money does NCWest actually make?

I've been the "day trader" for Carrot Events for past 3 years and I see day to day activities of Buy/Sell traffics thoroughly. I think I'm confident I can estimate how much revenue the event generates NCWest.

My guesstimate is around +/- $300,000 of NCoin for 1 month of Carrot event. That's $10,000 a day, which in my opinion, too low of revenue for how great this game is.

During off season (no events), I would guess that revenue has to drop TO 1/3, which mean $100,000 monthly. A business size of NCWest with $100,000 monthly revenue is very very low and they deserve more.

I believe there are WAY too small number of players that actually spend money to enjoy L2. I think we need to create new R105 gears to stimulate in-game economy. People that play Lineage 2 thirsts for new challenges and contents every day.

Remember what Neutron said.. He sees L2 to advance and evolve for another 10 years at least! Exciting!!
Miso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:52 AM   #2
DreamSeeker
Imperial Warlord

DreamSeeker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How much money does NCWest actually make?

Like I've been saying over and over...

The game needs to be FUN first then they can start thinking about making money.

Let's think about a hypothetical situation.
Let's say they make a super promo and sell top Boss Jewels such as Lindvior, Blessed Valakas, Blessed Antharas for $5 each. But, if the level of Fun = 0%, I mean Zero, what will be the point in spending even that $5 dollars for a game that provides Zero Fun??? Sure...$5 dollars is nothing but why would anyone wanna spend that even $5 dollars when they simply don't even care??? like...lost their interest of L2 and wanna play WOW?

Stop thinking about Nstore for a moment and Stop thinking about RMT altogether but just look at the game itself. Think about Lineage2 as it is...

Is Lineage2 fun?

For a little over 2 years, I've been posting some guides for the new comers hoping that they may find their share of fun from playing Lineage2. I've posted some Adena making quests they could do while they were leveling, some Adena making dailies, some ideas for farming...and you know what?although it was not much, not even close enough to have the basic Endgame Gears needed, NC nerfed all of my game guides. They either deleted the quests or nerfed the rewards a lot (exceptionally rewarding from their point of view, e.g. Blazing swamp R-gem daily) and killed the farming(K95 drops and fishing.)

Without Nstore, what can we do in Lineage2???

There is nothing to achieve. Zero fun now, cuz they have successfully killed everything that resembles fun.

Release LvL105 gears now? sure...few people will go for it but I am sure we will lose even more people, not just the Free-to-play players, but the good people who pay.
DreamSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:53 AM   #3
Miso
Tainted Zombie

Miso is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSeeker View Post
Like I've been saying over and over...

The game needs to be FUN first then they can start thinking about making money.

Let's think about a hypothetical situation.
Let's say they make a super promo and sell top Boss Jewels such as Lindvior, Blessed Valakas, Blessed Antharas for $5 each. But, if the level of Fun = 0%, I mean Zero, what will be the point in spending even that $5 dollars for a game that provides Zero Fun??? Sure...$5 dollars is nothing but why would anyone wanna spend that even $5 dollars when they simply don't even care??? like...lost their interest of L2 and wanna play WOW?

Stop thinking about Nstore for a moment and Stop thinking about RMT altogether but just look at the game itself. Think about Lineage2 as it is...

Is Lineage2 fun?

For a little over 2 years, I've been posting some guides for the new comers hoping that they may find their share of fun from playing Lineage2. I've posted some Adena making quests they could do while they were leveling, some Adena making dailies, some ideas for farming...and you know what?although it was not much, not even close enough to have the basic Endgame Gears needed, NC nerfed all of my game guides. They either deleted the quests or nerfed the rewards a lot (exceptionally rewarding from their point of view, e.g. Blazing swamp R-gem daily) and killed the farming(K95 drops and fishing.)

Without Nstore, what can we do in Lineage2???

There is nothing to achieve. Zero fun now, cuz they have successfully killed everything that resembles fun.

Release LvL105 gears now? sure...few people will go for it but I am sure we will lose even more people, not just the Free-to-play players, but the good people who pay.
Congrats on your 1000th post. It shows how dedicated and seriously you treat L2 as your hobby.

To comment on your reply, I have two points to make.

I believe that many people struggle with "I must have all" attitude. However, I think that there are many players who are more or less HAPPY with what they have and achieved throughout the game. They could be happier if the minimal or non-NCoin spenders stop complaining about how they can't really compete with the top 1% of the group. The end game doesn't always have to be about destroying your enemy in PvP that you personally hold your grudges against.

If you keep looking for things YOU DON'T HAVE, you will fail. If you are appreciative for WHAT YOU HAVE, you WILL have a positive attitude and more likely to succeed and get even more things in game as well as life. Being the "BEST" or even "AVERAGE" is a very subjective discussion and should not be really brought on the table for discrediting NCsoft's milestones.

Secondly, when I mentioned the R105 idea, I meant to suggest that the new high level gears get created with R99 as a base material, sort of like the "upgrade" form of creation. R99 gear prices plummeted already and I feel that we are ready to bring in the new kicks to the game now.

Lineage 2 isn't always about who's stronger to beat your as$, who has more money, who got the grand luck and got the top prize from the events, who has Aden castle..etc Lineage 2 is about connecting with people, friends, your clannies or even your opposing clan enemies.

There are no eSports like L2 in the form of MMORPG in the 21st century. Trust me, I've seen many many people quit L2 and a lot of them go on to try a different game. Never have I heard any of them say L2 is worse game than their new pick.
Miso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:34 AM   #4
helvete
Tainted Zombie

helvete is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso View Post
If you keep looking for things YOU DON'T HAVE, you will fail. If you are appreciative for WHAT YOU HAVE, you WILL have a positive attitude and more likely to succeed and get even more things in game as well as life. Being the "BEST" or even "AVERAGE" is a very subjective discussion and should not be really brought on the table for discrediting NCsoft's milestones.
OK, so I'm a wynn 103 and today, yet again I was not accepted into a GOS pt because of my weapon not being good enough (R99 blessed retri +7, 1 SA lvl6, not a bad augument). At this stage I am not accepted into GC lower, AF, Gludio, not to mention Altar paties and such. I don't have hard feelings towards people who kick me out (as long as they are not offensive and most are not) because I know all higher instances require above average gear and people do not want to fail because of low dps.

After the fishing nerf I make on average 5-10kk adena a day, I can do K95 with iss boxed (usually no drop or a modify scroll), cc/baylor, kama in 7 ppl.

I'm sorry but I can't appreciate what I have Please note, I don't have too much of an expectation other than being able to make instances/quests intended for my level

I agree NC is not a charity and I woudln't mind paying a monthly subscription to enjoy the game, but at the current stage I would have to spend way too much cash to afford better gear in game. It's only a PC game after all and I can't understand how people can spend a few thousand euros on it.
helvete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:35 AM   #5
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I've been the "day trader" for Carrot Events for past 3 years and I see day to day activities of Buy/Sell traffics thoroughly. I think I'm confident I can estimate how much revenue the event generates NCWest.

My guesstimate is around +/- $300,000 of NCoin for 1 month of Carrot event. That's $10,000 a day, which in my opinion, too low of revenue for how great this game is.

During off season (no events), I would guess that revenue has to drop TO 1/3, which mean $100,000 monthly. A business size of NCWest with $100,000 monthly revenue is very very low and they deserve more.
For somebody who claims to make as much money as you, you are amazingly woolly-headed.

Going by your post, you actually mean "how much money does L2@NCWest make". To answer that question, the first step would have been to download NCsoft's quarterly earnings reports from here:
http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx
There you will find both NCWest's contribution among all territories to NCsoft's revenue and L2's contribution among all games to NCsoft's revenue. Do the maths yourself.
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #6
mixa
Remnant Diabolist

mixa will become famous soon enoughmixa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yidao View Post
For somebody who claims to make as much money as you, you are amazingly woolly-headed.

Going by your post, you actually mean "how much money does L2@NCWest make". To answer that question, the first step would have been to download NCsoft's quarterly earnings reports from here:
There you will find both NCWest's contribution among all territories to NCsoft's revenue and L2's contribution among all games to NCsoft's revenue. Do the maths yourself.
That guy is ill-minded, prolly has some psychic illness that the system has missed to recognize.
Not to mention that it's not the players' concern how much a company makes xD
Old 10-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #7
Jacky
Remnant Diabolist

Jacky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yidao View Post

2Q/17 28.731 KRW ?
This is not true. This absolutely cannot be true
Jacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:42 AM   #8
socketka
Remnant Diabolist

socketka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
OK, so I'm a wynn 103 and today, yet again I was not accepted into a GOS pt because of my weapon not being good enough (R99 blessed retri +7, 1 SA lvl6, not a bad augument). At this stage I am not accepted into GC lower, AF, Gludio, not to mention Altar paties and such. I don't have hard feelings towards people who kick me out (as long as they are not offensive and most are not) because I know all higher instances require above average gear and people do not want to fail because of low dps.

After the fishing nerf I make on average 5-10kk adena a day, I can do K95 with iss boxed (usually no drop or a modify scroll), cc/baylor, kama in 7 ppl.

I'm sorry but I can't appreciate what I have Please note, I don't have too much of an expectation other than being able to make instances/quests intended for my level

I agree NC is not a charity and I woudln't mind paying a monthly subscription to enjoy the game, but at the current stage I would have to spend way too much cash to afford better gear in game. It's only a PC game after all and I can't understand how people can spend a few thousand euros on it.
long time ago there was maestro with under-average gear who wasn't invited to most parties for GC. I still found good people who invited me and I got lv84 back then. after that I improved myself alot, became hero and got above-average gear. then came destruction and people didn't invite me to party at all because tyrrs are useless. since then i'm soloing, beginning was really hard and slow, then it became better and better. now I can solo most even on such class without single cent spent.

but i have same opinion like you, problem isn't making adena but problem is when weapon got price 40 bilion, and that isn't farmable via game mechanics.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:50 AM   #9
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm

Chucksteak is an unknown quantity at this point

To the OP, I didn't DL the numbers from Yidao's website. But using Neutrons metrics (witch I showed mathematically disproved his inflation explanation) they had a revenue of over $1.2 million just on rods from 2 events less than 12 months apart. Then make the LOL claim that they did. It was and IS still fraud by definition. Regardless, this alone is more than enough income to support 2 dudes working part time on this game. Don't fool yourself thinking they need more money. There are several people (look at Ms, Nova, MAx, DH ect membership) that spend thousands and thousands of dollars per year on broken items and OP gear.

Now, about the next decade, there will NOT be enough whales to support anything by that time, or long before then. Id guess they are losing around 5-10% of the whale population with each patch at this point. They keep ninja nerfing anything useful without notes and adding broken things for only those with thousands to spend. Just look at the AH and realize how many people are cashing out by selling all their gear and then thier adena to RMT. You will notice that is whale gear, not average gear.
Chucksteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #10
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
I believe that many people struggle with "I must have all" attitude. However, I think that there are many players who are more or less HAPPY with what they have and achieved throughout the game. They could be happier if the minimal or non-NCoin spenders stop complaining about how they can't really compete with the top 1% of the group. The end game doesn't always have to be about destroying your enemy in PvP that you personally hold your grudges against.
What? Are you touched, or just completely disconnected form reality? I have to assume you are only trying to troll with this statement so I wont bother going any further on it.

Quote:
Lineage 2 isn't always about who's stronger to beat your as$, who has more money, who got the grand luck and got the top prize from the events, who has Aden castle..etc Lineage 2 is about connecting with people, friends, your clannies or even your opposing clan enemies.

There are no eSports like L2 in the form of MMORPG in the 21st century. Trust me, I've seen many many people quit L2 and a lot of them go on to try a different game. Never have I heard any of them say L2 is worse game than their new pick.
You can connect with friends and people on any platform. The reason to use the L2 platform should be because you all enjoy building and working on your toons together to become stronger and better than you were previously. It should not be about who has more $$ = the strongest as this depresses participation and takes away any sense of satisfaction one would get from actually playing the game to progress. Blizzard figured this out with their terrible idea of an AH in D3 and removed it entirely witch caused a big renaissance for that title at the time. Unfortunately this IS were we are.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #11
Chucksteak
Thunder Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post

If you need a clan PM me. I have one in mind that could use more summoners and wouldn't turn you down for parties due to you not having spent over $1000 on your wep.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:19 AM   #12
Oeste
Dark Knight

Oeste is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
There is nothing out there that resembles L2, I've tried literally dozens of MMO's and not a single one of them holds a candle to this game. The aesthetics, the world they've created, the gameplay. I agree with you when you say this is a hobby and if you are serious about your hobby it will cost you, but how much it costs you depends on where you set your goals at. For myself I am content to where I am and I know what I can aspire to, when I make an argument to lower the costs to play the game is because we do need more people playing, otherwise the few people that remain won't be able to keep this boat afloat and I for one don't want my hobby to die.
Old 10-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #13
Draecke
Baylor

Draecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the roughDraecke is a jewel in the rough

what Yidao forgot to mention is that most of the money that is drained out of L2@NCWest goes to pay for other NC projects, not even 10% of the money is re-invested into L2..
Draecke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:04 PM   #14
Yidao
Zaken

Yidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of lightYidao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
2Q/17 28.731 KRW ?
This is not true. This absolutely cannot be true
Look in the upper right corner of the diagram - the numbers are given in million Won. NCWest made 28,731,000,000 Won in the second fiscal quarter 2017. Since around 1000 Won are 1 US dollar, that's roughly equivalent to a gross revenue 28 million dollars in 3 months, or around 9 million dollars per month. Blade & Soul is extremely popular in China; here at NCWest we can probably divide Aion, B&S, Guild Wars and Lineage 2 roughly 1:1:1:1 and for simplicity's sake neglect Wild Star and MxM (the revenue from there is so small that it's not even listed). Long story short, L2@NCWest makes more than 2 million dollars per month. Chucksteak is right and Miso is off by a factor of 10.

And Draecke is also right, I forgot to mention that the main part of NCWest's revenue nowadays goes there:
http://us.ncsoft.com/en/about-us/#nc..._tiger_studios
For reasons that are explained in the last paragraph here:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/...&site=lineage2
(check the timeline)

So if you consider it your civic duty to finance the development of mobile games, by all means do buy NCoins
Yidao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #15
Aoikaze
Hungry Spirit

Aoikaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketka View Post
long time ago there was maestro with under-average gear who wasn't invited to most parties for GC. I still found good people who invited me and I got lv84 back then. after that I improved myself alot, became hero and got above-average gear. then came destruction and people didn't invite me to party at all because tyrrs are useless. since then i'm soloing, beginning was really hard and slow, then it became better and better. now I can solo most even on such class without single cent spent.

but i have same opinion like you, problem isn't making adena but problem is when weapon got price 40 bilion, and that isn't farmable via game mechanics.
You have a toon pre-god, its not the same situation like you start play 1 or 2 years ago
Aoikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:21 AM   #16
Ox'bane
Tainted Zombie

Ox'bane is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoikaze View Post
You have a toon pre-god, its not the same situation like you start play 1 or 2 years ago
it is the same situation.

even if u have a antharas earring or top weapon and by top weapon a mean a +7 vespers sa 300. this is far far away from the **** ncsoft turn l2 into.

+14 recurve bow 300 focus on chronos= 4b before free to play and this was the ultimate weapon back in old and awesome times.(the owner tried to sell the bow everyday and never success)

how much cost the top weapon today? could u get it with 4b? BTW HOW MUCH TIME WOULD U TAKE TO FARM 4B LEGIT???

and theres more, i had a +5 eternal core dualsword 300 that i got pmed from gicobe himself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8gX4nlmIKM asking if i want to trade for his +16 dual tallum/dark legion, i managed to sell the eternal core duals for 1b before trully crap play start, so his +16 weapon, one of the "top" on chronos were around 1b.

a +4 vorpal light set 900attr(yes, just 900, attr wasnt the same **** is it now)= something around 1.1b

i managed to farm all the endgame gear playing for 1 years alone, 0 rmt, just 1 account.

can someone do it now? i was here pre **** free and i quit cos is impossible to keepup legit, i said that too many times on forum. the smart ppl read and agreed, the joke ppl, talk **** back.

after trully **** in order to keep up i used a glitch that i did report to support, a friend of mine managed to replicate a glitch from private servers and we got free access to sir tanta ugoros. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LW6RN79aT4

each 5 minutes we enter to kill him, get a holy crystal, 3 eas or 1 ews, sometimes it drops 500k to 1kk adena plus some key material. we divided the job on 4 ppl, each one got 6 hours at day to farm free, once one time ends the other starts. doing that i was able to get longings talis 2 sets of legendary dex lv5 and 1 set lv5 legendary str, improve all my boss jewells, blessed amarantine bow +6 2sa and +6blessed eternal leather set.

then they add tauti, shirts, underware, more destruction scrolls, the pvp/pve stones more and more, and guess what? my report to suport were taking seriously, they revamped all the s84 quest spots.

so that end any chance we had to keep cheating, and i already said to u u cant be on top on trully **** legit, the business model is design so u cant do it.
Ox'bane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:44 AM   #17
Ox'bane
Tainted Zombie

Ox'bane is an unknown quantity at this point

and to end this.

there is alot BR players on endgame right now, i dont know how they did it. or how much time it cost.

but i can say for sure, to any guy with 2k montly income on usa or some euro country is easy and cheap to gear up.

but for us on brasil is almost impossible, i have the 2k montly income, but what cost u 1 dolar, i payed almost 4.

when usa/euro players pay 70- dolar to get 10b, we pay 300 to 330 due to iof, so u guyz still have 1.930 of ur montly income, us 1.670.

i know this isnt ur fault, or nc, this is life hitting hard.
Ox'bane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:26 AM   #18
Sphryx
Tainted Zombie

Sphryx is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox'bane View Post
and to end this.

there is alot BR players on endgame right now, i dont know how they did it. or how much time it cost.

but i can say for sure, to any guy with 2k montly income on usa or some euro country is easy and cheap to gear up.

but for us on brasil is almost impossible, i have the 2k montly income, but what cost u 1 dolar, i payed almost 4.

when usa/euro players pay 70- dolar to get 10b, we pay 300 to 330 due to iof, so u guyz still have 1.930 of ur montly income, us 1.670.

i know this isnt ur fault, or nc, this is life hitting hard.
Brazilian here! I wouldn't be able to live with only 2k a month xD...

No idea about who you are or in which part of brazil you live, but this amount is paid for trainees and for not-so-desired jobs.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #19
Radec
Elpy

Radec is an unknown quantity at this point

I am wondering wether OP is for real?
The income of NCwest is not a responsibilty of the players..........
I am really surprised at your way of thinking. Why would anyone spend money on this game if they simply do not want to or dont appreciate the way the game is evolving?

Improving income and profit is all down to the employees of the company.

Explain to us why we as players even should give a ****?
Radec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #20
Skylarking
Thunder Wyrm

Skylarking is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radec View Post

Explain to us why we as players even should give a ****?
Topic has been created by the player.
So, actually, you should not give any
Skylarking is offline   Reply With Quote